Ever had a set that was missing pieces out of the box?

Klanadack

And I mean sets bought from stores, misb, that didn't have all the pieces needed to complete the set, due to an error.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Did you guys know that you can send in replacement part orders to LEGO? I have had missing parts in some of the sets I got/bought, and I just sent in an order to replace them, and they did.

One time I had lot my Mistika Tahu's mask(prolbaly fell down a heat vent), and I send a missing parts order to LEGO and they sent me a new one(this was like last year!).

Another time I had wreaked a minifig helmet with some model glue, the kind of glue that melts plastic(don't ask me what I was doing, I don't remeber). I sent in a broken piece report, telling what happened, and they sent a replacement. Except they didn't have the moulds anymore for it, so they sent my the equivalent of the piece that was broken in other types of helmets.

I just thought you guys should know, even if it was 4 years ago, or 10 year ago that LEGO should replace your missing parts.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

I'm pretty sure my first Gali set was missing the trans yellow eye piece, and since it was my first Toa set ever, i was a bit confused as to how to put on the head. I eventually got a replacement when I bought the mask packs back in the day, which originally came with an extra head and eye piece.

My Lewa Phantoka set was also missing the lime green chest armor when I got it in 2008, and for that I was able to call in and get a replacement shipped to me.

:music:

Only once and that was when i bought my rahkshi lerahk(green) in legoland in billund denmark. After i bought it we were relaxing and eating refreshments and i was in the middle of finishing on the table but one 2 length black plusrod was missing and i got it exchanged for a new one.

Turns out i got lucky in the process, after i got back home to iceland after the vacation i checked a online kraata power level guide and turns out the original had a level 2 kraata but my replacement set had a much stronger level 4 kraata.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

I've got a funny story for this one :D

So I was missing one of Mahri Nuparu's trans-yellow light thingies from his back, so I called in Lego to get a replacement. Sure thing, they sent it over, except the envelope was empty, save a bubble wrap with a hole. I called Lego again, and the same thing happened.

I ended up going to their office to get it personally. Seems there may be some dishonest postmen in my area? It was nice I got to see parody Barraki sets in their office anyway :D

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

• 1 month later...

Not so much a missing piece rather than a wrong piece. We got a system plate with the wrong dimensions in the fire department set from 2007.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I distinctly recall having trouble finishing one of those mini playset things, forgot what they were called. It was the 2005 Toa's tower thing with the giant gate shaped like Vakama's face. There was one little piece definitely missing, I looked everywhere. 'Twas really frustrating. I may have lost it somehow but I don't recall ever finding it, so...

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

The Lego replacement part service thing is really good. I've used it before and they're brilliant. What other company replaces parts from ten year old sets?

Anyway, I got a Power Miners set missing a grey valve type thing on it, the piece that looks like a tap thing. Lego replaced it without question. :D

I have only encountered one set with a missing piece in my entire time of collecting Lego. Back in 2004, I got one of the minifig-scale Knights' Kingdom sets and one of the dark grey bricks was missing. I figured that it wasn't that big a deal, since I could just substitute one of the old bricks from my collection. However, looking at it some time later, I noticed that the old brick stuck out like a store thumb in the middle of the new ones. And for the first time, I realized Lego had completely changed the shade of their grey bricks.

Dangit.

Edited by Pranciblad

• 2 weeks later...

I got an Antroz that had a broken axle once. Also got the wrong blade piece in the click set.

Edited by Flamewing Studios

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I've had a few of these over the years. Customer service tends to correct them quickly enough that I usually forget about it - and most of the time I've needed to call them, it's actually been a malformed piece instead of a missing piece.

First set that comes to mind for a truly missing piece is 4554 Metro Station. For malformed pieces, I definitely remember a large plate being wrong in 10182 Cafe Corner, and an anti-stud in a slope not being functional in 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise.

• 3 weeks later...

Brutaka was missing half of his weapon! We returned him and got a replacement.

My Brutaka was missing the entire weapon. I called LEGO and got replacement parts. I've never 100% trusted LEGO since.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Can't recall missing any pieces, but there was one time with the Kikanalo set that one of the thigh guards/rahkshi backs was severely misshapen. It looked like it had been run over.

Though I might have been missing something from my slave 1 set. Can'r remember and I think it was able to just stay missing.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 4 weeks later...

I think the only time this has happened to me was with Toa Matoro back in '06. It was missing one of those blue half-axle/half-circular connectors that attach his neck to his torso. I just took one from a Knight's Kingdom set I had...I'm sure King Mathus won't mind missing his head.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

My Alien Obliterator (Bug Obliterator? It was an orange Galaxy Squad thing.) was missing one of those pin/axle connectors. Just one. I don't care. I'm not even going to do anything about it.

:hau:

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

I don't think I've ever gotten any with missing pieces. I heard from a friend (actually, I think it was LoTR_Nui Madu Cabolo), though, that he got a set that was already built, in the sealed canister. But that's about all the weird experiences I've had with sets, I think.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 3 weeks later...

can that even happen missing pieces and if it can what can you do.

It can happen by packaging mistakes, but it's very unlikely. If it does happen, you can call LEGO and they'll usually send you replacements for free.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!