Inika Head alternates?

Click

So, I'm not sure where to put this, but here it goes. I'm currently working on a MOC that, storywise, uses an Iden. The problem is, I really hate the Inika heads, and I would prefer to have an eye color rather than green. I have seen people use cloth elements inside, or Nuva shoulderpads, but I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has a particularly clever idea for a new Inika head. I've been messing with it for quite a while now, and I can't find anything that looks quite right.

I'm currently working on a MOC

If you're making a MOC (I'm assuming that you are)

No need to assume anything.

I've seen (and created) a few Technic-intensive designs that, while not perfect, can generally hold the rubber heads in place. I'm still working on figuring something out and I'll let you know if I come up with anything good.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

A Toa Mata head with another part like 6575 behind it works OK, although the eyes might not glow as well as with a mask that leaves the top or back of the head exposed.

I've actually just slipped Inika masks over Mata heads in the past. They are a bit loose, but if you just intend to pose them and leave them there, it works well.

A Toa Mata head with another part like 6575 behind it works OK, although the eyes might not glow as well as with a mask that leaves the top or back of the head exposed.

I've actually just slipped Inika masks over Mata heads in the past. They are a bit loose, but if you just intend to pose them and leave them there, it works well.

I once saw a guy give instructions to properly put Mata heads onto Inika masks, and they fit. But that was years ago and I forgot where to look. :( At least I know it's possible.

mindeth the cobwebs

I may try the Mata head. I do like the look of the eyes, and it shouldn't be too hard to hook it to a ball joint. The only problem is that now I can't find my Iden. I have two brothers that are always taking pieces in and out of my room, so it could be anywhere. If I can't find it, I may try to 3D print a normalified version. :D

I may try the Mata head. I do like the look of the eyes, and it shouldn't be too hard to hook it to a ball joint. The only problem is that now I can't find my Iden. I have two brothers that are always taking pieces in and out of my room, so it could be anywhere. If I can't find it, I may try to 3D print a normalified version. :D

Do you mean print it with an axle in the mouth? Cause you should see about also printing something like a mask-to-face adapter, to attach to a head piece and slip the Inika mask over it, something that closes that gap so it sits snugly and doesn't wobble, but doesn't modify the head or mask themselves :)

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .