Official BBC Contest #67: Super Smash Builders!

Hey guys, I'd just like to point out that there's over 40 years' worth of videogames out there, and the vast majority of them have nothing to do with LEGO. The theme of this contest is to make a videogame character, and while technically a character from a LEGO game fits that theme, there's so much more out there. Use LEGO to build something that's not LEGO!

• Upvote 8

Does the rule specifying that the entry may not have been published prior to the start of the contest apply to publishing on BZP only, or does it include publishing on image hosting sites such as Flickr as welll?

~B~

Yeah guys, I know that I am almost definitely not going to vote for any entries based off a lego videogame. Be creative.

One final question: Since the photo quality is terrible (part of the reason I hadn't posted it), would it be permissible for me to touch up the quality the photos, provided that I also upload the originals? Or should I just leave them as is and play it safe? At the moment I cannot take more photos of the MOC.

I doesn't say you can't touch up the photos. "Pictures in which the appearance of the MOC has been edited in Photoshop or other editing software are also prohibited." Basically you're not allowed to edit the photo so that the moc is shown to be something different than it is. For example, if I changed my picture to make parts purple when they shouldn't be, or photoshopping in a sword.

Judges: I feel like there's a lot of questions that get asked every time in the BBCCs. I think the rules should be updated a bit accordingly....

Edited by Steve the Squid

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

My sister made a little bug-thing from Bionicle Heroes, whose purpose was solely to get killed to give the player points. Does that count?

Is chima online and lego universe video games?

Yes to all above, but please see Black Six's post.

One final question: Since the photo quality is terrible (part of the reason I hadn't posted it), would it be permissible for me to touch up the quality the photos, provided that I also upload the originals? Or should I just leave them as is and play it safe? At the moment I cannot take more photos of the MOC.

If you're enhancing the quality, that's fine. Just don't throw the Turbo Lens Flare filter on your pictures.

Does the rule specifying that the entry may not have been published prior to the start of the contest apply to publishing on BZP only, or does it include publishing on image hosting sites such as Flickr as welll?

~B~

As always, the rule applies to pictures posted on bzpower.com itself.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

~B~

As always, the rule applies to pictures posted on bzpower.com itself.

I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Entry Name: Barioth

Entry Pic URL: Link

Topic URL (if applicable): Link

Source Game: Monster Hunter Tri

~B~

Edited by Ballom

So multiple characters are allowed? Because I was thinking about making the final battle from a Final Fantasy game. So that would be the Boss and 3 to 4 characters.

I just want to be sure :)

Edited by Sparkytron

I had a signature once

it's gone now

So multiple characters are allowed? Because I was thinking about making the final battle from a Final Fantasy game. So that would be the Boss and 3 to 4 characters.

I just want to be sure :)

That would be completely fine, yes.

Wow, I'm trying my luck at building a famous nintendo character that I will not name and I'm still working on the legs. It's not super big or anything, I'm just having trouble getting it exactly how I'd like. I'm still gonna make the entry deadline no matter what.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Wow, I'm trying my luck at building a famous nintendo character that I will not name and I'm still working on the legs. It's not super big or anything, I'm just having trouble getting it exactly how I'd like. I'm still gonna make the entry deadline no matter what.

Is it Link?

bBhcfWO.png

I'd suggest deeplinking the picture, since your MOCpages account hasn't been approved yet.

What do you mean it hasn't been approved?

When you first join MOCpages, any MOCs you post have to be manually approved by the moderators. Your entry is currently unavailable for viewing for anyone except you, Phipson, and Kelso. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'd suggest deeplinking the picture, since your MOCpages account hasn't been approved yet.

What do you mean it hasn't been approved?

When you first join MOCpages, any MOCs you post have to be manually approved by the moderators. Your entry is currently unavailable for viewing for anyone except you, Phipson, and Kelso. :P

Don't think it'll take the entire entry period to get Mod approval, though.

bBhcfWO.png

No, it won't. But you only need to post one image, not an entire page, so I'd just suggest deeplinking your entry picture on its own so that you can begin garnering support for voting now. ;)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Are the arms and head custom? I don't recall seeing those pieces in that color, and if they are, you may get disqualified.

the arms and head come from Radiak. If I were to customize the arms, they would be regular red, rather than dark red, because I don't have them in that color.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

I'm assuming cut pipes are allowed, if I'm correct, no need to reply.

I'm assuming cut pipes are allowed, if I'm correct, no need to reply.

Cut pieces are permitted. If a question is unanswered, don't assume an answer: that's a good way to go down the wrong path.

Don't worry, I posted for a reason :D

So what about my question about a brick-built base?

Oh, and also, do the "Technic bricks" (bricks that have Technic holes) count as Technic? If I have to build my base within the 75% Technic rule, that may make a big difference in how I do it.

Edited by Click

Can we use:

- Lego tape (from boxed sets)

- Cut lego stickers or sticker pads

- Cut canister stickers (the sticker on the front/back of HF canisters)

Lego tape is widely regarded as purist but I'm lazy. Enough people call the second one purist, dunno about the last one, I figure with what I'm doing, it's the same as a sticker pad, and 'cheaper'.

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Oh, and also, do the "Technic bricks" (bricks that have Technic holes) count as Technic? If I have to build my base within the 75% Technic rule, that may make a big difference in how I do it.

The base would be part of the entry, yes. Those bricks would count as Technic.

Can we use:

Lego tape is widely regarded as purist but I'm lazy. Enough people call the second one purist, dunno about the last one, I figure with what I'm doing, it's the same as a sticker pad, and 'cheaper'.

Tape would not be permitted. Lego stickers are permitted.

Can we use:

How about the rubber bands from the Bohrok?

Can we use:

How about the rubber bands from the Bohrok?

Those would be alright, yes.

Is it only characters, or can it be an object or item from a game? Also, just to clarify, LDD is not allowed, right?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.