Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I don't know about everyone else, but I wasn't kidding about making the Agori/Glatorian to be the main focus, at least for a year or two. Canonically, they were around first, and the Matoran and Toa were based off of them. Plus they have a more equal gender dispersion, and, because they're organic beings, not just constructs, they are capable of feeling love and developing more meaningful relationships. I think it would be a nice break to focus on them for a change. 

However, that doesn't mean that the Matoran will disappear completely. The story could begin to introduce inter-species conflicts and having a group of Agori or Matoran go rouge because they loathe to mingle with the other group. That might add a new layer to the social interactions between the species. 

bZpOwEr

I don't know about everyone else, but I wasn't kidding about making the Agori/Glatorian to be the main focus, at least for a year or two. Canonically, they were around first, and the Matoran and Toa were based off of them. Plus they have a more equal gender dispersion, and, because they're organic beings, not just constructs, they are capable of feeling love and developing more meaningful relationships. I think it would be a nice break to focus on them for a change. 

No. I don't like the Agori or the Glatorian. They're just a bit... meh, I guess. They were never fighting to save their universe like the Nuva or the Mahri, and what's more, the overwhelming majority of them have no powers.

So Agori and Glatorian are boring.

VBWj75sh.png

No. I don't like the Agori or the Glatorian. They're just a bit... meh, I guess. They were never fighting to save their universe like the Nuva or the Mahri, and what's more, the overwhelming majority of them have no powers.

I can see your point in that, but that can be a mental challenge that the heroes have to overcome. 

You know, trying to prove oneself worthy of existing on a planet, or something like that. And at the end, they could be rewarded with powers, kind of like how the Mata got all Nuvafied and their abilities were upgraded. 

bZpOwEr

That was my exact issue with them. That and the annoying lack of high tech. :P:P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Well to be honest what was there to save? Their planet was pretty much a berren wasteland, broken beyond relief, and they all had limited supplys meaning thay had to engage in mock warfare in order to have a chance of surrivial.

Edited by Infamousevil
  • Upvote 1

The surprise was vampires!

I can see your point in that, but that can be a mental challenge that the heroes have to overcome. 

You know, trying to prove oneself worthy of existing on a planet, or something like that. And at the end, they could be rewarded with powers, kind of like how the Mata got all Nuvafied and their abilities were upgraded. 

Yeah, but what's the point in giving them powers after they've done the mask quest? What would they use the powers for?

VBWj75sh.png

Yeah, but what's the point in giving them powers after they've done the mask quest? What would they use the powers for?

The answer is what the Toa Nuva did: go on more adventures with your new powers. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

No, I think giving powers to more of the Agori and Glatorian would detract from the skills they already have. I men, look how much they've survived without powers. Besides, being mostly organic, Glatorian given Toa powers are far weaker, so I don't see much point in turning the Glatorian into weak Toa when the story could just focus on the strong Toa. If there was a year or two where the storyline that focused on the Agori and Glatorian, I'd like it to focus on them as they are; they're already special and unique in their own ways. They have their own skills and techniques, and they're excellent survivors.

I'd like an Agori/Glatorian driven storyline to focus on the aspects that make them different and special, rather than just turning them into a weaker organic equivalent of Toa and Matoran.

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Also, any doubters should consider that there are no Hero Factory 2015 rumors, despite...recent events.

• Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Also, any doubters should consider that there are no Hero Factory 2015 rumors, despite...recent events.

Recent events? Are you just talking about the flood of Bio 2015 rumours, or is there something else I've missed? 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

My source tells me that HF is done.

That sounds quite mysterious. Mind telling us who the source is? 

Is this a credible source? Or is it the kind of source that our leaks policy would bar us from discussing?

Is this a credible source? Or is it the kind of source that our leaks policy would bar us from discussing?

If it's a credible source you can back up, it should be turned in as news on the front page.

If it's a credible source you can back up, it should be turned in as news on the front page.

It's a perfectly credible source, but it is still leaked information.

The leaks policy stops us from discussing nearly everything except for our speculation.   :lol-sign:

I haven't seen it stop much of any discussion. 
Edited by XONAR
Bliss.png

Hey, wait a minute.  Wasn't there a video where a kid had a letter from LEGO that confirmed HF 2015?  I posted about it a few pages ago.  I'd link to it, but... is that allowed?

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Hey, wait a minute.  Wasn't there a video where a kid had a letter from LEGO that confirmed HF 2015?  I posted about it a few pages ago.  I'd link to it, but... is that allowed?

Yes, there is that video, but I don't trust him as much as the source who confirmed that HF is dead. 

Bliss.png

It just occurred to me: Lego never answered the email I sent them absolutely ages ago asking if they were willing to comment on the validity of the rumours. I got the verification email telling me that they received it and would reply, but they never did. 

It would seem that Lego doesn't even want to acknowledge the rumours existing...

The plot thickens...

• Upvote 2

Eh... I'm in the camp of people who think it's wrong to propogate that girls are "supposed" to limit their interests to things that are all pink and frilly and princessy. I mean, if a girl really does love that stuff, fine, give it too them... but I know girls who have hated that stuff since they were little. I know girls who LOVE Bionicle. Heck, my own mother has said that when she was little, she never wanted to be a princess. She thought that was stupid. She wanted to go find DINOSAURS.

If girls like that are really such a small percentage of lego's market, then fine... but I honestly find that kind of hard to believe. Again, I must touch upon Young Justice and its audience. Why SHOULDN'T a girl wanna be Batgirl, or Miss Martian, or Artemis or whoever? Why shouldn't they buy the comics and action figures? Girls can be cool, too.

Actually... now that I think about it, lego's always shown BOYS playing in their commercials, huh? Maybe that has something to do with the stereotype that it's a boy's toy in the first place.

I guess the simplest way I can put it is this... and it's something I never even thought about as a kid until my own father pointed it out to me as we were strolling through Toys R Us. When you go to the boys' aisle, it isn't just one solid mass of blue. There's all sorts of colors! It encourages diversity in their interests, to enjoy lots and lots of different things. When you go to the girls' aisle, though, it's just this sea of pink junk that's sickening to look at! I think this encourages girls to have narrow interests, to conform to "special" things that are made just for them. To that end, I do think Lego Friends is pretty progressive that way.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

-snip-

I agree 100%. 

It just occurred to me: Lego never answered the email I sent them absolutely ages ago asking if they were willing to comment on the validity of the rumours. I got the verification email telling me that they received it and would reply, but they never did. 

It would seem that Lego doesn't even want to acknowledge the rumours existing...

The plot thickens...

I imagine that Lego gets a fair amount of emails similar to that, so if they were replying to them, I don't think that it would happen very swiftly. 

bZpOwEr

Yes, there is that video, but I don't trust him as much as the source who confirmed that HF is dead. 

I really hope it's done. I'm sick of seeing the pitifully small aisle of them at my local stores. (Most of which are normally on clearance.) It's kind of depressing. 

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I feel pretty confident that Hero Factory is done. Bummer for fans, but it might not be permanent.

As for gender diversity, I feel as though a fair and balanced gender ratio is important for the brand. And as an original fan in 2001, where I did swap genders, I fully support Lego in swapping genders of half the Toa team to remain balanced and fair. With Gali, Pohatu, and Lewa, the latter two I often considered female anyway. But it's also important for Lego to remove the monogendered tribes, and if those steps are taken then Bionicle could easily flourish as a unisex brand for kids to grow into. Lego Friends shouldn't be the only theme welcoming girls. And Bionicle always had a defined female fanbase.

-You're really irritating.
-Does irritating mean "fun"?

Recent events? Are you just talking about the flood of Bio 2015 rumours, or is there something else I've missed?

Yeah, why haven't we seen any HF leaks? If it was truly here to stay, HF leaks would be as famous as all the Bionicle leaks right about now.

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

But the thing is, very few people want to see HF's next sets, compared to the people who want Bionicle 2015, which appears to be about half of the internet, judging by what I've seen. So going by the supply/demand thingy, if a leaker has time to get a HF leak or a Bionicle leak, which do you think will get them more publicity? There's lots of demand for Bionicle leaks, but quite small supply, and there's very little demand for HF leaks, and so therefore there isn't much, if any, supply.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

The plot thickens...

I imagine that Lego gets a fair amount of emails similar to that, so if they were replying to them, I don't think that it would happen very swiftly. 

It's been said Lego don't confirm or even comment on leaks and rumours. Yes, I know the question was whether they were willing to comment, but in all likelihood the lack of a reply is simply their no-comment attitude in effect.

Edited by Sir Kohran
  • Upvote 2

But the thing is, very few people want to see HF's next sets, compared to the people who want Bionicle 2015, which appears to be about half of the internet, judging by what I've seen. So going by the supply/demand thingy, if a leaker has time to get a HF leak or a Bionicle leak, which do you think will get them more publicity? There's lots of demand for Bionicle leaks, but quite small supply, and there's very little demand for HF leaks, and so therefore there isn't much, if any, supply.

Trust me when I say this - my contact is reliable, and says there's no more Hero Factory for the foreseeable future.

Additionally, the leaker does not want publicity - in fact, it took some effort to prevent the leaker's identity from being spread around.

• Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Mmm Chro's doing some sketchy business here. Working in the black-market, helping leak classified information online. Tsk tsk tsk.  :P

Yeah, if Bionicle 2015 turns out to be a clever ploy, I'm blaming Chro. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr