Hitman Lite 2: Pay Grade

Voltex

Bionicle Hitman: Paygrade

The plot.

Some Dark Hunters fight for fun. Some fight for revenge. But most of them fight for money.

The Shadowed One is hosting another one of his famous tournaments, when his hired killers must eliminate each other to decide who is the most deadly.

This time, though, they're not playing for survival or employment: they're playing for cash. Good ol' TSO has sworn to revive every player after the end of the game, so the only focus right now is the money earned from killing each other. And nothing fuels combat like greed.

The game.

In Hitman, you are attempting to assassinate all of the other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the murder method you will use in your assassination attempt. You have six methods of murder to choose from.

Knife

Poison

Sledgehammer

Explosive

Gun

Wire

You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the murder methods and corresponding numerical values (one through six). For example:

Knife: 5

Poison: 3

Sledgehammer: 4

Explosive: 1

Gun: 2

Wire: 6

This is your resistance profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. When someone attempts to kill you, I will roll a die. If the number falls below your resistance for the chosen weapon, you will survive. If not, you die. For example, if someone targeted you with a Knife, I would roll a die. If my die landed on anything below 5, you would survive the attempt. If you were targeted with an Explosive, and I rolled below 5, you'd live. (If this requires any clarification, let me know, and I'll do my best to explain it to you.)

Each round will take about 24 hours, which includes plenty of time in which to PM me your target and weapon of choice. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?

I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive first dibs on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?

There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

The twist.

Unlike any Hitman game previously, every player will be paid or taxed in widgets for their actions.

100 widgets for each successful kill

50 widgets for each survived attempt on your life

25 widget deduction for every failed attempt on another player

50 widgets for "killing" a player that was already killed in the same round by someone else

Bonus 100 widget payoff for being the final survivor of the tournament

The winner of the game is not necessarily the last survivor, but the player with the most money at the end of the game.

The widget system is a way to reward players with successful kills, to eliminate a scenario in which the final winner only actually killed one person throughout the entire game.

The payroll.

These are your fellow assassins. Every player begins with 100 widgets.

Eliminated targets are marked in purple. The current leader is marked in pink.

Players

[200W] 1. Pupwa21

[175W] 2. Toa Lhikevikk

[150W] 3. Regenerated ShadowVezon

[375W] 4. Voltex

[375W] 5. Baltarc

[125W] 6. Underscore

[75W] 7. Pulsating Explosive

[250W] 8. Canis Lycaon

[400W] 9. Burnmad

[75W] 10. Voxumo

The rules.

1. Use only a single PM to send in your targets - that is, don't start a new PM each round; just add a reply to the existing PM.

2. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.

3. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling a die. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.

Most of this post was copied or paraphrased from Baltarc's Hitman Lite description which was mostly copied or paraphrased from Fighty's original description of the game.

EDIT:

The victor of Hitman Lite 2 is Burnmad, with 400 widgets. Congratulations.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'm joining. And I'm not here for money. I'm here for energy. The money'll be good too, though, I do have a business to maintain.

Edited by Regenerated ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Signups are closed. All participants, please send me your round one kill choices, and stats if you haven't already.

UPDATE: Still waiting on kills from Voltex, Pulse, SV, and Underscore.

SV and Underscore, please send in your resistance stats, or else any kills targeting you will be automatically successful.

You have until 8:00 PM EST.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Round One

The first night of the Hitman Tournament had arrived. Pulse was looking for a raise, so he headed to the castle at the edge of town in hopes of finding a target. He climbed into a tree overlooking one of the castle's few windows.

Luckily for Pulse, when he looked in the window, he immediately saw Canis. Doing the only logical thing, he threw a grenade in through the window. It bounced a few times and landed right next to Canis, who noticed it and leapt into a corner to cower in fear.

When he realized that it wasn't going to explode, he cautiously stood up. Pulse watched eagerly as Canis walked back over to the weapon and tapped it with his foot. WHUMP! Somehow a sledgehammer shot out of the grenade, narrowly missing Canis' head.

In curiosity, Canis walked over to the sledgehammer and bent down to examine it. He was so distracted that he neglected to notice Pupwa sneak up behind him with a gun. Before he could fire, Canis spun around and threw his knife at Pupwa, hitting him in the eye. "Thought you could sneak up on me like that?"
However, as Pupwa slowly collapsed, he raised his .45 handgun and fired one time into Canis' chest. The warrior coughed and fell to the ground dead. Pupwa muttered something unintelligible, laughed, and stopped breathing.

Outside the castle, Pulse had clambered down from his hiding place in the tree, and was making his way to the Stereotypical Pub when he heard a noise in an alleyway. "I should go check that out," he said, and did so.

Some thumping sounds could be heard out in the street. A minute or so later, Burnmad casually strolled out of the alleyway, whistling nonchalantly with a bloodied sledgehammer over his shoulder.

Since Burnmad had already left the scene of the crime, there was nobody around to hear the short beeping noise before the pumpkin bomb set by ShadowVezon destroyed the remains of Pulse's body.

Seeing that it had worked wonderfully - if albeit a little late - SV decided to head home to his laboratory and create more pumpkin bombs. As he reached the inconspicuous door, Lhikevikk swung down, hanging by his knees from the edge of the roof, and swiftly executed ShadowVezon with a wire. Lhik then slipped into the bushes.

As soon as Lhikevikk was gone, Voltex appeared in much the same manner as the previous assassin. He fired his assault rifle no less than forty-seven times into ShadowVezon's corpse before he realized that the "Green Goblin" was already dead.

Voltex just kind of stood there for a moment, highly confused. "I could've sworn he was - "
His monologue was cut very short by the sudden arrival of a shoelace around his neck, courtesy of Voxumo.
"Ha!"
"What?"
"I said 'ha!'"
"You shouldn't be able to talk at all. I strangled you. With a shoelace."
Apparently Voxumo was wrong, as his shoelace had snapped instead of snapping Voltex.
"Ugh, fine. I'll just finish you off with this ice pick!"
The icepick in question dropped to the ground as Voxumo's head crumpled beneath the force of Baltarc's sledgehammer.
"Thanks for the save," said Voltex.
"Don't expect it to happen again." With that, Baltarc was gone, sledgehammer and all.

Round One Synopsis
Canis killed Pupwa.
Pupwa killed Canis.
Burnmad killed Pulse.
Lhikevikk killed ShadowVezon.
Baltarc killed Voxumo.
Five assassins remain: Voltex, Lhikevikk, Burnmad, Underscore, and Baltarc.

Current Payroll
[200W] 1. Pupwa21
[200W] 2. Toa Lhikevikk
[200W] 4. Voltex
[200W] 5. Baltarc
[100W] 6. Underscore
[250W] 8. Canis Lycaon

[200W] 9. Burnmad
[75W] 10. Voxumo

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Hmm.. oh pity.. well this was fun none the less

Every other player has only nine options on who to kill. It just so happened that one of them decided to target you. When you sign up for a game like this you've got to expect to go down in round one. :P

That said, glad you had fun.

but their spirits

Round Two

Voltex felt bad for Underscore, who had slept through the first round, and invited him out to lunch. Of course, Voltex was not to be trusted, and Underscore soon found himself gagging on the acid in his sandwich.

As the unfortunate Underscore was rushed off the hospital, Lhikevikk calmly sat eating a non-poisoned sandwich on the other side of the restaurant. His nice meal was interrupted by the arrival of Burnmad, wearing a trench coat. Lhik became quite nervous and started talking to himself. "Ignore him and he'll go away... ignore him and he'll go away..."

Lhikevikk tried and failed to ignore the man in the trench coat. He didn't go away. Instead, he pulled out a gun and shot Lhikevikk's sandwich. Despite himself, Lhik laughed at the terrible aim of the mysterious murderer, but quickly choked on the bullet, which he had forgotten to remove from the crust.

As Lhikevikk fell dead on the table, the onlookers failed to notice as a grenade slipped out of his pocket and rolled under the table.

Suddenly, Baltarc appeared, from who knows where, and began shouting at Lhikevikk. "Ha! You think you can play dead?" He proceeded to pour bullets into the very, very dead body of Lhik for about twenty seconds. The gunfire ended when the grenade under the table exploded, very nearly ending Baltarc's life. However, he survived, and was merely sent flying across the room onto another table.

He looked up, dazed, to see a man wrapped in bandages holding a spoon.

"What's that for?"

"Well, you see," began Underscore, as he unwrapped his bandages to reveal a slightly swollen face. "Voltex tried to make me eat acid, but I was actually fine, and the hospital released me immediately."

"Are you sure you're fine?"

"Mostly! But the doctors say I can't eat any solid foods for a week, so all I can use is this spoon..."

Baltarc glanced at the spoon, then back to Underscore, who was trying to smile sinisterly but basically just grimaced.

"Uh oh."

Underscore slammed the spoon down towards Baltarc's face. He barely managed to roll out of the way, then slid off the table, making a break for the door. A spoon flew through the air and clattered to the ground next to him as he exited the restaurant.

Round Two Synopsis
Burnmad killed Lhikevikk.
Four assassins remain: Voltex, Burnmad, Underscore, and Baltarc.

