Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Been following the rumours loosely lately - trying to not form any expectations though . I feel if they revived the line we could expect it to be as similar to Bionicle to the more recent constraction lines with the Bionicle theming and branding being used primarily for convenience (TLC would already own the licensing and copyrights for everything etc...) and for the fact it was a very well established and successful franchise. Beyond that I think it'd be a very fresh start with little connection to the original line beyond a few references here and there and the same similarities the current sets share with the Bionicle sets. Exciting if it happens though. :)

TBH, I just want to see a lot of promotion for it, like we had back in 2001. That really made Bionicle feel special and unique to me - seeing all those teasers and posters that make things mysterious. That's a big part of it for me.

For me the big thing was the promotions in the expanded universe sense - the comics, games, books, websites and all made it feel like something you could really immerse yourself into. Given how TLC has handled recent lines I think it's safe to say we'd be getting a lot of that with a returning Bionicle line. It'd be awesome to have some viral marketing leading up to it as well. I'd kill for another online adventure game or RPG. :P

Definitely. A MMORPG is what I want to see, something similar to Lego Universe.

I doubt that a new Bionicle would get as many promotions as it did back in, lets say, 2002. 

While I think we could get new comics, I doubt that we would get as many books as before, if we'd get any at all.

As many before me have said, I think that a TV show is much more feasible.

There were no BIONICLE books in 2002. The first BIONICLE books were released in 2003.

I don't know how much we can expect in what will essentially be the new BIONICLE's debut year, but there's no reason not to expect some significant media support.

For instance, the first wave of Ninjago sets was released in January 2011, and it got a 44-minute TV special that same month. The official guide book was released in April, and the first Ninjago books in the US were released at the beginning of August (European Ninjago storybooks were released earlier, between May and July). Six two-minute mini movies were released online later in the year, followed by the two-episode premiere of the full TV series in December. The first graphic novel was released in November.

Thanks to Ninjago's knockout success, Legends of Chima got media support even more rapidly. It got a full season of TV episodes its first year, along with an MMO and illustrated storybooks. There's no guarantee that BIONICLE will receive this much support. The constraction category is a bit more niche than the LEGO Group's regular playthemes. But at the same time, BIONICLE was inherently a story-driven theme. I can't imagine the LEGO Group would bring it back if they weren't prepared to give it the media support it needs.

I doubt that a new Bionicle would get as many promotions as it did back in, lets say, 2002. 

While I think we could get new comics, I doubt that we would get as many books as before, if we'd get any at all.

As many before me have said, I think that a TV show is much more feasible.

There were no BIONICLE books in 2002. The first BIONICLE books were released in 2003.

I don't know how much we can expect in what will essentially be the new BIONICLE's debut year, but there's no reason not to expect some significant media support.

For instance, the first wave of Ninjago sets was released in January 2011, and it got a 44-minute TV special that same month. The official guide book was released in April, and the first Ninjago books in the US were released at the beginning of August (European Ninjago storybooks were released earlier, between May and July). Six two-minute mini movies were released online later in the year, followed by the two-episode premiere of the full TV series in December. The first graphic novel was released in November.

Thanks to Ninjago's knockout success, Legends of Chima got media support even more rapidly. It got a full season of TV episodes its first year, along with an MMO and illustrated storybooks. There's no guarantee that BIONICLE will receive this much support. The constraction category is a bit more niche than the LEGO Group's regular playthemes. But at the same time, BIONICLE was inherently a story-driven theme. I can't imagine the LEGO Group would bring it back if they weren't prepared to give it the media support it needs.

I know that 2002 didn't have any books, I was speaking about books in general. I was just saying that 2002 had (as far as I know) the most promotions. For instance the McDonald's trading cards, the Bohrok launch in New York, a new Video game etc.

Hail Denmark

Also, I saw over on the LEGO Message Boards, in the Ask Greg forum, that he said something like "the MNOGs were entirely canon except for the romance elements". Why was the romance cut? I don't think it detracted from the story at all, so did LEGO just want to avoid opening up a potential can of worms?

My understanding was that Greg felt it was illogical for a species incapable of procreation. He has a good point. But by the same token, free-will and emotions (with the possible exception of fear) do not really make sense for nano-technology, and yet they are obviously canon, explained as the result of an anomaly in the system of the Matoran Universe. It seems quite possible to me that what little romance we saw, childish as it was, could also have been a result of said anomaly.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Also, I saw over on the LEGO Message Boards, in the Ask Greg forum, that he said something like "the MNOGs were entirely canon except for the romance elements". Why was the romance cut? I don't think it detracted from the story at all, so did LEGO just want to avoid opening up a potential can of worms?

My understanding was that Greg felt it was illogical for a species incapable of procreation. He has a good point. But by the same token, free-will and emotions (with the possible exception of fear) do not really make sense for nano-technology, and yet they are obviously canon, explained as the result of an anomaly in the system of the Matoran Universe. It seems quite possible to me that what little romance we saw, childish as it was, could also have been a result of said anomaly.

This... this is something I've wanted to bring up somewhere, but you did it pefectly for me :)

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me - if, because of the anomaly, Matoran have emotions and feelings, why is love not among them? Obviously there is no reproduction, and thus no attraction of such, but why does this rule out the emotion of love?

• Upvote 1

This... this is something I've wanted to bring up somewhere, but you did it pefectly for me :)

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me - if, because of the anomaly, Matoran have emotions and feelings, why is love not among them? Obviously there is no reproduction, and thus no attraction of such, but why does this rule out the emotion of love?

I like to think that MU inhabitants are capable of love. Friendship is a kind of love anyway, so I don't see why romantic love is such a problem. A lot of people today engage in healthy, loving relationships but are celibates, so I guess it's not hard to believe that MU residents can value the same kind of love.

Non-canonicity aside, I still ship Macku and Hewkii.

This got weird very quickly.

On-topic. I know it's never going to happen (or not likely to) but I would love to see Shadow Toa Ahkmou as a set, especially after reading Nova Orbis.

Other characters who never got sets that I'd want would be Meldingverse Teridax, Helryx (even though her presence in the serials somewhat annoyed me), Tuyet, Turaga Lhikan (for the Noble Hau, preferably similar to how it is shown in LoMN), Artahka and Karzahni would make great Titan sets (and I'd love to see what their combo model could be), Varian (since we don't have any Toa of Psionics in set form, and a non-squishie Calix would be swell) and, above all, the Kestora. Why so much love for the Kestora? Think of the purple pieces!

Thinking more realistically though, if a much simpler new wave of BIONICLE sets were to come out, the kind of sets I'd like to see would be a wave of six 'villagers'. In the far future, the Agori and Matoran might regard themselves as one people with little distinction between them, and I always loved being able to buy the smaller sets (the Bohrok Va were my favourites).

I'd also quite like to see the Element Lords. They could easily be the new villains, and they were meant to be the 2010 villains anyway, and if you want to make things simple they require little introduction anyway.

Edited by Jam Pot
  • Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

I like to think that MU inhabitants are capable of love. Friendship is a kind of love anyway, so I don't see why romantic love is such a problem. A lot of people today engage in healthy, loving relationships but are celibates, so I guess it's not hard to believe that MU residents can value the same kind of love.

Non-canonicity aside, I still ship Macku and Hewkii.

This got weird very quickly.

Exactly. Toa and Matoran alike have shown their ability to exhibit friendship, which is a form of love in itself. I don't see why a romance-type of love is impossible.

And yes. Yes it did.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

I saw the " " "leaked set list" " " and I'm taking it with a boulder of salt, but I was very happy with what I saw, and I think I understand what kind of story they could be going for with those. Honestly, I would be satisfied with anything that LEGO slaps the name "Bionicle" onto. I don't really get the whole "the new stuff sucks so it completely ruins my childhood" thing, at worst I'd be disappointed that the younger kids aren't getting the same experience and quality that we had but they probably would love it anyways, so I'm not worried about that at all; I do have very high hopes if the rumors do turn out to be true.

And I double checked, the first printing of the Bionicle books was in August of 2003.

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Re: Romance- Both arguments make sense- yes, the characters don't need romance, but if their brains are modelled on Glatorian and Agori, it could easily be explained- *if* a writer wanted to include it. Macku's and Hewkii's affection for each other was also discussed in many other online materials, including official character bios- as were Hahli and Jaller's, which even made it into MoL.

The question is, if they did have that capacity, how would they express it socially? Would dating be a "thing"? Would they understand the concept of romance and the feelings they experienced? The stuff we saw of Hewkii and Macku was early-relationship cuteness, so where would it go from there had they been able to continue? In practice, I think any romance would really be little different to a close friendship, perhaps with a more flirty tone and more hand-holding - which could probably work, if a writer was committed and was able to do it without being mushy. Progressing from cute awkwardness through to a more married-couple-like dynamic could be fun.

The sad thing about Greg's writing, I think, is that he's reluctant to even show these relationships as close friendships. Macku and Hewkii have had little interaction or mention of each other (although apparently Hewkii's swimming lesson, at least, was canon), and the friendship between Hahli and Jaller is overlooked in favour of duos like Hewkii and Kongu. Furthermore, Jaller's character becomes distant and detached to the point where he's willing to kill all his teammates with a nova blast just to destroy his enemies (Which made no sense, by the way. He should have asked Hahli to do one instead. We know that it's entirely possible for a Toa to survive a water Nova at ground zero as long as they can breathe underwater, but it's safe to say that nobody but a Toa of Fire could survive a fire one. A water blast would also have carried further given that they were underwater at the time. The implication of this is that despite all the brave and heroic things Hahli had done in that arc, Jaller doubted that she'd be capable of something like that, and thought it better just to kill everyone himself. Really, Jaller?)

So, basically, if we get a writer who likes that kind of thing, I'm all for it, but it's clearly not Greg's forte, so I'd say he's certainly entitled to that interpretation- although, if the romances are going to be retconned into close friendships, it would be nice to see them portrayed as close friendships.

• Upvote 5

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Re: Romance- Both arguments make sense- yes, the characters don't need romance, but if their brains are modelled on Glatorian and Agori, it could easily be explained- *if* a writer wanted to include it. Macku's and Hewkii's affection for each other was also discussed in many other online materials, including official character bios- as were Hahli and Jaller's, which even made it into MoL.

The question is, if they did have that capacity, how would they express it socially? Would dating be a "thing"? Would they understand the concept of romance and the feelings they experienced? The stuff we saw of Hewkii and Macku was early-relationship cuteness, so where would it go from there had they been able to continue? In practice, I think any romance would really be little different to a close friendship, perhaps with a more flirty tone and more hand-holding - which could probably work, if a writer was committed and was able to do it without being mushy. Progressing from cute awkwardness through to a more married-couple-like dynamic could be fun.

The sad thing about Greg's writing, I think, is that he's reluctant to even show these relationships as close friendships. Macku and Hewkii have had little interaction or mention of each other (although apparently Hewkii's swimming lesson, at least, was canon), and the friendship between Hahli and Jaller is overlooked in favour of duos like Hewkii and Kongu. Furthermore, Jaller's character becomes distant and detached to the point where he's willing to kill all his teammates with a nova blast just to destroy his enemies (Which made no sense, by the way. He should have asked Hahli to do one instead. We know that it's entirely possible for a Toa to survive a water Nova at ground zero as long as they can breathe underwater, but it's safe to say that nobody but a Toa of Fire could survive a fire one. A water blast would also have carried further given that they were underwater at the time. The implication of this is that despite all the brave and heroic things Hahli had done in that arc, Jaller doubted that she'd be capable of something like that, and thought it better just to kill everyone himself. Really, Jaller?)

So, basically, if we get a writer who likes that kind of thing, I'm all for it, but it's clearly not Greg's forte, so I'd say he's certainly entitled to that interpretation- although, if the romances are going to be retconned into close friendships, it would be nice to see them portrayed as close friendships.

:popcorn: Wow... I actually read all of that ;)

But your point carries across well. It'd be nice to see a new writer who took this to a different level - the only problem is that I love Greg's work, and to see someone else write stories may not sit well with me.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

The problem with Jaller having Hahli go Nova is that odds are the Barraki and their armies would have survived, too.  Maybe the water would even push them right to Matoro.  Even though it would kill his teammates, Jaller's Nova was the only thing with a chance of stopping the Barraki.  (Or maybe Kongu's, since none present could breath water at the time). 

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I just hope that it's not dumbed down to hero factory's level of dumbness or lower, because if that's the case then I'll just jump off the top of Mount Ihu.

And if they do dumb it down let's just hope that it se-mi acceptable by the older audience like myself.

AMEN!

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

If they keep to the original story and make the new Bionicle a continuation of the old, I'm wondering how they're going to handle all of the plot points that were left unfinished when the serials ended. There's a long list of conflicts that need resolving: surviving Skakdi warlords, any remaining Visorak, the Baterra, Marendar, the Element Lords, the Skrall Remnant, the Shadowed One, the remaining Barraki and their respective armies, Velika, and the Golden Being.

There's probably some I've forgotten, but that's still a lot right there.

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If they keep to the original story and make the new Bionicle a continuation of the old, I'm wondering how they're going to handle all of the plot points that were left unfinished when the serials ended. There's a long list of conflicts that need resolving: surviving Skakdi warlords, any remaining Visorak, the Baterra, Marendar, the Element Lords, the Skrall Remnant, the Shadowed One, the remaining Barraki and their respective armies, Velika, and the Golden Being.

I'll think that the continuation would be set so far into the future where any preexisting plot holes would no longer be a problem. Perhaps Greg would put something out for the older fans  so they knew how everything was solved.

sig.jpg

tbh the old story is so super long and convoluted and full of so many side-events and side-plots and so overloaded with characters (and so over-saturated with every little detail canonized by a small community) to the point where i honestly hope they just scrap it and start anew rather than alienating new fans with like "these references the characters make, who they are, etc.. were detailed over these other ten years get cracking."

• Upvote 1

But your point carries across well. It'd be nice to see a new writer who took this to a different level - the only problem is that I love Greg's work, and to see someone else write stories may not sit well with me.

I'd actually like to see multiple writers work on it- it takes the pressure off Greg to some extent, and allows many different types of stories to be told. Greg himself has already started bringing in different genres (black comedy, Western, cosmic horror, etc), and I think having more writers would help make the canon and world even more diverse.

• Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Hello, I was a large fan of BIONICLE when I was a kid (I'm 19 now), and my love for it and it's concepts never really left me. Sadly, I haven't been following it that much. Past the Hordika arc I sort of lost interest in keeping up, and I think my subscription to the Lego Magazine (and subsequently the comics) stopped around sometime late in the initial Metru 2004 arc. I still got the sets and I still watched the movies, and I followed the wikis and recaps for a while, but most of the story I haven't been following. 

I would love it if BIONICLE returned, but personally, I would hope for a hard reboot. I looked up the leaks of the new sets and such, and it sounds interesting, although I hope that Lewa would still be a Toa of Air rather than just having the jungle power. Lewa was my favorite Toa and if they would change his element, I wouldn't be happy. Plus Air is a pretty core element to not include, although I recognize that they stopped using it in the 2009 arc. 

Anyway, I'm excited to see if BIONICLE does return. Although I would love it if it would receive a TV series of some sort. Shows geared towards children these days are containing better and more mature plots (for example, I love Avatar TLA and LoK, and the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series is pretty good), and it could do a good job of selling sets.

However, as I said, I'm not really all that familiar with the story of the series past the first few years, possibly until 2005.

• Upvote 1

I'll think that the continuation would be set so far into the future where any preexisting plot holes would no longer be a problem. Perhaps Greg would put something out for the older fans  so they knew how everything was solved.

Unless these plotlines have some direct role in the new story, I think in all likelihood most or all of them will simply be silently abandoned. I can't see Greg wanting to return to stuff he hasn't touched in years just for the sake of pleasing a handful of T/AFOLs.

Edited by Sir Kohran

I'd rather they were brushed under the rug. For the serials that started after BIONICLE ended...well, I didn't feel like they added anything to the overall story, and it got too dark to really care. None of the characters had any humour (except Vezonpool, who got kinda' annoying after a while) or optimism left. Also, what would they have been building to? We'd just had the big climax - better to leave it there, in my opinion.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

I dont know about the serials. On one hand they were pretty cool on the other i kind of felt they were unnesisarily dark and complicated just to make older fans feel good about reading them. Also they were pretty hard to follow.

thats just me though.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

What BIONICLE needs when it returns is awesome music like Move Along, Creeping in my Soul, and Gravity Hurts. Bring back All American Rejects and Cyroshell!

A little late for this discussion but YES X1000. Move Along made the commercial for the Inika look so , and even the Free the Band campaign was fun as well. Crashed by Daughtry would have to be a close second, followed by Gravity Hurts for me.

I'm interested on how outside media would react to the possible return of Bionicle. Very little, realistically, but it would be cool to see the FineBros do a Kids/Teen React to BIONICLE and I'm still adamant on the Nostalgia Critic reviewing one of the BIONICLE movies. :P

• Upvote 1

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

What BIONICLE needs when it returns is awesome music like Move Along, Creeping in my Soul, and Gravity Hurts. Bring back All American Rejects and Cyroshell!

A little late for this discussion but YES X1000. Move Along made the commercial for the Inika look so ######, and even the Free the Band campaign was fun as well. Crashed by Daughtry would have to be a close second, followed by Gravity Hurts for me.

I've heared of the Free the Band thing but I'm not too sure what it is. So what is it? Was it like a minigame, does it still exist?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

A little late for this discussion but YES X1000. Move Along made the commercial for the Inika look so ######, and even the Free the Band campaign was fun as well. Crashed by Daughtry would have to be a close second, followed by Gravity Hurts for me.

I've heared of the Free the Band thing but I'm not too sure what it is. So what is it? Was it like a minigame, does it still exist?

It was a multimedia promotional campaign done by the LEGO Group and the All-American Rejects. There were some games, a blog, and a sweepstakes connected with the campaign. It had a sort of a story in which the All-American Rejects got kidnapped by the Piraka and the Toa Inika had to save them. Generally (IMO) it was rather silly.

I replayed it last week on BioMediaProject, and had a sudden paralysing nostalgia flashback.

Did anyone ever play the Mahri games? Because I just remembered that I used the music in a school media project about surface cleaner four or so years ago...anyway, back on-topic, it'd be great if there were lots of little maze/shooter games like those, in a series: one for each Toa. Though I preferred a lot of the other games, the idea that there were six separate ones where you commanded a different Toa through a different task was engaging to say the least.

Edited by Jam Pot

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

Interestingly, Move Along is one of the few Bionicle songs I cannot stand to listen to.  I just do not like it.  On the other hand, If Bionicle returned, I'd like to see some songs and online games like the Mahri games.  (I've downloaded pretty much every Bionicle game available)  And I would like to see a movie or a TV show.  If you ask me, Bionicle needed a TV Show, and I once made a script for a Matoran TV Show.  (only finished one episode)

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

IMHO, I'd love Bionicle to come back IF, and only if, they:

1. Continued the original storyline and continued the old storyline. A long, detailed story is what made the old one so good, and if they scrap that and do it ad hoc then we just get left with another Chima.

2. They added the same sense of intrigue and exploration they had in 2001 (Not too hard if they follow *1, because of Spherus Magna and such)

3. They don't over-hype it (Again, like Chima). There's a difference between promotional intrigue and annoying hype.

4. Same depth of storytelling. Like all great themes, LotR, SW, etc, Bionicle felt like a real universe: it wasn't just focused solely on the heroes in this year's upgrades fighting this year's cardboard cutout villains. There were sideplots and subplots, diversions from the main story arc and in-depth serials about non-center stage characters. Greg really did a good job on fleshing out the universe (both of them [:P]), and if they don't do the same with this one, it won't feel the same. They have a whole new world to fill, one that has a lot of future.

Anyhow, dat's my two cents worth [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

I would like a prequel BIONICLE line, focusing on other Islands of the MU. You know, there's a lot of plot before Metru Nui, like Lesovikk's team, the Toa Hagah, etc. We could even be presented to a Island full of Elemental-rare matoran, like Jungle and Gravity, and of course had that mystery feel like 2001-2003.

Edited by HoloTheWise

It was a multimedia promotional campaign done by the LEGO Group and the All-American Rejects. There were some games, a blog, and a sweepstakes connected with the campaign. It had a sort of a story in which the All-American Rejects got kidnapped by the Piraka and the Toa Inika had to save them. Generally (IMO) it was rather silly.

It was an embarrassing low for Bionicle equalled only by the Praka Rap in the same year.

Comic-con was today. Any news?

Lego has six display cases (The Hobbit, The Lego Movie, Super Heroes, Mixels and Star Wars) of wich the last one hasn't been revealed yet. As far as I know Lego's conference is on sunday, so I guess we'll find out more in a few days.

Hail Denmark

It was an embarrassing low for Bionicle equalled only by the Praka Rap in the same year.

Are you kidding

If the world is destroyed

And only one piece of culture survives for future civilizations to study

I want nothing more than Piraka Rap to be that one thing.

• Upvote 11

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I think 2006 was generally a pretty weird year for Bionicle. The drastic change in style really didn't fit the franchise if you ask me.

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

I would like a prequel BIONICLE line, focusing on other Islands of the MU. You know, there's a lot of plot before Metru Nui, like Lesovikk's team, the Toa Hagah, etc. We could even be presented to a Island full of Elemental-rare matoran, like Jungle and Gravity, and of course had that mystery feel like 2001-2003.

The problem with a lot of those "other islands" is that there probably wasn't a lot going on there that was all that pertinent to the main, overarching story. The Mata Nui robot was "the big story engine", and so the story focused on the places that were relevant to restoring him: his face (Mata Nui), his brain (Metru Nui), and his heart (Voya Nui/Karda Nui). I doubt there was a whole lot going on in his legs or arms that was helping towards reviving him. At best, Toa and Matoran in those regions might have been working on some form of cosmic damage control or cleanup after the huge earthquake that was the Great Cataclysm left so much of the Matoran Universe broken.

Lego has six display cases (The Hobbit, The Lego Movie, Super Heroes, Mixels and Star Wars) of wich the last one hasn't been revealed yet. As far as I know Lego's conference is on sunday, so I guess we'll find out more in a few days.

Hmmm. Interesting why they'd want to keep one secret...Quite obviously it'd be a new theme...could it be?

sig.jpg

Hmmm. Interesting why they'd want to keep one secret...Quite obviously it'd be a new theme...could it be?

I'm going to laugh when it's not Bionicle and this thread dies  :lol-sign:

JK

• Upvote 1

I've had a thought about what a good type of plotline the new Bionicle should have-

On Cartoon Network, there's an animated show called Adventure Time. On the surface, it's very random and, well, just plain silly. But underlying all of that, there are bigger clues to the state of the world which have an almost scary feel to them. First of, there is The Lich, an undead sorcerer who wants to kill everyone. There are also hints as to the fact that the Land of Ooo is really post-apocalyptic Earth, where almost every human has been wiped out in a catastrophic nuclear war, known only as the Great Mushroom War. This is kind of feel that I want Bionicle 2.0 to have: light-hearted(ish)on the surface, but deadly serious when it gets down to business.

VBWj75sh.png