Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

The actual color of air, if such a thing even exists, isn't what matters to anyone here. We do, however, want Lewa to stay mostly green because he's always been made up of at least ninety percent green.

Lewa_Phantoka.jpg

that's hardly even 50% green

i mean, yeah, the 2008 colors sucked, but your claim is erroneous

I'd call that about 60% green, as some of his green is less clear from that angle. This picture from the BZP review of Lewa's Phantoka set, while missing his pins, shows off his green parts a bit better. You're right, though, that my numbers were off by a fair bit. I'll accept that.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Perhaps this fine MOC by DeeVee is biasing people's judgments?

In any event, if Lewa is a character, there's no reason why he couldn't be green, seeing as all the parts to make him green already exist.

Well, depends what color green you're talking about. "Mata Green" (Dark Green) has not been used a lot in constraction since 2003, and most of the constraction parts from back then have DEFINITELY been retired. Even if any of those molds still exist, they'd have to be reintroduced to the production line. It's not like the LEGO Group keeps hundreds of thousands of unused BIONICLE parts on hand in case they want to use them in sets again.

Also, even when "Mata Green" WAS being used in BIONICLE, it was not a common color — it was only used in five canister sets and two small sets, unlike colors like Bright Red and Bright Blue that were used in EVERY series of canister sets and small sets in those years, and also in sets like the Rahi and Bahrag.

"Lime Green" (Bright Yellowish Green) and "Metru Green" (Earth Green) are still present in sets, but not a whole lot of variety of those colors appears in this year's Hero Factory and Chima lineup. So a new Lewa might indeed mean adding new green parts to production no matter which green colors you used.

If Bionicle is indeed coming back, chances are it WOULD introduce a considerable number of new pieces to production regardless; the beginning of a new line usually does, from what I've seen.

Also, so long as Dark Green is a color still in production, I don't think it's necessarily unlikely it could appear in a constraction set again; it WAS used, albeit sparingly, in Nex 2.0. (unless that was bright green; I don't own the set myself, so I can't say.) If they truly are trying to appeal to nostalgia in a new Bionicle, using the original primary colors where possible would seem like an important thing. (Primary color here being used in the sense of a color scheme, not in the sense of red, yellow, and blue.)

And it just doesn't seem like Bionicle is coming back in 2015.  Yet it seems it is coming back 'soon' . That's why I say 2016.

I don't mean to be blunt, but if your evidence for why Bionicle will be returning in 2016 consists entirely of a feeling that it "seems" unlikely, it might be hard to get people to seriously consider your opinion. We've already found an gigantic amount of concrete evidence to support the theory that the theme will be revived in 2015, while nothing has surfaced that would suggest a revival in 2016.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

2 things: 1: If Bionicle came back, I would like a green and brown Lewa, and I would really like a brown mask on him. As long as there's some brown.3: I don't think Bionicle is coming back next year. That said, I think it will come back in 2016, though.

l

2 things: 1: If Bionicle came back, I would like a green and brown Lewa, and I would really like a brown mask on him. As long as there's some brown.3: I don't think Bionicle is coming back next year. That said, I think it will come back in 2016, though.

Lewa is the Toa of air, not the jungle
What does that have to do with anything? Last I checked, air in real life isn't green OR brown. In fact, most of the time it doesn't have any color at all. So there's no reason a green and brown Toa would be any less of an air Toa than a green one.
The point is that Toa of Air have always maintained a set color scheme, with green as primary and another off color as secondary. When you throw brown into the mix as a secondary color, the being looks more like a tree or plant - hence a Toa of Jungle. But you make a good point nevertheless.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if Lewa was a mix of green, brown AND teal as long as we got him back.

Edited by Jakuura
  • Upvote 1

And it just doesn't seem like Bionicle is coming back in 2015.  Yet it seems it is coming back 'soon' . That's why I say 2016.

I don't mean to be blunt, but if your evidence for why Bionicle will be returning in 2016 consists entirely of a feeling that it "seems" unlikely, it might be hard to get people to seriously consider your opinion. We've already found an gigantic amount of concrete evidence to support the theory that the theme will be revived in 2015, while nothing has surfaced that would suggest a revival in 2016.

About that “gigantic amount of concrete evidence”…what you cite is:

-Leaks, which are unconfirmed
-Lego’s response, which might be reasonable, but could I ask to see this response?
-Greg’s “suggestion”, which, if I’m right about what it is you’re referring to, is a case of people hearing what they want to hear rather than an actual suggestion
-Removal of a pinned statement on a forum, which also sounds reasonable

So that’s four points, at least two of which are shaky at best.  Words like “gigantic” and “concrete” aren’t exactly applicable here.
  • Upvote 5

They removed the pinned statement saying it isn't coming back.  I guess that's all of the evidence of Bionicle's return 'soon'.  You've got me there.  Also, someone's said this before, but Bionicle coming back isn't a 'new' theme.  And if they did plan to bring it back, why would they let someone say another constraction them was coming in 2015?

That's part of why I say it isn't coming back in 2015.  I can't discuss the other part because of BZPower's guidelines.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I agree with Noise #0579: Greg's post is probably just an answer to a question, not an accidental slip-up.

Edited by Willess12

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

About that “gigantic amount of concrete evidence”…what you cite is:

-Leaks, which are unconfirmed

-Lego’s response, which might be reasonable, but could I ask to see this response?

-Greg’s “suggestion”, which, if I’m right about what it is you’re referring to, is a case of people hearing what they want to hear rather than an actual suggestion

-Removal of a pinned statement on a forum, which also sounds reasonable

So that’s four points, at least two of which are shaky at best.  Words like “gigantic” and “concrete” aren’t exactly applicable here.

I assure you that the term "gigantic" is perfectly descriptive of my evidence. The leaks are, in effect, confirmed to be real in light of Lego's response. Likewise, Greg's suggestion is definitely not a case of wishful thinking on the part of his readers, and it is completely unreasonable for you to assume that without having knowledge of the context of the situation or of his exact response. I'd be glad to show you the statement sent by Lego to the offending Flickr members, as well as Greg's post in the official Chat with Greg Farshtey thread on the Lego Message Boards, but I'd prefer to do so by PM. Will that work?

AAZZ.jpg

If Lego confirmed the leaks are real, than I will admit that I was completely wrong.

(And be a little disappointed; that's the second-best reasoning I've ever posted.)

On the other hand, I've read Greg's post and the posts before it.  I still see nothing but an answer to a question.  I have not read anything on Flickr, though, or even heard of it.

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

They removed the pinned statement saying it isn't coming back.  I guess that's all of the evidence of Bionicle's return 'soon'.  You've got me there.  Also, someone's said this before, but Bionicle coming back isn't a 'new' theme.  And if they did plan to bring it back, why would they let someone say another constraction them was coming in 2015?

That's part of why I say it isn't coming back in 2015.  I can't discuss the other part because of BZPower's guidelines.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I agree with Noise #0579: Greg's post is probably just an answer to a question, not an accidental slip-up.

There's plenty of other evidence. I agree that Bionicle would not typically be considered a new theme; in fact, I was just as skeptical, mainly on this point, as you until I had found all of my current evidence. I have no idea what "other" constraction theme you're referring to. No official source has mentioned a second new constraction theme with a release date in 2015. Since you still seem to be unconvinced, would you like me to send the PM that I'll be sending to Noise #0579 to you too?

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

AAZZ.jpg

Sure, send me a PM.

I guess I'll weigh in on another matter.  A reboot sounds a bit more likely as far as story goes, since one of the things cited as bringing the theme down was how convoluted it became, not to mention that the intention would probably be to bring in new buyers more than appeal to old ones (who they might think will buy regardless).  A large timeskip would be possible, but picking up where they left off has about a 0.1% chance of occurring.  In addition to the previously stated reasons, I believe Greg explicitly said that they wouldn't be just resuming the story.

So I guess we'll just have these loose plot points hanging for eternity whether it comes back or not.

@Artahka's Nephew: If you have something from Lego, go ahead and PM me. 

And, uh, I was referring to the one constraction theme already confirmed to be coming out in 2015.  I just tried to use different language in an evidently failed effort to avoid confusion.

Edit: not trying to sound rude or argumentative, BTW.

Edited by Willess12

If Lego confirmed the leaks are real, than I will admit that I was completely wrong.(And be a little disappointed; that's the second-best reasoning I've ever posted.)

If you want to save yourself some time, you're free to admit that you're completely wrong right now.

:lol-sign:

But hey, I want a PM, too.

And also, if the new constraction theme for 2015 isn't Bionicle, how come we haven't heard anything else about it? Suspicious...

Edited by Jakuura
  • Upvote 1

That is a good question.  Then again, maybe they want to keep it a secret as much as they would want to keep Bionicle's return a secret?

That is a good question.  Then again, maybe they want to keep it a secret as much as they would want to keep Bionicle's return a secret?

True. I guess there are many sensible reasons as to why they wouldn't reveal anything, but still... wouldn't we get a few leaks? Or am I just assuming too much?

We have gotten a few leaks.  They point to Bionicle.

Edit: potential leaks, I mean.

Edited by Willess12

True. I guess there are many sensible reasons as to why they wouldn't reveal anything, but still... wouldn't we get a few leaks? Or am I just assuming too much?

Should this be the case, I'd say the most likely scenarios would be that people just haven't cared enough to look as hard (since we know nothing about this new theme).  Also, I believe I've heard that July is early for leaks anyway, though admittedly I don't have a good source on that.

@Artahka's Nephew: If you have something from Lego, go ahead and PM me. 

And, uh, I was referring to the one constraction theme already confirmed to be coming out in 2015.  I just tried to use different language in an evidently failed effort to avoid confusion.

Edit: not trying to sound rude or argumentative, BTW.

I must have misunderstood; it might have been your mention of "another" constraction theme that confused me. Anyway, I'm glad that we got that straightened out. I'll be able to PM both you and Noise #0579 about the evidence that I have tomorrow afternoon; you can look for it then. I'm trying to avoid being rude or spiteful also; this discussion seems to bring out strong emotions in members pretty often.

AAZZ.jpg

Not necessarily. This is a bit early in the year for leaks. Those typically start to show up in August or September (though since leaks aren't supposed to come out at all, it's not as though they're on a fixed schedule).

Likewise, the new constraction theme for 2015 (whether it is BIONICLE or not) wasn't supposed to be announced, hence why it was taken down. Asger Johansen just posted it on his LinkedIn to give a sense of his qualifications. Evidently he thought he was being vague enough about its nature and not disclosing anything important, but the fact that it got taken down suggests that even the knowledge of a new constraction theme next year was more than the LEGO Group wanted getting out. His actions do not confirm the theme's identity as a new theme or as BIONICLE in any way, because the LEGO Group would probably want to keep any new project like that under wraps whether it be a new theme or a reboot of an old one.

Personally, I find the evidence for BIONICLE's return pretty abundant. The evidence we've seen has seemed very convincing to me, and there have been a lot of people and websites backing up the various claims associated with it. So as I've said before, if it is a hoax, then it's an elaborate one with a lot of thought put into it and a lot of people involved. Personally, I don't think I'm going to feel bad either way. There'd be nothing shameful in being fooled by a prank people put so much effort into coordinating. Let's face it, the BIONICLE fandom could use the excitement.

• Upvote 1

I hope that the new line is Boneheads of Voodoo Island

That is a good question. Then again, maybe they want to keep it a secret as much as they would want to keep Bionicle's return a secret?

Not necessarily. This is a bit early in the year for leaks. Those typically start to show up in August or September (though since leaks aren't supposed to come out at all, it's not as though they're on a fixed schedule).Likewise, the new constraction theme for 2015 (whether it is BIONICLE or not) wasn't supposed to be announced, hence why it was taken down. Asger Johansen just posted it on his LinkedIn to give a sense of his qualifications. Evidently he thought he was being vague enough about its nature and not disclosing anything important, but the fact that it got taken down suggests that even the knowledge of a new constraction theme next year was more than the LEGO Group wanted getting out. His actions do not confirm the theme's identity as a new theme or as BIONICLE in any way, because the LEGO Group would probably want to keep any new project like that under wraps whether it be a new theme or a reboot of an old one.Personally, I find the evidence for BIONICLE's return pretty abundant. The evidence we've seen has seemed very convincing to me, and there have been a lot of people and websites backing up the various claims associated with it. So as I've said before, if it is a hoax, then it's an elaborate one with a lot of thought put into it and a lot of people involved. Personally, I don't think I'm going to feel bad either way. There'd be nothing shameful in being fooled by a prank people put so much effort into coordinating. Let's face it, the BIONICLE fandom could use the excitement.
Yeah, you make some good points here. But I personally won't be to happy if it's a hoax - having entered the Bionicle fandom later than most, I need some more Bionicle. But yes, the evidence seems to support it more than not.

Oh, please no.

Though to be honest, I prefer that to Doo-Heads :P

Edited by Jakuura

Nah man, it's gotta be Bionic Recur Unit (see the Faber Files)

or Galidor *gets disowned by entire BZP community*

aaanyways, what if we get a new constraction theme alongside Bionicle's return? Personally I'd like a "mecha" theme, I'd hate to see the new IFB cockpits unused. Heck, bring Exo-Force back while you're at it! (They did say there would be an emphasis on older themes in 2015, right?)

sig.jpg

Kinda off-topic, but I just looked at the list of who was browsing this forum, and it said Bing (1), which is evidently not someone's username.  What's a Bing?

Back on topic... I hope we get some Glatorian, Agori, or even Skrall if Bionicle comes back.

Aaaand you can tell I'm starting to believe Bionicle is coming back now because I didn't say "If Bionicle comes back, I hope we get...."

What if Matoro was the main villain?

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I would not enjoy that what so ever. It would make his memorable sacrifice pathetic. Please, just, no.

Would it make a difference if he couldn't help it?

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I wouldn't call the evidences you mentioned gigantic or concrete. Until LEGO actually confirms the return of Bionicle, all of your "evidence" is simply speculation. LEGO removed Bionicle from a "themes never to return" list. Okay, sounds fishy, but there isn't any hard evidence backing that up. You're only speculating. They could of removed it for a handful of other reasons.

I'd say that bonesiii has the best idea so far: wait. None of this so-called evidence is backed up by anything but speculation, which isn't proof of anything.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

Kinda off-topic, but I just looked at the list of who was browsing this forum, and it said Bing (1), which is evidently not someone's username.  What's a Bing?

Bing is a search engine, and it was probably just scanning the page for search terms, or creating a cached copy, or something.

• Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I would not enjoy that what so ever. It would make his memorable sacrifice pathetic. Please, just, no.

Might as well say that Tahu is the main villain. That Golden Armor of his did absorb all the abilities of the killed Kraata.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Might as well say that Tahu is the main villain. That Golden Armor of his did absorb all the abilities of the killed Kraata.

All of 1 ability? I'm pretty sure there were only heat vision Rahkshi on Bara Magna. :P

But yeah, I agree. Why(and how) would Matoro be the villain?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife