The Colors you just NEED

KittehWubbins

I just want to find out people's preferences on the colors they need/want the most. I did some researching and found that the reason some colors are more rare than others is because the dye/plastic costs too much or is hard to keep consistent. Colors people want the most I found out online are mainly purple and pink (I dont need anymore purple cause 2 Knight Busses, parts from 2 purple nui jagas)

Personally, Teal is what I want the most, because I like the color and I have close to none (Tarakava and Kongu, thats it)

Edited by KittehWubbins

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

Medium Lavender. Cool Yellow. Light Purple. Bright Purple. Medium Lilac. Medium Azur.

All colors I need (in bulk, and in a variety of brick and plate sizes) if I ever want to have any luck building large-scale Lego MLP characters.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Medium Lavender. Cool Yellow. Light Purple. Bright Purple. Medium Lilac. Medium Azur.

All colors I need (in bulk, and in a variety of brick and plate sizes) if I ever want to have any luck building large-scale Lego MLP characters.

Wow.. you have rather specific colors.. was surprised to read this..

*Looks up Medium Azur*

Ahh.. so that is medium azur.. nice color

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hard to say. In constraction, I'd like to see more green parts. Bright Green, Dark Green (Mata Green), and Transparent Bright Green in particular. More Bright Orange (classic orange) Hero Factory parts would also be great, since that's an iconic color that doesn't have nearly as much variety in parts as it should. I also wouldn't mind more bright-colored Hero Factory beams. I love using Bright Red ones, and it would be great to have them in colors like Bright Blue or Bright Green (or more in Bright Yellowish Green).

As for general LEGO parts, my brother's list mostly applies for me as well.

I want more of the sand colors; tan, sand blue, sand green, etc, especially for BIONICLE/TECHNIC pieces. When MOCing, it's great to have different shades of colors to use, and the sand colors are especially nice and smooth to blend in.

Purple and teal are also nice.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Hard to say. In constraction, I'd like to see more green parts. Bright Green, Dark Green (Mata Green), and Transparent Bright Green in particular. More Bright Orange (classic orange) Hero Factory parts would also be great, since that's an iconic color that doesn't have nearly as much variety in parts as it should. I also wouldn't mind more bright-colored Hero Factory beams. I love using Bright Red ones, and it would be great to have them in colors like Bright Blue or Bright Green (or more in Bright Yellowish Green).

Wait is it generally known who your brother is for I have not the foggiest clue..

Also just out of curiosity why is teal an extremely popular color? I mean I know it is a nice color but just a bit surprised by the popularity and yet I am trying to understand it

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wait is it generally known who your brother is for I have not the foggiest clue..

Also just out of curiosity why is teal an extremely popular color? I mean I know it is a nice color but just a bit surprised by the popularity and yet I am trying to understand it

Sorry, that's Lyichir. I'm never quite sure when I need to specify.

I think teal is mainly popular just because it's a really vibrant part of the spectrum most people don't have many parts in. The same could be said of purple, but purple isn't quite so rare in BIONICLE, Hero Factory, or Technic in general.

Of course, it's hard to tell what people mean by "teal". Most of the time people are referring to Bright Bluish Green, a color used in 2001 BIONICLE sets (and Cyber-Slam/Competition previously). That one's discontinued so any wishes for more of that color are mostly just wishful thinking. But sometimes they use "teal" more broadly to refer to ANY bluish-green or greenish-blue color, including Medium Azur, which has been cropping up in Hero Factory more and more often lately.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I think teal is mainly popular just because it's a really vibrant part of the spectrum most people don't have many parts in. The same could be said of purple, but purple isn't quite so rare in BIONICLE, Hero Factory, or Technic in general.

Of course, it's hard to tell what people mean by "teal". Most of the time people are referring to Bright Bluish Green, a color used in 2001 BIONICLE sets (and Cyber-Slam/Competition previously). That one's discontinued so any wishes for more of that color are mostly just wishful thinking. But sometimes they use "teal" more broadly to refer to ANY bluish-green or greenish-blue color, including Medium Azur, which has been cropping up in Hero Factory more and more often lately.

That would be the teal that one of the tarakava models used right? Just wanting for clarification

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

That would be the teal that one of the tarakava models used right? Just wanting for clarification

Yes.

Same with that one shade of pink that was discontinued, if anyone watches Bricktsar's unboxings they will know what I mean. (idk if shoutouts are allowed sorry mods)

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

• 2 weeks later...

I have no need of dark purple but I do need Trans-Purple because of my SelfMOC Riaso Weapons.

Transparent colors! Woo!

Well your in luck, Lego is about to spam it, in the next wave
I just got Jaw Beast yesterday and I can see the transparency! And I saw pictures for more sets. Lots of transparency, yes!

mindeth the cobwebs

I know this may be a weird one, but Warm Gold. I cant say Im a huge fan of the pearl gold TBH. It seems quite cheap and tacky to me.We never really got much warm gold after 2004 and I think its stopped being made completely now,

What are you talking about? Warm Gold is pearl gold at least by Bricklink's naming standards, and has been the most common gold color since at least 2006. Do you mean Sand Yellow Metallic (Bricklink's Flat Dark Gold), the color used in Takanuva and other sets from 2005 and earlier?

Personally I prefer Warm Gold to most of the other colors that came before it, especially now that it's more consistent than it was at the time of its debut. It's a far more vibrant color than Sand Yellow Metallic, and generally more versatile than Metalized Gold (Chrome Gold).

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I know this may be a weird one, but Warm Gold. I cant say Im a huge fan of the pearl gold TBH. It seems quite cheap and tacky to me.We never really got much warm gold after 2004 and I think its stopped being made completely now,

What are you talking about? Warm Gold is pearl gold at least by Bricklink's naming standards, and has been the most common gold color since at least 2006. Do you mean Sand Yellow Metallic (Bricklink's Flat Dark Gold), the color used in Takanuva and other sets from 2005 and earlier?

Personally I prefer Warm Gold to most of the other colors that came before it, especially now that it's more consistent than it was at the time of its debut. It's a far more vibrant color than Sand Yellow Metallic, and generally more versatile than Metalized Gold (Chrome Gold).

Yeah sorry thats what I mean. Sometimes I get a little confused with all the names of colours. But yeah thats just my personal taste.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Yeah, I also prefer Warm Gold to Sand Yellow Metallic. In a lot of situations, Sand Yellow Metallic just looks... brown. Warm Gold has a much brighter, more yellowish appearance and more closely resembles Takanuva as he appeared in the comics and movies. I also feel like the "goldness" of it shows up better in photographs no matter what other colors it's paired with.

Actually, I have a prototype Avohkii in another color, Reddish Gold — the color of the "copper" Krana-Kal from Tahnok-Kal and the crown and armor of King Matthias in Knights' Kingdom II. It's basically the same as Warm Gold but very slightly more orangish in color, and plenty of MOCists have used the two colors together to great effect. The existence of a prototype Avohkii in this color makes me think that perhaps it was considered as a mask color for Takanuva before the designers settled on Sand Yellow Metallic. I wish they had used Reddish Gold. Generally, I think it's a much nicer color than Sand Yellow Metallic and would have resulted in a less jarring transition when both Sand Yellow Metallic and Reddish Gold were discontinued between 2005 and 2006.

Of course, I don't really want more Reddish Gold to show up in sets. Even if it weren't discontinued, I think that Warm Gold achieves the same goal just as well if not better. If I were to wish for any metallic color to be used more widely, it'd be Copper — specifically, 139 Copper. It was never used in constraction sets, but it was used for the Iron Drones in LEGO Exo-Force. Copper is a widely-used color in real life. But currently, copper is the rarest metallic color that the LEGO Group still uses. 139 Copper is discontinued, and Copper Ink — a metallic-lacquered coating rather than an actual plastic color — is used very rarely.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I have no need of dark purple but I do need Trans-Purple because of my SelfMOC Riaso Weapons.

Transparent colors! Woo!

I just got Jaw Beast yesterday and I can see the transparency! And I saw pictures for more sets. Lots of transparency, yes!

Lots! It's more like a spam of transparent color like no tomorrow. I mean look at all the transparent color in Chima and half of the sets in Ultra Agents.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Transparent colors! Woo!

Lots! It's more like a spam of transparent color like no tomorrow. I mean look at all the transparent color in Chima and half of the sets in Ultra Agents.

It looks good to me! :)

mindeth the cobwebs

I suspect I'm one of the few people who actually has an enormous collection of teal/dark turquoise - mostly in system pieces, but still, we're talking thousands of pieces. I've built a SHIP using it as the main color (said SHIP is very difficult to move and not likely to make it to many shows, so I'm open to suggestions on healthier uses for the color).

I'm most annoyed about sand red being hard to find. For newer colors, I'm having as much of a hard time with the azures and lavenders as everyone else. Olive green is tough too, but at least the Parisian Restaurant has plenty of those.

In constraction, I see to be getting stuck on the different brown colors. I've been trying to build trees out of Bionicle bits for a few different projects, and color matching is a pain because some are only in old brown and others are only in dark flesh. Old grey is similarly difficult, but I usually know better than to try there (the obvious exception being my color charts).

...and of course, we all need more parts in those crazy pearlish Rahkshi colors. I hate having an interesting new color and not being able to EVER use it for more than just accents.

On a related note, Chima solved what was my biggest color problem - bright light orange. I think I bought multiple used Keetongu sets in various levels of disrepair just to get enough of that color to build something. Now it's pretty easy to come by, and in common System pieces.