rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1rsz_img_1666.jpg

Wings folded Front Side Back Top

(Click picture for link to gallery)

I made this two years ago in 8th grade. For my literature class, we had to create a... myth, I believe. Or was it fairy tale? Anyways, we had to write a short description of a creature and create a model. Naturally, my first thought was "To my Bionicles!" I started grabbing Jetbug, Rotor, Fero/Skirmix, and a bucket of Bionicle sets and parts. I started tossing things together, and this is the result!

I admit, I basically just slapped Skirmix's head on there. However, I did change it somewhat, enough to attach the fire to!

Tell me what you think. Comments, creative criticism, etc. I would also like it if someone could volunteer to... teach me how to make a custom MOC, so to speak. Send me pictures of building techniques, stuff like that. I'd appreciate it if someone could.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I guess you could say this MOC has a creative flare (pun completely intended) :P

From what I can see, seeing as the gallery isn't approved yet, it seems like it's mostly Skirmix's head slightly modified for the fire. I'll come back when the gallery is public to critique the rest of it, but for now enjoy the lame joke I made -__-

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I like the overall look as well as the colours, but the 'body' of the wings is quite straight. Normally, that sort of wing bends in the middle somewhat.

The main thing that drags this down are the feet. They just seem very meh. If you had Piraka claw feet, even just in black, that'd make it much more dragon-y.

I agree with Phovos about the feet. You could have used either the Onua claws for both front and hind legs, or just the front legs, with the Piraka feet at the back. The way they are right now is a bit too much.

Also, the neck is too short, and the tail is rather bland.

Finally, since you do have Skirmix it might have been a good idea to substitute the grey connectors on the wings with the Metru Red ones from Skirmix.

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Actually, I did use Piraka claw feet in the back. The two-tone ones from Antroz. Other than that, I don't know what you mean, Mohamed. The gray Nui Rama stingers? Skirmix only has two, I needed four, so I decided to go with local color consistency instead of color scheme consistency. Yeah, now that I have Furno XL, Furno Jet Machine, and Furno 2.0, I'd change the tail from what it is to a bone tail with red cladding on it. Or perhaps something else that is clever.... I'd also try to revamp the neck. I was sorta rushed for time building this originally. Finally, Phovos, what do you mean about the body of the wings? I don't know what you are referring to.

Would any of you be willing to "teach" me how to MOC well?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Actually, I did use Piraka claw feet in the back. The two-tone ones from Antroz. Other than that, I don't know what you mean, Mohamed. The gray Nui Rama stingers? Skirmix only has two, I needed four, so I decided to go with local color consistency instead of color scheme consistency. Yeah, now that I have Furno XL, Furno Jet Machine, and Furno 2.0, I'd change the tail from what it is to a bone tail with red cladding on it. Or perhaps something else that is clever.... I'd also try to revamp the neck. I was sorta rushed for time building this originally. Finally, Phovos, what do you mean about the body of the wings? I don't know what you are referring to.

Would any of you be willing to "teach" me how to MOC well?

I would definitely be willing to teach you, if you want :P Though I do have to say it's something you learn by building yourself and trying harder and harder until you get it right!

Have a look at this blog entry by Zaxvo; you'll find it quite interesting for some of the less intuitive stuff.