The Beach

ToM Dracone

Well, well, if it isn't ToM who's returned. And what a way to return. This picture is simply beautiful, it's wonderful. It would be great even if it wasn't a motif from MNOG, but that fact alone makes it even more awesome. I consider MNOG to be a great piece of art more than a great game and this picture captures its essence greatly. Any chance you could upload it with a higher resolution?

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

DID I MENTION THAT I LOVE THIS AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT

WOW

YOU'VE GOT A BETTER FEEL FOR THE SPIRIT OF BIONICLE THAN ANY OF THE OFFICIAL WRITERS OR ARTISTS EVER DID AND I GET ALL WARM AND FUZZY NOSTALGIC LOOKING AT ALL YOUR ARTWORK OMG

• Upvote 2

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

That is absolutely beautiful. I think I might use it as a background wallpaper as well - it captures an essence of Bionicle that might be quite helpful for me in making my comics which take place during the events of MNOLG, and seeing as that's the Ta-Wahi beach with telescope and all, it should prove to be inspiring.

Fantastic work!

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

This reminds me of Vakama's conversation with Takua, immediately after he's been expelled from the Bohrok hive and thrown onto the beach.

It's such a sad nostalgia; even back when I first finished the game, it was sad, knowing that MNOLG was over, and that I'd finished my time in that wondrous realm, so beautifully and consistently designed. Now it's far worse; BIONICLE has come a long way in terms of builds and MOC potential, but I'll always miss how beautiful and mystical 2000-2003 were, and this drawing of yours helps capture a piece of that feeling so well.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

And just like that, nostalgia overload. Love the scene, it looks just like a painted version of MNOG's ending scene; the kind of image that appears at the end of an anime episode or something while the narrator reads the concluding lines. Perfect. :)

Aaahhh this so cool ^^ I really love it, especially the colors on this and the way you create space with the subtle shading of rockface as it goes back along the shoreline. There's a lot of really big chunks of space and then there's just these tiny itty bitty details like the telescope and tiny trees in the back and the birds, and then you notice the canister, and then finally the little footprints. It really captures the atmosphere of Mata Nui and the scale of that beach, and it also hints at the little narrative there of the Toa arriving. Absolutely lovely, I would really love to see more of this kind of thing :)

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, amazing colors and feel to it. You really brought a part of MNOLG to life :)

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell