Review: Ultimate Bionicle

CyclonatorZ

ultimate_bionicle.png

Read here.

FAQ

Q: What is the gist of this fanfiction?

A: To retell Bionicle in the style of Marvel's Ultimate Comics, which is to say that there will be no original characters, and the core of the mythos will stay the same, but there will also be a lot of changes and tweaks.

Q: How is this being written?

A: Cold, and I have no idea whether I'll finish it or not. Feedback of any kind might help drive at least the first epic to a conclusion, though

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

So, the idea here is basically to do your own retelling of the Bionicle mythos, complete with recognizable names and everything?

This immediately explains several things I took issue with, for example the indication that Lhii actually existed, when he was just a mythical figure based on Lhikan, and also the numerous gender-flips of characters like Jaller, Maglya, etc.

And with that said, I do have to say that I find myself enjoying this first chapter a good deal. You have admirable skill with words and you seem to have a good handle on the characters as well, and you very clearly and consistently exhibit a good understanding of how Lava Farmers and Guards would act in given conditions, I felt like I was reading an actual conversation.

This was a very impressive start, and I hope to see this story continue.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

So, the idea here is basically to do your own retelling of the Bionicle mythos, complete with recognizable names and everything?

This immediately explains several things I took issue with, for example the indication that Lhii actually existed, when he was just a mythical figure based on Lhikan, and also the numerous gender-flips of characters like Jaller, Maglya, etc.

And with that said, I do have to say that I find myself enjoying this first chapter a good deal. You have admirable skill with words and you seem to have a good handle on the characters as well, and you very clearly and consistently exhibit a good understanding of how Lava Farmers and Guards would act in given conditions, I felt like I was reading an actual conversation.

This was a very impressive start, and I hope to see this story continue.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess there's hope for my writing yet. I'll see if I can't whip up another chapter in the next couple of days. :)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.