Concerts

pls respond

as a huge fan of concerts in general, i figured it was about time to get a topic going about them so, what concerts do you guys plan on going to soon? also feel free to talk about the best/worst concerts you've been to and whatnot i'm personally going to see a local band called Lions for Lambs tomorrow, should be pretty rad. also if all goes according to plan i'll be seeing Between The Buried And Me, TesseracT, and Animals As Leaders next Thursday. discuss away!

nhsYE.jpg

Well, if Red Hot Chili Peppers plan on touring through California, I'd definitely like to go to that. Same with Van Halen, since they're supposed to have a new album coming out soon. Other bands I'd absolutely love to see would be Alter Bridge, Coheed and Cambria, and Dream Theater. The best concert I've been to was the Ozzy Osbourne/Slash and Myles Kennedy show in San Jose back in February. Either that or the Tesla show at Thunder Valley in July, which blew me away. The worst... I guess would be Linkin Park, who played at the same venue later that month. I just thought the songs from A Thousand Suns didn't translate well live, and they lacked a certain energy. Plus, having been to a few LP concerts prior, I guess it's not as exciting to hear the same songs again and again.

plop

Hard to pin down a best concert, though System of a Down is definitely up there. Tool and APC (separate times, obviously) were also high notes. I do love concerts in general, though. As for upcoming ones, the only one I can find is Puscifer, which hopefully I'll be able to hit up. We'll see what else comes up this year.

Okay guys.Get ready.This might be a shock to you.30 SECONDS TO MARS. NOVEMBER 3. DOVY'S GONNA BE THERE.Yeah.Really.-Dovydas

they still exist? i thought they dropped off the face of the Earth after whatever album had "The Kill" on it

Hard to pin down a best concert, though System of a Down is definitely up there. Tool and APC (separate times, obviously) were also high notes. I do love concerts in general, though. As for upcoming ones, the only one I can find is Puscifer, which hopefully I'll be able to hit up. We'll see what else comes up this year.

somebody's a Maynard fanboy. don't worry, i <3 him too. also that's odd, there are a bunch of shows coming up that i need to see speaking of that, i just found out that Wretched and The Browning are touring together. looks like i have another to add to the list
nhsYE.jpg

I've been to several orchestral concerts as a youth. That's it, actually. Two concerts in 21 years. Probably doesn't help that I live in a place where no good music is ever performed. Anyway, both were okay. One had a terrible set, though. It was a bunch of quiet pieces followed by some more energetic ones, so you were falling asleep for the first half, and going deaf the second half.

Edited by Malevolence

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Okay guys.Get ready.This might be a shock to you.30 SECONDS TO MARS. NOVEMBER 3. DOVY'S GONNA BE THERE.Yeah.Really.-Dovydas

they still exist? i thought they dropped off the face of the Earth after whatever album had "The Kill" on it
They had a new Album about a year ago... Maybe two. "This is War." Quite epic actually. as far as Concerts go well... I live in Edmonton. Barely anyone comes here. ever. If i ever get the chance to i'm gonna see Coldplay, 3 Doors Down, and, if they ever go on tour, Broken Iris.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

The college I'm at puts on various small concerts all the time. Admission is usually either $3 or free for me, depending on how stingy they feel like being. Latest one was a flute recital (with piano accompaniment), which, to be honest, was terrible. Loud piccolo and overly simplistic piano are not among my favorite things. There's a nice little brass quintet coming up that should be good, though. Professional members of the school's music department, so you would hope that it would be difficult for them to screw up a brass quintet (whereas it is so very easy to screw up a flute recital, especially if the composers you picked are eight different kinds of awful).

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

awesome to see that people are actually posting in here again turns out i missed the Between The Buried And Me concert, which really sucks because i love them a lot. i've already seen them though so it's all good in the hood next show i'll go to is probably gonna be Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, Carnifex, Struc/tures, and Betraying The Martyrs. i like/love all of those bands except for Carnifex so that's gonna be amazing. that is unless my Thanksgiving plans change and then i'll be seeing Wretched <3

nhsYE.jpg

As a life-devoted music enthusiast (whatever that means) I really, really, really want to go to a concert. I desperately want to go to Kaskade for my first live concert, but Deadmau5 is supposedly so good live, I'd probably settle for that. It's a matter of overcoming my social anxiety mostly (and being around all that ec***sy may not be such a good idea). Also I'm 15 years old. So I'm probably not going any time soon. Fire & Ice

IetTsFQ.png

As far as concerts go I've gone to quite a few in the past couple of months. Such as, The Meat Puppets, they put on an amazing show and had a couple of really awesome local bands touring with them. Also saw a bunch of Floridian bands with Fake Problems shortly after that, with Fake Problems putting on an amazing show as always, full of energy and with a couple really awesome bands before them it really was a high point as far as concerts go. Following that I saw Into It. Over It., Andrew Jackson Jihad and Frank Turner and had to say it wasn't as great as I was expecting. Then just this weekend I drove myself up to GNV to see one of PS Eliot's last shows and I feel that the gas money and all was entirely worth it even though I'm probably not going to any other shows at the Fest.

D V N O four capital letters printed in gold

Ahh..I just attended my first concert on October 7th. :) fun. at the Grand Opera House in Macon, GA. I live in North Carolina - me and five friends drove six hours that afternoon to see an eight-song set. And it was totally worth it. They put on a really fantastic show; Nate Ruess really gets into it. Plus, half of those eight songs were new, so it was pretty exciting. Of course, I'd heard them all on video sites, but still. :P I might see The Airborne Toxic Event on November 23rd at the Fillmore Charlotte. My girlfriend's parents were actually debating letting her go with me. I would love to see them - they supposedly put on a great live show, and All I Ever Wanted is the only live album I can honestly say would make the top of a "favourite albums of all time" list. So I'd imagine they're pretty amazing live. :D

you live in North Carolina too? didn't expect that The Fillmore is pretty nice, I caught the All Stars tour when it went through there. that was a super long concert (almost 20 bands i think) but the place was comfy so it wasn't a big deal. i'd love to see someone there again but no one i like is playing there

nhsYE.jpg

The highlight of all my concert experiences occurred three or so years ago. I went that June to see the Mahler 8 performed for Lorin Maazel's farewell concert with the New York Philharmonic. And oh man, that sound. The finale was like hearing the entire universe resonating as one. Believe me, many manly tears were shed. Unfortunately, I missed out on seeing Mahler's 2nd symphony, the "Resurrection" symphony, this year for the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I might get to see Mahler's 9th in January, though! ...That's a lot of Mahler. Well, as far as concerts go outside of the classical department, I have seen very few, but the best was undoubtedly Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. They played "Incident on 57th Street." What I wouldn't give to hear it like that again.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My university is putting on a saxophone ensemble concert on the 28th. Should be awesome.'Course, I won't know, because it's at the same time as my bleeding music history class. You know, the class for which I have to attend a minimum of two concerts during the semester. Lovely class, but between people complaining about the length of the class and saxophones being saxophones, I think I'd rather hear the saxes.

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I can't ever remember going to a concert, but I did see one about a year ago in Florida, basically a small group playing famous themes out of movies or just songs in general (Moon River, Pirates of the Carribean, etc.).And unless Pink Floyd spontaneously decides to start touring through the U.S., I'd plan on going. However, the tickets would probably be outrageously priced, lol.

• Upvote 1

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

And unless Pink Floyd spontaneously decides to start touring through the U.S., I'd plan on going. However, the tickets would probably be outrageously priced, lol.

im assuming you missed Roger Waters The Wall tour?Probably best concert was Matt and Kim. Also went to as local music festival called LouFest, which was baller
  • Upvote 1

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

pc_rancorous.gif GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. pc_rancorous.gif

And unless Pink Floyd spontaneously decides to start touring through the U.S., I'd plan on going. However, the tickets would probably be outrageously priced, lol.

im assuming you missed Roger Waters The Wall tour?Probably best concert was Matt and Kim. Also went to as local music festival called LouFest, which was baller
Well, A ) I missed it B ) I'd rather see all of Pink Floyd, although Wright is dead now. Also, I'm pretty sure the tickets are expensive - that, and, again, I'd rather see Glimour, Mason, and Waters, to be honest. No clue if he or any of them would be performing anywhere near where I am in the U.S. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...