Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

I was thinking about Darkness as well. He is physically powerful, which is something I'd go for if I were trapping myself in a massive, potentially hostile experimental environment. He is able to defeat the Shadowed One yet he doesn't, even though that's more or less the only mission TSO has given him. He spends his entire time observing and doesn't seem to care about much that's going on. And here's the kicker:

However, even when he does not travel with the Shadowed One, he still manages to watch him.

So he has a mysterious ability to watch TSO at all times. Who says he can't employ that to watch the entire MU?Also, Parugi, there's a reason codenames are called codenames: they're names as well. I think this criterion should be understood in the sense that it can't be that Skakdi with a mace from Destiny War, or a random Nynrah Ghost etc.
This gave me an idea. I don't think it's Darkness, but I just thought of something I don't think anyone's come up with yet:Shadow Stealer.I know it seems far fetched, but think about it. He's immensely powerful and he despised being a Dark Hunter. Even the Shadowed One feared him to some degree. Also, he used to be part of the Hand of Artakha, so he must have known a great deal about the function of the Universe. And then he just disappears for centuries? We still have no idea where he is, so it's entirely possible he's been plotting this whole time, maybe picking off potential threats along the way, and then snuck back to Spherus Magna to carry out his plan.

p

Well, there is no mention of Shadow Stealer in the "Name That GB" topic, so it cannot be him. :/

Well, that only means he wasn't guessed.

What about Krahka? She fits all the necessary criteria.•Created my Mata Nui•Seen and Named in story•Migrated•Alive•Appeared in story

Good point. She is a shapeshifter, after all, and we have never seen her- wait, the GB is male. REJECTED. Likely except for the gender. Edited by Chaos Makuta: Dralcax

aouROFb.png

I personally thought it was the Recorder of the Shadowed One.However, he might be too much of a minor charecter to be it.-SK

Never appeared in the story

I like the idea of it being Dume. I really do, and the more I think about it the more sense it makes.But in case it isn't Dume, my follow-up guess is...Hydraxon.I know what you're thinking: There's so much wrong with this theory. Hydraxon I died, and Hydraxon II was Dekar, who lost his memory. However, when I speak of Hydraxon, I mean BOTH Hydraxons. (Hydraxi? :P )Note that soon after the original Hydraxon died, a Matoran was turned into a carbon copy of the original...complete with memories. Hydraxon II has no memory of "dying" or of ever being Dekar, but he does have all the memories of the original. This kind of circumstance has never been seen before in the BIONICLE story, as far as I am aware of. So, if Hydraxon I was really a GB, wouldn't said GB have created some kind of "failsafe" in case he was killed during his observations in the MU? He just "resurrects" himself automatically into a new body and goes on observing like nothing had changed.But I still think it's Dume, Hydraxon is just a close second. Feel free to poke holes in my Hydraxon theory. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

Never migrated to spherus magns

Well, there is no mention of Shadow Stealer in the "Name That GB" topic, so it cannot be him. :/

It was a contest, so there had to be a winner. It was a "first one to guess right with good reasons for their pick" contest. If SS wasn't guessed, then it can't be him. :P

jlovfkk.jpg

Also, Parugi, there's a reason codenames are called codenames: they're names as well. I think this criterion should be understood in the sense that it can't be that Skakdi with a mace from Destiny War, or a random Nynrah Ghost etc.

Once again -- that entire entry was based off of my interpretation of the criteria and mine alone, so it's going to be prone to misjudgment, especially since at this point (as you'll see further down this point) it's outdated. Personally, I don't consider codenames to be actual names; you're free to think otherwise. :3If you want a better reason as to why I don't think he would be a Dark Hunter, here's one: It's for the same reason that the answer isn't the Shadowed One. The Dark Hunters, almost as a rule, are mercenaries who cause trouble; to do otherwise is essentially a crime within the organization punishable by death or torture, since I imagine every act of good would be on par to an act against orders -- we have yet to see Dark Hunters within the main universe work for good causes. If the Great Being wouldn't form or run an organization bent on causing trouble, why, then, would he assist it in doing so?The only answer I can think of would be to keep an eye on the group to make sure that it wasn't causing -too- much damage to the universe at the expense of doing a little bit himself, so I'll admit that Darkness (and possibly Phantom and the Recorder) is still a viable option through that. But can you honestly tell me that any other Dark Hunters make any sense as him knowing that he doesn't seem to approve of causing chaos?

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

It was a contest, so there had to be a winner. It was a "first one to guess right with good reasons for their pick" contest. If SS wasn't guessed, then it can't be him. :P
Yeah, but was there even a winner? I thought the forums went down before that was ever resolved.

p

I personally thought it was the Recorder of the Shadowed One. However, he might be too much of a minor charecter to be it. -SK

Never appeared in the story

I like the idea of it being Dume. I really do, and the more I think about it the more sense it makes. But in case it isn't Dume, my follow-up guess is...Hydraxon. I know what you're thinking: There's so much wrong with this theory. Hydraxon I died, and Hydraxon II was Dekar, who lost his memory. However, when I speak of Hydraxon, I mean BOTH Hydraxons. (Hydraxi? :P ) Note that soon after the original Hydraxon died, a Matoran was turned into a carbon copy of the original...complete with memories. Hydraxon II has no memory of "dying" or of ever being Dekar, but he does have all the memories of the original. This kind of circumstance has never been seen before in the BIONICLE story, as far as I am aware of. So, if Hydraxon I was really a GB, wouldn't said GB have created some kind of "failsafe" in case he was killed during his observations in the MU? He just "resurrects" himself automatically into a new body and goes on observing like nothing had changed. But I still think it's Dume, Hydraxon is just a close second. Feel free to poke holes in my Hydraxon theory. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

Never migrated to spherus magns
I'm 99.9% sure virtually everyone migrated to Spherus Magna. (Varian would be the .1% I'm not sure of)I also hope that he doesn't reveal it in the next chapter. Sure, it's been a mystery for a year, but I think he could stretch the mystery out a little longer, maybe give us a few more clues before revealing it. Going by Greg's sizzling steak analogy he used in a blog entry a while back, this story still needs to sizzle for a little longer. (*goes to check and make sure he got the analogy correct :P*)EDIT: Link to Sizzle and Steak Blog Entry for those who don't remember it so you don't have to dig it up. Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Okay, so, I'm not sure if anyone stated this (5 pages= tl;dr), but I have a hunch. Now, disprove me or shoot down my theory, but it is quite simple: My theory is that the Great Being is Umbra.WHY? You may ask. Simple. And that simple answer comes in the form of a quote. May I quote it? Yes. Yes I may.""It's not deep enough," said the smaller figure. "We can bury [the Ignika] deep, even provide Umbra as a protector for it. But can we be sure it is safe here?""We will do what we must," his parnet replied. "Mata Nui will one day face challenges we cannot even imagine, in places we can only dream of. If one of those challenges proves to be too great even for his power, this Mask of Life may be all that can save him.""All the more reason to guard-""The mask will make its own guardians, as it needs them. You know that. Be assured, the Mask of Life will never leave this chamber until the destined time.""-Bionicle Legends #5: InfernoOkay, so basically, one of the Great Beings said Umbra wouldn't be needed because the Mask would make its own guardians. And yet Umbra was still there, and he was willing to kill. Sooo...~Makuta'sdarkslave

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

I think I've managed a bit. I don't think it's The Powers That Be's mysterious murderer.Why?

1. a named character.

The very fact that we can only call him 'murderer' rules him out. I'm pretty sure that the murderer isn't Lesovikk, he isn't powerful enough to take down Tren Krom. This leaves him unnamed, and ruled out. And, under the rules of "The True Zedd of Ponypower", it can't be Velika, either. He had his mind wiped, AND he interfered a little bit.Now, let's dwindle this down a bit. Following all the indicators we have, Zedd (and I agree) gave us 3 likelihoods: Jerbraz, Johmak, and Trinuma.This is where we have a problem. See, the hidden GB was sent there to OBSERVE. Not to interfere. Last I checked, all of them have interfered. Jerbraz recruited Mazeka, Johmak turned the City of Legends into a fortress, and Trinuma repaired the place with the Staff of Artakha (among other major bits).So, I think it's about time I said who I thought it was.Keetongu.After all, all he ever really DID was fix wrongs: He countered Visorak poison, he tried to keep the Makuta from taking over (a little), and we don't know WHEN he was created, so we don't know if he was in the Time Slip. AND, it has been stated:

5. a character who could have been created by Mata Nui at some point rather than being one of the original ones the GBs made and its creation was pre-arranged

Maybe Mata Nui had the then-decent Makuta create Keetongu's species to create him. He fits the bill.

And, under the rules of "The True Zedd of Ponypower", it can't be Velika, either. He had his mind wiped, AND he interfered a little bit.

When did Velika get his mind wiped? Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

My candidates for Who is that GB might be: 1. One of the Toa Hagah..2. One of the Voya nui or mahri nui or karda nui matoran...3. Takadox!my personal favorite that he is Takadox because he disappeared from storyline in Federation of Fear. and he's whereabouts was unknown...and now he's back!

My candidates for Who is that GB might be: 1. One of the Toa Hagah..2. One of the Voya nui or mahri nui or karda nui matoran...3. Takadox!my personal favorite that he is Takadox because he disappeared from storyline in Federation of Fear. and he's whereabouts was unknown...and now he's back!

good point about takadox. hes been gone 2 years now. perfect time to strike back. but as a GB? no way. a gb wouldnt lead an army against his own creation.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

The problem with the mind wipe is that the GB would therefore forget he's a GB. The Time Slip did not wipe everyone's memories completely - just for a six month period. Therefore, people could still be eligible that were around during the Time Slip and not part of the Order.EDIT: Also, I feel that minimal intervention would be required or else he would look suspicious. If, for example, he was Velika and he interfered, it'd be more for self-preservation than anything else.

Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

good point about takadox. hes been gone 2 years now. perfect time to strike back. but as a GB? no way. a gb wouldnt lead an army against his own creation.
oh yeah...i forgot that point about Takadox....but that was good suggestion...hovewer Takadox might be just pretendet to lead his armies against universe....and that GB is comleptely insane judging on Orde's words. He's ready something horrible...and...

Well, I've come to the conclusion it's probably an OoMN member, specfically Mazeka or Krakua. Krakua has always been a mysterious character, and so has Mazeka. Keetongu is also a good choice suspect at this point, as he has been named.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

GregF was probably going to reveal the winner right after the character shows up in Chapter 4 of The Yesterday Quest.

Assuming The Yesterday Quest ever gets updated, which at this point I doubt.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Good point. She is a shapeshifter, after all, and we have never seen her- wait, the GB is male. REJECTED. Likely except for the gender.

That's not a problem. If it were, Greg would have rejected Helryx by saying 'The GB's male, Helryx is female', but he instead said he liked Helryx as a female character and didn't want to ruin that by revealing she was actually male, implying that he doesn't have a problem with revealing that other female characters are male.

Once again -- that entire entry was based off of my interpretation of the criteria and mine alone, so it's going to be prone to misjudgment, especially since at this point (as you'll see further down this point) it's outdated. Personally, I don't consider codenames to be actual names; you're free to think otherwise. :3

Yeah, I understand that we can disagree about this, but it actually doesn't matter what either of us thinks. It only matters whether Greg thinks codenames are names, and since we don't know that as of now there is still a possibility that he does. Therefore Darkness is still possible, even though he might be less likely.

If you want a better reason as to why I don't think he would be a Dark Hunter, here's one: It's for the same reason that the answer isn't the Shadowed One. The Dark Hunters, almost as a rule, are mercenaries who cause trouble; to do otherwise is essentially a crime within the organization punishable by death or torture, since I imagine every act of good would be on par to an act against orders -- we have yet to see Dark Hunters within the main universe work for good causes. If the Great Being wouldn't form or run an organization bent on causing trouble, why, then, would he assist it in doing so?The only answer I can think of would be to keep an eye on the group to make sure that it wasn't causing -too- much damage to the universe at the expense of doing a little bit himself, so I'll admit that Darkness (and possibly Phantom and the Recorder) is still a viable option through that. But can you honestly tell me that any other Dark Hunters make any sense as him knowing that he doesn't seem to approve of causing chaos?

I agree with you about regular Dark Hunters. Greg has ruled out TSO for causing chaos so by extension he has ruled out those who TSO gets to cause the chaos as well. But as you said, this doesn't apply to Darkness.

Darkness never appeared in the story

Yes he did.

Perched on the rafters above was Darkness, who watched over The Shadowed One, though not out of any desire to guard him. No, Darkness waited for a sign of weakness in the leader, to kill him so another could take his place.

A.o.

Darkness also appeared inLegacy of Evil.

GregF was probably going to reveal the winner right after the character shows up in Chapter 4 of The Yesterday Quest.

Assuming The Yesterday Quest ever gets updated, which at this point I doubt.
It will when GregF doesn't have to constantly watch over his daughter. :P

jlovfkk.jpg

I was actually lookinjg around biosector when i found another possible GB canditate: Minion the dark hunter. My reason behind this possibility is that minion first off has never spoken so and by that extent never revealed what he knows. He is also always with TSO because TSO wants him near hime if he ever decides to talk. So if he is always near the shadowed one he cannot really cause much chaos similar to darkness who TSO never sends on a mission. He also appeared in the Toa Nuva Blog so he has made a storyline appearance. That is my other possibilityMy current possibility list1. Darkness2. Minion3. Jerbraz

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I don't think that it would be some of dark hunters...but it's good point that it can be some of OoMN. Maybe Original Hydraxon (Tough i know he was deceased, but who knows?) maybe GB just imitated Hydraxon's death. Or it can be Tobduk.

I find it extremely unlikely that the original hydraxon was the GB. I support my conclusion that hydraxon was not the GB because several beings including Takadox, Nocturn and Pridak have said that they saw him killed during the great cataclysm or already dead. and another thing is that when the ignika transformed dekar into a hydraxon double the ignika also gave him the original hydraxons memories so if the original hydraxon was the GB would that not mean Dekar/Hydraxon also would think he was a GB. And somebody will probably say oh maybe the original hydraxon prevented dekar from gaining that knowledge well my answer to that is that if a great being can be affected by the ignika i really doubt that they would have any say on what the ignika does which would mean they could not prevent giving dekar the knowledge the original had which would include him being a GB.And second the original hydraxon would have a really hard time knowing what is going on in the MU since he was posted at the pit , and he was posted to that position right after he trained the Toa Mata which did not give him much time to observe and I highly doubt he had an informant outside of the pit.And with all that i do not think hydraxon was the GBwhew that was alot to write Edited by Chi Keeper Cho Voxumo-Chan

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I don't think that it would be some of dark hunters...but it's good point that it can be some of OoMN. Maybe Original Hydraxon (Tough i know he was deceased, but who knows?) maybe GB just imitated Hydraxon's death. Or it can be Tobduk.

I find it extremely unlikely that the original hydraxon was the GB. I support my conclusion that hydraxon was not the GB because several beings including Takadox, Nocturn and Pridak have said that they saw him killed during the great cataclysm or already dead. and another thing is that when the ignika transformed dekar into a hydraxon double the ignika also gave him the original hydraxons memories so if the original hydraxon was the GB would that not mean Dekar/Hydraxon also would think he was a GB. And somebody will probably say oh maybe the original hydraxon prevented dekar from gaining that knowledge well my answer to that is that if a great being can be affected by the ignika i really doubt that they would have any say on what the ignika does which would mean they could not prevent giving dekar the knowledge the original had which would include him being a GB.And second the original hydraxon would have a really hard time knowing what is going on in the MU since he was posted at the pit , and he was posted to that position right after he trained the Toa Mata which did not give him much time to observe and I highly doubt he had an informant outside of the pit.And with all that i do not think hydraxon was the GBwhew that was alot to write
))sure it was bro))But i meaned that MAYBE GB just imitated Hydraxon's death....oh well...i also think as posted here before that GB could be a Takadox....And though this is not belongs here let me guys just say it right now please:I THINK that mysterious killer from "powers that be" IS that GB from "Yesterday's Quest"and here's my arguments:1. He knows Toa Mata as well as GB knows how to turn off Toa's powers.2. He was (i SUPPOUSE) in MU as well as GB (how else he could know Tren Krom, Miserix, Vezon and all others?) And He killed Tren Krom. As i recallnone of the MU inhabitants dont have so much powers to kill him. That leaves that only GB could do that.3. Mysterious killer from "Powers that be" wants kill all powerfull beings and (again this is only my theory) claim the power in Spherus Magna.And judging on Orde's words GB has terrible plans for Spherus Magna also. I assume it's all connected.That's it. This is my theory guys)Don't take it so hard i can be mistaken as we all can...all :kakama:

I've been interested in the posts about Hydraxon. Dekar being transformed into Hydraxon WITH all memories, personality, etc as well as losing the memories and personality of Dekar is a very strange event. That is fundamentally changing everything about Dekar, his body, mind, and spirit (if bionicle character's have spirit). While its entirely possible and probable that the Mask of Life has the power to do this, it never did it before, not once. So, who says something different didn't happen?Suppose Hydraxon was the GB. The GB took his conciousness and placed inside the robotic body of Hydraxon. At the time of Hydraxon's 'death', The GB could've started a back-up plan - take his consciousness out of Hydraxon's body (which is now dead) and enter a new body created by the Mask of Life for him. The GB's conciousness could've replaced Dekar's, where Dekar's was either destroyed or stored somewhere else in the system.You might ask why it took so long for the Mask of Life to recreate his body. A reason for this could be that Hydraxon died in the great cataclysm, when voya nui broke off mata nui and rose to the surface of aqua magna, taking the mask of life away from the GB. So, the GB could not activate the mask to make his replacement body, because he wasn't close enough. He could've have put his consciousness in storage (similar to before hydraxon was created, if mata nui made him, I'm not sure if he did though...) and wait until the mask was close enough. which, happened after the toa inika took it from Vezon. Dekar happened to grab it, so he was the one sacrificied for the GB's sake.Thoughts?

Toa Nedurno

I've been interested in the posts about Hydraxon. Dekar being transformed into Hydraxon WITH all memories, personality, etc as well as losing the memories and personality of Dekar is a very strange event. That is fundamentally changing everything about Dekar, his body, mind, and spirit (if bionicle character's have spirit). While its entirely possible and probable that the Mask of Life has the power to do this, it never did it before, not once. So, who says something different didn't happen?Suppose Hydraxon was the GB. The GB took his conciousness and placed inside the robotic body of Hydraxon. At the time of Hydraxon's 'death', The GB could've started a back-up plan - take his consciousness out of Hydraxon's body (which is now dead) and enter a new body created by the Mask of Life for him. The GB's conciousness could've replaced Dekar's, where Dekar's was either destroyed or stored somewhere else in the system.You might ask why it took so long for the Mask of Life to recreate his body. A reason for this could be that Hydraxon died in the great cataclysm, when voya nui broke off mata nui and rose to the surface of aqua magna, taking the mask of life away from the GB. So, the GB could not activate the mask to make his replacement body, because he wasn't close enough. He could've have put his consciousness in storage (similar to before hydraxon was created, if mata nui made him, I'm not sure if he did though...) and wait until the mask was close enough. which, happened after the toa inika took it from Vezon. Dekar happened to grab it, so he was the one sacrificied for the GB's sake.Thoughts?

That can be point.GB seems to be very cruel about his own creations.

Remember, now, they WERE only supposed to be maintenance units. Disposable, non-sentient objects to uphold the GSR (Great Spirit Robot) functions. Why should he have cared?

Remember, now, they WERE only supposed to be maintenance units. Disposable, non-sentient objects to uphold the GSR (Great Spirit Robot) functions. Why should he have cared?
that is a very good point they were only maintenance units but he also needed them to keep mata-nui running, so i think he may have some leniency when it come to the matoran.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I have to say Dume, as he was in the most prominent position for watching the MU.I do also have this to say about the mysterious killer, Angonce was near to here it was kept for 100,000 years. He runs to check on it when he notices that Spherus Magna is once again whole. A hole was broken through very thick protodermis. If any GB was in the MU for the Marender to have been then, it would be Angonce. The Marender was design to wipe out all inhabitants of the MU to keep the same thing from happening to the rest of them as what happened to the Makuta, which was turning evil. The Marender is not, and can NOT be the GB for the fact that Angonce was near by to stop it from harming the MU inhabitants.Here is what The Yesterday Quest says:In another place...Angonce, one of the Great Beings, had fought down his fear. It would do no good to panic at this stage. He had to be calm and go through the situation point by point. Maybe then he would find an answer.When the Great Beings created the Mata Nui robot, their plan was a simple one. Mata Nui would return when the time was right, heal the shattered remains of Spherus Magna, and then power down. Neither it, nor the beings inside who kept it running, would be needed anymore. Some Great Beings wanted to keep a few intact to study; others felt the materials could be better used in other projects. No one advocated letting Toa, Matoran, etc. run free on Spherus Magna. They weren't independent beings with a right to life and liberty, after all. They were tools to be used to keep the Mata Nui robot functioning... weren't they?Things had not gone quite as planned. There had evidently been glitches in the AI of Mata Nui, Makuta, and the Great Beings' other creations. Instead of a simple repairing of the planet, there had been a robot war and the bizarre sight of nanotech creations nobly sacrificing themselves in battle and, in many cases, dying to save others. That was not the behavior of bio-mechanical servitors. That was an actual, new species fighting and dying for its freedom.Ordinarily, this would have been a cause for celebration. But at the same time that the Great Beings had failed to predict the future, they had also planned a little too well.During the Core War, the Great Beings had unleashed a “doomsday weapon” that came to be called "baterra." Their role was to end the war by force by eliminating any armed combatant they encountered. Once it became inevitable that the Shattering would happen, the Great Beings tried to use their failsafe to shut the baterra down. It failed, and the baterra remained active to this day.That failure made them think about how much power each Toa would have. If something went wrong upon Mata Nui's return, and the Toa were unleashed, the Agori would stand no chance against them. Suppose the Toa went bad? Suppose they wanted to conquer this new world? If so, then once again Spherus Magna would be in mortal danger as a result of the Great Beings' actions. That could not be allowed to happen.They had little time, but they put it to good use, designing and building a new creation. It existed for one purpose, and one alone: to destroy Toa. The Great Beings believed no single Toa, or team of Toa, could hope to stand against it. It was christened Marendar, an Agori word meaning "salvation," and placed in a vault.Angonce knew the abrupt appearance of so many Toa on Spherus Magna might well activate Marendar. He hurried to the vault, but too late – the living weapon had already smashed its way through three feet of metallic protodermis and was gone. It would carry out its programming and kill any and every Toa on the planet.They think they have found a new world, the Great Being said to himself. How could they know nothing waits here for them... but death?So, for this very reason, it is not the mysterious killer known as the Marender.PS, does anyone know how to remove the hyperlinks?

Edited by Friend of Fire

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

I have to say Dume, as he was in the most prominent position for watching the MU.I do also have this to say about the mysterious killer, Angonce was near to here it was kept for 100,000 years. He runs to check on it when he notices that Spherus Magna is once again whole. A hole was broken through very thick protodermis. If any GB was in the MU for the Marender to have been then, it would be Angonce. The Marender was design to wipe out all inhabitants of the MU to keep the same thing from happening to the rest of them as what happened to the Makuta, which was turning evil. The Marender is not, and can NOT be the GB for the fact that Angonce was near by to stop it from harming the MU inhabitants.Here is what The Yesterday Quest says:In another place...Angonce, one of the Great Beings, had fought down his fear. It would do no good to panic at this stage. He had to be calm and go through the situation point by point. Maybe then he would find an answer.When the Great Beings created the Mata Nui robot, their plan was a simple one. Mata Nui would return when the time was right, heal the shattered remains of Spherus Magna, and then power down. Neither it, nor the beings inside who kept it running, would be needed anymore. Some Great Beings wanted to keep a few intact to study; others felt the materials could be better used in other projects. No one advocated letting Toa, Matoran, etc. run free on Spherus Magna. They weren't independent beings with a right to life and liberty, after all. They were tools to be used to keep the Mata Nui robot functioning... weren't they?Things had not gone quite as planned. There had evidently been glitches in the AI of Mata Nui, Makuta, and the Great Beings' other creations. Instead of a simple repairing of the planet, there had been a robot war and the bizarre sight of nanotech creations nobly sacrificing themselves in battle and, in many cases, dying to save others. That was not the behavior of bio-mechanical servitors. That was an actual, new species fighting and dying for its freedom.Ordinarily, this would have been a cause for celebration. But at the same time that the Great Beings had failed to predict the future, they had also planned a little too well.During the Core War, the Great Beings had unleashed a “doomsday weapon” that came to be called "baterra." Their role was to end the war by force by eliminating any armed combatant they encountered. Once it became inevitable that the Shattering would happen, the Great Beings tried to use their failsafe to shut the baterra down. It failed, and the baterra remained active to this day.That failure made them think about how much power each Toa would have. If something went wrong upon Mata Nui's return, and the Toa were unleashed, the Agori would stand no chance against them. Suppose the Toa went bad? Suppose they wanted to conquer this new world? If so, then once again Spherus Magna would be in mortal danger as a result of the Great Beings' actions. That could not be allowed to happen.They had little time, but they put it to good use, designing and building a new creation. It existed for one purpose, and one alone: to destroy Toa. The Great Beings believed no single Toa, or team of Toa, could hope to stand against it. It was christened Marendar, an Agori word meaning "salvation," and placed in a vault.Angonce knew the abrupt appearance of so many Toa on Spherus Magna might well activate Marendar. He hurried to the vault, but too late – the living weapon had already smashed its way through three feet of metallic protodermis and was gone. It would carry out its programming and kill any and every Toa on the planet.They think they have found a new world, the Great Being said to himself. How could they know nothing waits here for them... but death?So, for this very reason, it is not the mysterious killer known as the Marender.PS, does anyone know how to remove the hyperlinks?

Click inside the linked word, and click the small button of a chain snapping.Also, Marendar isn't the killer. Marendar is designed to kill Toa. The only people that have been killed so far are Karzahni and Tren Krom. Neither of them are anywhere NEAR being a Toa.Back on topic, Dume would be believable.

Click inside the linked word, and click the small button of a chain snapping.Also, Marendar isn't the killer. Marendar is designed to kill Toa. The only people that have been killed so far are Karzahni and Tren Krom. Neither of them are anywhere NEAR being a Toa.Back on topic, Dume would be believable.
why would it be dume especially considering he was put into a matoran sphere. Why would the Great Being allow teridax to put him in an object that was also meant to cause a matoran put into one to lose all memory hint teridax plan to be a false idol since no matoran would remember. I don't think dume would be the great being.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

why would it be dume especially considering he was put into a matoran sphere. Why would the Great Being allow teridax to put him in an object that was also meant to cause a matoran put into one to lose all memory hint teridax plan to be a false idol since no matoran would remember. I don't think dume would be the great being.
Ezactly. Matoran spheres must wipe out all memories but Dume still remembered who he was even after releasing from matoran sphere. So he also can be GB

Has anyone considered that it may be Mazeka?

yesseveral people have considered him. i'm on the opposite side i don't think mazeka is the great being because there have been many times when he could have died and that would complicate the great beings plans. and also he is very emotional about vultaz killing his mentor where i think a great being would only see the matoran gears and screws in their machine and would not waste the time to become friends or any type of emotional attachment. so ya i don;t think mazeka is the great being.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Ezactly. Matoran spheres must wipe out all memories but Dume still remembered who he was even after releasing from matoran sphere. So he also can be GB
I believe that only prolonged exposure wipes memories from beings in Matoran Spheres. That's why Teridax wanted the Vahi: he would slow down time for himself so that he wouldn't have to wait as long for their memories to be erased (he didn't expect the Toa Metru to be as large of a problem as they were). However, it might be the other way around with Teridax speeding up time for the Matoran -- I'm pretty sure that it was the first one, though.I don't believe that it has ever been revealed how long Dume was encapsulated. Presumably, Teridax went to Vakama to ask him to craft the Vahi as soon as he was encapsulated, which probably he was encapsulated for around several weeks (we don't know how it takes to craft a Kanohi, presumably not too too long). Edited by Infrared