Lego in Pop Culture

Makuta of Time

In case your wondering, this is not about the Lego Movie. I'm talking about seeing a Lego set theme on a TV show that you've seen in the past or now. I was just watching the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon, when a funny segment came in called Pros and Cons. These Pros and Cons were about watching the Oscars, and on the third or fourth Con, he showed a picture of minifigure Emmet when he said, "This guy; "

So are there any other shows where you've seen a Lego Set? This also includes Bionicle.

• Upvote 1

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Brickipedia actually has a big article that lists many references to LEGO (and has some about Bionicle). See this page on Brickipedia.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

That counts. Any video that is basically non LEGO oriented.

Edit: I remember the joke now since I'm watching the show again. This The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Pros and Cons about watching the Oscars.

Pro: Getting to see the biggest star in Hollywood right now

Con: This guy: [insert Emmett minifigure]

Edited by Punished Snake

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

I flipped out pretty severely when I saw Bionicle sets in the background of the Spy Kids 2 treehouse.

signature.png

One of the episodes from Suburgatory in the latest season had Bionicle in it and mentioned Takanuva by name.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

On this page on the general, non-Bionicle, Wikipedia, there's a mention of the Great Beings and their level of technological development: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

Scroll down to "Examples in Science Fiction" and then "Type IV" to find it.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

On this page on the general, non-Bionicle, Wikipedia, there's a mention of the Great Beings and their level of technological development: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

In a similar vein, TVTropes lists "Magic Masks" as being named by BIONICLE, and I seem to remember stumbling upon another trope also named by BIONICLE.

"Beware My Stinger Tail" was also so named. TVTropes has an extensive Bionicle page, but I'm not sure that I can link it.

I remember seeing Toa Kaita Wairuha on an episode of Friends once. I don't remember which episode it was exactly, but I believe it was in one of the later seasons. (Like season 8 or 9.)

There was also that Lego brick set from the Toy Story Halloween special. I think it was a Lego cat, though I could be remembering that wrong.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Anybody remember when Solek and Tahu Mistika were on "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles"? Come on, BZPower even did a news story about it.

Wow! That's really nifty!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 4 weeks later...