Hey guys, I made this review of my Solid 14K Gold Kanohi Hau, I figured we have only really seen pictures of the mask, and there weren't many pictures anyway, so I went over the mask in detail as best as I could. Hopefully you guys can enjoy this review of a great piece of Bionicle History.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3Iocw2VfA&feature=youtu.be

1450742_622589041116027_1097713149_n.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Please check out my trade topic, I'm trying to raise enough money for the Platinum Avohkii, so if you want any of my rare items, please feel free to message me or contact me via my trade topic:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11067&do=findComment&comment=597005

Thanks

MC

Edited by Mask collector

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Its was kelly's from the bzp admins, then phillip wise's. He lost it in his ware house and found it recently, I contacted him first months ago and he said I had first dibs. So we worked out a number and now it is mine!

Thanks!

Mc

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Yes, the Mask weighs 9 times the original weight of the plastic masks and can hold up just fine.

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

It was created by lego, it came in that case and was a promotional give away they did clear back in 2002 if I'm not mistaken. Also there is a total of 32 in the world, but only 5 were ever given away to the public, lego kept the rest for themselves, who knows if they had the necklace and case though.

Mc

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Let just say, if I sold it for $4000 like I'm considering. Then I would only make a little off of it.

Mc

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Kelly got that mask as a prize for a Bionicle web site design competition, he placed first for the age group he entered in.

>_< Ouch. Philip was getting ready to sell it to me, and when I had the money ready, he found out it was misplaced. He said I had the first shot at it too, and even replied to a latter email saying I'd be the first to know when he found it. Judging by the similarities in our stories, he must have gotten the two of us confused, even though I've been working for him for more than five years now :_:. If you sell it, keep me in mind, don't know if I can budget 4K but Ill see how things work out.

I'd say keep it though, not only is it a 14k Hau, but the fact that it was Kelly's, that he won it for a a web design contest years ago and now works for The LEGO Company as a (I forget what the exact tittle is) web designer, adds a sort of twist and historical value to it, which I cant say for any other 14 K Hau I know of. Plus you came very close to not getting it it in the first place, all Philip had to do was send me an email, I think it was meant for you : )

Well, i had contacted Philip about it months ago, and he said I'd be the first to know, but nonetheless, I'm more then likely keeping it. I was only considering selling it for the money benefits for the Platinum Avohkii. It would be helpful to have an Extra $4000 right about now! LOL but i shall keep it for the time being, but i really hope i never have to get rid of it.

MC

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

The video was blocked due to copyright ground.

Strange, It plays just fine for me. Maybe because of the music, are you from another country? I uploaded this from Utah in America.

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

It was created by lego, it came in that case and was a promotional give away they did clear back in 2002 if I'm not mistaken. Also there is a total of 32 in the world, but only 5 were ever given away to the public, lego kept the rest for themselves, who knows if they had the necklace and case though.

Mc

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Interesting that they only gave away 4, I wonder if they'll ever do anything with them.

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero." -Toa Kopaka

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, well here in about a months time I should be getting the one and only Platinum Avohkii. So I will also do a review of that mask for the people to enjoy. I have plans for the future that will keep bionicle alive in the hearts of fans just like us.

More coming soon

Mc

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

• 1 year later...

I miss my mask. :( But I'm glad it's in the hands of a BZP member who can appreciate it.

were you the previous owner?

Yeah, I was the original winner. I held onto it for several years, but had to sell it for financial reasons.

creepcrushers_sig.png

Buy a Hero. Crush some Creeps. January 2011.

Yeah, I was the original winner. I held onto it for several years, but had to sell it for financial reasons.

I knew you had one, but I didn't know it ended up with Mask Collector. Cool to know the history of that piece!

Also epic topic revival is epic, but I mean it's Kelly, so... :P

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

At first I mistook this to be a video of the new golden Hau, but I think the original is even better considering the new design is a bit.. uhm.. not as good in my opinion.

This is seriously amazing, it must be an amazing addition to your collection!

Onua.png

This sig isn't 100% correct, because I talk way too much.

I miss my mask. :( But I'm glad it's in the hands of a BZP member who can appreciate it.

were you the previous owner?

Must be sad to see it go. :( Still, at least someone else here on BZP is able to enjoy it! Sort of like seeing your kid get married off and visiting on holidays. XD

Gali.png

Yeah they are quick to lock my month old revived thread, but I guess they have their favorites...

The thread was revived by none other than Binkmeister, one of BZP's founders, who actually had some valuable perspectives to contribute (y'know, as the mask's original owner and all). If there's ever a justifiable topic revival, it's this one right here.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah they are quick to lock my month old revived thread, but I guess they have their favorites...

The thread was revived by none other than Binkmeister, one of BZP's founders, who actually had some valuable perspectives to contribute (y'know, as the mask's original owner and all). If there's ever a justifiable topic revival, it's this one right here.

No no, that's just [...] favoritism.

In other words, sorry the rest of us don't have a gold mask. Now let's be fair.

Bzpower founders need to play by their own rules, I really don't care who or why but you made these rules now follow 'em.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

No no, that's just [...] favoritism.

In other words, sorry the rest of us don't have a gold mask. Now let's be fair.

Bzpower founders need to play by their own rules, I really don't care who or why but you made these rules now follow 'em.

While it is true that this is a revived thread and should probably be locked (though if the staff deem otherwise then that's fine), you need to stop getting so butthurt over this sort of stuff. It is literally nothing to get mad about and acting like this will only get you in more trouble.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 3

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Guys, please stop. Call it what you want, but when you've helped pay the BZP bills for over a decade, you get certain prerogatives.

Great, nice when you admit that money drives your decisions...

I guess I'm not worthy enough for this site because I didn't give you any money. Wow. I love the favoritism. Nice administration.

• Upvote 1

if i may say something back on topic, (and i know its not a new mask or anything but)

that is really really pretty, i always forget both how smooth the 2001 kanohi hau was, and howe brilliant gold as a metal really is.

really, it gives a sense of how absolutely magnificent Lhikan's Kanophi hau was. and by extension, Jaller's too.

(and as captain of the guard, i'd say looking that fantastic is a must.)

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png