The Acolyte of Ak'rei'an, 2014

They

Lady Kriigata, toa of iron and acolyte in the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an in the BZPRPG. This was a sketch to show her 2014 appearance, since her armor often changes as her life develops. Heavily influenced by both Evil Accret on Deviant Art and Vezok's Friend right here on BZP (copying is the greatest form of flattery), I picked up the pencil and sketched.

371px-Kriigata_2014%2C_Pencil-1.jpg

(Click image for larger version.)

As always, C&C appreciated!

Edited by Kughii

Hmm.. i have to say that is rather impressive... Her armor almost seems more like a body suit.. Tron came to mind when i first looked at it. But this is really good. I especially like the back leg armor with the ridges and that scythe.. looks plain old dangerous

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Excellent work. At first glance, you wouldn't think she's a zealous religious fanatic. :P

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Thanks Voxumo, I had a lot of fun designing the leg pieces. They're based off of rahkshi sets, to be honest, but I wanted to give sort of an exhaust vent feel to her armour since she used to wear a kakama. Again the bodysuit feel was undoubtedly the kakama plus she's supposed to be skinny in the game. The scythe is what she's using in ko-wahi right now. :3

Of course House, because Kriigata is totally the girl to come knocking for an hour of your time to "talk" to you of Ak'rei'an's glory. :P

Ah yeah i can see the exhaust vent feel.. really caught it well.. but as i said this is truly an amazing picture..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 4 months later...

So, it's been a while but since I've slowly been working my digital art skills I thought I'd give Kriigata another shot, this time in her full vestments for the Brotherhood as a Lady Of The Order. Maybe I'll do some action poses in the near future at the same level of detail. Oh, for those DND nuts out there, the writing I used for "skakdi" is draconic and it spells, "strength."

255px-Lady_Kriigata%2C_Acolyte_of_Ak%27r

(Click image for full resolution.)

As always I'd love C&C! Also, this is kind of the quality I hope to use on all the future RPG character illustrations. This took about four hours in a single sitting, but that's probably because I spent almost an hour just getting the darn spine right. XD ~Kughii

• Upvote 2

This is nice.

Boobs an butt pose though.

• Upvote 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I understand the initial reaction to call it a boobs and butt pose but I was actually wanting to get the details of the embroidery while still showing a 3/4 view and it just ended up this way. XD Granted, it is one technically, but please note I wasn't intending it to be derogatory. Thanks for the compliment! :)

Edited by Kughii

I understand the initial reaction to call it a boobs and butt pose but I was actually wanting to get the details of the embroidery while still showing a 3/4 view and it just ended up this way. XD Granted, it is one technically, but please note I wasn't intending it to be derogatory. Thanks for the compliment! :)

Yeah, after I look at it more there's a lot more focus on the clothing. And very pretty clothing it is. ^^

• Upvote 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

The clothing really does sport a good level of detail, and I also like the rune-like etches on her mask, goes well with the rest.

It looks like a Volitak, but just a touch more feminine, which is appropriate.

One thing I'm not too crazy about, though, is her left hand, it looks a little botched up. I can't find much else wrong with it though aside from the pose I guess, but that's already been covered.

It's an impressive work, Kughii, keep it up.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Hoo hoo I really like her! Is that a mask of stealth? Uncommon. Very uncommon. It's always great to see uncommon masks be used.

You should probably rethink her choice of equipment. She can easily be mistaken for a female Nihdiki on b/w sketches. Looking at your coloured version though with her robes, that negates the thought. I wouldn't call it a boobs n butt pose, that's clearly her showing off her clothing and really shouldn't be viewed as otherwise. And this is coming from a guy whose seen LOTS of B n B poses.

As others said, her hand seems out of perspective and off, But I understand how tough it is to deal with arms in perspective, keep at it and you'll get the hang of em.

I also love the detailing you put in her outfit, I envy that kind of patience when dealing with cloth. Seems to be a thing around here, adding clothes instead of the usual armoured toa you see around here. I don't really support the idea of full on clothing for bionicle under certain circumstances but this is a nice medium. It works for this particular character.

Keep up the good work (and I know this will sound embarrassing, but be weary of how the breastplate connects and how it functions. You'll know what I mean.) I hope to see more from you in future drawings. Also, thank you for following the The First Toa Project, it's very appreciated.

• Upvote 1