Viewing Archives Without Logging Out

Lewa0111 Nuva

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I don't know where else to put this. Anyway, I know that for a while now there has been a weird problem where viewing the archives while being logged in causes members to get automatically logged out of the new forums, which can get annoying after a while, especially if you want to log into the archives in order to use the search function. However, I recently discovered a way around this! If your computer has more than one different type of browser (ex. Internet Explorer and Firefox), then by logging into the archives on one browser and into the new forums on the other, you will not be logged out of either. I've been using this for about a week now for rewriting my old comedies, and it works great. I haven't been logged out once! This might be especially useful for reposting old topics or even just wanting to read old posts without having to log back in every time. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

For those of you who don't want to deal with more than one window open, I know Firefox has an extension called IE Tab that will switch a single tab over to Internet Explorer. I don't know about Chrome, though.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Chrome has an IE Tab extension, too...You can also use Chrome's Incognito Mode on one window, and the normal window in another. Sadly, this doesn't work for individual tabs, but it's better that loading up two browsers at once... Oh, and Explorer has InPrivate Browsing, but I don't know if it works or not...

banner.jpg

Technically, you could do the same thing by running two profiles of Firefox. Anyways, good tip. Shouldn't be much of a problem for me though, because of two reasons:

• [*]I don't use the forum archives, because I have no need to do so[*]I have Firefox, Firefox Nightly, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera Next, and Internet Explorer. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't go into the archives much anymore (fresh start, yanno?), but this is a helpful tip in case I ever want to go looking through them without being logged out.Now I just have to download another browser (rather pointless, in my opinion) so I can actually use this advice. :P-Skar

That's a good idea, but I usually just use IE. Never used Firefox or Chrome. Still, that's pretty clever. ^_^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Chrome has an IE Tab extension, too...You can also use Chrome's Incognito Mode on one window, and the normal window in another. Sadly, this doesn't work for individual tabs, but it's better that loading up two browsers at once... Oh, and Explorer has InPrivate Browsing, but I don't know if it works or not...

I am so going to try this...when I need it. Which may be never...I believe I have resolved all my Library archive hassles, and I do not anticipate more...

Thank you for telling us this! I'm now rather glad I installed Google-Chrome...

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Ive used this technique for when I have two different emails on the same email service (one for school, one for personal). It works nicely, and it's why I like using multiple browsers instead of being an elitist who only ever uses one. (But I have not done this for the BZP archives, so thanks for the idea!):music: