Signature Regulations

Grandmaster Lehvorak

Hey there people/staff of BZP,

It has been a while since I have been here on BZPower, and I am still trying to transition back into here. What are the new signature regulations? Because I remembered you used to have a certain sized banner and you can only have a limited amount of external links that can be linked on your signature.

I was wondering what are the acceptable external links and what are the unacceptable external links (Ex: I noticed Deviantart is an acceptable website and some YouTube videos), because I need a whole rundown or list of what can be linked here or what is not acceptable, because I don't want to break any rules. So, can you help answer my question? Thanks!

-Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

For signature guidelines, see here. The formatting appears to still be a little wonky though so the jist of it is:

• Your entire signature cannot exceed 800 pixels x 300 pixels (there are guidelines on the signature editor that will help you)
  • Your signature and avatar COMBINED cannot exceed 100 kB.
  • Your signature cannot violate general BZP rules such as the Advertising policy and the politics/religion policy.

The advertising policy is here. It's been streamlined recently,and the general idea is that as long as the content you're linking to is BZPower appropriate, you can link to it.

For signature guidelines, see here. The formatting appears to still be a little wonky though so the jist of it is:

• Your entire signature cannot exceed 800 pixels x 300 pixels (there are guidelines on the signature editor that will help you)
  • Your signature and avatar COMBINED cannot exceed 100 kB.
  • Your signature cannot violate general BZP rules such as the Advertising policy and the politics/religion policy.

The advertising policy is here. It's been streamlined recently,and the general idea is that as long as the content you're linking to is BZPower appropriate, you can link to it.

You got it. I have only two things to add:

Sigs - You are allowed up to ten images, provided that they (along with any text) all fit in the 800x300-pixel box.

Advertising - You are only responsible for checking the static content of the page for appropriateness. Non-static content, such as comments and posts, is outside of our and your control and does not need to be checked.

I should clarify the last bit - obviously, if you link to a forum page where every other word in each post is not so BZP-appropriate, the link will get removed. So you still have to play it safe with pages like that. The idea is that no one has time to keep checking, say, a YouTube video's comments to make sure nothing questionable was posted - because, quite clearly, there will be comments made and future comments that will break BZPower's rules. Your link won't get removed because of that fact, though, as long as the video itself is appropriate.

Does that answer things?

Edited by -Windrider-