The Fuuuuuuuture

JPNML

Yeah, uh, hi. I semi-returned. Anyways, this topic is about keeping your Lego. How long will you keep them? What will you do with them?

For me, I've decided to keep my lego for as long as possible. If I keep them to an age where I have children, I will go build a Bionicle(s), give it to my child, and say "Here's one of the coolest toys ever. You can build it, customize it, and make stories with it. Go knock yourself out."

UNRELATED: I'm trying to get back on here, but real life keeps slapping me in the face. Yeah...

• Upvote 1

Well, let me put it this way;

Kid: Daddy, what was your childhood like?

Me: Well, son, it started when six canisters washed ashore on a golden beach, and new, and powerful legends were born.

Bionicle has touched me, I feel. After staying with me for over a decade, it represents something extremely dear and important to me. And after the LEGO Movie proved that they can still entertain me immensely to this day, I don't think I'll lever let go of it completely.

• Upvote 5

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I think I'll do what I can to hang on to my Bionicles and Legos, though I may need to slightly cull my collection for the sake of space.

I definitely think that I'd like my kids to experience them as I did.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

If I keep them to an age where I have children, I will go build a Bionicle(s), give it to my child, and say "Here's one of the coolest toys ever. You can build it, customize it, and make stories with it. Go knock yourself out."

This is why I go on the Internet. People get me and we think alike!

Anyway, for me, I wanna keep my LEGOs. They changed my life! When I get to the right age, I'm going on an unhealthy BIONICLE frenzy! I'm gonna blow most of my spending money (but at least buy food and drink) on sets and pieces for projects I have planned. But all of this will have to wait until I have spare time, of course. Trust me, my love of LEGO and BIONICLE will live on.

Edited by Sybre the Mental

mindeth the cobwebs

i don't see myself ever getting rid of my collection, if i can help it. at worst i may have keep it at my parents' place for a while for the sake of space. but i'll likely continue collecting and building with Lego through my adulthood - like Sumiki said, it's not something you can outgrow.

I've already pretty much completely lost interest in Lego and honestly I do feel like I just outgrew it

eventually I'm gonna sell most of my collection off but I'll probably keep a few favorites if only out of nostalgia

alright ok get outta here ya party pooper you're evidently way too mature for this site

• Upvote 2

I've held on to them for years, but I'll probably be moving soon and forced to leave them behind. I'll probably store them somewhere and get them back as soon as I have space, but I'll miss them.

If they are ever gone for good, though, I'll probably try to rebuild my collection.

IetTsFQ.png

I'm actually planning to slowly introduce my children to Bionicle, beginning around the age of eight.

When they turn eight, I'll basically pace out giving them stuff related to Bionicle in 2001. Then, when they're nine, I'll introduce 2002 to them, etc.

That being said, yeah, I'm definitely keeping all of my LEGOs and Bionicles.

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

My Lego will stay with me forever, I think. It's going to be somewhat of a hassle deciding which of it is mine and which belongs to my little brother, of course, but I don't need to worry about that until one of us has a place of our own.

As for my Bionicle sets... eh. When Bionicle was still going I thought they'd be important to me forever, but since it's ended I've found less use in them than I'd anticipated, and most of my sets have spent the past year boxed up in their canisters. I suppose I might sell some of them at some point if I'm in need of cash and find a buyer who will pay a fair price.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I plan on keeping all my Lego sets for the foreseeable future. I don't plan on having kids, but if I do, I'll probably pass them on to them. Otherwise, they will probably just stay in my room and be dust collectors reminders of my childhood. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 2 weeks later...

How long will I keep it?

5EVER

But seriously though. LEGO is so useful for creative brain exercise, and I can't really imagine living without the ability to physicalize so many weird ideas I have. Plus, it's a great way to bond and play with any kids you might eventually have.

Well, let me put it this way;

Kid: Daddy, what was your childhood like?

Me: Well, son, it started when six canisters washed ashore on a golden beach, and new, and powerful legends were born.

Bionicle has touched me, I feel. After staying with me for over a decade, it represents something extremely dear and important to me. And after the LEGO Movie proved that they can still entertain me immensely to this day, I don't think I'll lever let go of it completely.

This.

Definitely going to introduce Bionicle to my kids. Year by year, building up the story like we experienced it.

• Upvote 2

I'll probably keep mine until I die, and then put in my will that my house be converted into the Master Inika Memorial BIONICLE Museum, and 90% of the profits are to go to the benefit of kittens and orphans everywhere. On an unrelated note, I'm never having kids, so that won't be an issue.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I still collect LEGO to this day. I have no plans to get rid of my collection in the near or distant future as of yet.

In the long run, I don`t see myself having kids, but if that does happen, I will allow them to play with my sets so long as I feel they are old enough. I do have a plan to just save my things from childhood, even outside of LEGO and show them to my kids and/or my brothers` kids and show them what life was like when we were growing up. I would assume my sets would follow in that course of action.

For now, however, it is a continued source of inspiration for me, and I see no reason to discontinue my hobby.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 4 weeks later...

My mom keeps telling me to hang onto my Lego until I get to college, then sell it for some spare cash. I have finally seen how fast cash can disappear, and getting back all my old Lego would be no easy feat. Thing that sucks the most is that most of my Bionicle collection actually belongs to my brother, and most of the bricksets belong to me. I am way more into the story of Bionicle than my brother, he just likes the toys. It will be hard seeing all my favorite Bionicle go, that it why I am probably just going to... BUY THEM OFF MY BROTHER BOO YEAH! But seriously, I intend on taking ALL THE LEGO. I will probably get a storage locker to rent and put everything in there. Greed has overcome. Lego has given me Greed, Envy and Wrath!

So yeah, I am going to take all the Lego.

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

I'm definitely hanging on to my LEGOs, I've got a brother nine years younger than me so if anything he can have it in his possession for a long while even if it's inconvenient for me, like if I move out. Honestly, by the time it's time for him to move out, I'll prolly have a kid of my own, and they'll inherit my collection :P

I really have no intention of giving 'em up, I acknowledged my fate as an AFOL a long time ago.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 4 weeks later...

I insisted on having them stored, because I'm sure I'll want to dig them out one day. Since I have everything from the first two years and then some, I could probably sell the lot for a good price, but I wouldn't bring myself to do that on a whim. I'll probably snap up some of the later sets, because I always wanted to get more ambitious with MOCs and having more different parts will surely help with that. Other than that, I'll probably end up giving them to younger relatives if they ever discover the franchise, but I see that as being highly unlikely.

Of course, if I ever manage to build something impressive, then you guys will be the first to know! I'd hopefully end up creating Metroid characters, because that franchise has a special place in my heart. If anyone's seen some especially great examples of such a thing, then I'd be all eyes.

Formerly LavaMaster32, circa 2002. I got misty-eyed for this place again. R.I.P. Greatest Lego Franchise Ever.

Someday, I will take all of my LEGO's, put them in a huge bonfire-like pile, set them on fire bonfire-style, take the melted LEGO, put it into a massive LEGO shaped mold, let it cool and voilà! A massive LEGO brick. Then I'll rinse and repeat until I have enough massive LEGO bricks to build something awesome. No one can shake the LEGO out of me. :)

-Rez

• Upvote 1

Someday, I will take all of my LEGO's, put them in a huge bonfire-like pile, set them on fire bonfire-style, take the melted LEGO, put it into a massive LEGO shaped mold, let it cool and voilà! A massive LEGO brick. Then I'll rinse and repeat until I have enough massive LEGO bricks to build something awesome. No one can shake the LEGO out of me. :)

-Rez

And from the ashes of my childhood.. forms a new age of brick..

I'd say I'd give my kids my bionicles to play with, but the thought of children tearing apart and breaking my complete 01-03 collection sickens me..

I'll lock them up.

In a vault.

Forever

• Upvote 1

Tu2d6W7.jpg