Nashornkäfer — BBCC 68

I left a ton of praise and comments on flickr but one thing I didn't mention is that the back is very..... yellow. I kinda wish there was at least some black up at the top to continue the shoulder plates or something? idk that's not exactly what I mean but it's VERY yellow.

It's a phenomenal MOC, though. I can easily see this making it all the way to the finals.

I left a ton of praise and comments on flickr but one thing I didn't mention is that the back is very..... yellow. I kinda wish there was at least some black up at the top to continue the shoulder plates or something? idk that's not exactly what I mean but it's VERY yellow.

It's a phenomenal MOC, though. I can easily see this making it all the way to the finals.

Thanks for the comment both here and on the Flickr page! Looking at my MOC, I do agree that the back is completely yellow, but when I was constructing it, I thought the pieces just sort of sflowed well together. I mean, I have some of those pieces in white to replace it, but then again, the back is not the main focus of the MOC. I'd say its color layering is not nearly as crucial as the front's.

Regarding the finals, it seems too early to judge at this point, since I think many people will enter their MOCs in the next few days. And with Darth Vader and Kakaru's entries now in, I'd say they probably have a lock on first and second place . . . But your endorsement is very much appreciated. :D

I love the color combination. And I also love how the model makes me think of a DotA character.

I'm not too familiar with all the pieces you've used either. Most of them are probably HeroFactory pieces, huh?

Yes, most of his pieces are from Hero Factory. But hey, they're Bionicle and Technic compatible, so they're 100% contest-legal! And they come in such a nice assortment of colors! Although, a number of his pieces are much older, from various other things. His jaw is a solid Slizer visor from the Stormtrooper set, the shoulder pads are from Technic vehicles, his sword is from Exo-Force, and the yellow forearm vents are from the Mission Deep Sea sets, for example.

Which DotA character does the MOC remind you of? I didn't know that game had giant Super Robots in it. :P

~B~

Edited by Ballom