Humanised Gali, Toa of Water

Astris Janus

Well, here she is:

Gali, Toa of Water

Was mostly happy with how this turned out. First time drawing water, which was interesting and aggravating at times :P Just so you know, her armour is over her normal clothing... which is on top of a black body suit that comes out when her armour is activated... yeah, should have just gone with the body suit :P

Anyway, C&C much appreciated ^_^

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

Hm, the biggest thing that sticks out to me are the khaki pants. It feels off-base when the rest of the body is armored, so maybe place a couple of protective plates on the pants? Using the black shoulder clips for shoulder pads was a smart idea. She does feel a little stiff, but then again so does a lot of the art drawn for Bionicle characters. Good work!

The "armor over casual clothes" look is a bit odd, I think. The khaki pants are what really stands out as awkward. Perhaps if they were navy blue or dark blue denim they'd match the color scheme better and wouldn't look so out-of-place.

Her facial expression is nice, and she has a very feminine physique. The armor looks nice though her chest looks a little awkwardly high up for how full it is. Her lower legs also look a bit awkwardly column-like... I feel like they should be slightly narrower towards the ankles.

The pose is a bit static-looking, but I think the epic water effects more than make up for it. Great colors and shading. I'd love to see a whole series of Toa Mata drawings like this!

Hm, the biggest thing that sticks out to me are the khaki pants. It feels off-base when the rest of the body is armored, so maybe place a couple of protective plates on the pants? Using the black shoulder clips for shoulder pads was a smart idea. She does feel a little stiff, but then again so does a lot of the art drawn for Bionicle characters. Good work!

Yeah, I regretted the casual clothes as soon as they were done. Next time just going with the body suit.

I wasn't entirely happy with the pose either, but I couldn't seem to pull off a better one at the time :closedeyes: Might draw her again sometime and fix that. :)

The "armor over casual clothes" look is a bit odd, I think. The khaki pants are what really stands out as awkward. Perhaps if they were navy blue or dark blue denim they'd match the color scheme better and wouldn't look so out-of-place.

Her facial expression is nice, and she has a very feminine physique. The armor looks nice though her chest looks a little awkwardly high up for how full it is. Her lower legs also look a bit awkwardly column-like... I feel like they should be slightly narrower towards the ankles.

The pose is a bit static-looking, but I think the epic water effects more than make up for it. Great colors and shading. I'd love to see a whole series of Toa Mata drawings like this!

When its just the casual clothes, the khakis look soo much better cause they provide more contrast to the pic. But yeah, here they're odd.

I was a tad under the pump when drawing this (working under self imposed deadlines) so I get what you mean about the legs and the chest piece. I think by the time I was done with them I was too focused on getting the water right to worry about it again.

Funny you should say you'd like a series... :P I asked some friends which element I should do first, and the first reply was water, the next was ice. So expect that one soon :D

Thanks for all the comments ^_^

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous