SCM-541: The White Viper

My entry for BBC Contest 68. SCM stands for Stormer Combat Machine.

Main image:

thing.jpg

Back:

14222941297_8205541985_z.jpg

(Click either of the images above to view the gallery on flickr.)

Comments and criticism appreciated.

Edited by The Swimming Beard
  • Upvote 8

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I came here from your Rotan post, and after seeing your sig, I knew I must come here XD

Why take away the Cordak missles? Leave them in there; they'd not only fit in with the red from the Cordak's back, but it'd look more 'Heavy-Arms' (gundam wing fans, out there!!)

If Stormer 'built' this in IFB, I think he'd need no other heroes to help him, LOL Then again, the feet (as with Rotan's feet); but I guess it is your building style/ preference?

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Now that is an epic design. Very very well done. I especially like the colour-balance between the blue and white and the upper torso around the cockpit. I can see this going into the finals easily =) Good luck in the contest!

Thanks. :)

Well this is beautiful. Simple colour scheme, complex and streamlined. The medium blue joint on the chest feels out of place to me, but overally, this Mech looks strong enough to take down any Kaiju... I mean, beasts? B-)

There are actually more azure joints spread throughout the model, they are just hard to see due to the armor. Anyway, thanks.

I came here from your Rotan post, and after seeing your sig, I knew I must come here XD

Why take away the Cordak missles? Leave them in there; they'd not only fit in with the red from the Cordak's back, but it'd look more 'Heavy-Arms' (gundam wing fans, out there!!)

If Stormer 'built' this in IFB, I think he'd need no other heroes to help him, LOL Then again, the feet (as with Rotan's feet); but I guess it is your building style/ preference?

I might have left the Cordak missles, but I only had 9, not enough to fill 2 blasters. I think the feet look okay, but as you say, that may just be my building style. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Did someone say Heavyarms? I was considering doing a Gundam or something, but after seeing this, I now am happy I decided to just maybe make one as a MoC, and not a contest entry.

Hm, I guess I could do a Heavyarms rather than Deathscythe... I do have an idea on how to make his gun now, after all... Thanks!

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.

Did someone say Heavyarms? I was considering doing a Gundam or something, but after seeing this, I now am happy I decided to just maybe make one as a MoC, and not a contest entry.

Hm, I guess I could do a Heavyarms rather than Deathscythe... I do have an idea on how to make his gun now, after all... Thanks!

Here's a suggestion: Full Armour Unicorn Gundam! : D

• Upvote 1
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Here's a suggestion: Full Armour Unicorn Gundam! : D

I think I may have to save that for someone with more skill and way more white parts, like The Swimming Beard here. Mine are rather lacking. That's why XXXG-01D would be good, because it's mostly black and dark grey.

Edited by kopaka's kool kompanion

Current collection:
2001: 
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva

2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9

1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

WOW. That's fantastic. The color scheme, the way everything just flows together without looking odd or forced, some of this parts usage... wow. I'm amazed.

GG 12/10. My favorite section would probably be the legs.

-Mesonak

• Upvote 1

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Well, I know who I'm voting for. I love everything about this, especially the guns. 

Personally, I prefer them without the missiles; the red wouldn't fit with the colour scheme. The red really stands out on the back, and not in a good way.

Overall, the best one in the contest so far, in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

Well this is beautiful. Simple colour scheme, complex and streamlined. The medium blue joint on the chest feels out of place to me, but overally, this Mech looks strong enough to take down any Kaiju... I mean, beasts? B-)

What's a Kaiju?

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

What's a Kaiju?

A Kaiju is literally, from Japanese, "Strange Beast".

Edited by kopaka's kool kompanion

Current collection:
2001: 

What's a Kaiju?

A Kaiju is literally, from Japanese, "Strange Beast".

Oh. Thanks!

VBWj75sh.png

First of all, congrats for actually making an entry with a VISIBLY pilot-able design. 

I love the shape and theming of this. Most MOCs this size and weight are messy and unappealing when you get to the nitty gritty. But you've actually given it some really good accenting and colour blocking. Though with that in mind, the ONE hf light blue limb looks out of place considering it's the only part that looks like that (as all other pieces less a few joints contributing to that colour wheel are transparent), and I can't help but feel like a few more "strapped" limbs elsewhere would have helped to balance that out.

And since you have gone almost entirely the technic purist way, the studded circle flats on the inside of the knee joint REALLY stand out without balance anywhere else on the MOC. You would have been better either putting a few more details like that elsewhere or ditching it entirely for either a cam or a bushing. 

Also I just want to say your MOC has the best back EASILY out of the whole contest. Very interesting, cohesive and well fleshed-out.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

• 2 weeks later...

This just stunning. That's perhaps one of the best HF Mech MOCs I've ever seen. I hope this wins the contest.

WOW. That's fantastic. The color scheme, the way everything just flows together without looking odd or forced, some of this parts usage... wow. I'm amazed.

GG 12/10. My favorite section would probably be the legs.

-Mesonak

Well, I know who I'm voting for. I love everything about this, especially the guns. 

Personally, I prefer them without the missiles; the red wouldn't fit with the colour scheme. The red really stands out on the back, and not in a good way.

Overall, the best one in the contest so far, in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, all. :)

First of all, congrats for actually making an entry with a VISIBLY pilot-able design. 

I love the shape and theming of this. Most MOCs this size and weight are messy and unappealing when you get to the nitty gritty. But you've actually given it some really good accenting and colour blocking. Though with that in mind, the ONE hf light blue limb looks out of place considering it's the only part that looks like that (as all other pieces less a few joints contributing to that colour wheel are transparent), and I can't help but feel like a few more "strapped" limbs elsewhere would have helped to balance that out.

And since you have gone almost entirely the technic purist way, the studded circle flats on the inside of the knee joint REALLY stand out without balance anywhere else on the MOC. You would have been better either putting a few more details like that elsewhere or ditching it entirely for either a cam or a bushing. 

Also I just want to say your MOC has the best back EASILY out of the whole contest. Very interesting, cohesive and well fleshed-out.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a long, detailed post. Anyway, I'm glad you like the MOC. I suppose the Azure limb does stand out. I originally wanted it to be trans-blue, but after I saw that I wouldn't be able to get my hand on Chima sets, I had to settle for azure. Perhaps I should have used another armor piece in its place. As for the studded circle flats, I really don't know what I could have used in their place; I wanted to keep the legs at least 4-wide in that area, and I have no gears that could do the job. A bushing would leave the knee area too narrow. :notsure: Anyway, thanks for the feedback. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This MOC was voted as a finalist in BBCC 68, and will appear at Brickfair Virginia. Thanks to everyone who voted for it! :D

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 3 weeks later...

Let's cut to the chase: How long 'till you can build me a working one of these? I gats sum scores to settle!

But honestly, you should be proud of this one. It's sleek, stylish, and professionally executed. Well done!

Incidentally, did you leave the Cordak blasters empty because of the clash between the red ammunition and the rest of the mech, or is there a different reason? I'm just being a curious MOCer right now.

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

Let's cut to the chase: How long 'till you can build me a working one of these? I gats sum scores to settle!

But honestly, you should be proud of this one. It's sleek, stylish, and professionally executed. Well done!

Incidentally, did you leave the Cordak blasters empty because of the clash between the red ammunition and the rest of the mech, or is there a different reason? I'm just being a curious MOCer right now.

The Cordak ammunition was left out mainly due to the red color. I thought the red on the back was bad enough, and didn't want to put such a clashing color on the front as well. Anyway, thanks!

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET