Catra

That's only if you're taking Hussie's word very literally (never the best choice). Also ignoring that he's said that more pages are done than what he has posted. The remaining pages could well be around the ballpark of 80-100, but any more wouldn't be odd at all.

AXKP5KC.png

That's only if you're taking Hussie's word very literally (never the best choice). Also ignoring that he's said that more pages are done than what he has posted. The remaining pages could well be around the ballpark of 80-100, but any more wouldn't be odd at all.

My take on it is that the page count itself might be around that length, but I have a feeling we're gonna get a lot of really long dialoglogs and a bunch of lengthy cutscenes, so it will be a good deal longer in actuality.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 4 months later...

So.

Collide.

That was neat.

That was neat.

I really liked this flash. Have watched it twice, freaking goosebumps pretty much the whole way through. Amazing thing. I even liked it art-wise more than Cascade, can't tell if it's just because I'm finally giving up about not liking guest art or just because it's generally better. Either way. Very little to hinder my enjoyment of this.

I especially love that it took the form of primarily Strife battles. We see the sprites too rarely, and seeing them back in force in this way was fantastic. Lots of cool stuff happened, especially those Fraymotifs! Really nice.

But...I am disappointed in it, as far as the fact that it doesn't really resolve anything goes. I was expecting something like Cascade where there's a dozen twists and unexpected things, everything is resolved and set up and when it ends it...ends. A lot of cool stuff happened in this flash but none of it was beyond the realm of possibility or expectability. What's more, the flash kept hinting to a few things that could have thrown some real twists in there, like Callie at the Green Sun and Gamzee in the fridge, but didn't follow through with them. The dream bubble stuff was underrepresented. And then it just kinda ended in a weird spot. It's a little underwhelming for what was supposed to wrap up this Act.

But. That is probably the point. The fact that it ended in the middle of things and that a lot of stuff hinted has yet to happen makes it clear that we're not nearly done. Plus the ending is obviously ominous. So I don't have a big issue with all that not happening, I guess, since it eventually will, just...for an EoA, it kinda failed to reach my expectations a little.

But I suppose that is both minor and will stop being relevant soon enough. It was really cool for what it was.

And dat Undertale reference.

And I keep calling it a flash even though it's on Youtube. Oh well.

PRETTY bothered that A6A6I5 didn't have curtains before or during Collide, though. That's just sloppy.

AXKP5KC.png

it's over

i don't know why but the ending felt...kinda disappointing? i loved the animation, it was amazing, yet...something felt missing. all the buildup to lord english, and yet...he just went "poof". gone. kinda disappointed by that.

oh well. i could watch [ S ] ACT 7 over and over again because it really is great to watch.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

The art's nice, and while I'm not the biggest fan of the ending... at least it's an end. But... a bit too many loose ends. Not the worst end, but definitely not the best. (worst case scenario being none at all)

Seven years are now over. Seven years. And to think it got popular here on BZP back in 2010? Long time... that's more than a quarter of my life. And now it's over? I don't quite know how to parse that, frankly. Its latest page has been in my chrome bookmarks quite often in those past few years... and now it's over. 

Well, it was a very nice seven years, at least. That doesn't change because of a somewhat disappointing ending. 

EDIT: And... apparently there may or may not be some sort of epilogue coming eventually. 

Edited by Electromagnetic Pulse

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

All things considered I think it would be nice to use spoiler tags for now considering it basically just came out, but...

The ending left me with a lot of disappointment and sadness, and it left me feeling pretty empty. Like, a lot. A lot. It was beautiful and everything, but it was completely unsatisfying.

I don't know what to think of an epilogue. If he purposefully left the ending as ambiguous as it could be, I don't think he would resolve things properly in an epilogue. Maybe I'm wrong, and it will be satisfying. But this...isn't, and it's all we have for now. And I don't want to start getting optimistic about the possibility of getting something satisfying, nor do I want to use that to try to offset my opinion of this ending. I was looking to Act 7 to redeem the failings I thought were present in the story as it was, and to dispel the reservations I had about the way things had gone. And then the opposite of that happened.

It honestly makes me pretty sad. Usually after making statements like that I go "oh well," but after being invested in this story for five and a half years now for this...well, it's not actually well.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

UH

WHAT

Loved Act 7, but yeah, there were loose ends. I think he meant to end it that way, but, yeah...

A lot of the loose ends can be filled in with aggressive theorizing, and if the problem sleuth epilogue is any indication then the one for Homestuck should be excellent and fill everything in. Still I do wish we could have an ending that didn't need so much theorizing to clear everything up.

The epilogue will just be Karkat in a bathrobe telling the readers to go home and that there's nothing left, a clear reference to the great film,titled In Which A Young and Selfish Troll Commits Multiple Acts of Truancy, Vandalism and Grand Theft Auto While Comically Avoiding His Lusus at Every Turn At the Expense of His Sibling's Well-Being

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

• 1 month later...

Oh this topic exists, I'll contribute to it since I started reading homestuck on the 27th after seeing numerous references to it over the years, and finished last Friday.

Well the Album Homestuck Vol. 10 Came out, and here's a link: https://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/homestuck-vol-10

Now, where's that epilogue telling us what happened to FedoraFreak? :P

And collide and the 2 pages of Act 7 were great too, but I can't really put those into words because they're too great for that.

EDIT: That seems like it should be in a spoiler, even if that was from April.

Edited by Shadow Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

And on an unrelated note, (This was more than 2 months ago, so I'll no longer use spoiler tags)

A theory on why we never got to see what happens to Lord English, that I read somewhere earlier today and forgot where:

Homestuck has some chess motifs in it.

In chess, you don't actually take down the king, you just get him to checkmate.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

• 2 months later...

An interesting question I thought of because of some homestucks elsewhere on the internet mentioning BZP-

How many of you started reading HS because of BZPower?

I did, as did 3 other random people on the internet.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

An interesting question I thought of because of some homestucks elsewhere on the internet mentioning BZP-

I can't remember if BZP actually inspired me to read Homestuck or not, but I do know for sure that I discovered BZPStuck before I discovered Homestuck.

• Upvote 1

I did too. Although I started with Problem Sleuth, which; if I'm to be entirely honest now that HS is finished; I think is probably the better adventure. Even if the entire second half was a boss battle. It finished before it became too big for its own good, which isn't really something I can say about Homestuck, which reached its peak in 2010/2011 in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I did too. Although I started with Problem Sleuth, which; if I'm to be entirely honest now that HS is finished; I think is probably the better adventure. Even if the entire second half was a boss battle. It finished before it became too big for its own good, which isn't really something I can say about Homestuck, which reached its peak in 2010/2011 in my opinion.

I'd... actually almost agree with you, although it may just be I have fond memories of the time when I read PS. I think I may have enjoyed HS more just because of how absurd it got but PS was more enjoyable in a... Hitchhiker's Guide sort of way. Humorous, but with a surprisingly complex plot.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha I just noticed the topic over on those forums.

The guy you quoted on that thread was actually me.

(assuming, that is, that you are RG)

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Hahaha I just noticed the topic over on those forums.

The guy you quoted on that thread was actually me.

(assuming, that is, that you are RG)

How can you expect me to be a username other than RG when my username is already here? 

=P

Yeah that was me though.

Edit: As no one mentioned it, that Hiveswap trailer tho:

EDIT: You all do realise there was an upd8, right?

Edited by Spooky RG

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

• 6 years later...
On 11/5/2015 at 6:34 PM, dotcom said:

I just hope Hiveswap comes out before the year is over...

lol

homestuck is a comic that i loved, then hated, then found myself loving again, if only because i can't not love something that's taken up so much psychic real estate. i still think about it sometimes; every now and again i pull up the soundtrack and, say, listen to Doctor and remember how i felt the first time i saw the Land of Wind and Shade. it was my last outing with fandom, but man, what an outing it was. i think the one thing that could get me so obsessively into a massive, sprawling work again would be if it were like homestuck, with the caveat that being "like homestuck" means also being unlike homestuck--part of why i loved it so much was because it was unlike anything i'd ever seen before, and so this hypothetical work would have to exist in some form that i can't presently conceive of.

of course, homestuck was also the last cultural hurrah of the era of the web that i grew up in. it was a comic about a particular incarnation of the internet, one that i thought and think of as home. the world has changed; i am no longer in the thick of it, nor do i much want to be. so this successor might fail to draw me in, no matter its merits, on that basis alone.

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight