The Iron Tiger

iron_tiger.jpg
>>Click here for better quality<<

Gallery (when available)

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I recently broke into my collection again, so I figured I would enter this contest. Decided to limit myself to black, orange and silver - and this was the result. It would probably look better if it was just black and orange, but I don't have enough orange pieces for that unfortunately.

Hope you like it! :) Edited by Toa Kovolta
  • Upvote 4

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

Looks good. It would not look good without the silver though. Bichromatic mocs are very very very very very very very very very boring. I think even some more color would have been good.

My biggest criticism is the belly button. It's kinda weird, and I can tell it's just there for the color distribution; but something else coulda gone there methinks.

Good luck!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

You make a fair point. But I feel that bichromatic mocs can have a certain simplicity to them that works well. And it depends on the colours, but I try never to use more than three colours, as it can get fairly busy. Black, silver and grey, would probably be the only exceptions to this.

As for the "belly button" I was trying to go for something heartlight like. Looking at it now, I realize I probably should have had it facing outwards instead of inwards, and used translucent orange. Something to think of for next time.

Thanks!

Edited by Toa Kovolta

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

You know, between the color scheme, legs, and pointy shoulders, this thing reminds me of an un-dork-ified Kek Powerizer. It's got me imagining some far-off alternate universe where Galidor wasn't lame. But yeah, cool MOC!

A slight resemblance is there I have to admit.

Whenever it comes to MOCs, I always love it when people use pieces and a good color scheme for the build.

I love your build AND color scheme! It looks sinister yet impresses me that I'll be protected. Not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's what I got. :P

Again, so good!