Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

I believe that the "character" and "still living" might rule that out.Also, the GB would probably want a thing less easily manipulated. Plus Mata Nui has control of the thing now; it is unlikely that it would be able to execute some evil plan.Third, the Ignika has more primitive thought processes. It has "new" experiences about things a GB would have already experianced.

I remember I gave a theory regarding that while back. I was basically stating that it doesn't necessarily have to be an "evil" plan; Orde can just be viewing it as "evil", for this Great being's plan can be against Orde's and their's mission. Again, not evil, just circumstance that make's it look like this GB is bad.

Indeed, until we know exactly what said plan is we can't be sure of the GB's intentions. Of course, "he has to be stopped" does suggest a sort of malevolence to the plan.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Gavla wouldn't work, because the Makuta intended to hurt the universe, so she would never side with them, and shadow leeches probably don't work on GBs.

You don't know that. We don't know the full extent of what a GB can and can't do...But of it's not Gavla, I'd say a Voyatoran. Probably Velika or Kazi.

Indeed, until we know exactly what said plan is we can't be sure of the GB's intentions. Of course, "he has to be stopped" does suggest a sort of malevolence to the plan.

To Orde that is. Look at it like this. Say the Great beings motive is to hunt down and destroy every MU Inhabitant. To him the, plan is not malevolent. His machinery has done its purpose and now must be deactivated. To Orde, that is unforgivable and needs to be prevented at all cost. To the GB, he may see himself not as an evil being, but a creator who wishes to demolish his creation. _Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

Kapura could have used magical GB powers to prevent the mind wipe, and when at turaga meetings as translator he heard of metru-nui, he didn't need to start hiding it, he already was. Spooky.

I think you're mixing up characters. :P Kapura wasn't the translator; Matoro was. And Kapura has already been confirmed not to be the GB.

jlovfkk.jpg

Hmm... I've had a good long think...probably not a toa, as he's there for observation and toa are too big and loud, no dark hunter for the same reason...so a matoran or something else... not a skadi, as the only named ones were keeping the toa aweay from the MOL... KAZI! Of course! He was cold, sarcastic, didn't joke or mess, and only when absalutley nessisary, got involved (helping the toa). OF COURSE!Quad Erat Demonsro. :ahhh:

1315143172mMy page On mocpages.

GENERATION 927: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fikou.gif Jim, the fikou!

MOCists united!

I now think that the GB is one of the OoMN agents. I don't think it's one of the Voya-Nui Matoran. He may have been able to watch the MU before the Great Cataclysm, but how would he have observed the MU after the Great Cataclysm launched Voya Nui and all its occupants out of it? That doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I now think that the GB is one of the OoMN agents. I don't think it's one of the Voya-Nui Matoran. He may have been able to watch the MU before the Great Cataclysm, but how would he have observed the MU after the Great Cataclysm launched Voya Nui and all its occupants out of it? That doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion.

It's not like the GC was within his control; there's no way he could have made it off the island before it was launched into the "sky". And besides, if anything, Voya Nui is the perfect place to watch. The Ignika is still there, so obviously if there's going to be any headway into restoring the universe, that journey would have to pass through Voya Nui.

It's not like the GC was within his control; there's no way he could have made it off the island before it was launched into the "sky". And besides, if anything, Voya Nui is the perfect place to watch. The Ignika is still there, so obviously if there's going to be any headway into restoring the universe, that journey would have to pass through Voya Nui.
Good point. It just when I think of him 'observing,' I imagine him traveling around the MU, keeping an eye on the various locations. But I guess with the Ignika on Voya-Nui, that would be a good place to watch. I still think its a OoMN agent though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Helryx: NoBrutaka: He would have known Mata Nui's status and not lost faithAxonn: Plausible, but not as good of a choice as Velika, as he never createdBotar: DeadHydraxon: DeadBotar's replacement: Female, I thinkMazeka: Less plausible than AxonnKrakua: Second best choice. He was a little eccentric, after all, but never had the urge to create. Remember: Great beings love creating. So there are a few introduced charachters in the MU who create.Vakama: Already disprovenThe mask makers: Mind wipeNuparu: Mind wipeNynrah Ghosts: Never mentioned by nameVelika: ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY 100% POSITIVE IT'S HIM

Edited by Makuta Dralcax

aouROFb.png

I liked the theory that it is Kazi. He's definitely less suspicious than Velika, but very believable. If it was Velika, that would be awesome though. It would explain how he knew the energized protodermis would work on the antidermis-infected Matoran. It would also make sense that it was him due to him being able to safely get the EP into the zamor spheres. If he is the Great Being, He would have known to be extra cautious around it in the first place and he would have already had experience with experimenting on EP. -:t::l::h:

Velika definitely seems to be suspect number one. I only hope that the truth gets revealed soon, so that we can find out the plan. And are the GB and the killer related? I always sort of assumed they were, but some posts here have made me doubt.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

hmmm... i like the kazi and velika theories, because i always liked kazi and my brother always liked velika xD i dont think dume or krakua....but i think kazi is the best bet on what info we have now. i guess ill jst wait till the next serial :\

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

lol, about half the people on the first page if the topic are saying krakua is the GBread before you post

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I never understood why it couldn't be Kapura. If he's a great being, and realized what Teridax was doing, he probably could've altered his sphere (Or something similar to this) in a way that would allow him not to be affected by the mindwipe IMO.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

i think greg should change his mind about kapura. im sure the GBs made failsafe codes that kapura used to bypass the mind wipe

I still object to the mind swipe idea - there are numerous possibilities for a GREAT BEING to have bypassed or shielded himself from such a process. Kapura, if a GB, would have the intellect and possibly greater mental capabilities (Tren Krom retained his even when his mind was in Lewa's brain) and could have foreseen what was going to happen, devising some way to stop it. Perhaps a GB mind just cannot be altered by one of their creations, either by a failsafe or by the mere inability of their creations. How did their minds get swiped anyway? Was it Makuta using his own mental abilities? If so, we have seen how greater mental powers can protect from weaker ones. a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

I have a few wild guesses, but before I get to that, Velika seems like he might be a prime suspect. But he doesn't seem like that type of character - however, I would consider Kazi a pretty good suspect. But, let me get onto the guesses.Firedracax: Although this is a strange character, it came to me because he was a Ta-Matoran turned into a Dark Hunter, and is still alive and has relocated to Spherus Magna, so I don't see how he can be excluded. This is more of a guess than an actual character that could be a suspect. Either way, I don't see him being entirely excluded from the list of suspects.Orde: Although a Toa of Psionics, Orde is a male Toa and seems like an interesting character. Althoguh I don't seem him as a number-one choice, he could be the GB.Zaria: A good choice, but there are a few complications with this character and the above character. For one, they were sent on a mission to locate the Great Beings in the first place, so that might rule him and Orde out.Mazeka: A bit of a far-off suspect, but it is plausible. I can see him as the GB, but it is hard to actually prove that he is the GB.Umbra: Okay, this might sound strange, but it could be a good choice. I don't remember much about his backstory, so if there's anything there that might prove that he can't be the GB, then this choice is entirely impossible.Well, those are my guesses, but I'm not sure if all of them could be completely accurate. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I think it could be Orde for these reasons:1. Orde was created over 100,000 years ago by the Great Beings.2. Orde is male.3. All Toa of psisonics minds are shielded the Great being wouldn't want anyone getting into his head.4. Orde could be trying to throw the others off about him being the Great Being.and could be just using them.5. As a Toa of psisonics Orde could have planted knowledge of himself into Tahu's mind when he was selecting a team for the mission.

Edited by Brinx

I support the ones that say that Dume could be the GB and also Peach 00 who thinks Umbra is the man of the mistery ( he was the guardian of the Kanohi Ignika, so what a better way to supervise Matoran Universe safety? ), but we should first do a list of characters that are almost as old as Mata Nui. And also, how could Kabrua know about this GB if this GB, as already said, wasn't on Spherus Magna before than being inside Mata Nui robot?

4. Orde could be trying to throw the others off about him being the Great Being.and could be just using them.

Wasn't Orde the one who told them about the Great Being in the first place? Why inform others about it if he IS the Great Being? Edited by The Beninator

If the GB is in disguised, there is a possibility that he was a makuta and turned back before Trediax killed all of the makuta besides one. :DAlso I am sadden by that the GB is a guy. It would make sense if it was Roodaka since she pretty much got away with giving info to both sides for the BoM+DH war they had, but it would be kind of awkward having a female character we know and love(and loath for some) suddenly becoming a guy, ripping his disguise like any super hero you know, and having a troll face saying "Problem?". And before anyone says "they like creating though" again: he could have an urge to create dismay and decided to toy around with the creations the bad way. :evil:

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

A humble Po-Matoran worker from an island where chaos ruled and hope didn't exist, a Great Being?I don't want that.I have a feeling it's one of the Dark Hunters.EDIT: What about Sentrakh?EDIT 2: Devastator? From the wiki: "Devastator is very self-confident and pompous, describing himself as one of the most powerful beings in existence after the Great Spirit Mata Nui."And he appeared in The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Do not trust corrupted memories.

I have a feeling it's one of the Dark Hunters.EDIT: What about Sentrakh?

Nope. Sentrakh's memories were erased by the Shadowed One's experiment, and he is now considered undead.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Devastator isn't a named character, though, so it can't be him -- or any of the other solely codenamed Dark Hunters, either, for that matter.And to the Umbra theory -- Greg said at one point, iirc, that it wasn't a character who has been isolated for a long period of time, because that wouldn't give him an opportunity to observe the universe as he wanted to. So it's probably not him, either.Anyway, if anyone's interested, I wrote a blog entry a few months back that narrowed the list down quite a bit, at least according to how I was interpreting everything Greg had said. Some of the information is a bit outdated at this point, and the accuracy of this is obviously debatable, but it's here if anyone wants to read it.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Brutaka was my first choice but sadly he is in the great being's fortress. Nuju is my current guess, he has a very aloof and considered the people unwilling to translate his speech not worth his time. That elitist attitude is something I would expect from a great being. he also spends time studying the stars and the futures this desire to know about the universe is what the supposed great being came down to do.

That is all

I hope the Great Being isn't a Toa Metru/Hordika. They are an awesome team and I hope they are all who they appear to be. Besides, we've seen from each Toa Metru's viewpoint, and I thing the GB should be someone whom we haven't seen a viewpoint from, like Velika. Also, the GB wanted to observe, so I doubt he'd have a huge role. Also, the GB basically entered the Matoran Universe "illegally". Therefore he doesn't have a destiny given to him by Mata Nui. The Toa Metru were destined to save the Matoran and become Turaga, so I doubt the GB will be among them. I especially hope it isn't Nuju, because he's my favorite Toa Metru....

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

For those of you who think that the GB might be one of the Doomtoran (Voya Nui Matoran), how do you incorporate Karzhani's 'repairs' into your theory? I don't mean to be rude, but I'd like to see what you guys think.

I personally believe that if it is one of the Voya Nui Matoran, he/she (Remember that Mr. Farshtey doesn't want to ruin a strong female character. Now, admittedly, Dalu is quite strong, so we might be able to completely dismiss her as a candidate, but I don't think that that is the sense of the word that he meant. :P ) was sent to Karzahni because he/she wasn't laboring as much as he/she should have (maybe they were observing instead of working) or he/she sustained an injury (for this sake, let's assume that it's the former). Then, after he/she was "fixed" and was sent to the Southern Continent, he/she might try to hone in and learn as much about the region as he/she could instead of a learning less about a greater multitude of locations (like he/she likely did before he was sent to Karzahni). The fact that his/her own creations shipped (insane Turaga) and "repaired" (Karzahni) him/her might cause him/her to seek vengeance upon the Spherus Magnans (which I suppose the Matoran Universe denizens are now) and the planet itself.