Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC [icicle Inn]:

As he watches his business partner locked into a conversation with the Toa, his mind ponders about the next step of the game. His thoughts traveled, recalling the rumors he heard on his long journey from his village toward Ta-Kardas. Travelers and caravans have reported groupings of Rahi near the borders of major settlements, with weird movements toward an universal unknown goal. Novvah haven't heard any reporting like this ever since the winter struck the island, for hundreds of years. Fear hails from the unknown, bringing a shroud of know-nothingness upon many people....

Interestingly enough, though, Novvah had seen and read many repeating history tablets retelling the tales of a previously unknown person who brought equilibrium and light into a world shrouded in dark clouds, offsprings of corruption and filth. History repeat itself like a gigantic wooden wheel on the go. Novvah had read enough tablets and stars to know the procedures. All prophecies of salvation that had become true in old history begin the same thing: having someone who came from the bottom of the society to play a crucial role in an event that'll reform the world. An event that is something out of the norm, something out of the ordinary. Through millennium of Matoran records, great cities rose and fall, all through the same path.

Lost in his mind, Novvah realized that he's living in history, from the present, toward an unknown future that may not be that unpredictable after all.

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

IC: Laer'dus

Laer'dus walks down the street glancing at the seemingly abandoned buildings. He knew that anyone with money or governmental weight resided inside the mountain, and despite that, it still intrigued Laer'dus. And then he saw it. Among various abandoned market tents sat a Toa of ice with furs of varying shapes and sizes. Laer'dus blinks. A mirage? A hallucination? could my eyes be deceiving me? He stared at the enigma for a moment, then figured he'd humor it.

The steltian approaches the market stall.

IC: Psyzhran

The toa of ice looked up to see a Steltian approaching the market stall. He silently acknowledged the potential customer, stood up, and subtly gestured towards the goods before staring at the Steltian expectantly.

Laer'dus gave the toa a nod and gestured towards a pelt on the right side of the table. Knowing how most Ko-Matoran and Toa operate, he figured that he'd keep the silence intact and thus keep a mutual feeling of disconnection. But while he remained reserved on the outside, curiosity welled up inside of him. He wanted to solve this enigma. What could this fellow expect to gain from sitting out here? It's far too cold to market to the common folk. Then an idea dawned on him, Perhaps he does want solitude.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC: Tekro

Tekro had never met the Le-matoran before, but he was more than grateful for her generosity. He spun back toward the counter to order the biggest meal possible, but with his widget, his "biggest" choice was a small sandwich. It would have to do, though. He needed to make it back to Ko-Metru as quickly as possible to continue his market.

To make the most of the waiting time for his food, he reached down into his backpack and unveiled several different sizes of thermal tunics and sorted them on the counter. Confident that his intentions were obvious, he turned back toward the crowded main lobby of the inn and scanned once more for potential customers before he set off for Ko-Metru.

He decided to make another shot at the Fe-matoran that seemed to hate the ice as much as Tekro himself did. He inhaled, exhaled, and turned his face toward Teclorus while casually leaning against the counter.

"So... I hate the cold, too. A lot. But, uh... I like to be prepared for it." He motioned toward his selection. "I can help you do the same."

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

Laer'dus gave the toa a nod and gestured towards a pelt on the right side of the table. Knowing how most Ko-Matoran and Toa operate, he figured that he'd keep the silence intact and thus keep a mutual feeling of disconnection. But while he remained reserved on the outside, curiosity welled up inside of him. He wanted to solve this enigma. What could this fellow expect to gain from sitting out here? It's far too cold to market to the common folk. Then an idea dawned on him, Perhaps he does want solitude.

IC Psyzhran

The Toa stared at the pelt the Steltian had gestured to, then pointed at the price label. Making a faint, almost animalistic grunting noise, he slid the pelt forward a few inches before pointing back to the price tag.

IC: Teclorus

Teclorus smiled at Tekro and said "I'd be honored to help your business". After exchanging the jacket for an appropriate amount of widgets, the Fe-Matoran said

"Hey, if you ever feel like doing a little more than just helping people cope with the cold, I'll be around."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC: Tekro

His smile widened at Teclorus's offer. Tekro's fluency usually restored with his comfort level. "Well, I am just a matoran." He shook the hand of the Fe-matoran. "But I would just as easily give all I have earned to do exactly that. If anything ever comes up, I'll be back here to let you know. "

The sandwich arrived and was set in front of Tekro. He hurriedly packed the rest of the clothing and slid the backpack onto his shoulder before grabbing his measly meal.

He stopped before he shuffled off the chair. "I hate to shove off so abruptly, but uh, I must make it back to Ko-Metru. I have a few people waiting on coats, and, well, I need to make it as far as possible with this daylight. But I do hope our paths cross again soon. Um... what is your name, good sir?"

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC: Zinyn

The Inn was busy, as was to be expected, and Zinyn kept his eyes on the ground as he moved to the bar, laid a few of his last widgets on the counter, asked for something warm, and then briefly looked around the room. Around him there were several conversations happening. A Le-Turaga in particular seemed to be fairly popular. How people struck up conversations with seemingly random folks he never could understand. Then again, the people of Ta-Karda were supposed to highly dependent on each other, so all these people could know each other very well already. That was a disturbing thought by itself.

Zinyn drank his drink, keeping his eyes on the bar until he heard someone mention "Ko-Metru." He looked around, and saw a brightly colored being, either a short Toa or a tall Matoran of Plasma, getting out of his chair. For a moment, Zinyn was dazzled by the bright colors, and couldn't help staring a little bit.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC: Odrek

His smile widened a little bit. It was good to see some enthusiasm. "I should mention exactly what or who I'm looking for. I need Toa of Stone and/or Earth, and Iron, as well as a digger and an engineer. Toa of Water, Air and Fire would be appreciated but are not essential."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC (Salah)

The tall Steltian could barely fit into the small cabin, but he had a smile on his nonetheless. "A wonderful abode, many are not so fortunate." The sad thing was, he was being completely honest. A small shack was a fairly large accomplishment for many in this frozen world.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

GM IC:

Further out in the wastes - though much closer to the cities than most living in those cities would be comfortable with, or, truly, closer than they actually knew - a large number of creatures were living. Moving about. Surviving...and searching for warmth. Warmth that was to be found in the cities. Tall Frostelus, cloaked in white, snowy hides from the Kavinika they had been directing, walked about, their long claws twitching in anticipation of what was about to occur. Living Kavinika, those not killed for meat, for camouflage and warmth, stalked through the snow, their bright white fur - an adaptation to the climate, as stealth was important even for them - leaving them almost invisible to those who weren't looking for them. Small tribes and packs of creatures, working together, one subordinate, the other superior...such was their way.

And soon, they would remove their competitors, and take their resources. Their food, their warmth. The tribes needed it. The packs craved it. And soon they would have it.

In the mountains surrounding Ko-Metru, multiple tribes of Frostelus, each with their own pack of Kavinika, were restless. The city, so near, so warm...they would have it. The caves they lived in currently were not warm. They were a needed protection from the wind...but they were not warm. The frozen plains surrounding Ta-Karda had their own share of Rahi, hidden from sight by large drifts of snow, by the frozen perspiration that was currently falling, that was always being kicked up by the wind as well. Near the outskirts of the city a Kavinika lay quietly, the watchful eyes of a nearby Frostelus focused on the city. This Frostelus, young, inexperienced, it seeked to gain standing by being one of the first into the cities, to take them. It watched a trio of beings make their way for a small shack...a Matoran, a Toa, and a Steltian. Two went into the little building, but the Toa, bright, red and bronze - fire, the Frostelus thought the man's element must be - he remained outside, watching. The Frostelus looked up at the sun, visible through the clouds for a moment - distant and uncaring, that sun - to check the time. And it was time.

The Frostelus growled out a command, the Kavinika next to it running quietly through the snow. Satisfied with the beast's following its order, the Frostelus turned, letting out a loud, ululating howl, letting all the others nearby - and further out, once the cry would be taken up - that the battle was now beginning.

In the mountains about Ko-Metru, meanwhile, a similar cry was taken up those few Frostelus who could climb highest upon the mountains, to view the city they were to attack. The echoing howl spread through the mountain valleys arrayed below them, being taken up by the other Frostelus, and by the Kavinika wolves they were to fight with. The smaller, first-strike parties ran first for the cities, aiming to disrupt the life there, and cause disorder, to make it easier for the rest to come in.

Back by Methroda's hut, Maira took a moment to look inside, chuckling briefly. "Looks about similar to my home," he said, "Though mine is part of a larger complex." He turned aside, looking out, past the rest of the city...before sensing something. A hot body, nearby, not one of those that was with him...coming closer. He turned, his sword whipping out of its sheathe, only to bury itself within the throat of a wolf that was running in.

"Methroda, Salah, I need the both of you to spread the message to the city," he growled at the two within the hut, who seemed to have heard the Kavinika that had been running up as well as he had, judging by the look of surprise on their faces. "We're being attacked, and we need every able-bodied person to help defend it!" Not waiting for an affirmative answer from either of them, he ran for Ta-Karda's northernmost sector, to spread word of the attack that was coming about - and to make sure all the guards that were there in their barracks were awake and ready to work.

Over in Ko-Metru, meanwhile, Kova quickly heard the baying of wolves, the howling of other Rahi outside, and his eyes narrowed. He looked over to Inicara, who seemed to have heard it as well, looking slightly surprised towards him.

"Inicara, it seems we'll have to put that trip off for a bit...And I do hope you have a weapon on you." Putting on his baldric, his sword hanging from it, the Toa of Ice strode out into the main room of the Senate House. There were a few in there, currently debating some odd topic or another - until he slammed his fist into the wall, gaining their attention...and once they quieted down, the howling outside was easily heard.

"All of you grab your weapons, and get ready to fight," he said, his hand already on his own sword. "I don't care if you like Rahi or don't, the people of Ko-Metru need you to protect them - and anybody who shirks that duty might find their own life forfeit."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Inicara

I was quick to follow Kova, it might of been his duty to protect the city and his people, but who was going to protect him? I was obviously. I was quick to retrieve my spear and coat near the entrance where I had left them. I had been itching for some action, I hadn't expected to find it in my own city though.

"Let's kick some Rahi butt."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda]

"Affirmative!" Methroda called with a nod, as Maira went running off. It seemed their trip would be delayed some. Looking to Salah, she said "You'd better warn the farmers. I'll head back to the inn, and rally up any fighters."

With that, she took off, running with the speed that only a Le-Matoran adventurer could hope to muster. During her run, she took out her crossbow, prepared to shoot down any beasties that thought to make for a quick meal.

[iC - Getedor] - [Ko-Metru] - [The Senate House]

As Kova gathered the people, Getedor approached, saying, "Adminstrator... Rahi don't attack cities, not like this. There's something else out there, and the wolves will leave if its gone. I beg you to reconsider this."

It appeared to be slipping his mind that wolves, not mysterious entities, were the ones attacking right now.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC (Salah)

Salah nodded gravely. “It seems tyrants are not the only ones interested in preying upon the weak tonight. I’ll be off then.” He pulled a light stone incased in a small glass container from his massive coat, hanging onto it via a small iron handle. With that, the revolutionary was off like a shot, one hand holding the lantern aloft, the other wielding his sword. As he ran, he shouted in a deep voice that could be heard even over the sounds of the attack. “The rahi are coming! The rahi are coming! Lock your doors and shield your children! Ready what weapons you can!”

A riding rahi would have made his job much easier.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"You would do well to remember that there are innocent men and women living in this very city, all of whom need protectors," Kova growled back at Getedor. "And that whatever controls the Rahi will likely be coming with them to attack - now, you have two choices. Protect the city and be happy about it, or protect the city and be unhappy about it. Choose quickly."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dracax (Ta-Karda Harbor)

The heat signatures...

They were moving.

Dracax was halwfay across the frozen lake towards the islet, having slowly edged out periodic waves of heat screenings when the pack he'd located suddenly began moving... moving in the direction of Ta-Karda.

"No"

Dracax turned on his heel and sprinted off in the direction of the Heart of Fire, gripping tightly around his staff as a orange glow surrounded it.

IC: Rezha (Ko-Metru)

"You heard the man"

I had walked back inside the Senate after hearing the Rahi's cries, weapons on hand to be used in the upcoming Skirmish. Ko-Metru was not my favorite place on earth (that'd be Stelt, actually), but it was a necessity, and I was going to protect it.

And Irnakk help whomever disagreed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

[iC - Getedor] - [Ko-Metru] - [The Senate House]

Getedor was at a loss for words. He stuttered a bit, before finally resigning himself to his job and running out of the building, towards the outdoors, to join in the defense.

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda] - [The Icicle Inn]

Methroda slammed the door open as she entered the Icicle Inn, alerting the entire inn to her presence.

"Alright boys!" she shouted, grasping her crossbow in one hand (aimed up) as she looked in on the assembled group of drunks, salesmen, off-duty guards, and miscellaneous. "We've got the hordes of Karzahni itself gathering on our doorstep. Foul wargs swarm in from the frozen plains, accompanied by only Mata-Nui knows what. Stand with me, and march to the defense!"

Her shouts were loud enough to be heard across the majority of the surrounding area, alerting pretty much everyone in a pretty wide area around the Inn what was going on. And as soon as she said it, she was off.

[iC - Saceron] - [Ta-Karda]

As Salah came running through the streets, Saceron - previously sitting lifeless in the far corners - stirred to action. Without a word, she began moving towards the outskirts of the city to join in the fight.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Odrek

Rahi attacking Ta-Karda? What was going on? He gritted his teeth and growled animalistically. Those Rahi were about to get what was coming to them for interrupting his work just as things were working out.

As he barreled through to the door, he slipped his gauntlets onto his fists.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Tekros

His jaw hung gaping for a few seconds, but he only needed that long to make his resolution. He turned to Teclorus and forced a half smile. "I'll take you up on that offer."

He immediately dropped his bag -- it was much too large to carry around in a battle -- and unsheathed his silver dagger. It was a trusty blade, but he wished then that he had invested in something a bit more hefty.

It would have to do. He barreled out the doorway.

sig8.png

Laer'dus was just enjoying himself with his peculiar new "friend" when he hears the ghastly noise of Kavinika howling in the distance. By the sound of it, all of Karzahni is upon us. This will be interesting. He quickly finished his exchange and stormed down the street. How peculiar, they sound much closer than I imagined, perhaps it isn't the heat after all. Regardless, someone's going to die tonight, and I need to make sure that someone isn't a much needed asset of mine.

"Oh, did I forget to mention my name? I'm Teclorus. One more thing though, everyone has their purpose, don't let your stat-" *Teclorus' little speech is interrupted by the howling* "Oh my..." he pauses for a moment then says "Find somewhere safe, I have to go help the people."

-he rushes out the door with his claw glowing...'

EDIT:

Suddenly, he stops and blinks. "did you just say what I thought you said?"

OOC: Well that escalated quickly! :D

Edited by ~garnira returns~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

He nearly tripped before he could stop himself to answer Teclorus. "Well, yeah, about doing something more than coping with cold." He paused before heading out. "Uh... why do you ask?"

OOC: I concur :P

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

"well, it's kind of unexpected! I mean, seems like less than 20 minutes ago you were afraid to even look at me. I have to say though, I like the change! Glad to have another person fighting for what's right!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

He smiled again. "I might have a... well, twisted tongue at times, but... it doesn't take that long for me to see a good man among the rest." He shrugged. "Well, my assumptions kind of... um, get me in trouble sometimes, but I'm usually right. About 90% of the time. 85%. Well..."

He shook his head and remembered the flood of people leaving the doorway that he was halfway blocking. He pointed his dagger toward the outside. "But one thing I'm sure of is that those rahi will only touch these matoran over my dead body."

sig8.png

IC: Zinyn (Icicle Inn)

Zinyn heard the news with shock. The Kavinika had never been this brazen. What would possibly drive them to attack a city full of people? Shaking his head, Zinyn moved away from the bar silently, letting the crowd of people rush through. He heard the tall Matoran/short Toa's declaration, and quietly wished he would have made it while moving. He needed out if he was going to help.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

It took a moment for Tekros to realize why a random Toa of Ice was staring at him impatiently. "Oh sorry! I uh, just..." He just then noticed several others staring as well. "Er..." He sidestepped and let the crowd pass through.

Well, that was embarrasing.

Dagger in hand, he kept his face low to hide his reddening face and quietly shuffled out the doorway. He wondered in his mind if it would still be a fair fight with all the wolves on their backs, laughing.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

The Metallic grey matoran grinned and squinted slightly. "Remember, don't put yourself in a situation you can't get out of. Only protect people, you don't need to go charging into a hoard of Kavinika unless it's absolutely necessary. Also, be wary of Frostelus and don't attack one unless you have backup. I've learned the hard way about digging your own grave(figuratively speaking)." *He taps the scar over his eye* "Now let's get going. Hopefully we can group up with a team of Toa or Skakdi."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC [icicle Inn]:

Novvah's knowledge of history and accurate predictions made him smiled with satisfaction. Through years of pondering words of the ancients, the prophecy carved on library tablets had finally began to fulfill its long-forgotten promises. All great epics described starts with a seeming normal and minor accident, yet bizarre in the same time. Novvah can tell that this so-called Rahi assault can be just that trigger for something much greater. He can see his two newly-made comrades rush out of the building, pulling out their weapons and unleashing their inner stress and desires as they rush toward the scene. So seemingly noble and selfless, yet so dishonest in the same time. Novvah laughed lightly at the sight, his thoughts penetrating the superficial.

And again, Novvah's mind zooms forward, back into his ambition. The Phantoka requires more power, and the best way to recruit is, of course, through fame and might... or fear. The Toa and the Skakdi are going to be his very first tool of purpose and the very first ticket toward a balanced society. His vision doesn't show the presence of these two on the road toward greatness for his people, but for the time being they are here to stay. He can't afford to discard such valuable tools ...yet.

Having a very different mind-set from those who are screaming in the name of their fake mask of justice and courageousness, Novvah grabbed his Staff of Phantoka and entered the coldness outside. "Mr. Tapio, consider this yer first club activity in the Phantoka, eh?." He said to the new Ko-Matoran Phantoka representative, while walking after his newly-made ally Odrek and Vokahi.

OOC: Made some edits to make the post flow better and show some of Novvah's personality.

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

This is why he usually held his tongue, considering he looked like a circus matoran already. He kept his face low as he replied. "Good plan..."

He shook it off and concentrated on Teclorus's words. The grey matoran knew was he was talking about, so it seemed best for Tekros to follow his lead for the battle.

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC: Zinyn

The Toa moved after the Su-Person and his friend as silently as he'd been staring, allowing other people to get ahead of him as he followed the crowd toward the attack site. As he trotted behind the wave of people he fully opened his cloak, unhooked the rod attached to his belt and swiped it to his left, extending it to its full length. Around him people were saying things like "watch for the Frostelus" and "don't let a Kavinika get on top of you."

The way Zinyn saw it, the best way to make sure you didn't get jumped or stomped on was to take care of your enemy before he was within the reach of a sword. He broke into a run, eyes scanning for a good sniper nest near the battlefield.

OOC: How far out are the Rahi? Thanks, Otter. See y'all somewhere in the city.

Edited by Zox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Teclorus looks back to make sure Tekros wasn't lost in the crowd. To his surprise, he finds a toa of ice trailing him!

"Oh! Tagging along? From the sounds of it, we're going to need all the help we can find!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife