Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC-Raxa:And that gave Raxa all the time he needed to have his crossbow out, quickly loading it and aiming it for Heulrak's neck, his smile gone, now."Leave," he commanded. "Now. Your Calix won't be fast enough to get you out of the way of a poisoned dart at this range, and, despite appearances, I really don't want to kill anybody today. So be a good sadistic psychopath and leave, alright?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: HeulrakThe Onu-Toa's beady, hate-filled eyes darted from Raxa, to the crossbow aimed at his neck, as if calculating. With a grunt, Heulrak's eyes narrowed, and looked back at Raxa. "Fine," he said, turning away from the two Toa of Crystal and started walking away.Heulrak stopped, and looked over his shoulder. "But if I catch her anywhere near my stuff, well, you won't always be there to save her," he added with a laugh, before continuing on down the street.IC: MirehuThe young Toa of Crystal watched the gigantic Toa leave, her heartlight still flashing rapidly, before glancing at Raxa. She'd never actually been helped before, and Mirehu didn't know what to expect. "Um. Thanks?" she said nervously, shaking from the adrenaline dump.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Raxa:"Not a problem," Raxa muttered, shaking his head. "Heulrak has always managed to annoy me, so I figured I might do well to get somebody out of his trouble." He turned to Mirehu after a moment, raising an eyebrow."You certainly seem to be the worse for wear," he observed. "For a while now."

profiles i guess

IC: MirehuThe Toa of Crystal just nodded, the bag in her hand held like it was the only thing keeping her standing at the moment. And it might have been, the thought of it anyway. "I, um, should go," Mirehu finally managed to say, calming herself down just a bit. She'd never been that close to being caught. Ever.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Raxa:"Nonsense," Raxa said, putting a hand on Mirehu's shoulder, his silent command easily evident in the gesture. "Heulrak might just decide that with me gone, he can do what he wants with you-and now that I've helped you, he'll likely do worse." The Toa of Crystal smiled, somewhat."I'm both a blessing and a curse, but let's hope that I can be less of the latter, more of the first, eh?"

profiles i guess

IC-Raxa:"I've seen uncleaned armour before-you would save more money replacing yours, no joke," the taller Toa of Crystal replied, laughing somewhat. "But, I do know a good armoursmith, and--" in a second, the bag of widgets that Mirehu had in her hand was now in Raxa's, who was tossing it around like he'd had it the whole time."Counting my finder's fee, and the smith's cost for armour, this should be just enough," he said innocently.

profiles i guess

IC: IlliciaIllicia wasn't a Vortixx with a very good poker face, and she knew it. Until Dorian had come along and changed the status quo of her life, she hadn't needed one. Suddenly she had all these feelings that hadn't existed before, at least for her. It had been a very, very long time since she hadn't been completely satisfied, since she had wanted more. She slipped out of bed lifted up the sheets to retrieve her gun from underneath, and fastened it back to her thigh. Wait a minute... "What happened to Naryth's pistol?" she asked absent-mindedly, making sure the weapon was secure.

IC: MirehuThe Toa's eye went wide, really fast, as she looked from her hands to the bag of widgets Raxa was tossing around. That son of a- Her eyes narrowed, and she protested, "You can't just take that, I stole it fair!"Mirehu didn't have a problem stealing from others, but she did have a problem with people who took stuff from her. Growing up here taught her to keep anything valuable close.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Raxa:"But, it's for a good reason!" Raxa said in mock surprise. "We're going to get you some new armour, spiff you up and everything-it'll be great!" In a second, though, the pouch of widgets was back in Mirehu's hands, Raxa walking on as if nothing at all had happened."So, how long have you been thieving like this, if the gangs haven't forced you to work for them yet?"

profiles i guess

IC: MirehuThe Toa of Crystal sighed. Well, it wasn't like she was going to spend them on anything else. "As long as I can remember," Mirehu stated. It wasn't a subject that she wanted to discuss, because it brought back memories that were best left alone. Her tone of voice was enough for Raxa to tell.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Sinina, Xa-KoroThe fact that the Toa of Crystal was being so cospicuous and flashy annoyed Sinina immensely, almost beyond what she believed possible. She would have preferred if he attempted to hunt her down, so that she could have the satisfaction of murdering him in a ironic fashion. However, Sinina had no real plans constructed on that scenario, so it was a trival matter, quickly forgotten as she considered the best way to kill him at this range, several dozen meters from her location.OOC: Specifics? Who needs specifics?

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Dorian (Hotel, Xa-Koro)"Lost it in a fight a while back. I don't really mind. Nice to get back to the roots," I replied easily, turning away from the window and moving towards the door, feeling the peaceful warmth of sunlight spreading from the center of my back in an outwards perimeter, towards my shoulders and waist. Illicia followed closely, like a puppy, careful not to let me out of her sight again; fortunately for her, I didn't disappoint. Xa-Koro was a city of the night, populated mainly by those unable or unwilling to rear their heads towards the sun, but this wasn't a problem for the Vortixx and I as we cut our way through the crowds, slowly thinning as dawn came forth like a king, awaiting his birthright. A laser dot brushed a brutish-looking Skakdi, all teeth yet no smile, about ten yards away from me. Marfoir. A shadow brushed a rooftop like paint on canvas before disappearing again, clinging to the final ruins of nighttime left in the morning's wake: Sev, perhaps, or maybe Jin? Another look at the Skakdi: Mikrok in disguise? Bad Company, it seemed, was everywhere, around me at all times, yet the one person I wanted most was nowhere to be seen.Brykon.An odd couple if ever there was, he and I: the old crow, the Brutal Bard, the Emperor of the Cage Fight, Lord of the Rings - teehee - and a poet who crafted stanzas penned in sweat and blood, shed long before the time came they could be formed into words, compared to me, the young cardinal, the Dapper Duelist, a vicious street fighter who thirsted for blood who was as devious as the devil's grin and twice as sharp. I was a protege that none would have expected of him, and yet, at the same time, there was no one who was better for the role. Both of us knew it, and though at times both of us despised it, Brykon was the one man who could truly keep me in his place when it was necessary. Unlike the rest of Bad Company, I respected him not for the paychecks he delivered, nor the prowess in fighting that we all knew he possessed; I respected Brykon because of his personality, shrouded in enigma yet always upfront, smooth in speech and yet not afraid to back up his threats with brute force if need be. Though he was gruffer, his tone long mangled by the combined force of cigar smoke and hard alcohol pouring down his throat, his words carried the same resonating force mine did. We were nothing alike, and yet, at heart, we were everything alike. I fought for him because, when I looked at Brykon, I saw what I would probably end up being down the line, and if I couldn't trust myself, there was nothing at all I could trust.There he was. The leader of Bad Company was standing in the streets, cherry red lit tip of the cigar hanging precariously over his prominent chin, making him appear as though he were a caricature of a mobster, a figure you'd find in a cartoon. I knew, from the look in his deep eyes as he gazed at me, that eventually we'd fight again, and this time, I didn't have a Mark. This time, however, I had the experience of having fought against far more powerful opponents than Brykon and holding my own: my speed, durability, and strength had all improved drastically in the ring of combat against Anthyn and Heuani, and I'd spent time both honing my elemental prowess, weaponry skills, and battle techniques. In the brief time I'd wielded my pistol, I effectively turned myself into a mid-range combatant, so no longer was I completely incompetent on that front, eitherBrykon had Bad Company, greater strength and years of experience, all gifted to him by his stature as the old crow. This time, however, the young cardinal was more ready to face him, and even without a tattoo, I knew I could take him. It was just a matter of when.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC-Raxa:"And you haven't been recruited by any one gang?" Raxa asked, a slight amount of surprise-and, seemingly, respect-evident in his voice. "Good on you." By now, Mirehu would likely have noticed something-Raxa's eyes were constantly flickering about, taking in every detail of his surroundings. And there was one detail he'd noticed, and the ghost of a smile played on his lips. He'd seen the barest hint of a hand pop out of the shadows, close by to where they would soon be walking towards, and what appeared to be a white tatoo. He wasn't sure on the last, but he knew he'd seen the first.And knowing some of the people in Xa-Koro, no matter who it was, there was a good possibility they might just be after him."Mirehu, move over to my left side, slightly behind me," the Toa of Crystal whispered. "I think there's somebody watching us."

profiles i guess

IC: MirehuWordlessly, the Toa of Crystal followed Raxa's instuctions. Years of living here taught her when to just follow. Raxa was always watching, she noted, like herself. Only, he seemed more.. confident then her.Perhaps it was the way he'd treated Heulrak, who Mirehu was terrified of.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Raxa:"Now, make sure you have a knife, or something, handy to use," Raxa commanded, his lips seeming to stay stationary. "If things don't go well, a fight is likely to start. If that happens, cut yourself free of anybody attacking us and run. Find someplace to lay low, Karz, you could even go to the island. Got it?"

profiles i guess

IC-Raxa:The thing that Heulrak forgot was Raxa's penchant for acting in an unexpected manner, to surprise even a Calix-user's reflexes. One of his crystalline darts quickly whipped out from one hand, and as Heulrak dodged it, his neck landed right in the Toa of Crystal's hand, and he had his Pakari active."I don't quite think you understand, Heulrak," Raxa growled, good-naturedly, his smile still shining at the Toa of Earth. "Normally, I don't care much when people take the law into their own hands. With you, however, the thought makes me sick. You would subject everybody to brutal torture, or maim them, or cripple them, or any number of other punishments, if they merely ripped your cloak. Or, at least, that's the view you've given me." His hand squeezed, suddenly, starting to cut off the Toa of Earth's air that he held."Release my sister here, and I won't break you in so many places that doctors will take a look at your skeleton and wonder just what sort of depraved creature I am. Continue with what you're doing, and worse will likely happen to you," he said cheerfully.
IC: HeulrakThe Onu-Toa's beady, hate-filled eyes darted from Raxa, to the crossbow aimed at his neck, as if calculating. With a grunt, Heulrak's eyes narrowed, and looked back at Raxa. "Fine," he said, turning away from the two Toa of Crystal and started walking away.Heulrak stopped, and looked over his shoulder. "But if I catch her anywhere near my stuff, well, you won't always be there to save her," he added with a laugh, before continuing on down the street.IC: MirehuThe young Toa of Crystal watched the gigantic Toa leave, her heartlight still flashing rapidly, before glancing at Raxa. She'd never actually been helped before, and Mirehu didn't know what to expect. "Um. Thanks?" she said nervously, shaking from the adrenaline dump.
OOC:Previous post edited.IC: Makkan and Takari observed the two Toa of Crystal and Toa of Earth. The comment on Heulrak's nature caught Makkan's attention-as much as he disliked bringing one in, it sounded like he might make a good recruit or ally for the Inferno. If nothing else, he was obviously wealthy-a potential target. Makkan followed him on a floating stone platform. "How would you like to make those widgets back-and more? Because, from the description I caught of you, you sound like my boss's type."

OOC: Plantlife now that's he's a PC, but doesn't really matter.IC: HeulrakThe massive Ve-Toa looked at Makkan as if he were something he found under his polished, armored boot. If there was one thing that the crime lord hated, it was competition. Competition needed to be eleminated. "The widgets mean nothing to me," the Toa of Plantlife replied, absentmindedly flexing his ripped arms. "Although," Heulrak added, "I would like to meet your boss before I turn down such a gracious offer."So that I can kill him. Oh, won't this be fun.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Raxa:After a short while Raxa and Mirehu stopped, the smaller, worse-off Toa of Crystal having been settled into the spot right where Raxa wanted her-the blind spot of the person who was watching them, as she leaned against the wall next to him."So, Mirehu," he began, "How long have you lived in Xa-Koro? All your life?" Meanwhile, he slowly rolled his eyes up and to his right, showing where the person watching them would be, barely mouthing 'be careful.'

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: Plantlife now that's he's a PC, but doesn't really matter.IC: HeulrakThe massive Ve-Toa looked at Makkan as if he were something he found under his polished, armored boot. If there was one thing that the crime lord hated, it was competition. Competition needed to be eleminated. "The widgets mean nothing to me," the Toa of Plantlife replied, absentmindedly flexing his ripped arms. "Although," Heulrak added, "I would like to meet your boss before I turn down such a gracious offer."So that I can kill him. Oh, won't this be fun.
IC:Takari noted that the two Toa of Crystal seemed to be faring well. Takari could...sympathsize with Mirehu's situation, being that his own was not too far away. Recruiting a fairly innocent Toa was something that he simply couldn't do. So he turned away to check Makkan's luck. "Although," Heulrak added, "I would like to meet your boss before I turn down such a gracious offer.""Then come with us. We'll lead you to Vilor. You should be pleased to meet the Black Inferno."With that taken care of, Takari led the way towards the south beach.

Ic: Brykon had spent weeks doing what amounted to security wetwork, killing off a person here to protect assets there. His main responsibility, as was assigned by the woman he met in Onu-Koro, was to ensure order prevailed. Currently, by executive order, he was not only known as Colonel Brykon Senegal but as Sheriff of Xa-Koro, a position punctuated by the badge on his chest armor and the cudgel always at his side. It was Aurelia's idea to return the name of "Senegal" to him and Brykon reluctantly submitted; it was a name the denizens of the town recognized and could give hushed tones of respect towards as a macho man who, it was known, could best the most prominent barfighters in town, in part because he had been one for a long time. Every now and then he ran into someone he had bashed the face of, and they would give him a nod of respect and beat people up when he ordered them to, but by and large the real power of law was held in the hands of what he knew was Bad Company. They were the deputies, the enforcers, the detectives. All this to protect the work of Aurelia.Brykon drew a long drag from his thick cigar, watching the people move about in the repaired street. Nobody paid attention to him there and then; honor to the law was not inherent in these people, they just knew that Brykon represented it, so no signs of obeisance or smiles were given or expected. He scanned the crowd anyway, if only out of habit. Then he saw him: Dorian. Nobody could miss that flashy scarf, but it wasn't the telltale garb that Brykon took note of, it was those eyes. Dorian was paying attention to him, setting him apart from everyone else. Illicia seemed to be with him, too. Great, was all he thought to himself. Still, that was not the suitable place for a reunion.Turning away, Brykon walked away and his heels hit the wooden sidewalk with dull thuds as he authoritatively strode down the path that lined the muddy morning street. He was leading Dorian on another chase. Come, he could also hear himself think to Dorian, let me show you what you've been missing.

IC: HeulrakOh but I am pleased... Just not as you expect, the gigantic Toa of Plantlife thought, as he followed the two Toa towards the southern beach of the small island. His heavy foot steps announcing his presence to those around, the smarter ones got out of his way, the slower ones were casually pushed aside."Certainly, my business has grown little recently, and any help is greatly wanted," he lied to the two beings. Something Heulrak had had much practice with.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Dorian (Xa-Koro)He's giving me a tour."I want you to break off and head down the alleyway that branches off by that general store," I murmured to Illicia. "Marfoir's sniper nest is on the third floor. Encircle him and take up a shot behind him; I don't feel like getting gunned down if Brykon's baiting me. The second you see him positioning a shot, shoot to incapacitate you understand me?"Illicia nodded and followed my instructions to the letter, leaving me to follow the Brutal Bard - he had the advantage, being able to easily pick me out of the crowd. That had to be changed, so I unraveled the scarf from around my neck and tossed it around the neck of a street urchin, who smiled up at me gratefully as I kept moving past, trailing Brykon. His every step was dignified, assured; he didn't see me as a threat. Smiling to myself, I followed the Colonel down the street, listening to the silent slish slosh of mud being pushed out of the streets - were the streets this nice the last time I was here? I couldn't recall them being this nice underneath all the swamp muck - and trailed him through every twist and turn.What are you trying to show me, Bry-Bry?-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Hmm, maybe we should just bloody find Seven already. :3IC: Wraith - Kumu Islets -Wraith continued with his companions in the search for their missing friends, he had a feeling they weren't too far from finding them. But if he didn't find them soon he would most likely resort to using his Iden.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Wraith - Kumu Islets -Wraith sighed, this was getting nowhere fast. "Make sure nothing happens to my body..." As soon as he said that his eyes closed and his body went completely limp, slowly falling backwards toward the ground, hopefully they'd be quick enough to catch him or he'd have a rather nasty headache later. Meanwhile, Wraith's spirit began to speed through the dense swamp, he started to rise higher and higher so he'd get a bigger view of the area. And that's when he spotted her, wandering aimlessly through the swamp. He took a moment to memorize the location before heading back toward his body.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Jin)This was getting good.Brykon- I'd seen the guy before, but had never matched the name to the face. Now I could understand why he was so renowned. He was built like a tank, and had a dangerous feeling about him. All the best people do; they don't have to prove that they're lethal- you can just tell.I stayed on the rooftops, in the shadows as much as I could. My earlier soreness had turned out to be stiffness more than anything else- after a half hour limbering up, I was in just about tip-top condition. I had a feeling I wouldn't regret it; Dorian may have promised me a job, but no employer in my business will hire you without a test first, especially when they boast of being "the best of the best."I followed Dorian for now, keeping an eye on him and the man he, in turn, was following. Things were getting interesting, indeed.

Ic: Brykon simply walked with his swagger, not looking back or caring to. He knew Dorian would follow; it was in his nature. The puppy would always follow the hound, and if there were pups smaller than the puppy, they would follow it in turn.Aurelia sat in her own room, looking prim and near with golden jewelry and pearl necklaces adorning her golden outfit of fabric and armor, and analyzed her iStone's screen. The images were simple, mere sketches of their real-life counterparts, but they served their purpose as the Peer saw things through Dorian's eyes. She made a note and gave it to one of her juvenile servants who ran off with it. Aurelia remained attentive to the screen. She and others had been waiting for this moment for a long time.****Brykon stalked by rustic shops of all sorts of flavours. It seemed that despite the cleaning up of Xa-Koro, it remained a mishmash of cultures and trades, and each building seemed to be different than the other. The shops, too, were stocked with wares of varying types; a simple bakery made of straw and leaves manned by a matoran could share the address with a Skakdi in a brick pottery shop. Brykon was taking Dorian on a tour of this seeming civilization of the village. The streets were clear of sut and ash and were just strips of dirt and mud, though the swamp gave way to bridges and dams which connected portions of land. It seemed as if the entire village center had been rebuilt.In the throng of pedestrians, a group of waifs stormed by Brykon, one of them clandestinely passing the note made by Aurelia to him. He cautiously looked at it as he snuffed his cigar and reached for another."Two more: Illicia. Other, on rooftop."Brykon crumpled the note and shoved it in a crevice in his armor and continued his stroll.

IC: Dorian (Village Center, Xa-Koro)What's your game, Bry?There had to be something, logically, that he was leading me towards: all journeys had a climax, and while I'm sure Brykon in another life could have had a long and fascinating career in city planning and interior design, the fact was he was a massive hulk of a man who had made his life pounding in faces like mine for pay, and despite the ruse he had going here of being an honest lawman in a shady town, I knew better. I also knew that somewhere, somehow, something still held sway over him. This meant, for those keeping track at home, that that something also had sway over me, and if it was mad, I was screwed.Illicia was monitoring Marfoir, making sure he didn't slip up, but I couldn't see anyone else--Wait. Jin. Rooftops. Trailing me. Good. She had a solid lookout on anything that could be coming at me from the sides or from behind, and Brykon was a barrier between whatever lay in front. No doubt that the Bard thought he had me following along blindly. Good.I passed by the fountain and inched three paces closer to Brykon, and I was now within distance that I could see his muscles poking out from his armor. The chase was almost over.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME