Mata Nui Online Game Livestream this Friday

I hope you didn't have any plans for this Friday because you do now! On March 21st, beginning at 8:30PM Eastern, a group of BZPower Staff will be playing through the Mata Nui Online Game for your viewing pleasure. We'll even let you help us make some of the decisions! Watch as we fumble our way through a decade old game that some of us haven't played in at least that long. We'll be giving away prizes too, so if you weren't sold yet hopefully that'll tip you over! I hope to see you all then!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

meh

you should've done a livestream of BIONICLE: The Game

That would have been amazing, not that there's anything wrong with the Mata Nui Online Game

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Sounds great! I love MNOG. It's probably the most nostalgic thing I can think of. Especially the eerie music at the telescope. Shivers, what Bioncle would become...

• Upvote 1

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

Mata Nui Online Game is still, in my opinion, the single best LEGO game of all time in terms of worldbuilding. It was thrilling, immersive, low-difficulty (you didn't have to focus too intently on dangers or challenges in your surroundings so you were free to take everything in at your own pace), and full of fantastic characters and storytelling.

Mata Nui Online Game II did a phenomenal job fleshing out the cultural landscape of Mata Nui and giving the Matoran a unique and powerful value system, plus it had even more depth to its cast of characters, but its world-building potential was sapped by a number of factors: crippling glitches, tedious and repetitive gameplay mechanics, a fixed top-down view that cut into the original game's sense of immersion, and a lack of real emotional resonance. Mata Nui was at peace, and as such there was never any sense of peril like in Po-Koro, no sense of frantic hubbub like in Onu-Koro, and no sense of celebration like in Le-Koro and Ta-Koro.

I might check out this livestream. I had a good time during the LEGO Movie discussion livestream last month.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Upvote 1

I'm certainly hoping I'll be able to watch! I'm guessing you aren't going to play the entire thing, though, since that would take many hours.

You can beat the game in 30 minutes, it's not that long.

We're not trying to speed run the game, we're trying to have fun and enjoy the game.

Once again, it'll be far too late at night for me. :( I assume it'll be recorded?

Yep, it'll be up on our YouTube channel.

Two things. One I've already beat that game, I did it several months ago. Two, when you are trying to find the matoran to defend kini nui get every matoran but onepu. If you get onepu it blacks out and you have to reload the page. so skip that chapter of the game!

Not sure what you're talking about. Onepu can't be part of the Chronicler's Company, it's Taipu, and as far as I can remember you need to take all six Matoran from all Koro with you in order to proceed.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm certainly hoping I'll be able to watch! I'm guessing you aren't going to play the entire thing, though, since that would take many hours.

You can beat the game in 30 minutes, it's not that long.

Yeah, but that would be skipping straight through the entire thing, without really doing the in-depth conversations, or wandering through the Charred Forest, etc.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)