Does anyone know where to find old kits nowadays?

Daughter of Irnakk

After BZPower transformed I can't seem to find any old kits, like Rayg 2.5, Xaniskit, MNOG Style Character Creation Kit, RZMIK(and more modern contributions to it), etc. Does anyone have any links?

I'm not sure if a question topic is suited for, what used to be, Artwork III. But I need help with this, if anyone would be so kind to dig up some old links that'd be great.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that's a great collection. This should be pinned or something in my opinion. Thank you!

EDIT: Cool, I just found three of my own bad contributions to Rayg here; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/y17ihz8xwywhel5/GB-emJawmg/rayg/2001.png?token_hash=AAGgcVNMgUM_1CsDmUWDLa7JXEzbfLKyYp69BlehIRGQzQ

Good thing none credited me, I don't want people to know what I made in it.

@Sybre: I don't know really. I'm looking for a kit that has Thok's head, that is my requirement so far. Because my Skakdi character has the same head, so far I've been thinking Rayg 2.5, but I really like Xaniskit and I wish it had one. You don't happen to have a Xanis Thok head?

Other things that would be nice are Antroz/Spiriah's kanohi and Nektann's face, they too would be appreciated if a kit had them. And lastly what I can't seem to find, backgrounds.

But I don't expect you to magically have these, in fact, I'm pretty sure rayg is what I should shoot for unless I want something like Chimoru, which looks less serious. But if someone else happens to have magical powers and sees this, maybe they'll know something.

Point is, I just put so much text here right now because I have hope. =P

Edited by Rokroro
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure if a question topic is suited for, what used to be, Artwork III. But I need help with this, if anyone would be so kind to dig up some old links that'd be great.

I see nothing wrong with having this topic open. :>

Wow, that's a great collection. This should be pinned or something in my opinion. Thank you!

There is a small list of links to kits in the How to Make Comics topic pinned in this forum already. I have to go through the pinned topics and fix/add/subtract things at some point, so we'll see.

@Sybre: I don't know really. I'm looking for a kit that has Thok's head, that is my requirement so far. Because my Skakdi character has the same head, so far I've been thinking Rayg 2.5, but I really like Xaniskit and I wish it had one. You don't happen to have a Xanis Thok head?

Other things that would be nice are Antroz/Spiriah's kanohi and Nektann's face, they too would be appreciated if a kit had them. And lastly what I can't seem to find, backgrounds.

But I don't expect you to magically have these, in fact, I'm pretty sure rayg is what I should shoot for unless I want something like Chimoru, which looks less serious. But if someone else happens to have magical powers and sees this, maybe they'll know something.

Sorry, man. Best I have is the bare Piraka skull. If I had one, I'd hand it to you, but I don't. :( Maybe try finding a good spriter on here and ask him about it?

Ooh! I have both in Chimoru kits! Want the masks? I can try and get them to you. As for backgrounds, I have a couple, but I don't know what you're looking for.

mindeth the cobwebs

Sorry, man. Best I have is the bare Piraka skull. If I had one, I'd hand it to you, but I don't. :( Maybe try finding a good spriter on here and ask him about it?

Ooh! I have both in Chimoru kits! Want the masks? I can try and get them to you. As for backgrounds, I have a couple, but I don't know what you're looking for.

If you have those masks I mentioned in Chimoru(preferable 6-shade), that's great. As for backgrounds, anything, deserts, sea, beach, night, day, indoors, etc. Just not anything modern, thing's that would fit a canonical Bionicle story.

If you have those masks I mentioned in Chimoru(preferable 6-shade), that's great. As for backgrounds, anything, deserts, sea, beach, night, day, indoors, etc. Just not anything modern, thing's that would fit a canonical Bionicle story.

I got Thok's head in six-shade, but I doubt I have Antroz. And the best I have for what you're looking for is a crude desert background from a kit I have. It looks really easy to recolor, so a quick MSPaint session can give you almost half of those preferences.

mindeth the cobwebs

There is a small list of links to kits in the How to Make Comics topic pinned in this forum already. I have to go through the pinned topics and fix/add/subtract things at some point, so we'll see.

As Windrider already pointed out, there is, in fact, a list of kits in the How to Make Comics topic. Because of some forum software issues, the thread got out of whack, and lost all of its formatting. I quickly went and edited it, so it should be completely functional now. You should be able to choose from 11 kits.

-Rez

As Windrider already pointed out, there is, in fact, a list of kits in the How to Make Comics topic. Because of some forum software issues, the thread got out of whack, and lost all of its formatting. I quickly went and edited it, so it should be completely functional now. You should be able to choose from 11 kits.

-Rez

For some reason I just never thought of looking in that thread, I had been in there before but I didn't read every word so I must've missed due to the formatting, but I see it now. Thanks!

I have an extensive collection of random stuff that I accumulated over the years... however, it's on my dead computer atm. I'm pulling the files though.

I don't remember, do we still have that locked version of BZP from before the remodel still available? If so most everything would be there. EDIT: Nope. too bad. Lots of good stuff lost to history. :(

I might have to just see if I can't upload some classic sets for people now, maybe we can have a master topic for sets or something.

EDIT 2.0: I also have something like 4 different Chimoru versions. Also, if Thok's head is what you want, I'm about 75% certain it's in the RZMIK kit, since I have almost every head ever made for that kit. I'll check when I can, but that might not be for about a week.

Edited by Zerothemaster

• 2 weeks later...

MNOG kit has been brought back and expanded upon here. However, if you want images from the MNOG kit I just o happen to have crawled almost every single page of the original topic and posted its relevant contents here, however the forum decided to do something weird and decided to throw the links in the same sentence.