Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

Well, I just like trying to think outside the box, and not Velika, because if there's a prize for guessing it right, only the first person gets it anyways, so why say "I think it's Velika" every post? And what about Mantax? He was quiet, didn't do much in the story. He was also important and created by Mata Nui.EDIT: Well, as long as GB get powerhungry.

Mantax was a member of the League of Six Kingdoms- warlords, meaning, there was a lot of interference in the MU, so... I'm doubtful.~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

What if Greg just made it seem like Velika to troll us ?and when the GB is reaveled its like Kazi or something ?my points for supporting Kazi :

• [*]He was the only Matoran on Voya Nui before the events of the Piraka storyline who knew about Axonn.[*]Greg said that some one Ko- would be a good guess[*]He was also the only one of the Matoran who initially had an inkling why the Piraka were on Voya Nui.[*]he was enough realist to know the Matoran probably wouldn't survive a fight with the Piraka. a GB would know the limitations of the body he's in and realist seems like a GB trait.[*]Thats is all.

Edited by Deltus

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

What if Greg just made it seem like Velika to troll us ?and when the GB is reaveled its like Kazi or something ?my points for supporting Kazi :

• [*]He was the only Matoran on Voya Nui before the events of the Piraka storyline who knew about Axonn.[*]Greg said that some one Ko- would be a good guess[*]He was also the only one of the Matoran who initially had an inkling why the Piraka were on Voya Nui.[*]he was enough realist to know the Matoran probably wouldn't survive a fight with the Piraka. a GB would know the limitations of the body he's in and realist seems like a GB trait.[*]Thats is all.

Oh, gee, thanks! Just when I'm starting to feel comfortable with our choice, you go and pull a stunt like this. And the worst part is, I have to agree, I think, because it seems very legitimate. Hmm...~Tobi

And he can count to 232,654,759 when dealing with Velika. :PBut really, those are good points, but I think the points for Velika say "Great Being" more than those for Kazi.

aouROFb.png

Just some more supporting points:He (along with Velika) has a motive for his evil deeds.He kept a journal during his time on Voya Nui (which Velika did not, as far as we know).There was some discussion regarding Kazi as the Great Being towards the beginning of this topic. Discussion on him kind of died off, though, but he has potential.

Another thing on the Kazi theory: it may be insignificant, but when summarizing the cast of characters in all the Legends books, it says Kazi: A Ko-Matoran with many secrets.Just thinking...

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

i didnt read through all of this buuuutttTriglax is named, still alive, prolly on SM, and what not. :Iplus, i have a crazy feeling Triglax is a skakdi. i love me some cool skakdi.

i kinda of see where your coming from but if we assumed just because he is a shapeshifter that he is a great being we could say the same about Krahka. and plus there is not alot of info on him and i think he made a single appearance in a fan written story that was made canon. plus your probably thinking that if he could shape shift he could have just shape shift to look like a MU inhabitant. but greg said that the great being transferred his soul into a mu inhabitant.and i will admit it skakdi are cool but triglax seems hardly unlikely.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i didnt read through all of this buuuutttTriglax is named, still alive, prolly on SM, and what not. :Iplus, i have a crazy feeling Triglax is a skakdi. i love me some cool skakdi.

i kinda of see where your coming from but if we assumed just because he is a shapeshifter that he is a great being we could say the same about Krahka. and plus there is not alot of info on him and i think he made a single appearance in a fan written story that was made canon. plus your probably thinking that if he could shape shift he could have just shape shift to look like a MU inhabitant. but greg said that the great being transferred his soul into a mu inhabitant.and i will admit it skakdi are cool but triglax seems hardly unlikely.
I also agree. Although I do like the idea of a shapeshifting Skakdi, it's not very likely. In addition, Triglax is a Dark Hunter, who would take things for himself from time to time, and thus, he interfered in the MU, ruling him out as a candidate, as with most other DH's. The only one we can infer has some possibility, like Voxumo repeatedly brings up is Darkness, who, as far as we know, hasn't done any real interfering, but since his whereabouts were never really specified during Terry's reign (though it can be inferred that he was with TSO, we don't know), it's possible he was "tapped for a mission" by the Order, and would have carried it out, again, meaning, he interfered. Still, this information is not available, so we can't really speculate.tl;drYour concept of a character is cool, but highly unlikely to exist and cannot be the GB.~Tobi

Oh, gee, thanks! Just when I'm starting to feel comfortable with our choice, you go and pull a stunt like this. And the worst part is, I have to agree, I think, because it seems very legitimate. Hmm...~Tobi
Your very Welcome.just trying to bring everyone in to focus so we can knock off more choice's. but the only thing that made me wander off Velika is that Greg said Some one Ko- would be a good guess.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Your very Welcome.just trying to bring everyone in to focus so we can knock off more choice's. but the only thing that made me wander off Velika is that Greg said Some one Ko- would be a good guess.
That's true. But of course, now my whole life has been flipped upside-down and it made me upset. Why would you do that?! I was so sure, and now I'm not. Nyah.~Tobi

Hmmm must think of some one else... Ok here goesWho's The GB Dark Hunter Editon by Deltus.1.Vanisher-Vanisher" had the power to open interdimensional gates through which he could walk, travelling great distances in the blink of an eye, and appearing to vanish to the observer. He also had the power to open "pocket dimensions" in order to trap attacks. He could keep these for as long as he wished, and then release the energy contained. Many times he had defeated enemies with nothing but their own power seems like an ablilty a GB would have-"Vanisher" was a willful Dark Hunter; he was independent, powerful, often disobeyed orders, and exacted harsh punishment on those who tried to enforce rules upon him I dont think a GB would likley not take kind to heart his own creations enforcing him.2.The Recorder- It is unknown where "The Recorder" originated (Mabye the GB was just wandering around observing things?), but he was recruited by the Dark Hunters, hired as "The Shadowed One's" personal chronicler (A good position to observe something).-At one point, in "The Shadowed One's" chamber, "The Recorder" commented that "The Shadowed One" was only second to that of Teridax (A GB would know Teridax's destiny and how pwerful each of there creations are) As a punishment, he was thrown across the room. but he survived the impact (No doubt that TSO is immensley powerful but a GB could easily have survived).3.Silence-"Silence" had the natural ability to create a field around himself that completely deadened all sound, allowing him to move silently. The field extended just less than a Bio around his body, an exact field radius of three feet A good ability for observation-Even when he was on Odina, no one knew just where he was for sure. the GB would want to go unoticed and no doubt would do it well and by going unoticed he could easily observe.4.Dweller-Dweller" could probe the thoughts of others or drive them mad through nightmares (A GB like ability). He could also affect others' perceptions to keep them from noticing him(A GB can appear invisible to there creations at will ) , and he was able to spend over a thousand years undetected. -"Dweller" was incredibly patient a quality a GB likely has.5.Darkness-"He is silent as he watches (Watching or Observing). No one, not even I, knows what goes on behind his bloodred eyes(A GB's goal would never go noticed)."-TSO a GB would love the position of bieng able to watch silently and knowing the observed wont act against him.-He is considered to be one of the most powerful Dark Hunters and able to take down the Shadowed One if needed. A GB could easily do that.The End.There you go Procced to poke holes in my few suspects I randomly thought of.

2.The Recorder- It is unknown where "The Recorder" originated (Mabye the GB was just wandering around observing things?), but he was recruited by the Dark Hunters, hired as "The Shadowed One's" personal chronicler (A good position to observe something).-At one point, in "The Shadowed One's" chamber, "The Recorder" commented that "The Shadowed One" was only second to that of Teridax (A GB would know Teridax's destiny and how pwerful each of there creations are) As a punishment, he was thrown across the room. but he survived the impact (No doubt that TSO is immensley powerful but a GB could easily have survived).

That, sounds actually pretty logical, what better way of observation than from the side of one of the most powerful beings, who traveled acrosst he whole universe, andwho contributed NOTHING to the plot, a perfect GB observing...

2.The Recorder- It is unknown where "The Recorder" originated (Mabye the GB was just wandering around observing things?), but he was recruited by the Dark Hunters, hired as "The Shadowed One's" personal chronicler (A good position to observe something).-At one point, in "The Shadowed One's" chamber, "The Recorder" commented that "The Shadowed One" was only second to that of Teridax (A GB would know Teridax's destiny and how pwerful each of there creations are) As a punishment, he was thrown across the room. but he survived the impact (No doubt that TSO is immensley powerful but a GB could easily have survived).

That, sounds actually pretty logical, what better way of observation than from the side of one of the most powerful beings, who traveled acrosst he whole universe, andwho contributed NOTHING to the plot, a perfect GB observing...
well we can say the exact same about Darkness

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I was so sure it was Kapura, that honestly I have no candidate to theorize. I see the logic behind rejecting him though, but it doesn't give me any options. But I thought of this.The only character I can think of that it might be Turaga Dume. He doesn't see the Matoran as equals, as can be seen in his willingness to keep the Matoran of knowing about Mata-Nui's death, and he has a great dislike of people disobeying him, as seen when Nokama told Jaller the truth. And we know the Great Beings thought of themselves as gods, or at least superior lifegorms. And while he can seem uncaring towards his Matoran, he fiercely protects Metru-Nui, standing up to Dark Hunters. Perhaps he knew the danger of letting the hunters have a base in the robot's brain? And he knew the truth of Mata-Nui's death, something that most MU inhabitants won't figure out.In the Dark Mirror universe, Dume claims that no Toa is his friend. Yet since he was a Toa, won't he realize that they could be heroes? But if he was really a Great Being, he won't see himself as a Toa. Not to mention that he didn't loose his memories, despite being in a capsule. And since Metru-Nui is Mata-Nui's vulnerable point, a Great Being would want it to supervise it so that Spherus-Magna would reform.Feel free to find all the flaws with this idea.

I like your theory, it really makes sense. I also think keetongu is a contender due to the fact that he was the only survivor of his kind, which could have been because of his knowledge of the MU.
kadin.png kadin.png kadin.png

Someone a few posts back mentioned they couldn't find the original topics for the contest this debate originated from - here they are:http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=333412 - Name That GB (original topic, contest ended February 14th 2011)http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=333677 - Who It Isn't (Greg's response to the contest guesses)yeah, they're on the archive. so they'll log you out. :P

hey there

Thanks Danwojo and Ice the Great! I was looking for the Name That GB topic, I think. Unfortunately, based on the discussion in the topic, I don't think that that was ever said, so it seems like we won't be able to find a comprehensive list. However, I found something that I think has largely been ignored (it might have been discussed and I've just forgotten about it, sorry if it has been). From the "Name that GB" topic, a comment from GregF:

A lot of people understandably are getting hung up on the good-evil thing, so one comment:What might be considered evil to a Toa, but NOT to a Great Being?

It seems like what happened in the old topic has happened here as well. That means that evil characters aren't entirely out of the question (especially ones that behaved like Antroz or Krika).

I was so sure it was Kapura, that honestly I have no candidate to theorize. I see the logic behind rejecting him though, but it doesn't give me any options. But I thought of this.The only character I can think of that it might be Turaga Dume. He doesn't see the Matoran as equals, as can be seen in his willingness to keep the Matoran of knowing about Mata-Nui's death, and he has a great dislike of people disobeying him, as seen when Nokama told Jaller the truth. And we know the Great Beings thought of themselves as gods, or at least superior lifegorms. And while he can seem uncaring towards his Matoran, he fiercely protects Metru-Nui, standing up to Dark Hunters. Perhaps he knew the danger of letting the hunters have a base in the robot's brain? And he knew the truth of Mata-Nui's death, something that most MU inhabitants won't figure out.In the Dark Mirror universe, Dume claims that no Toa is his friend. Yet since he was a Toa, won't he realize that they could be heroes? But if he was really a Great Being, he won't see himself as a Toa. Not to mention that he didn't loose his memories, despite being in a capsule. And since Metru-Nui is Mata-Nui's vulnerable point, a Great Being would want it to supervise it so that Spherus-Magna would reform.Feel free to find all the flaws with this idea.

I like your theory, it really makes sense. I also think keetongu is a contender due to the fact that he was the only survivor of his kind, which could have been because of his knowledge of the MU.
However, Keetongu was a Rahi, and it seems unlikely that a great being would be a Rahi.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

However, Keetongu was a Rahi, and it seems unlikely that a great being would be a Rahi.

He was a highly intelligent Rahi though. I don't even think it's correct to classify Keetongu's species as Rahi. They seem at least as intelligent as Skakdi.I originally didn't think Kazi could be the GB because he isn't wise enough to get what Velika says. Then my sister mentioned that wouldn't it make you mad if one of your creations was smarter than you?Also, the journal thing is very interesting. I'm going with Kazi over Velika now.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Yes, but, he interfered in the universe, curing many beings of Visorak poison. So I think that rules him out.~Tobi

but if we were only using those qualities
  • [*]Being the last of his species[*]Intelligence

so if those were the only qualities then we could say the same about Krahka

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

but if we were only using those qualities

• [*]Being the last of his species[*]Intelligence

so if those were the only qualities then we could say the same about Krahka

He's got a point. Heck, even Miserix falls into the category now.~Tobi
Thank you for supporting my statement

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Look, Keetongu is a bit too involved. Kazi and Velika are primary suspects. However, if Kazi, then he did his job efficiently, forgetting his roots, and hiding his GB knowledge. I mean, even if Kazi is Ko-, he gets angry a little too often (With Velika), out of character for a GB. Now, Velika, if GB, then he let his guard down, began to share more, concealed himself with riddles, did everything perfectly in-character for a GB, and stayed in the background.

aouROFb.png

Look, Keetongu is a bit too involved. Kazi and Velika are primary suspects. However, if Kazi, then he did his job efficiently, forgetting his roots, and hiding his GB knowledge. I mean, even if Kazi is Ko-, he gets angry a little too often (With Velika), out of character for a GB. Now, Velika, if GB, then he let his guard down, began to share more, concealed himself with riddles, did everything perfectly in-character for a GB, and stayed in the background.

Velika is also Maori for "great" (see page 9).So, I'm under the impression that Greg saying "Ko- is a good guess" was him bluffing.

Here is my thing when you say kazi get angry which is out of place for a GB then tell if that GB is not upset or mentally disturbed (which trust me i think i can say i know more about being mentally disturbed better than any member on bzpower and i mean any) why would he share the secret to the toa's powers with a group of homocidal vorox who seem like they may have watched/read the The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell. so obviously there is something wrong with the GB and each being has their own personality. just look at the world leaders not all of them are the same and i think GBs could be classified as different.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Here is my thing when you say kazi get angry which is out of place for a GB then tell if that GB is not upset or mentally disturbed (which trust me i think i can say i know more about being mentally disturbed better than any member on bzpower and i mean any) why would he share the secret to the toa's powers with a group of homocidal vorox who seem like they may have watched/read the The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell. so obviously there is something wrong with the GB and each being has their own personality. just look at the world leaders not all of them are the same and i think GBs could be classified as different.
Good point after all the GBs are all intelligent and different. The only trait we can guess the GB has is Observent really.

Velika is also Maori for "great" (see page 9).So, I'm under the impression that Greg saying "Ko- is a good guess" was him bluffing.
That is likely, as he did not say definitely. Also, Kazi did not seem to have enough necessary traits.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Good point after all the GBs are all intelligent and different. The only trait we can guess the GB has is Observent really.
yeah that is my exact point. look at helryx she had to diverge from the path of a normal toa but for a purpose. Karzahni was suppose to be a good builder but he did not so he diverged. so yeah i'm just saying he may have originally been a good guy but maybe stuff happened and he diverged from his original goals. greg never said he was currently a good guy. he may be have started good but like i said people can diverge from their intended path he personal paths and goals can be changed.this is one reason why i believe Darkness could be a potential candidate for being the GB is because he may be known to be evil but it could just be a cover. especially since Darkness has not really known to do anything horribly evil he has just had to "Punish" some other dark hunters bu heck the great beings created the battera to stop the fighting and those creations killed many glatorians and possible agori, so i could see them by extension performing executions if needed. and even though darkness is with the dark hunters it could be more like a business association. Look at Albert Einstein he created the formula that would eventually be used for the atomic bomb although he did not intend it for that purpose the formula and by extension him became associated with the atomic bomb that killed ??? (i can't remember how many exactly) people. the same could be applied to the GB. just take a minute to think and contemplate my reason/theory for my persistent mentioning of the GB possibly being Darkness the Dark Hunter.So food for thought.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"He is silent as he watches. No one, not even I, knows what goes on behind his blood-red eyes."—"The Shadowed One" on "Darkness", BIONICLE: Dark Hunters.Silent, observant and with an elusive mind, GB qualitites, I originally thought it could be the Recorder, but this quote made me change my opinion..

"He is silent as he watches. No one, not even I, knows what goes on behind his blood-red eyes."—"The Shadowed One" on "Darkness", BIONICLE: Dark Hunters.Silent, observant and with an elusive mind, GB qualitites, I originally thought it could be the Recorder, but this quote made me change my opinion..

I had forgotten about that quote but i'm glad you remembered it becuase that further supports my theory that Darkness could be the Great Being

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

So, from what I see, we have 3 big options:Darkness, Kazi, and Velika.Darkness, because, as Voxumo keeps stating, we don't have a full idea of what he's done in the past, and has no real "history" of interfering with the MU.Velika because of his riddles, his knowledge of EP, and his observance of various situations.Kazi due to the fact that he's a Ko-Matoran, knew Axonn was on the island somehow, and I believe one other reason that I'm leaving out.Anyone have anything more to add?~Tobi

So, from what I see, we have 3 big options:Darkness, Kazi, and Velika.Darkness, because, as Voxumo keeps stating, we don't have a full idea of what he's done in the past, and has no real "history" of interfering with the MU.Velika because of his riddles, his knowledge of EP, and his observance of various situations.Kazi due to the fact that he's a Ko-Matoran, knew Axonn was on the island somehow, and I believe one other reason that I'm leaving out.Anyone have anything more to add?~Tobi

What reason are you leaving out?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

What reason are you leaving out?
Oh, it was just that Kazi knew his limitations and thus tried to dissuade the others from fighting the Piraka, that's all.~Tobi

To be perfectly honest, it seems like this topic has mostly been reduced to "I say the GB is So-and-so, and I will stand by this opinion no matter how much evidence there is for or against it!"~B~

Edited by Ballom

I guess it's going to be really hard to prove much mabye it won't be Velika because the GB might be nothing like him same with Darkness and Kazi, In the end its really anyone Greg picks so it could really be anyone (except those said not be for sure of course)

Edited by Deltus

I'm actually glad Darkness is a contender."I could have been a contender" I mean it is nice for an "Evil" Character to be an actual possibility instead of being shot down because well that character is under the evil categoryand i'll admit it is also nice since i did actually do research on my choices instead of just stating who ever came to mind. I will admit as far as i know no one else has suggested him. the reason i say this is that in one of the original topics it was stated greg would choose a winner for who guessed the right one and for who gave the best reason. so even if somebody guessed the GB right if they did not give good enough reason to support their choice then they would not be chosen the winner.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu