Plantlife usage of Amber?

Well, uh... a Toa of Plantlife with a lot of spare time, I guess?

That'd be neat, but yes, I think it would take a really long time for the process to naturally complete. Or something.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Off the top of my head, I think Toa of other elements are able to quicken some natural processes that would otherwise take a long time -- so why not? Besides, we can't forget that the Rule of Cool is one of BIONICLE's universal laws of physics. :P

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I think it would be better to cover them in vines and then turn the vines into wood. That seems clearly in their range of abilities. Controlling amber doesn't seem like it should be, especially when you consider that the Plants element is already potentially vastly overpowered compared to other elements (in terms of the sheer number of things it could do). The amber isn't a plant. Could be wrong though.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think it would be better to cover them in vines and then turn the vines into wood. That seems clearly in their range of abilities. Controlling amber doesn't seem like it should be, especially when you consider that the Plants element is already potentially vastly overpowered compared to other elements (in terms of the sheer number of things it could do). The amber isn't a plant. Could be wrong though.

*Smirks*

And people wonder why my main villian in the BZPRPG is a toa of plantlife. So much potential.

However I agree. The vines would be a quicker method with similar effect. However while I do think a toa of plantlife could create a resin I don't think they would since I imagine it would take more energy than the vine method.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I think it would be better to cover them in vines and then turn the vines into wood. That seems clearly in their range of abilities. Controlling amber doesn't seem like it should be, especially when you consider that the Plants element is already potentially vastly overpowered compared to other elements (in terms of the sheer number of things it could do). The amber isn't a plant. Cou

*Smirks*

And people wonder why my main villian in the BZPRPG is a toa of plantlife. So much potential.

However I agree. The vines would be a quicker method with similar effect. However while I do think a toa of plantlife could create a resin I don't think they would since I imagine it would take more energy than the vine method.

Bones, amber is made of plant matter (resin), that's why I bring it into question.

I must admit, I never thought of vines to wood, but it is a clever idea. The thing is, would can be chopped and burnt with ease, while amber, is more crystaline and stronger. Seems like a slightly different effect to me, but it would indeed be overpowered. It could also be a morality thing, seeing as it would be like a weaker strong proto seal (is it really moral to trap someone in crystal?).

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

That's not what I meant; let me try to clarify -- amber is not a plant; it is a plant product. Yes, plant products are made of plant matter, but so is hair made of human matter but that doesn't mean you can control its motion directly like you can a muscle. (Or for a better Bionicle analogy, if a Ga-Toa makes a puddle in Ko-Wahi, and it freezes, it's made of water, but is still no longer in her range of control.) It's the element of Plant Life, not of all plant matter.

Yes, wood might be easier to handle, but only for someone other than the person trapped; if they can't lift a blade-bearing arm, they can't chop. And having a bit more weakness is actually probably a good thing, again considering that Bo-Toa are already absurdly overpowered as-is.

If they can control amber, morality shouldn't come into it because they could just make sure there's room for the lungs to expand and contract and a hole for the mouth/nose. (Of course, protocages seemed not to enable breathing, but there was also apparently a stasis effect which wouldn't be there in amber; it would be fatal if they couldn't breathe. Yes, I know the online animation showed some bubbles going up from the Bahrag in their protocage but this is probably not canon, or at worst would just be a momentary breach in the stasis.) Also, hard to see why if they were going to kill somebody they would worry about amber, since there are quicker ways to do it.

Of course, if somebody was knocked out, I see no reason a Toa of Plants couldn't make resin-producing plants encase them (with space for breathing), let the resin dry, and then remove the plants (but probably wouldn't want to, as it seems rather inefficient). It's direct control over the substance itself like a Ga-Toa controlling water that I think would not be possible.

But even if all of that would be seen as immoral, my issue wasn't that because it might be immoral they wouldn't have the ability -- Toa of Stone, after all, clearly have the ability to encase somebody entirely in stone and suffocate them to death. It is that I don't think amber counts as "plants". Make sense? :)

Also, I would rather not be rescued from wood-ified vines by somebody who thought fire was a great idea. :P

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Hmm, I don't think it's entirely bogus. A Bo-Toa could summon some monster fir to hack up some clumps of resin on the target, and if he has a Ta- or Su-Toa on-hand, they could heat up the resin, drawing out the terpenes, thus solidifying it into rosin (essentially the same thing as amber, just without the tectonic pressure step; unless somebody wants to go to the trouble of bringing a Ba-Toa into this). So there you have the means, but now you need a darn good reason to use it, because the only way out is to chip/cut the target out or burn the whole mass. If we're talkin' actual amber here, I would think it would fall under Stone by then?

So yeah, rosin sounds more plausible than straight up amber, but would be used as a combo move (like Lewa kicking up all that sand for Tahu to heat up and make glass), and isn't overpowered because you can melt it. I guess it just depends on whether or not there are any mutant conifers in the Bionicle universe. :P

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Hmm, I don't think it's entirely bogus. A Bo-Toa could summon some monster fir to hack up some clumps of resin on the target, and if he has a Ta- or Su-Toa on-hand, they could heat up the resin, drawing out the terpenes, thus solidifying it into rosin (essentially the same thing as amber, just without the tectonic pressure step; unless somebody wants to go to the trouble of bringing a Ba-Toa into this). So there you have the means, but now you need a darn good reason to use it, because the only way out is to chip/cut the target out or burn the whole mass. If we're talkin' actual amber here, I would think it would fall under Stone by then?

So yeah, rosin sounds more plausible than straight up amber, but would be used as a combo move (like Lewa kicking up all that sand for Tahu to heat up and make glass), and isn't overpowered because you can melt it. I guess it just depends on whether or not there are any mutant conifers in the Bionicle universe. :P

Well I don't think the question was if it could be done but if it could be done alone. They could not harden the resin to make amber without assistance of another. But yeah it is totally doable

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well I don't think the question was if it could be done but if it could be done alone. They could not harden the resin to make amber without assistance of another. But yeah it is totally doable

I was wondering, could a toa of plantlife cover their enemy in resin, then turn the resin into amber, or would that require use of the time element?

True amber is actually kinda fickle. If it isn't in the proper environment, and isn't resistant to decay, it won't form properly. BUT, I suppose if a person is proficient in time powers, the time-skip would spare the resin from any sort of deterioration. Problem is, time powers alone would only age it, regardless of form. It needs that tectonic pressure and heat. Basically: Time in conjunction with fire/plasma = rosin. Time in conjunction with fire/plasma and gravity = amber. Time alone = a mass of decrepit ol' resin.

Sooo, the short answer is no. Neither a Bo-Toa nor a time-powered being can pull it off alone or even together.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |