Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Greg is being careful with his words... after all, there is no official confirmation of it ONLINE. He wouldnt need to see anything online anyways, he would be the first to know.

If the LMB quote Aanchir and Zenerius posted is any indication he's really not being careful - someone says hypothetical future Bionicle, and Greg jumps right to 2015 Lego lines
  • Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Yeah, for those who aren't getting the supposed "slip up" on Greg's part, it's not that we are saying he's confirming anything about Bionicle; it's that the questioner asked about "in the future, would you know", and he automatically jumped to 2015. A little suspicious, but not terribly, seeing that there has been a fair amount of hype surrounding the "2015 constraction theme".

• Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Just for future reference... are we allowed to discuss leaks in private, with each other, through messages? Is it only in public that it's against the rules?

Seeing as there is no way the staff can control whatever you discuss in private messages, I'd say the answer is we won't endorse or encourage it by any means, but we can't prevent you from doing so anyway.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Greg is being careful with his words... after all, there is no official confirmation of it ONLINE. He wouldnt need to see anything online anyways, he would be the first to know.

If the LMB quote Aanchir and Zenerius posted is any indication he's really not being careful - someone says hypothetical future Bionicle, and Greg jumps right to 2015 Lego lines

Well, maybe whoever asked the question worded HIS question carefully;not that I would know or anything ;)

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

So it looks like the pinned official topic saying there were no plans to revive BIONICLE that had occupied the top of LEGO Message Boards for a long time has been removed. That topic has been up there forever, and there would be no good reason to remove it unless it was no longer valid. 

I don't think anyone can logically deflate that one.

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 2
Bliss.png

You heard it here, folks! All further inquiries can be filed under "DAUAG". :P

In all seriousness, this would be cool and very humorous form for "official" confirmation to take, but it'd be great if you could find a link to the quote for reference. Of course, it's possible that even if this is the gist of his message, he would have caught his mistake and edited his post...

Does Anyone U Ask Greg? :confused:

Don't Ask Us, Ask Greg. Old BZPower acronym.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

So it looks like the pinned official topic saying there were no plans to revive BIONICLE that had occupied the top of LEGO Message Boards for a long time has been removed. That topic has been up there forever, and there would be no good reason to remove it unless it was no longer valid. 

Nice observation!

I completely believe this happening now, oh man the childhoods!

• Upvote 2

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

So it looks like the pinned official topic saying there were no plans to revive BIONICLE that had occupied the top of LEGO Message Boards for a long time has been removed.

o_o

That's some pretty heavy stuff right there. Seriously.

I'm refusing to believe Bionicle's returning until I have some hard evidence, but that is just very suspicious.

Maybe there is hope for the franchise after all...

• Upvote 2

HMM

As the Holmes' would say about coincidences, "the universe is rarely so lazy".

It certainly seems like something is happening, just by the sheer amount of things that have happened in such a short amount of time.

Also,

If LEGO has actually changed something visibly on the site, it's possible they're preparing to say something soon (could be weeks, months, whatever, anything seems soon in comparison with 4 years) about stuff.

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 2

If LEGO has actually changed something visibly on the site, it's possible they're preparing to say something soon (could be weeks, months, whatever, anything seems soon in comparison with 4 years) about stuff.

That, combined with Greg's intentional slip, is making me suspect an announcement of some sort is on the way as well. That's purely speculation, of course, but you can't help but think that...

Bliss.png

The speculation is intense. All over the Internet people are trying to find out whether this is real or not.

All of this evidence..... Greg mentioning 2015, the "Bionicle Revival" thread closing, the leaks...... It all leads to one thing.

#bionicleisback

Let's get this hashtag trending.

• Upvote 2

If there is to be some announcement, we can probably expect it at Comic-Con.

-Gata signoff.png

When is comic-con? I thought comic-cons were usually a display one set sort of deal, do they ever announce full lines?

They announced the Super Heroes line at the 2011 Comic-Con, although that's probably the exception rather than the norm since it's so closely tied to what Comic-Con is all about. They also revealed several sets at last year's Comic-Con, including a Hobbit set, a Super Heroes set, and a Star Wars set.

I believe comic-con starts on July 24...

Cross your fingers for 20 days guys.

-Gata signoff.png

When is comic-con? I thought comic-cons were usually a display one set sort of deal, do they ever announce full lines?

They announced the Super Heroes line at the 2011 Comic-Con, although that's probably the exception rather than the norm since it's so closely tied to what Comic-Con is all about. They also revealed several sets at last year's Comic-Con, including a Hobbit set, a Super Heroes set, and a Star Wars set.

Didn't they also reveal the Mixels at Comic-Con last year?

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

Didn't they also reveal the Mixels at Comic-Con last year?

-Gata signoff.png

That's right, they did! Good catch!

Not necessarily. He says "I haven't seen anything online from any official LEGO source, just rumors", which is true. But if you look at Aanchir's screencap here....

Screencapped for posterity, in case he catches his mistake and edits his post. This is amazing.

...Greg says that he wouldn't be able to confirm or deny BIONICLE's return, even if it was happening.

Oh. This is actually looking somewhat likely then.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Has lego reveled a constraction line at comic-con before?

They revealed the Super Heroes constraction sets at Comic-Con (though that might have been the New York Comic-Con, which takes place later in the year, rather than the San Diego one that takes place during the summer — I don't quite remember).

Has lego reveled a constraction line at comic-con before?

They revealed the Super Heroes constraction sets at Comic-Con (though that might have been the New York Comic-Con, which takes place later in the year, rather than the San Diego one that takes place during the summer — I don't quite remember).

I guess were have to wait and see.

Well, maybe whoever asked the question worded HIS question carefully;not that I would know or anything ;)

Yes you did, TGS :P

I just hope that they get rid of Greg if they bring Bonkles back. He would only harm the story if they give him powers over it.

While Greg may have made some storyline choices that were... not the best, I don't think he'd ruin it if he was back on the story

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits

I just hope that they get rid of Greg if they bring Bonkles back. He would only harm the story if they give him powers over it.

Greg wrote like... the whole story I don't think he'll do ANY harm whatsoever to the story.

They don't by any means have to get rid of him. He's done a great job writing side-stories for Ninjago and Legends of Chima. He doesn't have to lead the story team in order to remain involved and continue to contribute.

Generally, I don't see a lot of people criticize Greg for his contributions in the early years of BIONICLE. It's only things like the serials where he had more or less free rein that most people tend to hate. Those are where there tended to be the most random character deaths, frivolous cameos, and other awkwardness.

Greg made binoicle what it was. Sure  post 2008 wasn't great but that was lego's fault not gregs he did the best he could. 

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Greg made binoicle what it was. Sure  post 2008 wasn't great but that was lego's fault not gregs he did the best he could.

Let's get this out of the way real quick. Greg IS LEGO. He is a LEGO employee writing stories for The LEGO Group. The entire BIONICLE story, including every single official BIONICLE project he was involved in, is ultimately the LEGO Group's doing.

This is seeming more legit all the time to me. (See my LEGO blog in signature for more of my thoughts on it, if you want.)

Oh, and I really hope GregF is in the possible re-boot.

Edited by Kopekemaster

Greg made binoicle what it was. 

But he didn't make Bionicle what it was

• Upvote 3

but their spirits

Let's get this out of the way real quick. Greg IS LEGO. He is a LEGO employee writing stories for The LEGO Group. The entire BIONICLE story, including every single official BIONICLE project he was involved in, is ultimately the LEGO Group's doing.

Not quite. He did have to run names through with his higher-ups. And he had to get various scripts approved. It wasn't his idea to make Vakama go bad, after all.

• Upvote 1

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#BionicleIsBack Spread the word people!

Not until something official is announced.

I'm with this guy. 

Also, Greg is not entirely responsible for stuff that you don't like in the Bionicle franchise. Secondly, writers can't please everyone, so even if he is responsible, cutting him out of the reboot in a petty desire for vengeance over some minor detail is not a good idea. He did do/write some good stuff, you know. Otherwise he would have been eliminated long ago and/or Bionicle would have stopped being a thing much sooner than it was. 

• Upvote 5

#BionicleIsBack Spread the word people!

Not until something official is announced.

I'm with this guy. 

Also, Greg is not entirely responsible for stuff that you don't like in the Bionicle franchise. Secondly, writers can't please everyone, so even if he is responsible, cutting him out of the reboot in a petty desire for vengeance over some minor detail is not a good idea. He did do/write some good stuff, you know. Otherwise he would have been eliminated long ago and/or Bionicle would have stopped being a thing much sooner than it was. 

Amen

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Not quite. He did have to run names through with his higher-ups. And he had to get various scripts approved. It wasn't his idea to make Vakama go bad, after all.

I'm not saying everything the LEGO Group did was his doing. Rather, I'm saying the exact opposite: everything he did was the LEGO Group's doing. He is a part of the LEGO Group and thus all decision-making was shared between him and whatever other members of the story team happened to be involved in particular projects. You can't just blame "LEGO" for all the things you disliked about BIONICLE and then exempt him from liability.

I tend to be a lot more forgiving of Greg than a lot of fans seem to be. He's not a perfect writer by any means. Nobody is. And the serials had some serious problems. But at the same time, if you enjoyed the writing of the BIONICLE comics between 2001 and 2004, you have to remember that those were his doing as well. You don't have to be able to create good stories by yourself in order to tell a good story. And there are definitely a lot of parts of the BIONICLE storyline that might have been far worse without his involvement. The same could probably be said of most members of the story team. It's not like he and the rest of the story team were working at cross-purposes, and I'm sure they all had to compromise and make sacrifices in order to tell a cohesive story.