This comes as no surprise to me. It was never going to be successful what with the subscription costs and all.There are many reasons which definitely put people off, such as the subscription costs, the mixed reviews it got, the stuff actually in the game such as the utterly repetitive and boring game-play, the lack of content and updates, various other reasons.After a while, the game definitely does become boring and stale. Everything is the same, or at least feels like it. In the Monastery update, was there anything innovatively new? Asides from a few tiny mechanics such as 'poison', which isn't really that big, was there anything truly new to the game?Besides... real LEGO > Digital LEGO.LEGO is still a business. Businesses care about profit. Not their fans. Unless 85%+ of their fans think the same thing, I really doubt they'd do as their fans wish.

Still, the game had potential, and even though I recognize all the flaws, I enjoyed playing LU and looked forward to every single update. Or are you telling me you did not enjoy it?I know LEGO is still a business. I am saying it because LEGO likes to present themselves as listening to their fans and having their fans as one of their top priorities, while this clearly proves that their top priority is the profit, above all. That is of course understandable. But if they want to preserve their image as a company close to the fanbase, they should really at least make it possible to us to install private play servers and let the game live on as a fan project.Wouldn´t be too bad if they gave people their save files as well. I mean, I don´t want literally ENTIRE DAYS of my life turned into nothing.~Gata. ;)
You'd still be able to play Lego Universe after Lego shut it down if it was open-source. Just sayin'.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

This comes as no surprise to me. It was never going to be successful what with the subscription costs and all.There are many reasons which definitely put people off, such as the subscription costs, the mixed reviews it got, the stuff actually in the game such as the utterly repetitive and boring game-play, the lack of content and updates, various other reasons.After a while, the game definitely does become boring and stale. Everything is the same, or at least feels like it. In the Monastery update, was there anything innovatively new? Asides from a few tiny mechanics such as 'poison', which isn't really that big, was there anything truly new to the game?Besides... real LEGO > Digital LEGO.LEGO is still a business. Businesses care about profit. Not their fans. Unless 85%+ of their fans think the same thing, I really doubt they'd do as their fans wish.

Still, the game had potential, and even though I recognize all the flaws, I enjoyed playing LU and looked forward to every single update. Or are you telling me you did not enjoy it?I know LEGO is still a business. I am saying it because LEGO likes to present themselves as listening to their fans and having their fans as one of their top priorities, while this clearly proves that their top priority is the profit, above all. That is of course understandable. But if they want to preserve their image as a company close to the fanbase, they should really at least make it possible to us to install private play servers and let the game live on as a fan project.Wouldn´t be too bad if they gave people their save files as well. I mean, I don´t want literally ENTIRE DAYS of my life turned into nothing.~Gata. ;)
You'd still be able to play Lego Universe after Lego shut it down if it was open-source. Just sayin'.
I know, but unfortunately, LEGO won´t release the necessary files. I am sure or I hope somebody will be able to crack the source code or hack the server and figure it out for themselves, though.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I know, but unfortunately, LEGO won´t release the necessary files. I am sure or I hope somebody will be able to crack the source code or hack the server and figure it out for themselves, though.~Gata. ;)

People are trying this. Someone has got a hold of the server IP, and someone from LEGO is asking if they can release the server software, but I don't think it has much of a chance to succeed.But some guy called Kelvin has it working offline already, so they might actually get this running again. Wow. Edited by neinburger

smallerreturn_zps14763e2b.gif?t=13727274

I'm sort of half-really-not-back. Again.

Both of those options are illegal, you know.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

People are trying this. Someone has got a hold of the server IP, and someone from LEGO is asking if they can release the server software, but I don't think it has much of a chance to succeed.But some guy called Kelvin has it working offline already, so they might actually get this running again. Wow.
It´s not hard at all to get the server IP, all you need to do is take a look at the boot.cfg file in the client folder.I have heard of Kelvin, too, but I have also heard he doesn´t want to reveal how to get it to work.

I never told anyone to hack the servers or crack the source code.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

People are trying this. Someone has got a hold of the server IP, and someone from LEGO is asking if they can release the server software, but I don't think it has much of a chance to succeed.But some guy called Kelvin has it working offline already, so they might actually get this running again. Wow.
It´s not hard at all to get the server IP, all you need to do is take a look at the boot.cfg file in the client folder.I have heard of Kelvin, too, but I have also heard he doesn´t want to reveal how to get it to work.

I never told anyone to hack the servers or crack the source code.~Gata. ;)
No, you didn't, but you said you hoped someone would, which means you hoped someone would perform an illegal activity.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I hope it doesn't die.It's no WOW, but honestly:1. It got way too little advertising. I mean, only 1 trailer in 12 months on TV. Seriously? You want kids playing, you get a Toontown Online-esque advertising campaign.2. It doesn't have a lot of content. I personally think that releasing the game with more stuffs in it would've been better, but as of now there's too little to do. If there was a bigger staff, maybe this problem would be alleviated.3. It's too simple, for better or worse. It could definitely use more depth than it has right now, and if LEGO worked on it, they couldn't done more than just 4 factions and items/imagination/level to separate people. Even Toontown differentiated people based off which weapons the players used, since some became restricted.I mean, I love the game, and when I saw that it was going to end I died a little inside, but I understand why it's going this route.

Undergoing Renovations...

I never told anyone to hack the servers or crack the source code.~Gata. ;)
No, you didn't, but you said you hoped someone would, which means you hoped someone would perform an illegal activity.
Oops, I guess my wish for not letting the game die got me carried away. :P~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Finally got off my lazy backside and installed my 1-Month copy. I'll try to see if I can meet up with anybody, though I don't know which "universe" server everyone plays on the most (i've got Overbuild to start with, and that seems to be the standard to start with in the US).I'll hopefully have my approved Minifigs' names have somthing to do with the word Drewsko.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Finally got off my lazy backside and installed my 1-Month copy. I'll try to see if I can meet up with anybody, though I don't know which "universe" server everyone plays on the most (i've got Overbuild to start with, and that seems to be the standard to start with in the US).I'll hopefully have my approved Minifigs' names have somthing to do with the word Drewsko.

Overbuild is definitely the most used server. As you can see in the list of playing BZPower members (check the first post), all people play there.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Going good so far with starting with a F2P guy. I think I can redeem my activation code on the back of my manual anytime to get full access, and maybe I'll give them 10 bucks to get through December and then be able to fully experience the game for the last month of play.I'm not the fondest of this game, but I'm willing to give it a try (when school allows for that, of course).

Going good so far with starting with a F2P guy. I think I can redeem my activation code on the back of my manual anytime to get full access, and maybe I'll give them 10 bucks to get through December and then be able to fully experience the game for the last month of play.I'm not the fondest of this game, but I'm willing to give it a try (when school allows for that, of course).

You have to make a new minifigure to have a member.EDIT: I mean, a F2P cant convert into a Member (I think) Im not sure..... Edited by PowerMiner

You have to make a new minifigure to have a member.EDIT: I mean, a F2P cant convert into a Member (I think) Im not sure.....

I certainly hope that I can convert to a member on my main minifig. That would just make me mad. I was gonna delete him and create a minifig named BrikmanMcStudz, but since the situation has altered, I will keep ZeroPrimeQuasar. Besides, I've done so much with ZPQ that I might as well keep him.So I gotta ask. Could a use a game card on December 1st, or do I have to use it on November 30th? Cause I fear that I'll buy a card with the intent of activating it on December 1st and I'll find out it won't work anymore. That would just set me off.

BTW, the activation code worked perfectly, and I was able to easily change my current fig to the full-access account.I think I'll be taking a page from PeabodySam's book and doing a little "diary" thing of my adventures in this game, only they're written in the perspective of my characters: One basically me, with some comdeic exaggerations, one a diehard explorer who lives for adventure, and one a scientist hoping to unravel the Malestrom's secrets. Might be a fun read for you guys.

Hmm, my faith in Lego was decreased greatly when they got rid of Bionicle, but only recently did I realize it: Lego will almost never listen to its fans or go back to times like '05 when the prices were reasonable for the quality. (I don't know how I came up with the last part really) Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be playing Minecraf- *looks at time* going to bed."

I have no signature. Boo-Hoo.

My BZPRPG

92% of BZPers use sigfads. If you are part of the 8% that think them pointless, copy and paste this into your signature.

banner_beatdown1.png

Yayz! I'm an old, defenseless leader guy!

You have to make a new minifigure to have a member.EDIT: I mean, a F2P cant convert into a Member (I think) Im not sure.....

I certainly hope that I can convert to a member on my main minifig. That would just make me mad. I was gonna delete him and create a minifig named BrikmanMcStudz, but since the situation has altered, I will keep ZeroPrimeQuasar. Besides, I've done so much with ZPQ that I might as well keep him.So I gotta ask. Could a use a game card on December 1st, or do I have to use it on November 30th? Cause I fear that I'll buy a card with the intent of activating it on December 1st and I'll find out it won't work anymore. That would just set me off.
Of course F2P players can upgrade to a full membership, that is the point of F2P, after all.As far as your game card is concerned, I am pretty sure you have to use it before December.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Of course F2P players can upgrade to a full membership, that is the point of F2P, after all.As far as your game card is concerned, I am pretty sure you have to use it before December.~Gata. ;)

Darn. I'm thinking that if I enter it on November 30, it will end on December 30. That puts me out of the running for the free month unless I decided to buy two cards. $20 is a bit more then I would like to spend on a dying game.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice for Lego to completely make the game free and unlimited access. CN did that to Fusionfall and usually updates it

Why would they?

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

It would be nice for Lego to completely make the game free and unlimited access. CN did that to Fusionfall and usually updates it

Why would they?
I said IT would be nice of them to do so. They most likely won't do it, but I'm just stating my opinion Edited by Rix

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

When should I buy a game card to get access to the game until the end??? O_O~PowerMiner~

I think game cards aren´t sold anymore.~Gata. ;)
Can you still use the game cards that you have? My cousin has like 3 and planning to give them away, but isn't sure if it's still usable
You can still use them until 1st December.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Could someone explain to me what is going on with the mythrans distributing unreleased items? I've seen a couple of people wearing dragon costumes, and I heard they will be giving out jetpacks at some point. Does anyone know more about this?

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I figure I'll ask this quick. If anyone has a Game Card they aren't going to use, could you send the code to me via PM? There aren't any cards at the local Walmart and I wanted to play the full game in the final months. If nobody has any, that's cool. So ends my journey in LEGO Universe. I wish it had definitely lasted longer then it did.

I figure I'll ask this quick. If anyone has a Game Card they aren't going to use, could you send the code to me via PM? There aren't any cards at the local Walmart and I wanted to play the full game in the final months. If nobody has any, that's cool. So ends my journey in LEGO Universe. I wish it had definitely lasted longer then it did.

I wish I did, but I don't. I'm sorry :( and I had to buy a Gamecard this week so I would have enough game time to get the last month free.

Oh, hey, this has a topic! Cool! ^^Anyway, I like the game. I played it for a while for free, then I finally decided to buy a month to try it out. It's fun. ^^I joined the Adventurers and now I'm a Buccaneer. ^^I've got to say, I'm enjoying the gameplay, the plot and the music (Crux Prime especially).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I'm currently working to record all the main missions of LEGO Universe, as well as all the flags, binoculars, bricks, etc, in 720p video with Fraps before the end of the game. I then plan to upload it to a certain site, so if this works out we should have most, if not all, of the game documented. Only Crux Prime, Ninjago, The Battle of Nimbus Station, and the WBL worlds left, as well as some assorted missions in Forbidden Valley and Gnarled Forest. Everything else is recorded! I should be able to have this done easily by January 31. ^_^ I've had some issues with running out of hard drive space (I tend to record about 70 GB of video in a single session), so I've been compressing the videos as I go (don't worry, I'm not loosing any quality in the process). I should hopefully be able to get an external hard drive soon, too, so that will help.

Edited by jamesster

I'm currently working to record all the main missions of LEGO Universe, as well as all the flags, binoculars, bricks, etc, in 720p video with Fraps before the end of the game. I then plan to upload it to a certain site, so if this works out we should have most, if not all, of the game documented. Only Crux Prime, Ninjago, The Battle of Nimbus Station, and the WBL worlds left, as well as some assorted missions in Forbidden Valley and Gnarled Forest. Everything else is recorded! I should be able to have this done easily by January 31. ^_^ I've had some issues with running out of hard drive space (I tend to record about 70 GB of video in a single session), so I've been compressing the videos as I go (don't worry, I'm not loosing any quality in the process). I should hopefully be able to get an external hard drive soon, too, so that will help.

May I recommend recordable CD's or DVD's? They tend to be the cheapest form of permanent storage.

Are signatures still a thing?

May I recommend recordable CD's or DVD's? They tend to be the cheapest form of permanent storage.
I'd like to be able to access them faster, like with an external hard drive (which I could also store other stuff on). Plus, the only CDs we have are primarily used for the music stuff my dad does...

Wow, that's quite a large project. Still, it's good to know someone is doing it- It recently occurred to me that a lot of LU would be lost if something like this didn't happen, but I had absolutely no idea where to begin with doing it myself. :P

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend