What's your favorite Launcher?

Pupwa21

Kanoka disk launchers what what??

They were fun and classic collectibles, and since disks had been around since the time of the McToran, they had this old nostalgic Bionicle feel.

Second and third favorite launchers are the Cordak blasters and squid launchers respectively. Cordaks because they were like tiny nerf guns and I love miniatures, and squid launchers because I always thought they were really funny.

I lost a Rhoutuka spinner to the void behind our fridge once so I'm going to have to pass on that. :P

• Upvote 1
WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

I'm voting the Midak, and then the Zamors. Midak, because of just how COOL it looks, and the range (One day at school, we were allowed to bring one toy in for the day. I took Phantoka Lewa, with a fully loaded skyblaster. My friend dared me to shoot it and see how far the ammo would go. It went all the way across the room.), and the Zamor because it's just so easy to incorporate into vehicles. Just look at the Swamp Strider and the Rockoh.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

• 3 weeks later...

Probably doesn't count as a launcher as such, but the 2001 Matoran were great at disc throwing. They were accurate and had good distance. I also really like the Midak Skyblasters, since they can hold 4 zamor spheres, and they look good - However sometimes the trigger could be a bit stiff and thus hard to use. The worst would probably have to be the squid launchers. I've never had one myself, but I've heard some bad things about them.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I liked the Matoran arms and the exo-toa rocket. With the exeption of Takadox and Nocturn, I didn't have any sets after 2004, so I can't comment on their launchers.

I still don't know how to make the squid launcher work properly.

Edited by N.S.M.8

The Midak Skyblasters where way too heavy for the sets, and so were the Corda blasters. I think I like the rohtuka spinners the best, because they worked really well and the effect was much more interesting than shooting something in a straight line. I didn't use them often though, because they would always get lost somewhere.

The matoran disk lauchers had something amiable about them. Idk why.

banner1.png

Zamor, They actually do pretty well, plus I was able to use those on my lego NXT when I was into that! :D

Computer Science Major and Linux user :(){:|:&};:

there are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

The nice thing about UDP jokes is I don't care if you get them or not.

Zamor. They generally went where you aimed them at (unlike the rhotuka), they were small and light enough for most sets (unlike the midak), they had substantial distance to them (unlike the nynrah and some particularly bad disk launchers), and they never misfired (unlike the Cordak). My only complaint was that you can't hold them upside down; the thornax launcher solves this due to there being no upside fown, but with the Zanor, you could attach several clips to it to effectively make it an artillery cannon while the thronax is adamantly single shot.

rhotukas disk throws on matorans arm or midak.

least favourite where the marhi ones. they looked cool but they couldent shoot more then a cm

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

The Cordak blasters were pretty cool, since they had inner workings. But still, for the sheer fun of shooting, it's the Rhotuka.

Honorable Mention: those shadow-leech-balls on the Makuta Phantoka. Always fun to do a dive-bomb attack, plus they look really cool inside the Makuta.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

For appearance, Midak Syblasters. However, to fire, I would choose Rhotukas, because who doesn't love spinning flying disks?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I can only judge from my own hands-on experience, but I have to say the Rhotuka launchers are up there, tied with the original Matoran arms. The arms had the best accuracy to complexity of use ratio IMO. Rhotuka was easier to use, but it was difficult to get it where you wanted to go. Despite that, there's very little negative things I can say about those little spinners. 

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite partial to the Kanoka Launchers, although the Zamor Launchers are surely my favorite design wise.

If I had to choose, I'd probably choose Kanoka because something about the look of Vakama's Firey-jetpack-disk-launcher just hit all the right things to make me like it

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

In terms of functionality, this is how I'd rank them (From most to least): 

1. Kanoka Disk launcher: It's the perfect blend of range and accuracy!

2. Midak Sky blaster: It was quite heavy for poor Lewa nuva and he would always fall down while Pohatu laughed at him

3. Zamor Sphere launcher: The inika magazine didn't work well, the top ball would fall out if you aimed it but at least it had good range. 

4. Rhotuka Launcher: It was freaking amazing to pull the cord and watch it whiz around the house but... I lost one rhotuka to the roof. I think it's still there. 

5. Thornax Launcher: The jaws looked bad but it served its purpose and I like that the ammo is rubber so it doesn't hurt to get hit in the eye compared to the plastic zamors.

6. Cordak Blaster: I liked the gatling gun design but I never liked how the ball joint could easily break or the one centimetre range. 

7. Squid Launcher: This was an idea that should NOT have made the final cut. The ammo could not be launched without knocking the model over or dropping it. 

8. Kohlii Stick: I bought the 2003 Macku set and I remember seeing Macku throw her puck by twisting her gear on the box. I built her as soon as I got home and when I twisted the gear, the puck just fell down without moving a single millimetre. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.