The Lego Movie

Lyichir

Swert posted on Facebook that he got it on Xbox Music (lol who uses that) so it's probably on every main online music store. You can even stream if free on Spotify.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I see. I prefer having a CD because then I can rip it in lossless. It sounds a lot better. I guess the Amazon MP3 thing explains why there are so many 256kbps encodes floating around on the internet. Thanks for the info.

Has anyone who's seen the movie stayed to see if there's a post-credits scene (those are all the rage now)? Don't tell me what it is - I just want to know if I should sit through all the credits or not.

That's what's great about Amazon; you get the CD, but you also get a free MP3 download to tide you over until it arrives.

There's no post-credits scene, but it's worth it to stick around for the credits anyway; they open with a true stop-motion sequence and close with an acoustic version of "Everything is Awesome".

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I thought it was one of the greatest movies I have ever seen in my life, just check my homepage to know exactly what rank. It had a great message to give,it was absolutely hilarious, and there were a few moments that almost made me cry. Plus, the second twist in the middle of the third act was insanely imaginative.

• Upvote 1

TheGeekIgnika, the caffeinated cyber-ninja.  Or just some idiot with a computer.  You choose.

If I sounded like a geek in this

post, you are correct.

"Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection.  It means never having to play it cool about about how much you like something.  It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult.  Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.  Even me.

Has anyone who's seen the movie stayed to see if there's a post-credits scene (those are all the rage now)? Don't tell me what it is - I just want to know if I should sit through all the credits or not.

There isn't. The credits for the big names have unique backgrounds, but after that it's just plain backgrounds. I thouht it was worth staying for the music though.

Are signatures still a thing?

There isn't. The credits for the big names have unique backgrounds, but after that it's just plain backgrounds. I thouht it was worth staying for the music though.

The music, and, if you're the kind of FOL who cares about that sort of thing, the model designers. I definitely saw some names I recognized like Jamie Berard (designer of most of the modular buildings, among other things) and Marcos Bessa (designer of the Haunted House, Ewok Village, and Simpsons House).

For those who have seen the film in 3D (or both 3D and 2D) is it a format that you would recommend? I'm generally a 3D skeptic and find that it usually adds nothing to the film (Avatar, Prometheus, every-3D-rerelease). But occasionally a film will come along where I feel like the format really enhances it (Life of Pi, Gravity), and I just want to know if this is one of those movies. And by 'enhance' I don't mean stuff flies out of the screen all gimmicky (which as far as I'm concerned is a reason to avoid 3D), but rather it contributes to realizing the world of the film.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

For those who have seen the film in 3D (or both 3D and 2D) is it a format that you would recommend? I'm generally a 3D skeptic and find that it usually adds nothing to the film (Avatar, Prometheus, every-3D-rerelease). But occasionally a film will come along where I feel like the format really enhances it (Life of Pi, Gravity), and I just want to know if this is one of those movies. And by 'enhance' I don't mean stuff flies out of the screen all gimmicky (which as far as I'm concerned is a reason to avoid 3D), but rather it contributes to realizing the world of the film.

It depends, really. There are a fair number of "fly out of the screen" moments, and the movie certainly doesn't depend on the 3D to be good. But I do feel (having seen it twice in 3D) that the 3D gives a unique experience, akin to actually being there in the Lego world alongside the characters. It adds to the immersion.

So yeah. I'd recommend seeing it at least once in 3D. This is the kind of movie that benefits from repeat viewings, after all, so if the 3D bothers you the first time you can watch it without 3D a week or so later.

• Upvote 1

So I finally saw the movie, and it was just as great as everyone's been saying.

One thing that struck me as odd was removing Emmett's line in the trailer: "Wow! Can you make one of these in orange?" Batman's reply was moved later into the film. Also, parts of Emmett's speech that were in the trailer seem to have been removed or reworded.

Also, essentially everything Will Ferrell said in this B-Roll footage has been removed.

I hope there's some finished deleted scenes with these lines as bonus features on the home video releases. Maybe they could even make a special extended edition (though that's extremely unlikely).

No doubt they make multiple versions of a lot of scenes to test how well they flow together. We saw one version of the scene in the trailer because the joke was funny and it wasn't hampered by context. In the movie itself it probably wouldn't have fit as well, so things were changed.

Same with the cut lines. Only so much of the recording can make it into the movie. That's why they release it like this, so people can still see it.

OpAXNpl.jpg

So I finally saw the movie, and it was just as great as everyone's been saying.

One thing that struck me as odd was removing Emmett's line in the trailer: "Wow! Can you make one of these in orange?" Batman's reply was moved later into the film. Also, parts of Emmett's speech that were in the trailer seem to have been removed or reworded.

Also, essentially everything Will Ferrell said in this B-Roll footage has been removed.

I hope there's some finished deleted scenes with these lines as bonus features on the home video releases. Maybe they could even make a special extended edition (though that's extremely unlikely).

OMG! That video is so funny!

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

Now that we can talk a little more freely about the story:

One of my favorite scenes was when Uni-Kitty went grimdark.

Because grimdark.

I wouldn't say Angry Kitty is grimdark. She's scary, but scary in a funny, over-the-top way, not in a deeply, psychologically unnerving way. More The Incredible Hulk than Mr. Hyde, if you get my drift. And the best part was that we could see her anger start to boil over sometimes before that — it was almost a triumphant moment when she let loose and stopped bothering to bottle up her feelings, because even in an angry rampage she was being true to herself.

No doubt they make multiple versions of a lot of scenes to test how well they flow together. We saw one version of the scene in the trailer because the joke was funny and it wasn't hampered by context. In the movie itself it probably wouldn't have fit as well, so things were changed.

Same with the cut lines. Only so much of the recording can make it into the movie. That's why they release it like this, so people can still see it.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Still, I'd like to see how they envisioned the scenes flowing together in an extended edition.

Also, what was with Wonder Woman? She had one word in the entire movie. I'm sure she had more lines than that originally.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I just saw the movie for myself. It was pretty good. Certainly not the best movie I ever saw, but it was funny and had some creative twists in it. The stop-action was pretty darn impressive, and worked out way better than I thought it would.

Also...

There was a single frame of BIONICLE in the movie. Admittedly, that was all I wanted - a short reference, and nothing more. So that worked out pretty well.

Overall, worth seeing. My younger sisters both liked it far more than I did, but I still have to give the movie a solid 8/10.

I saw the movie yesterday and really enjoyed it (Batman was my favorite character, though Benny was great, too). Also enjoyed the Bionicle reference, as brief as it was.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I watched the movie, and I gotta say, it defies expectations.

I had been originally skeptical about the movie, thinking it would have a formulaic plot and basically just a feature length ad, but it turns out to be a lot more than that. There's plenty of humor, pop culture references, and they actually made the generic "chosen one" plot tolerable, even interesting.

The animation was topnotch, too, and while it doesn't rely much on 3D, there are moments that immerse you into the movie.

Edited by 16N1K4

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I utterly *LOOOVE* Unikitty; that is all.

Well, no, actually, that's not all. But she *was* my favourite character, easily. I have to confess a massive soft spot for cute characters like her XD

But yes; I definitely enjoyed the movie a lot more than I was expecting to. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I didn't think it would be that good; it was mostly nostalgia - and the fact that I was literally going to be walking right past the cinema the exact time it was on - that prompted me to go and see it. But yes, even if I wouldn't call it my favourite animated movie of the year, I did end up liking it a lot.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Having finally gotten around to watching Frozen, I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. It was an excellent movie, but I couldn't help comparing it to The Lego Movie (which I felt had themes that were more consistent and more applicable to me personally). I feel like it may have somewhat lessened my experience watching what would otherwise be an excellent movie. Has this happened to anyone else?