Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

We shouldn't get too excited about these leaks. As real as they seem, it's not the first time a realistic scam has come out. Remember the so-called limited edition mutated Brutaka from 2007? Or the Lego James Bond theme that was supposed to come out this year? Don't buy into these leaks completely... As far as I'm concerned we won't have undeniable evidence until Lego officially announces a Bionicle return

Edited by Matoro Lives
  • Upvote 1

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

We shouldn't get too excited about these leaks. As real as they seem, it's not the first time a realistic scam has come out. Remember the so-called limited edition mutated Brutaka from 2007? Or the Lego James Bond theme that was supposed to come out this year? Don't buy into these leaks completely... As far as I'm concerned we won't have undeniable evidence until Lego officially announces a Bionicle return

The limited-edition mutated brutaka was obviously fake. Look at it. It's clearly a photo of the model, when, to my knowledge, almost all Bionicle packaging art was CGI that was hardly convincing enough to look like a photo. Plus, it's not that much different from the base set, which is something I can't think of as having precedent in titan sets. I can't think of any really convincing fakes; most are pretty obviously fake, either by not introducing new pieces or introducing new pieces obviously cobbled from old pieces in photoshop. None of those signs are present with the current leaks. Not that I'm saying they're legitimate, but they are nowhere near as obvious as your example of Brutaka.

That Brutaka had glare on it from a camera flash. I don't think that many people were fooled by it. (Although it would've been awesome if it was released!)

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

To all of the people who keep discussing the leaks as the only evidence, it's more than just the "leaked images". There's a small pile of coincidences that have been stacking up, all pointing at the likelihood of a return. I'm 99% certain that it will be returning; the only thing we don't actually have is confirmation from TLG. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

While lots of evidence does stack up, of course we'd have to wait for an official confirmation by TLG. The "2 slots" things seems interesting, so it seems TLG has something to announce at Comic-Con...,Bonkles, perhaps?

On another note...

Bionicle returning in 2015

Pokemon ORAS this year

5 new Mega Evolutions

15 divides by 5=3

Half Life 3 confirmed for Winter 2014-Spring 2015

(just had to do that)

• Upvote 1

sig.jpg

Stupid Undersea Brutaka...

To all of the people who keep discussing the leaks as the only evidence, it's more than just the "leaked images". There's a small pile of coincidences that have been stacking up, all pointing at the likelihood of a return. I'm 99% certain that it will be returning; the only thing we don't actually have is confirmation from TLG.

Actually, we also don't have clear color images. Those would be nice.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

While lots of evidence does stack up, of course we'd have to wait for an official confirmation by TLG. The "2 slots" things seems interesting, so it seems TLG has something to announce at Comic-Con...,Bonkles, perhaps?

On another note...

Bionicle returning in 2015

Pokemon ORAS this year

5 new Mega Evolutions

15 divides by 5=3

Half Life 3 confirmed for Winter 2014-Spring 2015

(just had to do that)

Nono, that's impossible, we all know that GabeN can't count to 3. 

esDbByv.jpg

I think the "two slots" thing sounds like it was just somebody making something up, since it's not clear what they even meant by "slots". If they meant "panels", we already know there are more than two LEGO panels, but we already know what all of those are about (Ninjago, Legends of Chima, LEGO Batman 3, and The LEGO Movie). And if they meant "booths"... well, that's still no reason to assume BIONICLE, especially because I can't imagine the LEGO Group dedicating half of their exhibitor space to a not-yet-announced theme.

What do you all think of this?

youngjusticeforever wrote:
Hi greg. I have a few questions.
1. What do you think would be the names of some Makuta Viruses?
2. IF bionicle were to return, would it be possible, for Tuma, or Tuyet, to somehow steal the mask of life, and recreate themself(themselves) as Makuta, then bring back the Makuta?
3. If it were up to you, would you bring back BIONICLE?

1) No idea. I no longer have any approved BIONICLE names I can use, so I can't assign names to anything.
2) You are assuming that if it came back, it would pick up where it left off. Don't assume that, because it might not be the best way for LEGO to go if they wanted to bring it back. It would force new kids to catch up on nine years of story to figure out what is going on.
3) Yes, if I felt it would sell.

Edit: 1) I hope this doesn't come across as strange or annoying, but why can't you confirm the kind of brains that the MU inhabitants possess? Storywise, they seem to possess the traits of an organic brain, such as loss of conciousness from a lack of oxygen. However, the MU inhabitant's status as AI seems to imply that their brains are at least partially mechanical.

1) Simple. LEGO owns BIONICLE, which means LEGO could bring it back someday if they so choose. What the brain is made of is, to me, kind of important as it does affect other aspects of story. I do not want to give an official answer on something like that and box some future story team into either living with it or having to retcon my answer out.
Edited by Boidoh
  • Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Well, there's nothing wrong with being hopeful for one possibility as long as you're prepared for the other possibilities. A Comic-Con reveal is definitely NOT a certainty — even if BIONICLE is coming back, it's unusual for a new theme for next year to get an official reveal this early in the year. Mixels and Super Heroes are some of the only themes I can think of that were formally announced at San Diego Comic-Con in recent years. But the possibility is there, especially since Comic-Con has an emphasis on entertainment media and a new BIONICLE would definitely have some sort of multimedia component.

• Upvote 4

Hello there. I do believe that Bionicle will make a return in 2015 although not the same as the Bionicle we grew up with.  If you want to learn a little more about the possible return of Bionicle in 2015 I suggest https://www.youtube.com/user/thethreevirtues but I'm not saying this is real so do remember that it may not be the return of bionicle. ~  :m: :e: :t: :a:

I am   :m_d:   :m_d:   :e:   :t:   :m_o:   :x:, leader of the Rogue Toa and son of Makuta!

post-111646-0-02758200-1405990834_thumb.jpg

So do you guys think it will be revealed at comicon 2014?

BTW this was the 700000 post! :D

I don't think that it will be. I have no evidence that says that it either will or won't be revealed, but I just have this feeling that it won't be revealed yet.

But I could be wrong. I guess time will tell.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

What BIONICLE needs when it returns is awesome music like Move Along, Creeping in my Soul, and Gravity Hurts. Bring back All American Rejects and Cyroshell!

• Upvote 1

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I think AAR is dead. Cryoshell might be still alive, given that they did Breakout's credit music, but I haven't heard much from them since.

I personally want to see more from Daughtry. Crashed was an excellent song.

Though, Creeping in My Soul and Gravity Hurts by Cryoshell are pretty high up on my list, too.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

They still exist.

From Wikipedia:

The band headlined the Slam Dunk festival tour in the UK on the Bank Holiday weekend of May 2014, alongside other bands such as Goldfinger, Letlive, We the Kings and Zebrahead.[40]
  • Upvote 1

All American Rejects.

Cyroshell still exists too...

• Upvote 1

I'm just thinking about how BZpower would operate in case of a revival. A lot has changed, and Bionicle discussion has spread to a lot of other places. Will we ever get the number of members we had in the early 2000s? What if Lego opens their own official forums?

I'm just thinking about how BZpower would operate in case of a revival. A lot has changed, and Bionicle discussion has spread to a lot of other places. Will we ever get the number of members we had in the early 2000s? What if Lego opens their own official forums?

Lego already has their own official forums: it's called the Lego Message Boards, and it's been around for about as long as yonder forum as been around. BZP has little to fear. 

• Upvote 1

Lego already has their own official forums: it's called the Lego Message Boards, and it's been around for about as long as yonder forum as been around. BZP has little to fear. 

I personally don't like it's layout.

On topic though, BZPower will most likely stay the same just we'll probably be talking more about Bionicle than we have for the past 4 years.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

On topic though, BZPower will most likely stay the same just we'll probably be talking more about Bionicle than we have for the past 4 years.

I think we would also be getting a lot of new members as well...

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I think we would also be getting a lot of new members as well...

Yay! New members! I hope it comes back just so we can share all of our memories of Bionicle with an entirely new generation, while celebrating it return with the old one. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I just hope that it's not dumbed down to hero factory's level of dumbness or lower, because if that's the case then I'll just jump off the top of Mount Ihu.

And if they do dumb it down let's just hope that it se-mi acceptable by the older audience like myself.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Why would they dumb it down? If it's something close to a retelling, then the first few years will be around the same level of dumbness as 01-03, like many other people have said above. 

I'm looking forward to getting my friends at school into Bionicle; some of them had sets, but none of them followed the story. I reckon that one of them (Who happens to be almost a carbon copy of myself) would love the story.

And I want a multiplayer MNOG. Basically, a video game version of the BZPRPG. That would be... amazing. 

VBWj75sh.png

Wow....I take a break from BZPower for a few months and return to discover that BIONICLE might possibly come back, and that there is actually some substantial evidence to back such an idea up.

I have nothing to say except that I'm trying really hard to keep my expectations low. I don't want my hopes crushed....

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Been following the rumours loosely lately - trying to not form any expectations though . I feel if they revived the line we could expect it to be as similar to Bionicle to the more recent constraction lines with the Bionicle theming and branding being used primarily for convenience (TLC would already own the licensing and copyrights for everything etc...) and for the fact it was a very well established and successful franchise. Beyond that I think it'd be a very fresh start with little connection to the original line beyond a few references here and there and the same similarities the current sets share with the Bionicle sets. Exciting if it happens though. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Been following the rumours loosely lately - trying to not form any expectations though . I feel if they revived the line we could expect it to be as similar to Bionicle to the more recent constraction lines with the Bionicle theming and branding being used primarily for convenience (TLC would already own the licensing and copyrights for everything etc...) and for the fact it was a very well established and successful franchise. Beyond that I think it'd be a very fresh start with little connection to the original line beyond a few references here and there and the same similarities the current sets share with the Bionicle sets. Exciting if it happens though. :)

TBH, I just want to see a lot of promotion for it, like we had back in 2001. That really made Bionicle feel special and unique to me - seeing all those teasers and posters that make things mysterious. That's a big part of it for me.

• Upvote 1

TBH, I just want to see a lot of promotion for it, like we had back in 2001. That really made Bionicle feel special and unique to me - seeing all those teasers and posters that make things mysterious. That's a big part of it for me.

For me the big thing was the promotions in the expanded universe sense - the comics, games, books, websites and all made it feel like something you could really immerse yourself into. Given how TLC has handled recent lines I think it's safe to say we'd be getting a lot of that with a returning Bionicle line. It'd be awesome to have some viral marketing leading up to it as well. I'd kill for another online adventure game or RPG. :P

• Upvote 1
photo-50441.gif

I doubt that a new Bionicle would get as many promotions as it did back in, lets say, 2002. 

While I think we could get new comics, I doubt that we would get as many books as before, if we'd get any at all.

As many before me have said, I think that a TV show is much more feasible.

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

I'd imagine the books are easier/less costly for Lego to produce than a TV series (though perhaps less effective from an advertising/marketing point of view?) - but don't the current lines tend to have games, books and TV series? I don't see why it would be different for Bionicle, particularly given its history.

photo-50441.gif

If a new comic were released, I'd want it to be as unpatronising as it was in the original saga. Sure, it got a bit Power Rangers at times, but I never minded because of how the story was handled overall.

Also, I saw over on the LEGO Message Boards, in the Ask Greg forum, that he said something like "the MNOGs were entirely canon except for the romance elements". Why was the romance cut? I don't think it detracted from the story at all, so did LEGO just want to avoid opening up a potential can of worms?

And Adventurer, your sig is marvellous.

Edited by Jam Pot
  • Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg