I can't remember which was which, so here are instructions for both :P : For each one you begin on the platform in the middle with the two ramps beside it. For the first flag, one minifig goes up each ramp. At the top, they need to smash each crate and build the Ice Spinjitzu lamps. Then you jump down to the one near the attic starting point and use it to get up to the flag. If you need the other flag, go the opposite direction from the platform and have one minifig press the button there while the other jumps across the icy, tilted slopes to the far side, where the flag is.

Edited by Tazakk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I´ve just read the posts in the LMBs about it. I wish I could see this stuff myself for once. :PI believe this is not the first time someone hacked into the servers.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hey guys. I've been playing LU, both as member and free (along with my brother Ojhilom) during the downtime. Details are PMed to Gatanui, but I'm bonesiii, Assembly. I have a public Block Yard property called the Skull Star Vale, if ya wanna check it out. Has a few original MOCs and is based around a Maelstrom-themed mystery riddle. :) Oh, and there's Stromlings to fight. BTW, I discovered the Sentinel Tower totally by coincidence (well, I think it is the highest rank one there, so it was bound to happen, eh?) and saw the question about BZP, and the name Gatanui there. It's cool; I liked the confined battle area, and the construction is excellent. I especially like the logo symbol thingy. I wondered about the question, though -- about Binkmeister, if we were supposed to be able to answer it in the chat; it wouldn't let me. Anywho. Oh, and the top of the tower looked really cool too, if I recall right, heh. For the record, I'm taking a break from membership right now, plan to renew for six months in mid December. Wanna see Frostburg and stuff. :P Ojh and I both also play on the free account AdeptCurlyPixel. Ojh's member char on my account is FriendlyPlasmaFoghorn; Sentinel, and we both use Parallelodox and Radventurer (factions obvious :P). In general, LU is awesome. :biggrin:

...I still have not entirely figured out the theme of Avant Gardens (grassy plains/monument?), although I still like it. What I don´t like about Crux Prime is that it is merely Maelstrom-themed and the enemies are just those from other worlds with other textures... ~Gata. ;)

It's a play on words of the phrase "avant garde", from French, meaning (in English anyways): "the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods." So the theme is the Paradox experimentation (which went awry). It's also likely a play on the word "guard", since the two factions you get approval from there are combat themed - Paradox is the offense, Sentinels are the defense. (On Nimbus Station you get approval from the creative and exploration themed factions, Assembly and the Venture League.) The statue isn't Assembly themed per se -- keep in mind what it depicts, which is a fight between a minifig and a Maelstrom enemy (I think it's supposed to be a Stromling but I can't tell lol). So again, the theme is combat. Just because there's a character there who's Assembly, and it's being built, doesn't mean the faction defines the location. (Nimbus station is a pun too, on bus station. :) And since it's been cleared of bad guys and focuses on imagination the theme is similar to the Nexus Tower; the game theme of use of imagination clearing Maelstrom. Nimbus means something like a halo or an aura, which I guess fits the theme of protection around imagination.) And personally, I like that about Crux Prime. I like it when particular enemies aren't confined to just one spot in just one manifestation. And weren't the skeletons new there originally, before Ninjago was released? (I wouldn't know for sure; I joined when I heard Ninjago was launched, but some of the items refer to Neido as Sensei Wu, so I think Sensei was originally there before they moved him to Ninjago.) And I think most if not all of the skeleton specialties are still unique there from Ninjago.

Has anybody else of you got a weird in-game mail by a Mythran containing a Fancy Tree Model Pack, titled "Thanks for playing LEGO Universe" and saying "Enjoy your free item!"? :wacko: ~Gata. ;)

Twice I got similar messages. I forget exactly what the packs were, but yeah. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

YAY! i got a new flash drive. after i actually get it to work, i'm going to save my old, alpha version and try FTP

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

BTW, I discovered the Sentinel Tower totally by coincidence (well, I think it is the highest rank one there, so it was bound to happen, eh?) and saw the question about BZP, and the name Gatanui there. It's cool; I liked the confined battle area, and the construction is excellent. I especially like the logo symbol thingy. I wondered about the question, though -- about Binkmeister, if we were supposed to be able to answer it in the chat; it wouldn't let me. Anywho. Oh, and the top of the tower looked really cool too, if I recall right, heh.

If I recall right, the answer is Bink, which is not filtered by the chat.

...I still have not entirely figured out the theme of Avant Gardens (grassy plains/monument?), although I still like it. What I don´t like about Crux Prime is that it is merely Maelstrom-themed and the enemies are just those from other worlds with other textures... ~Gata. ;)

It's a play on words of the phrase "avant garde", from French, meaning (in English anyways): "the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods." So the theme is the Paradox experimentation (which went awry). It's also likely a play on the word "guard", since the two factions you get approval from there are combat themed - Paradox is the offense, Sentinels are the defense. (On Nimbus Station you get approval from the creative and exploration themed factions, Assembly and the Venture League.) The statue isn't Assembly themed per se -- keep in mind what it depicts, which is a fight between a minifig and a Maelstrom enemy (I think it's supposed to be a Stromling but I can't tell lol). So again, the theme is combat. Just because there's a character there who's Assembly, and it's being built, doesn't mean the faction defines the location. (Nimbus station is a pun too, on bus station. :) And since it's been cleared of bad guys and focuses on imagination the theme is similar to the Nexus Tower; the game theme of use of imagination clearing Maelstrom. Nimbus means something like a halo or an aura, which I guess fits the theme of protection around imagination.) And personally, I like that about Crux Prime. I like it when particular enemies aren't confined to just one spot in just one manifestation. And weren't the skeletons new there originally, before Ninjago was released? (I wouldn't know for sure; I joined when I heard Ninjago was launched, but some of the items refer to Neido as Sensei Wu, so I think Sensei was originally there before they moved him to Ninjago.) And I think most if not all of the skeleton specialties are still unique there from Ninjago.
I know what Avant Garde means. I guess AG has indeed a combat theme, it´s just that that sounds too vague for a theme for my taste. :PNimbus Station, just like AG, is really a great name which has a meaning and at the same time includes a pun. :PYou are right, the skeletons first appeared in Crux Prime and are unique to that world, and Neido (great name as well) did indeed replace Sensei Wu when the Ninjago world was released.

Has anybody else of you got a weird in-game mail by a Mythran containing a Fancy Tree Model Pack, titled "Thanks for playing LEGO Universe" and saying "Enjoy your free item!"? :wacko: ~Gata. ;)

Twice I got similar messages. I forget exactly what the packs were, but yeah.
I have got the message three times. Actually, the model pack inside was an ordinary Suprise Model Pack.Anyway, I am very glad to see your long, but yet very enjoyable to read posts make their way to this topic. :P Now we know for sure intelligent discussion will never die out here. :P ~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

BTW, I discovered the Sentinel Tower totally by coincidence (well, I think it is the highest rank one there, so it was bound to happen, eh?) and saw the question about BZP, and the name Gatanui there. It's cool; I liked the confined battle area, and the construction is excellent. I especially like the logo symbol thingy. I wondered about the question, though -- about Binkmeister, if we were supposed to be able to answer it in the chat; it wouldn't let me. Anywho. Oh, and the top of the tower looked really cool too, if I recall right, heh.

Yeah, the answer is Bink. Although, I'm kinda surprised you didn't send me a message in the mail asking about it (since a get a few every week asking for the answer, despite the people having no idea what BZP is :P). Oh well. :lol: Anyway, I'm glad you liked the top of the tower. I completely ran out of vertical space at that point, so I worried that it might feel a bit squished. :biggrin:

Lacertus

(Nimbus station is a pun too, on bus station. :) And since it's been cleared of bad guys and focuses on imagination the theme is similar to the Nexus Tower; the game theme of use of imagination clearing Maelstrom. Nimbus means something like a halo or an aura, which I guess fits the theme of protection around imagination.)

Not to nitpick, but Nimbus Station is actually the fusion of the names of two pre-alpha worlds which became Nimbus Station: Nimbus Park and Zorillo Station (also known earlier on as Zorillo Plaza, and earlier still, Youreeka or YouReeka). Nimbus Park was replaced with Avant Gardens in a game redesign (though Avant Gardens still has a couple of Nimbus Park elements, like the orange and grey roads and picnic at the end). Youreeka became Zorillo Plaza, then Zorillo Station over the course of several redesigns, and finally, the developers took the concert from Nimbus Park, added it to the plaza from Zorillo Station, and Nimbus Station was the result. Here's some images of Nimbus Park: 480px-Nimbus_Park.png640px-Nimbus_Park_art_board.PNGM134.pngM370.pngAnd some images of Youreeka/Zorillo Plaza/Zorillo Station:480px-YouReeka.pngYoureeka2.png640px-TV5_1024x512.pngSo, yeah. That's the backstory behind Nimbus Station. Edited by jamesster

Not to nitpick, but Nimbus Station is actually the fusion of the names

I know; still, the name was chosen finally and likely the pun is intentional. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But alas, he could be 12 or under because he put his age (on bzpower )higher than his actual age, for various reasons

True, but why, I ask? Either way, he is cheating in one of both places. Or perhaps he put it in the 12 and under category because, as the description says, his brother built it with him. But won´t LEGO check the LEGO ID´s registered age before handing out prizes? ~Gata. ;)
I certainly hope so.

When I shut my mouth & turn to walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won; it simply means you aren't worth any more of my time ...

Where is the

(Nimbus station is a pun too, on bus station. :) And since it's been cleared of bad guys and focuses on imagination the theme is similar to the Nexus Tower; the game theme of use of imagination clearing Maelstrom. Nimbus means something like a halo or an aura, which I guess fits the theme of protection around imagination.)

Not to nitpick, but Nimbus Station is actually the fusion of the names of two pre-alpha worlds which became Nimbus Station: Nimbus Park and Zorillo Station (also known earlier on as Zorillo Plaza, and earlier still, Youreeka or YouReeka). Nimbus Park was replaced with Avant Gardens in a game redesign (though Avant Gardens still has a couple of Nimbus Park elements, like the orange and grey roads and picnic at the end). Youreeka became Zorillo Plaza, then Zorillo Station over the course of several redesigns, and finally, the developers took the concert from Nimbus Park, added it to the plaza from Zorillo Station, and Nimbus Station was the result. Here's some images of Nimbus Park: 480px-Nimbus_Park.png 640px-Nimbus_Park_art_board.PNG M134.png M370.png And some images of Youreeka/Zorillo Plaza/Zorillo Station: 480px-YouReeka.png Youreeka2.png 640px-TV5_1024x512.png So, yeah. That's the backstory behind Nimbus Station.
Where is the last photo came from?

But alas, he could be 12 or under because he put his age (on bzpower )higher than his actual age, for various reasons

True, but why, I ask? Either way, he is cheating in one of both places. Or perhaps he put it in the 12 and under category because, as the description says, his brother built it with him. But won´t LEGO check the LEGO ID´s registered age before handing out prizes? ~Gata. ;)
I certainly hope so.
If you read some of my later messages you'd know the answer to that question. :P

The worst news a LEGO Universe fan can get has been released. This sucks, and I am really disappointed. :crying: I hope they will at least release the necessary files for a private server. :( That way, it could at least live on as a fan project (although moderation would have to be shut down or at least heavily restricted). And release all the planned and unreleased stuff like the ever-green world, too!I guess they have never realized the subscription costs are too high and not the price for getting the DVD. Fail, LEGO, and good job ruining a game with so much potential for many years to come and for quitting a game that was produced for over three years after little more than a year. This should prove that at the very end, LEGO still cares more about profit than about the fans. Really, if they don´t release the files so we can create private servers, I will lose some of the great respect I had for LEGO.This is even more disappointing than the end of BIONICLE which was becoming obvious over the course of a few weeks, so at least it did not come as an utterly unexpected and shattering surprise. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This comes as no surprise to me. It was never going to be successful what with the subscription costs and all.There are many reasons which definitely put people off, such as the subscription costs, the mixed reviews it got, the stuff actually in the game such as the utterly repetitive and boring game-play, the lack of content and updates, various other reasons.After a while, the game definitely does become boring and stale. Everything is the same, or at least feels like it. In the Monastery update, was there anything innovatively new? Asides from a few tiny mechanics such as 'poison', which isn't really that big, was there anything truly new to the game? Besides... real LEGO > Digital LEGO.LEGO is still a business. Businesses care about profit. Not their fans. Unless 85%+ of their fans think the same thing, I really doubt they'd do as their fans wish.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

This comes as no surprise to me. It was never going to be successful what with the subscription costs and all.There are many reasons which definitely put people off, such as the subscription costs, the mixed reviews it got, the stuff actually in the game such as the utterly repetitive and boring game-play, the lack of content and updates, various other reasons.After a while, the game definitely does become boring and stale. Everything is the same, or at least feels like it. In the Monastery update, was there anything innovatively new? Asides from a few tiny mechanics such as 'poison', which isn't really that big, was there anything truly new to the game? Besides... real LEGO > Digital LEGO.LEGO is still a business. Businesses care about profit. Not their fans. Unless 85%+ of their fans think the same thing, I really doubt they'd do as their fans wish.

Still, the game had potential, and even though I recognize all the flaws, I enjoyed playing LU and looked forward to every single update. Or are you telling me you did not enjoy it?I know LEGO is still a business. I am saying it because LEGO likes to present themselves as listening to their fans and having their fans as one of their top priorities, while this clearly proves that their top priority is the profit, above all. That is of course understandable. But if they want to preserve their image as a company close to the fanbase, they should really at least make it possible to us to install private play servers and let the game live on as a fan project.Wouldn´t be too bad if they gave people their save files as well. I mean, I don´t want literally ENTIRE DAYS of my life turned into nothing.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Shocking news has come to us today.

Online game will close on January 31, 2012. The LEGO Group’s digital offerings will continue to develop over the coming years.November 4, 2011 – The LEGO Group today announced that it will close LEGO® Universe, an MMOG (massively-multiplayer online game) that has been in operation since the autumn of 2010. In spite of very positive player feedback and a large number of players in the free play zone, it has not been possible to convert a satisfactory number of players to paying subscribers. It has therefore been decided to close the game as of January 31, 2012.“The LEGO Universe team can take pride in having developed and launched a great LEGO experience that many players will miss,” said Jesper Vilstrup, Vice President, LEGO Universe. “Right now, we have almost 2 million players in LEGO Universe, and we get extremely positive feedback from players. Unfortunately, we have not been able to build a satisfactory revenue model in our target group, and therefore, have decided to close the game.”Despite the change, the ambition to develop and run a digital business remains. In future, it is the intention to further pursue cooperation with partners. The LEGO Group has a strong and continuing partnership with TT Games & Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to create digital LEGO experiences within video games. A further expansion in the digital area will mainly be based on similar partnerships.“The development of our digital offerings continues to be a very important element in our strategy,” said Mads Nipper, Executive Vice President, LEGO Group. “We have more than 20 million visitors on www.LEGO.com every month, and LEGO video games are among the bestselling children’s video games with sales of more than 60 million units in the last five years. Through our experience developing and running LEGO Universe, we have gained a lot of valuable insights, and we have a very strong foundation for future development in the digital area.”As a consequence of the closure, the LEGO Universe staff has today been informed that the ‘Play Well Studios’ in Louisville, Colorado and the game’s marketing function in Billund, Denmark will be closed. This will affect 115 employees. All affected employees will be offered assistance in finding new jobs inside or outside the LEGO Group.

Please use this as an opportunity to discuss what you are going to do in the wake of it, and how the game has affected you. share your memories and adventures!ANSWER THE CALL! SAVE IMAGINATION! Edited by MsRowdyRedhead

When I shut my mouth & turn to walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won; it simply means you aren't worth any more of my time ...

Shocking? Hardly. It was actually very predictable. And you're a few posts late.At least this will free up space on my computer and make me waste less time.

Wow, great when you don´t get attached to things so easily. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

There are three things this could be:1). This is real, and it truly is the end of LEGO Universe2). This is a stunt to attract more people and attention. All the video game sites I've been to are talking about it and many of the posts are about people claiming that they'll try it out before it ends, so if attention is what they were aiming for, they got it.3).This being highly unlikely, but it is a theory: LEGO was hacked, and this is an elaborate prank.-----------------I'd say 2 is very likely, many TV shows have also faked their death, so to speak, though I may be mistaken.-------------------If people truly want LEGO Universe to stay, I'd say boycotting any LEGO products until LEGO brings its universe back is the best way to do so. The decrease in sales, especially durring Christmas time, will definitely catch their attention. Though someone must first flood the LEGO boards telling people to boycot LEGO until they do so. Sorry kids, it's either Christmas presents or the Universe, guess who's gonna win?

6244916474_c93fd6d552.jpg

6251674125_b0dbed809a.jpg

6252203236_c35c6ab8f3.jpg

There are three things this could be:1). This is real, and it truly is the end of LEGO Universe2). This is a stunt to attract more people and attention. All the video game sites I've been to are talking about it and many of the posts are about people claiming that they'll try it out before it ends, so if attention is what they were aiming for, they got it.3).This being highly unlikely, but it is a theory: LEGO was hacked, and this is an elaborate prank.-----------------I'd say 2 is very likely, many TV shows have also faked their death, so to speak, though I may be mistaken.-------------------If people truly want LEGO Universe to stay, I'd say boycotting any LEGO products until LEGO brings its universe back is the best way to do so. The decrease in sales, especially durring Christmas time, will definitely catch their attention. Though someone must first flood the LEGO boards telling people to boycot LEGO until they do so. Sorry kids, it's either Christmas presents or the Universe, guess who's gonna win?

I'd much rather a stunt then the true end but i'm not sure we'll be that lucky.
naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

I was going to try the free weekend and give LU one final chance, but frankly if they're shutting it down I won't bother. As I said to MsRR on an off-site discussion, though, I think the TF2 model (I.E. free-to-play w/ optional in-game purchases, and the game doesn't punish or disadvantage you for not buying) could help. It increased the playerbase of TF2 by a factor of five and the gross revenue by a factor of forty.I think that could work to save the game.-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

This makes me sad. Well, at least I'll get to experience Frostburgh.But this also means no Kingdoms-related theme! D:This ruins my day.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Ah...hmm. Well. This game is ending certainly disappoints me, but I expected it. Honestly, from a business standpoint, i guess sales did not making up the cost, time, or energy of actually making the initial game. I do wish an offline/console version would come out to compensate the fans. Oh well. I think I might buy a game card sometime this month or next to at least play the full game once.I also hope LEGO will try again with a different MMO in future and learn from this game mistakes. But it seems unlikely right now.I also wouldn't stop any attempt to stop the game's ending, but I generally don't think things like petition work. If I was a kid, and I was, I would've chosen physical LEGO over a LEGO game 9 times out of 10. Which isn't a bad thing.

I've heard this too. I first read the news on a popular video game website, and a lot of the commenters said that they hadn't even HEARD of a Lego MMO. So poor advertising was apparently a HUGE factor. The price dip in the first half of the year should have been a sign. When demand goes down, prices go down in order to increase demand, after which prices would go up once demand increases. (look! I'm applying my econ lessons to real life!)And I honestly think that things might have gone better if the prices were lower. Even in this economy, most ten-year olds don't have $10 a month to spend on MMOs that don't last very long. And maybe it would have been cheaper. if the game, story-wise, hadn't gotten an overhaul halfway through production.In the end, it's a sad event, but the entire world isn't going to mourn its death. In a year or two, most people will probably go "There was a lego MMO? Why didn't I hear about it? That would have been AWESOME!"

Defy Expectations

The kids over at the LU forums are getting very angry about it. Starting petitions. If they spent so much time working on the actual game, why didn't they work on advertising?Quite a few of the staff have been fired, too, so it is not a hoax. Put a lot of time into this game, followed it through the Alpha and Beta stages, and eventually I grew tired of it. But there were still people enjoying it, and this is a shame. I can still remember the original site, with the builder minifigs and it looked so hopeful. Alas.It was quite repetitive though, but I thought the building part was good. I joined Sentinel because I was blinded by the awesomeness of the Samurai, which turned out to be a letdown, considering all you did was hit the attack button repeatedly and threw some items into the mix too.But times are hard, and I assume this hit LEGO badly if they needed to shut down the whole thing. I wish they just cut down on the servers or something. What a shame.What a rotten way to die.

smallerreturn_zps14763e2b.gif?t=13727274

I'm sort of half-really-not-back. Again.

i first thought this was a prank.i wish it was.i mean, they spent OVER 3 YEARS working on this, and then they close it after a year?man, i would have bought a few months if it was $5 a month, but $10 is way over my limit.it just sad the way they went down. i'd be fine boycotting them. I'd spread the word too!i hope this is a prank, and the'll say "november fools"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I am suddenly regretting stocking up on game time...Well, I guess it was bound to happen. LU was, to be completely honest, a commercial failure from the start. Maybe if they had lowered the subscriptions costs, they could've stood a chance...Overall, I wish that the game had taken a different direction, and been more like it was before the redesign. Come to think of it the major reason I was playing was simply because there was Lego storyline involved, I never really liked fighting various stromlings continually. :PSo in the end I guess this is a good thing for me, more money to spend on real Lego. :P

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Hopefully they'll give us the server software...

If I'm not mistaken, they've already said they won't on the Lego Message Boards. :(