Current Payroll
[200W] 1. Pupwa21
[175W] 2. Toa Lhikevikk
[175W] 4. Voltex
[275W] 5. Baltarc
[125W] 6. Underscore
[250W] 8. Canis Lycaon

[300W] 9. Burnmad
[75W] 10. Voxumo

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Oh, have you not played in a Hitman game before?

The weapon types are just general guidelines, basically. You can choose to use anything that fits within that sort of category. In round one, for example, Pulse decided to use a "sledgehammer grenade", which would fall under the sledgehammer category, of course.

• Upvote 1

but their spirits

Oh, have you not played in a Hitman game before?

The weapon types are just general guidelines, basically. You can choose to use anything that fits within that sort of category. In round one, for example, Pulse decided to use a "sledgehammer grenade", which would fall under the sledgehammer category, of course.

No I haven't. Cool though - I'm psychic!

2xu8Ptu.png

All PMs have been received and the scene has been partially written. However, due to unpredicted circumstances, the scene will not be completed and posted until tomorrow (probably some time in the morning). Thank you for understanding.

but their spirits

Round Three

As the end of the tournament drew closer, Baltarc was out looking for Underscore, who had previously attempted to murder him with a spoon. In his hand was his trusty wire. He was headed to the town clock tower, where he heard Underscore had hidden.

In his pursuit of Underscore, however, Baltarc failed to notice that he was being pursued by a man in a tweed coat. As he followed Baltarc, this individual pulled a large magnifying glass from his pocket.

Unaware of the danger to himself, Baltarc crept up behind Underscore inside the clock tower, stealthily slipping the wire around his target's neck. Before he could complete the execution, though, he was distracted by someone clearing their throat behind him.

"Who's there?"

"Why, isn't it elementary, my dear Baltarc?"

From outside the clock tower, down on the street, nothing seemed to be the matter. That is, until the clock face shattered, and the body of Baltarc fell out with the corpse of Underscore in tow.

Back inside the tower, Burnmad swiftly removed his disguise, shedding the tweed coat and dropping the sledgehammer. He began to scramble around the room looking for any trace of his final opponent: Voltex.

His "prey" was at that very moment looking down on him from the high rafters of the clock tower. The situation was so deliciously ironic that Voltex couldn't help but monologue about it to himself.

"Ah, it is just as I had hoped. The hunter is, once again, becoming the hunted."

However, since I like to maintain some sense of realism in my G&T games, Burnmad overheard Voltex's musings. He looked up.

"What are you going to do, shoot me?"

"Yes!" Voltex pulled out his gun and fired twice. The gun began to click - out of ammunition. Burnmad was unharmed and underwhelmed. "Well, uh..."

Voltex began rummaging through his pockets to find some more bullets. Burnmad, ever gracious, simply waited below instead of attempting to kill his preoccupied opponent.

Voltex, unfortunately, did not find any bullets. However, he did dislodge a knife from his pocket, which fell below him, bounced off of three different crossbeams, spun slowly through the clock tower, and impaled itself within Burnmad's cranium. He fell to the ground, dead.

Realizing what had happened, Voltex looked up - er, looked down - and saw that he had accidentally slain the final competitor.

"Yes! I am victorious!" He began to climb down the beams to the floor below where Burn's body lay.

Before he could get there, he was suddenly whisked away, finding himself in a round chamber with none other than the Shadowed One.

"Uh, h-hello, sir," he began. "As you probably know, I won the tournament, and..."

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. You didn't."
Voltex was baffled. "What do you mean? I was the last survivor!"

"Do you not remember my vow at the beginning of this tournament? I stated that I would restore all the deceased fighters to life in order that they may collect their paychecks. The winner would be chosen based on their pay - not their livelihood."

Voltex gulped.

A pile of soggy, chattering corpses suddenly appeared on top of him.

"Oops," said TSO. "Wrong one."

The pile of corpses disappeared and was replaced by a pile of Dark Hunters, very much alive.

"Very well, then," said TSO. "It is now that we will learn who is the victor of this tournament of greed..."

Round Three Synopsis
Baltarc killed Underscore!
Burnmad killed Baltarc!
Voltex killed Burnmad!

The final survivor was Voltex, who earns a 100 widget bonus for outlasting his competitors.

Current Payroll
[200W] 1. Pupwa21
[175W] 2. Toa Lhikevikk
[375W] 4. Voltex
[375W] 5. Baltarc
[125W] 6. Underscore
[250W] 8. Canis Lycaon

[400W] 9. Burnmad
[75W] 10. Voxumo

The victor of Hitman Lite 2 is Burnmad, with 400 widgets. Congratulations.

but their spirits