Vanus, the Fusion Toa

Astris Janus

So, this is one of my original characters. Specifically one of the main characters of my Expanded Multiverse epic, Dual Sides.

Anyway, I present:

Vanus, the Fusion Toa

C&C much appreciated ^_^

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

While i admit it is a rather interesting piece.. The way you caught the eyes are rather well and i feel you caught the armor quite well.

Also Is that suppose to be a fusion of a Huna and a Hau? If so very well done.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Thanks man :D

Lot's of reference to Toa Metru shots for the armour really helped :P

And yes that is a Hau-Huna fusion (Hauna? :P). The two characters that make up Vanus wear a Hau and a Huna respectively so this is the result :D

Astris Janus

Edited by Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

Thanks man :D

Lot's of reference to Toa Metru shots for the armour really helped :P

And yes that is a Hau-Huna fusion (Hauna? :P). The two characters that make up Vanus wear a Hau and a Huna respectively so this is the result :D

Astris Janus

*nods*

Makes sense. At first i thought it was suppose to be a fusion of Vakama and Lhikan.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The art style is fantastic, and in a way reminds me of LoMN. The armour is recogniseable as Metru armour (or at least heavily influenced), the colours are balanced... but what really keeps fascinating me is the face. Both style and expression make it appear quite lively, it has that ...spark of life (for the lack of a better way of putting it). So yeah, like it a lot.

The lineart could be abit cleaner, but it seems like you took a scan of a pencil drawing and darkened the lines, so for that it's actually quite nice. =D

Love it, and it's nice to see some of your art! =)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I enjoyed the picture very much. The date of illustration was mildly disconcerting however. :P

Hey hey heeyy... I'm from Australia :P Down here we do dates Day/Month/Year, so this was completed 5th of January, 2014 :P

The art style is fantastic, and in a way reminds me of LoMN. The armour is recogniseable as Metru armour (or at least heavily influenced), the colours are balanced... but what really keeps fascinating me is the face. Both style and expression make it appear quite lively, it has that ...spark of life (for the lack of a better way of putting it). So yeah, like it a lot.

The lineart could be abit cleaner, but it seems like you took a scan of a pencil drawing and darkened the lines, so for that it's actually quite nice. =D

Love it, and it's nice to see some of your art! =)

It's been a while since I've posted any art, but it's good to be back ^_^ Hopefully I'll end up doing more Bionicle art as I go through my project for this year :D

And I've finally got my Bionicle drawing style down! XD Could use some refinement but it's getting there :P

I was always planing on going with a Toa Metru look for Vanus (the matoran who become him were from Metru Nui originally so it seemed natural), and I was heavily influenced by the LoMN style as well as trying to keep with set accuracy (partially because of Legend Reborn :P ).

I'm extremely glad that he appears to have that "spark of life". It's something I strive to achieve in all the the things I draw ^_^

And you're very close, I inked it with a fine point marker before scanning :P I need to work on my inking, make it a bit smoother, but this one was going to be rough anyway (was running out of time).

Thanks for the comments :D Glad to see people taking an interest ^_^

Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

This artwork is pretty appealing, especially the way you blended the colors with one another, thus giving the values and a texture on the mask. Even if the lineart is rough, I still like that kind of style because it gives that spray paint graffiti look to it.

I also see you are trying to do a 3/4 body view for your artwork, which the proportions seem slightly off because you can see the chest armor kind of facing almost towards us while the rest of the body is doing the 3/4 view. It's okay, just gotta practice that a little more and you will get it! Plus drawing a view like that while the figure is kind of leaning can be hard.

Overall, you did a splendid job! Can't wait to see more works from you! :D

-Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

This artwork is pretty appealing, especially the way you blended the colors with one another, thus giving the values and a texture on the mask. Even if the lineart is rough, I still like that kind of style because it gives that spray paint graffiti look to it.

I also see you are trying to do a 3/4 body view for your artwork, which the proportions seem slightly off because you can see the chest armor kind of facing almost towards us while the rest of the body is doing the 3/4 view. It's okay, just gotta practice that a little more and you will get it! Plus drawing a view like that while the figure is kind of leaning can be hard.

Overall, you did a splendid job! Can't wait to see more works from you! :D

-Lehvorak

Thanks man! :D

Yeah, the 3/4 body view is much easier to do on a normal person, not so much on a Bionicle :P I'll definitely be practising some more with drawing Bionicle-based figures. ^_^

I'm working on ideas for future illustrations at the moment actually, but I might save it for another day. Gotta do some reworking on my Humanised Toa too :P

Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous