Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I was offline for a few days, anything important happen?

Other than the NYYC thing (which happened like a week ago, so you've probably heard it) no.

EDIT: I mean NYCC, oops

Edited by JTH Studios

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

I wish I could have come to New York, but, well, I'm around 12 hours away from there and I don't have much money to spend because of university.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

I would be so ridiculously amused if LEGO brings Bionicle back as "Biological Chronicle" or something. They are just like heh heh we only said we didn't have plans to bring *Bionicle* back.

A thought just came to me, though; maybe they decided on bringing Bionicle back around the time that they officially said on Cuusoo that "Bring back Bionicle" things wouldn't be allowed. Just a thought.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I would be so ridiculously amused if LEGO brings Bionicle back as "Biological Chronicle" or something. They are just like heh heh we only said we didn't have plans to bring *Bionicle* back.

A thought just came to me, though; maybe they decided on bringing Bionicle back around the time that they officially said on Cuusoo that "Bring back Bionicle" things wouldn't be allowed. Just a thought.

They never created any rule like that. At the same time, most "Bring Back BIONICLE" projects violated one or more OTHER rules: either they were proposals for a full theme rather than a single set, which LEGO Cuusoo/Ideas doesn't have either the budget or the production schedule to support, or they were proposals to remake specific sets, which is not the goal of the Cuusoo/Ideas platform.

Want proof? Search "BIONICLE" on LEGO Ideas. There are still plenty of BIONICLE-related projects up, including ones that date back to October 2011. If there were a rule against these sorts of projects, they would be deleted in a heartbeat. But the truth of the matter is that only projects that the staff decided did not meet LEGO Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas rules and standards have been deleted.

• Upvote 3

They never created any rule like that. At the same time, most "Bring Back BIONICLE" projects violated one or more OTHER rules: either they were proposals for a full theme rather than a single set, which LEGO Cuusoo/Ideas doesn't have either the budget or the production schedule to support, or they were proposals to remake specific sets, which is not the goal of the Cuusoo/Ideas platform.

Want proof? Search "BIONICLE" on LEGO Ideas. There are still plenty of BIONICLE-related projects up, including ones that date back to October 2011. If there were a rule against these sorts of projects, they would be deleted in a heartbeat. But the truth of the matter is that only projects that the staff decided did not meet LEGO Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas rules and standards have been deleted.

Really? I thought I had remembered them making an official statement about it.

The only Bionicle related set I could've ever seen coming out of Cuusoo is an "anniversary set" to celebrate x amount of years since Bionicle happened. And even that violates a rule. So any Bionicle projects made on cuusoo, whether or not they jumped a rule, probably had about no chance, realistically speaking. And most of them were sloppy rendition on LDD or just a picture from the comics.

• Upvote 1

Wow... that awkward moment when you realise you didn't even know there were Bionicle projects on cuusoo...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If tge Toa Mata get released, I'll get Pohatu since he was my first one. And Lewa! He was my favorite. Also Kopaka and Tahu, cuz I mean, come on? Then Gali cuz she's blue plus water element. Mught as well get Onua while I'm there all of them.

• Upvote 7

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

The possibility of the Bio2015 being announced at NYCC becomes more likely... Yay.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Gotta buy 'em all...

Biònicle-mon (Pokèmon)

Also lego annouced the new mincraft sets, so it is not them at NYCC

this is a link to the official announcement to the minecraft sets on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152390486008403&id=6665038402

If it does not work, try signing into facebook first

If they reveal Minecraft or even anything else at this point at NYCC LEGO's just messing with us...

• Upvote 1

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Indeed they are. What a terrible shame. Bio2015 is coming...

9th October I think.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

9th of October? Really? Heck yes! That's the day after I get back from my overseas trip (a bit more if I take into account the time different between the USA and Australia, but, meh). If Bionicle really was announced then it would be the single most awesome welcome home gift I ever have or ever will receive. 

I just hope they give us some detailed set images or a promo ad or something. I want a better quality image to muse over. 

• Upvote 4

9th of October? Really? Heck yes! That's the day after I get back from my overseas trip (a bit more if I take into account the time different between the USA and Australia, but, meh). If Bionicle really was announced then it would be the single most awesome welcome home gift I ever have or ever will receive. 

I just hope they give us some detailed set images or a promo ad or something. I want a better quality image to muse over.

Lucky, i have a doctors appointment! :( :/

Do you think lego will allow pictures and videos at NYCC?

I don't know about allowed, but I think one way or another, there will be. 

• Upvote 5

I'm sure Lego will start putting up some legit material once the announcement is made.

No need to risk anyone getting a criminal record here...

• Upvote 2

As for a promo ad, I want something as spine-chillingly awesome as the Inika commercial. Lego had better give Bionicle a strong (re)start!

• Upvote 5

VBWj75sh.png

As for a promo ad, I want something as spine-chillingly awesome as the Inika commercial. Lego had better give Bionicle a strong (re)start!

I'd prefer something like the 2001 promo animations. Those ones featured the kind of mystery I'd like to see with this new Bionicle.

• Upvote 7

What is the evidence for it being a contiuation vs. It being a reboot, i think the set left off with tahu and the golden armor, and well i guess sence i can not talk about the leaks i can not continue that, but if you seen the leaks you probaly know where i was going with that.

Well, besides stuff that's leaked that we can't talk about, Greg Farshtey has said that he doesn't think a continuation would be effective because it would immediately put new fans at a disadvantage, and it would be immensely difficult for them to catch up with older story.

Of course, he's also said that he won't necessarily be on the story team for the new BIONICLE, but you'd think he of all people would be advocating for a continuation if there were any possibility of one.

• Upvote 3

Look, lot's of people have given arguments for different storyline approaches, and we don't really have enough info to give a concrete answer either way. I think we should just wait for the official announcement; hopefully Lego will give us some idea of what the storyline will be like then.

• Upvote 2

What is the evidence for it being a contiuation vs. It being a reboot, i think the set left off with tahu and the golden armor, and well i guess sence i can not talk about the leaks i can not continue that, but if you seen the leaks you probaly know where i was going with that.

It's difficult to give you much to think on without going into detail about what's in the leaked images. All I'll say is that there's some evidence for both a fresh start and a continuation, and neither seems definite at this point.

• Upvote 1

I seriously hope they don't redo the story (not saying I wouldn't enjoy it, I'd just prefer something more different than that would be).

Bottom line, I hope (and think) LEGO will do a good job with it if and when they bring it back.

• Upvote 2

Well, besides stuff that's leaked that we can't talk about, Greg Farshtey has said that he doesn't think a continuation would be effective because it would immediately put new fans at a disadvantage, and it would be immensely difficult for them to catch up with older story.

Although I don't really care if it's a reboot ( as in a restart of the story ) or a continuation, I honestly disagree with this. It all depends on how you do it. Sure "start where we left of" continuation won't work, but there surely are examples of "continuations" that were effective. People who never read The Hobbit could still enjoy LOTR, you don't need to watch all the Doctor Who series in order to jump in a new series (aka the current success of the Doctor ), etc. You'll always have to deal with some ground rules surely, but you don't need to know more if you don't want to, and if you do, then there's another great world to discover.

I believe the "continuation = difficult for new fans and reboot = only solution"-view is just a bit too black and white.

• Upvote 5

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."