Epics Rules And Guidelines

Hahli Husky

Ok, I understand that this is the Epics section and Epics are multi post Sagas told in chapters.

I have an idea to write, but I just want to be sure of my format and such:

So I have a group of 4 or 5 (haven't decided yet) beings for Okoto and the 6 Toa/Masters encounter them multiple times. There isn't a huge plot scheme, it's basically my added subplot/addon to the official canon story. The way I think it'll read is like a collection of short stories, but they're all related encounters. Would it be best to post it as an epic in which each encounter is its own chapter or as individual short stories?

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on if the encounters are connected in some way that makes a coherent story. If it's just "Toa encounters Okotan" repeated with no connection they probably are individual short stories.  

• Upvote 1

I have a question about Rule 5.  I've been writing a story on the LEGO forums that I'm planning on moving here.  The way it works, though, is that it runs off of reader commands (I explain it fully in the first post, or, if you're familiar with MSPA, it's a text-only version of that).  Putting the commands in a separate topic would make said topic kind of pointless once the story has concluded, and in any case it differs from the usual situation in that the commands are not reviews and are a vital part of the story itself.  Would it be all right for the commands to be posted in the main thread?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I understand that this is the Epics section and Epics are multi post Sagas told in chapters.

I have an idea to write, but I just want to be sure of my format and such:

So I have a group of 4 or 5 (haven't decided yet) beings for Okoto and the 6 Toa/Masters encounter them multiple times. There isn't a huge plot scheme, it's basically my added subplot/addon to the official canon story. The way I think it'll read is like a collection of short stories, but they're all related encounters. Would it be best to post it as an epic in which each encounter is its own chapter or as individual short stories?

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on if the encounters are connected in some way that makes a coherent story. If it's just "Toa encounters Okotan" repeated with no connection they probably are individual short stories.  

Thanks! After consideration, I've just decided to make it an Epic. I'm making some good progress on it!

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 2 weeks later...

I had a unique idea about an epic.

I would write a story. In review topic, users would be able to write profile for a character (under some rules of course). Once they write a profile, I would make their character appear in a story (either just for a short time, as an protagonist, antagonist or whatever), but they won't be able to control it. Once user write a profile, his job is over, he is not allowed to edit profile or affect story in other way with this character.

Would that be allowed or is that also considered 'Round Robin'?

Edited by Nik the Three

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

That's certainly dancing around a couple of the guidelines, but ultimately as long as you keep things under control I don't see any reason you can't have a little audience interaction.  Go for it.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

• 1 year later...

I think it's more engaging for your readers if you've got entire chapters, honestly - it can be confusing for someone reading to finish a paragraph and see that the rest of the chapter is missing! It also makes it easier for people to understand when the story's been updated, versus having to check if a post was edited.

I won't make a harsh enforcement of it though - just be reasonable (e.g. don't just write a sentence at time or something.)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42