Why do you guys dislike Hero Factory so much?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys.:) As title says above, why do you guys dislike Hero Factory so much? Well, I like it, but the story needs some things to work on, such as some characters, like Stringer and Nex, the new voice actors in the Invasion From Below episode, the unresolved chiffhangers in the second Breakout episode onwards, and focusing on the main story more, like Bionicle did.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I think there was (at least initially) a lot of dislike for Hero Factory because it replaced BIONICLE, and fans here held somewhat higher expectations for Hero Factory's story. Some, used to the BIONICLE set style and storytelling method, saw Hero Factory as a change for the worse. Others are disgruntled by the themes and morals inherent in the little scraps of story that Hero Factory has, and still others - such as myself - have no strong feelings one way or the other.

I paid a lot of attention to the initial backlash against Hero Factory, but by and large folks have settled down. For those who don't like it, it's not just for one reason.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

For me it's not a strong dislike... it's just not a strong like. I think it's probably that way for a lot of people. But it can be difficult to put into words. It just don't have that jazz. :P

• Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It could stand to improve in places, but it's really not awful. Diehard Bionicle fans used to raise a big fuss about it based on a popular misconception that Hero Factory was called in to replace Bionicle when it was simply the natural progression of one Lego line to the next since Bionicle had run its course. As far as characters? Sure they're a bit shallow, but they're not any worse than any Bionicle character (news flash guys: Greg wasn't that great of a writer and he only had a few shining moments when the characters became more than plot devices).

I personally don't follow the story much, but then I gave up on the Bionicle story around the end of 2008 so it's not necessarily a fault of either series. The sets were terrible at the beginning of its run but I'm actually quite keen on the new ones coming out this March.

So it's fine? Hat is a strong word to put on an amalgamation of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene and its associated media but whatever.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

These days? Mostly shoddy writing. Characters contemplate infanticide and are dissuaded for tactical reasons, not moral. Cliffhangers are left up and then swiftly dropped. Characterization is inconsistent and shallow. Only once have I seen a reasonable theme somewhat clearly presented in Hero Factory. The villains in the series tend to have foreign accents, highlighting xenophobia on the part of the directors. I could go on.

It's not so much about the sets, though some still bug me as sub-par. The story is just dreadfully written.

• Upvote 3

To be honest, I like Hero Factory. I just have more complaints about it than Bionicle or Ninjago. :P Most of my complaints (which have been voiced in other topics) have been about poor and contradicted characterization in the TV series, not as much depth involved. I liked the Bionicle story (and a lot of similiar stories), and it's hard to shake the mindset around to as much appreciation.

With that being said, there's a lot of good stuff in HF:

http://youtu.be/a58kQ9zrW7E

http://youtu.be/cE5m0IIOECY

Not to mention the classy building system, and the Breakout Game. I hear the IFB game is good too, and I like the minifig idea.

What bothers me about HF is not so much that they aren't doing cool stuff, but how much better the story could be, and make all the other cool things that they have in here so much better.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

I don't hate it, I'm just not a fan.

A somewhat critical non-fan.

Sure, my level of critical-ness is probably somewhat heightened by the fact that it came directly after Bionicle, and didn't really hold quite the same caliber as the former. But I'm pretty much just as critical with it as I am with Ninjago or Chima, it's just that the topic of HF comes up more often in the conversations I hold than the others before mentioned.

Like anything (yes, including Bionicle), it has its pros and cons. The story is a bit very lacking, and I don't feel that most of the sets have as much complexity as they could, but I like the new molds (for the most part), and the improved less-breakable pieces are a huge boon in HF's favor.

I'd have to say that my main complaint against it (as is for many) is the lack of story.

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
  • Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I do think BZP has a greater percentage of people who DON'T dislike Hero Factory than most other Bionicle communities. But why there's so much dislike altogether?

I think the primary reason is that its core story medium (the TV specials) are for the most part a disappointment. In Bionicle the comics and movies were good-to-decent but the books were king, and gave you the full picture of what that year's story was. In Hero Factory the books are also decent, but they largely just tell "side-stories", which means they're not repetitive but also means you pretty much have to watch the lackluster show to know what's going on. And the show is both inconsistent (abandoning story threads and subverting character development frequently) and mediocre-to-awful.

Compound that with butthurt over Bionicle's end that continues to this day, and you have a pretty good idea of why Hero Factory is so disliked.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm in the butthurt crowd that Lyichir mentions. I feel that there was so much more in Bionicle than there was in Hero Factory - first off (which has been a grievance of countless fans and I won't mention in depth) is the terrible, shallow, bland, and un-original story and hero robots theme. Secondly - I don't like many of the sets. The original line was bland and had too many broad, flat, undetailed surfaces. I will admit that things got better, but Brain Attack made it worse with the worthless brains and visors (which should have been replaced with more plastic and parts that would actually improve the set instead of condone a silly gimmick).

That said, the new, strengthened parts, and skeleton-esque building system is certainly cleaner and more efficient than Bionicle, though it has its fair share of detractors as well.

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I don't hate it, but I'm certainly not a fan of it. The story doesn't interest me even slightly, and I feel they could make it so much better. So I don't really pay much attention to HF in general. I have nothing against the sets, and I think they're pretty good for the most part, but unfortunately, I don't feel compelled to collect them because of the lackluster story and characters.

• Upvote 2
Bliss.png

I've thoroughly enjoyed the sets ever since the second wave (because the first had maybe three decent sets total), but I didn't really get seriously invested in HF until I decided to just ignore the official canon and write my own. Once I was able to overwrite the cinematic abominations associated with the theme, I found I enjoyed it almost as much as Bionicle.

Almost.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I love Hero Factory as a theme, and I love the story at a basic level — in other words, the overall story structure, the premise of each story year, and the bios. The Hero Factory universe is a strong foundation for storytelling and has managed to avoid excessively repetitive storylines.

The Hero Factory TV series that conveys that story, though, has a VERY poor track record, and while it has shown improvement on some levels (better fight scenes, for instance, and slightly more complex story structures like the solo missions in the Breakout episodes), it has also had some serious weaknesses — notably, it has struggled with consistent characterization and has left lots of unanswered questions about major plot points, like exactly how Voltix carried out the breakout or who created and dispatched the evil brains.

The sets have generally been fantastic designs since the introduction of the new building system, though. As of 2012, the character designs have paid earnest tribute to the appearances and "themes" of those characters' original portrayals. They have had a remarkable amount of diversity despite maintaining an incredibly consistent palette of basic building elements.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like it. Apart from the sets, which I don't like, the story is basically 'good people kick bad beople in jail. period.'

Also, I saw in a video some time ago that said: the story is more 'for kids', but not really educative.

What I loved from BIONICLE is how you could grow up playing with the sets (and not getting anything about the story). But when you grew up, you stopped playing with the sets, and started learning the story, greater than many bestsellers.

And BIONICLE was great for kids, because it taught them to work together and hard to archieve your goals (unity, duty, destiny). When the kids saw the matoran (who some saw as a 'kid' stage) turn into Toa (adult?), they got the message: everyone can be a hero. Even matoran (kids?) can be heroes sometimes. And then they turned into turaga (old men) and were wise leaders, so kids can also be wise someday, they only have to work towards it.

BIONICLE also taught kids the difference between good and bad, taught them about respecting their environment and boosted their creativity.

On the other hand, in HF, heroes are made in factories. Not anyone can be a hero, you have to be built for it. There are no three principles, no toa code, etc. There is no semi-tribal feel to things, which led to kids seeing the beauty of nature; now, there is a huge city, with not one tree.

And the difference between good and bad? Kids get the idea: 'If you are a mad person with a strange plan to get a rather unimaginative objective, you are bad'. On the other hand, in BIONICLE, kids had bigger lessons: it is easy to become a bad person, It is easier to act wrongly, the good people are always better, etc.

And none of you needs to be told about the effect that BIONICLE had on older fans.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

For most of us, it's not that we hate HF, it's more like that we like Bionicle more. I just never really could get into HF even after I got over my belligerent HF-hating phase. I don't really like the story or the sets that much but I definitely don't hate it. It's just that we don't like it as much as people that grew up with it. Cheers.

• Upvote 4

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Hero Factory's sets are good, but what I've seen of its story is rather simplistic and uninteresting to me. I'm not one of the people who hates the set-line because it replaced Bionicle; honestly, I was excited at first because its premise had a lot of potential. Any dislike now is based on the squandering of that initial storyline potential.

• Upvote 1

Judging by the amount of HF sets I have, I'm clearly not allowed to hate the theme itself. I'm just really in it for the sets, you know? I never liked the story all that much and in my opinion, the series couldn't hold a candle up to BIONICLE. After being a loyal follower of BIONICLE, Hero Factory just seems really disappointing in terms of story. Every year, it's just the same thin plot that can be summarized in a one hour "movie" with commercial breaks. At least BIONICLE still carefully progressed its plot throughout the months rather than just make a TV special a month after a plot progression. So yeah, HF feels really rushed.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

'cuz it killed BIONICLE and we hates it for that, nah just kidding. :P

In all seriousness, I did like Hero Factory in the early days, but more recently I've been sort of neutral towards it. I actually haven't bought any HF sets since Meltdown; the story is easy to follow, when all it takes is to sit down and watch a twenty-two minute or so special. I do however wish that I had heard about the books Greg wrote for HF soon enough to actually get them.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I like HF -- I'm just not hooked on it is all. I was doing a pretty good job there of collecting the Stormer sets, but one of their hiatuses made me forget about continuing the collection, ha ha. With Bionicle, you sit there with baited breath for the next update/release, and you're there within the first few days weeks at whatever store to nab your favorite sets... With HF, the drive isn't quite the same as it was for Bionicle. I forget about it more easily. HF is a delightful series that makes me feel like a kid again, but I won't go out of my way to keep up with the sets/story. It has its flaws, yes, but you can't expect every toyline/storyline to be a hit, even if it's the "successor" to Bionicle.

In short: Hero Factory has a thumbs-up from me, but it's more of a casual interest than anything. :)

• Upvote 3

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

And then they turned into turaga (old men) and were wise leaders, so kids can also be wise someday, they only have to work towards it.

*cough* And women. <_<

(The shameful lack of female characters was always BIONICLE's biggest flaw, but that's another topic entirely. Gaaaah, it makes me mad just thinking about it.)

Now, I myself don't care for HF. I used to defend it, because I enjoyed the 2010 sets, and was excited to learn about an all-new universe. I enjoyed 2011, too, because I liked the villains (simplistic and cartoony as they were, they had fanfic potential). Since 2012, however, the story (uggh) has consistently disappointed me, and I've stopped buying sets. I know, I know -- supporting HF supports BIONICLE's return in the long run -- but even though I like some of the sets, I just can't be bothered to spend money on them. :/

The best part of HF was the podcast and the other promos that didn't take themselves too seriously, like the videos that someone posted above. They were genuinely funny, but at the same time contained worldbuilding details, a semblance of plot, and -- sadly enough -- more memorable characters than the TV show ever had.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 3 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed 2.0. I liked the look of the sets and the building system was neat! Sadly, 2.0 was the last time LEGO tried something new with HF. I wish that LEGO would dare be more experimental with HF and try out crazy, new building systems. But they're not doing that. As it stands HF has overall been a lackluster theme for LEGO.

I thoroughly enjoyed 2.0. I liked the look of the sets and the building system was neat! Sadly, 2.0 was the last time LEGO tried something new with HF. I wish that LEGO would dare be more experimental with HF and try out crazy, new building systems. But they're not doing that. As it stands HF has overall been a lackluster theme for LEGO.

Really? You don't think LEGO has tried to do something new with Hero Factory since 2011? I'd think this year's minifigure-scale Hero Factory sets would certainly qualify as "something new". It's based on the same building system, sure, but if that's the determining factor in whether the LEGO Group is trying something new, then they haven't tried anything new in LEGO Technic since at least 2009.

In my opinion, there have been lots of new things since the new building system:

• In summer 2011, Witch Doctor showed how the new building system could be integrated with Technic to create a massive titan figure, and we saw the first non-humanoid villains in the entire theme (Raw-Jaw, Fangz, and arguably even Waspix, on account of his extra set of limbs and digitigrade leg construction). Rocka XL broke new ground as the first hero figure to be a different size from the figures that came in the small canister sets.

• In 2012, the Breakout series did away with the size-based segregation for heroes and villains entirely — some of the new, smaller villains like Thornraxx, Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, and XT4 were unquestionably some of the most creative villain sets to date, while larger heroes like Furno, Breez, Rocka, and Bulk added back armor and builds much more diverse than the smaller heroes' price points had previously allowed. Hero builds and color schemes also became much less formulaic. Black Phantom introduced a revolutionary high-friction ball cup that could be snapped onto pretty much any ordinary ball cup, and XT4 and Stormer XL introduced their own share of building elements that dramatically increased the overall versatility of the building system.

• In 2013, some of the Brain Attack sets like Rocka, Scarox, Bruizer, Pyrox, Surge, and Dragon Bolt incorporated playable action features. The Bulk, Surge, and Stormer sets integrated flick missiles for the first time in a constraction theme. Hero weapons and equipment continued to become more and more elaborate in their construction (though this wasn't really revolutionary — they'd already been increasing in complexity year after year; this year just continued the trend with lots of versatile new weapon pieces).

• Most recently, in 2014, the scale has been completely re-imagined with mini-Heroes about five centimeters tall — a fraction of the height of previous heroes. The change in scale means that rather than the sets being split between heroes with generic humanoid skeletons and villains with more diversity, all of the sets are now free to explore more elaborate builds. It also means that each set can have a built-in conflict — either a mini hero with a full-sized beast, or a hero machine with one or more miniature "jumpers". Evo XL Machine boasted the theme's first gear function outside of vehicle sets like Drop Ship and Jet Rocka. In the summer, Breez Flea Machine will incorporate a winch function — the first string-based feature in a constraction theme. And Queen Beast will be the first constraction set since Nidhiki to have a "centaur-like" build (humanoid upper body with a quadrupedal lower body).

Overall, I think the LEGO Group has been innovating with a righteous fury for the past couple years. The building system hasn't been radically redefined, and why should it? The LEGO Group is still finding brand-new ways to use it after three years! I loved the new building system's debut as much as the next guy, but the sets have gotten much more daring and less formulaic in the years that followed. I don't think we're in any need for a new building system anytime soon, when there's so much more that can still be done with either existing parts or new parts that complement them. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Upvote 4

I don't hate it, but I don't exactly like it either.

At first, I was curious about it. I saw some episodes, and was disappointed. Of course, this is because of BIONICLE. After the awesome (and a tad bit confusing) story it had, I had high expectations for Hero Factory (plus I happen to like superheroes).

After that, I really stopped paying attention to it or caring much about it.

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

1- It's cheesy

2- Bad/no/young storyline

3- Aimed at a younger audience

4- Ridiculous Names

5 -Super cheesy builds with exaggerated features

6- Basic builds on a skeleton

7 - It's not Bionicle

8 - It make's no sense. To this day, I am unaware of who these robots are protecting.

9 - Increased flexibility makes them harder to pose well.

I never liked HF like I did Bionicle, nor did I hate on it when it came out, because some of the first series was alright; I liked the designs of Duncan Bulk and Stringer of the first series. The build just wasn't very good, nor the story, and they were ridiculously simplified.

Well, as most people on this thread have said, I'm apathetic about it. It's not a hate scenario (unlike what it was when it first came out), it's just not very exciting. In fact, if it was system, I probably wouldn't care about it at all.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

For me it's always just been "that thing that replaced Bionicle", but I've never really been able to keep up with it to see how its evolved. I have a little brother so I've seen some of the show and a bunch of the first few years of sets, and while I'm disappointed with how some of the sets look, with their weird color placement and lack of pins and axles and such, I will admit that the animation in the show is preeeeetty good. I'm a little jealous that Bionicle didn't really have that kind of tv series, or animation quality that good in the movies until TLR. From what I've heard the story is pretty rubbish, so that doesn't appeal to me very much. The themes that they have are pretty neat, I'll give 'em that. I can totally see why younger kids would like it so much.

I guess for me it's just that it's not the saaaaameee as what we had in the gooooood ol' days [/old lady voice]

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I don't hate Hero Factory, but I am getting really annoyed of the same building system over and over and over again, It feel like I'm just being 100 of the same Hero and it mostly is because they didn't make any new hero characters. There also need to be more episode and being back the roiginal voice actor but that unlikly to happened because HF is going down then up plus I don't get why people dislike the first 4 episode of HF, it was better then all of others.

I only get the sets for the building experience. Couldn't really care about the story, so much cheesier than BIONICLE.

Of what I have said, HF is just putting in the same thing over and over again and not making a new building system plus I think HF is more of a Sandbox to make your own story.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

1- It's cheesy

2- Bad/no/young storyline

3- Aimed at a younger audience

4- Ridiculous Names

5 -Super cheesy builds with exaggerated features

6- Basic builds on a skeleton

7 - It's not Bionicle

8 - It make's no sense. To this day, I am unaware of who these robots are protecting.

9 - Increased flexibility makes them harder to pose well.

I never liked HF like I did Bionicle, nor did I hate on it when it came out, because some of the first series was alright; I liked the designs of Duncan Bulk and Stringer of the first series. The build just wasn't very good, nor the story, and they were ridiculously simplified.

What do you mean by number nine on your list? The articulation of most Hero Factory figures is no different than the articulation of any post-2005 BIONICLE figures. Few humanoid Hero Factory figures have more than 13 points of articulation (neck, shoulders, hips, elbows, knees, wrists, and ankles). The same as your typical Inika build. I'm not sure what you'd prefer... surely you're not suggesting a return to the pitiful articulation of the 1.0 heroes or BIONICLE Stars?

Meanwhile, a lot of Hero Factory names probably seem much less ridiculous to a lot of people than BIONICLE names. I remember reading a review of a 2002 BIONICLE comic that criticized, among other things, the names which "sounded like they were plucked from a KGB hit list". And my dad has made fun of BIONICLE names for over a decade. Most Hero Factory names have much more obvious meanings, in the spirit of typical superhero and supervillain names. And this makes them seem much less weird and confusing to an outside audience.

Also, what super exaggerated features are you referring to in the builds? As far as proportions are concerned, most builds are far less exaggerated than a lot of BIONICLE figures. The 2003 Matoran had absurdly wide shoulders relative to their height. The shoulders of the Toa Inika and Toa Metru were also disproportionately wide, and the Toa Inika had absurdly long arms and legs. Most Hero Factory heroes, in contrast, have the same modest, reasonably realistic humanoid proportions as the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva. Villains, of course, have a greater tendency towards alien builds and proportions, just as they did in BIONICLE (cf: Piraka, Barraki, Makuta, Vahki, Rahkshi, etc).

I can't argue with #7, though. It's not BIONICLE, and it's not supposed to be.

1: It's not BIONICLE

2: The show is an extended commercial

3: Invasion From Below. Period

4: The lack of using the DIVERSE building system and making things like this

5: It's cheesy.

Regarding #4, there are definitely far fewer sets like that these days, especially now that hero sets aren't obligated to be humanoid. It's a trend towards greater complexity that's been going on for a while.

Back in the 2.0 and 3.0 waves, the hero sets were incredibly unified in terms of both build and color scheme. 3.0 mixed things up a bit by using black shells for Rocka and having slightly more diverse weapons and armor, as well as introducing the first XL hero, but the hero sets were still pretty similar and had near-identical skeletons. Of course, Savage Planet was the start of more diverse villain sets, since only one (Witch Doctor) was humanoid, and even that one's build was far from conventional.

Breakout mixed up the size of the hero sets as well as the color schemes, and introduced more diverse building techniques. Consider Evo's tank arm, which used a shoulder sphere and a torso shell attached to the arm as a part of the weapon, Nex's laser cutter which was pretty much the tank arm's opposite (boxy and angular instead of bulgy and rounded, on the left arm instead of the right, and with a precision laser instead of a giant plasma cannon), Furno's aquajet pack, and Bulk's back-mounted missile launcher and huge shoulder pads. That's not even mentioning the smaller villains like XT4, Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, and Thornraxx which utterly abandoned simple humanoid builds in favor of more imaginative fare.

The Brain Attack series was somewhat repetitive, particularly because so many of the heroes were small sets again and most of the villains were humanoid, but it continued to diversify color schemes and started using more elaborate Technic constructions for hero weapons and gear. Stormer, Surge, and Furno, the year's three larger heroes, showcase this particularly well. Frost Beast, Bruizer, and Scarox were all bipedal humanoid designs, but they had more elaborate skeletons that made use of Technic parts. Dragon Bolt was non-humanoid, like Scorpio before it.

This year's Invasion from Below series is the first one that finally breaks away from hero sets with simple humanoid builds and proportions, thanks to the change in scale. Furno Jet Machine has a brilliantly-constructed skeleton, Rocka Stealth Machine has elaborate shoulder armor, Rocka Crawler has smaller, Matoran-like proportions, and Evo XL Machine has an elaborate build with a gear-driven waist. Most of the others (Evo Walker, Breez Flea Machine, Bulk Drill Machine, Surge & Rocka Combat Machine, and the Evo machine that comes with Queen Beast) are not even bipedal. So the only really boring humanoid design among them is Stormer Freeze Machine.

Before this year's summer sets were revealed, I was worried that this year's beast sets would mostly be basic humanoids to make up for the diverse builds of the machine sets. I had reason to be worried. Flyer Beast is pretty basic in design other than its wings, and Jaw Beast is a basic humanoid in construction if not in proportions. Splitter Beast is not completely basic, but still considerably less complex than other sets its size like Stormer XL, Furno XL, and Dragon Bolt. The summer brings us Crystal Beast, which like Jaw Beast is terribly mundane in construction. But the summer's other two beast sets, Queen Beast and Tunneler Beast, are refreshingly non-humanoid, with insect-like designs.

In a sense, 2014 is to previous years of Hero Factory sets what 2007 was to previous years of BIONICLE sets. A small handful of sets share their basic designs with previous sets, but the vast majority are remarkably diverse and novel. I can only hope that this trend continues, either in Hero Factory or whatever new constraction theme we're getting in 2015.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Upvote 2

I don't hate it, but I feel sort of disappointment or sadness when i think of it.

For one, it's not terrible, but like others before me in the topic have discussed, it can be a lot better. The story seems a little shallow, and characters are cookie-cutter bland archetypes. There's not enough to draw me in.

But I would like to point out that many Bionicle Fans hate it because they believed that Hero Factory was supposed to be a continuation to Bionicle or a replacement, and as such frequently cite "it's not as good as Bionicle", when it's very unfair to dump the expectations of Bionicle onto Hero Factory, which, I might repeat, was never a replacement and so cannot be evaluated (exactly) like Bionicle was.

I think most (mature) Bionicle fans don't hate it so much now, but there's a sort of 'meh' attitude now. Most Bionicle fans don't feel anything for Hero Factory anymore.

1: It's not BIONICLE

2: The show is an extended commercial

3: Invasion From Below. Period

4: The lack of using the DIVERSE building system and making things like this

5: It's cheesy.

reply 1. You don't say, it's not BIonicle, I was thinking it was Exo-Force. But really what did you think it was -_-

reply 2. Not really, the only ones that are like that are Brain Attack, IFB and somewhat Breakout.

reply 3. Okay I give you that one.

reply 4. Okay I think your joking around (have feeling I going to feel stupid because you are)

reply 5. HF is mostly like sandbox but I somewhat agree with you.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube