What LEGO Videogames would you like to see?

Black Six

Yesterday I received the following message from Kevin Hinkle of the LEGO Community Events & Engagement team:

Recently, I've had the opportunity to work more closely with members of the LEGO Digital Games team based in the US office. These individuals are dedicated to the development and subsequent marketing efforts of our console LEGO video games such as the upcoming LEGO: Batman 3 Beyond Gotham and the recently launched LEGO: The Hobbit games. For those of you who may be planning to attend the AFOL convention BrickFair Virginia 2014 in Chantilly, Virginia; USA, you'll have the opportunity to meet Nikki Lamontagne, Associate Marketing Manager, of with whom I've been speaking with directly. Nikki and her team have been asked to comprise a wish list of LEGO video games to explore in 2016 and she's expressed interest in hearing feedback from our AFOL community. What does this mean? We'd like to know what theme you'd like turned into a LEGO video game in 2016! This can be a current LEGO theme, older LEGO theme, or something that might not have even appeared physically on shelves.

Please note that as with any situation we cannot guarantee or promise that the ideas generated will come to fruition now or in the future. However, I am thrilled that the team has actively reached out to ascertain what our fan community would like to see in the LEGO digital space. If interested in helping us in generating this wish list, please discuss the opportunity within your LUG. I will be collecting all ideas to present one consolidated list to Nikki in two weeks time to align with her requested deadline. As such I would kindly request that each LUG consolidate any ideas from their members into one singular document and submit to me by 12:00am EST on Wednesday July 23rd.

So you heard the man - what sort of LEGO videogames would you like to see? Post your ideas here and I'll compile a list to send to Kevin!

Yeah, I always thought a Hero Factory game where you could build your own hero, apply upgrades and choose from a great variety of missions (with a main plot and side quests) could have been a great game. It may be too late for that now, though...

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

LEGO Mass Effect

LEGO Redwall

A Bionicle RPG game where you can build your own toa and help villagers ala Skyrim. You can even join the worlds of friends for co-op.

A Hero Factory RPG game where you can build your own hero and explore the galaxy ala Mass Effect.

As long as the developer takes care of it, I don't mind. Redwall would be amazing though

• Upvote 4

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

LEGO Mass Effect

LEGO Redwall

A Bionicle RPG game where you can build your own toa and help villagers ala Skyrim. You can even join the worlds of friends for co-op.

A Hero Factory RPG game where you can build your own hero and explore the galaxy ala Mass Effect.

As long as the developer takes care of it, I don't mind. Redwall would be amazing though

That sounds like the perfect Bionicle game. It must be done! Also, DLC should be released which include the later years.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Game with all the Turtles,their Allies, &  Enemies versions.

BIONICLE game that based on Mata Nui thought Bara Mangna in the way of a la New Super Mario Bros with Every difference version of Words had their own Toa/Glatoran with their owned power-ups. 

Edited by Spiderus Prime

More games based on nonlicensed themes, and more games that diverge from the typical TT Games formula would be nice. And there are improvements that could be made to the games that are already being released now. Some examples:

• A new Lego Loco- or Lego Creator-type game: Simulator games are all the rage these days, and I feel Lego could get in on that action. Something that could simulate function-based models like Trains or Technic would be ideal.
  • A new Lego Racers title is another good idea. I'm not advocating for another zany crossover game so much as just another game that allows you to build and race your own custom Lego vehicles.
  • More games like the Mata Nui Online Game, please! The MNOG's adventure game format remains one of the best games Lego has ever produced in terms of worldbuilding for a new theme launch. Modern online games on the Lego website are mostly action games which, while good, are not nearly as immersive or thought-provoking.
  • More high-quality Ninjago games: There's no reason Ninjago games should be limited to endless runners or shallow imitations of the big licensed console games. Lego Battles: Ninjago was great, but I think the theme would be well-suited to a side-scrolling brawler like Double Dragon. It'd be easy to implement a Spinjitzu mechanic like the one in the show—performing combos on weak enemies like Skulkin could activate Spinjitzu powers for taking out stronger enemies with ease. A brawler is also an easy genre to adapt for various settings, allowing for a game that races through all the settings and enemies from the series so far.
  • Better handheld titles: many early Lego games for the 3DS were a dream come true—straight ports of the TT Games titles we knew and loved, with reduced graphical fidelity but enhanced portability. So why have recent 3DS games like The Lego Movie Videogame returned to pixel graphics and an unchanging isometric overhead view like the old DS or GBA titles? It doesn't make sense to me.
  • Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

LEGO Island 3! I think this franchise mixed with TT games' gameplay style has great potential!

Island Xtreme Stunts is LEGO Island 3. Like Drome Racers/LEGO Racers 3, it was given a different name before release, and you can even still find traces of the original name if you poke around in the game's assets. Also, LEGO City Undercover happened.

Anyway, just popping in here to say that I'd also love another LEGO racing game. Car building is cool and all, but I'd really love to see a game with a solid track builder. Take a look at United Front Games' racing titles, ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet Karting, for example. The bar for racing games focusing on UGC has been raised.

As Lyichir said, sort of Loco/Creator-esque game with more interactivity would be fun. Loco was cool and all, but I was disappointed to be confined to an overview of the world I'd built, with no way to zoom in and interact with it as a minifigure - like you could do in the Creator games, and Rock Raiders, though that was a real time strategy game. The Creator games were cool in concept, and could be done much better these days. While you could technically take control of minifigures in Creator, controlling them was ridiculously sloppy. Knights' Kingdom improved on that, but other quirks got in the way of me really enjoying the game... Minifigures couldn't walk up steps/ramps/across bridges, there was no AI to speak of (they just ran in circles and figure 8s and turned around if they hit something), everything could be destroyed in one hit from a cannon or destructa-brick, whether it was a flower or an entire castle, etc. It was a game based around putting things into a world and interacting with them (and watching them interact with each other), which got old quite fast once you realized how cheap the interactivity was.

Edited by jamesster
  • Upvote 1

I was going to say a Bionicle game, but there has already been a few. I think a Hero Factory video game would be awesome.

I think a good Hero Factory game would be awesome, but Lego could very easily ruin it.

I have always thought a game based off of Exo-Force would have been cool, whether it be where the player uses the main characters, or builds their own character and machine.

I have also liked the idea of a Lego Elder Scrolls game, It would blend Lego's Family friendliness with the enjoyable open world exploring and quest system of Elder Scrolls.  It would also be good for more-than-two player multiplayer.  But it could be strange for Lego to make a game based off of a series of games, even if they made a theme for it.

Naturally, I would also want to see a Bionicle game, preferably one with multiplayer, (mostly co-op but with something similar the the Lego Star Wars CS Arcade).

Edited by Rampant

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

I'll throw my support toward a fourth LEGO Island game as long as it would be given the attention and love it deserves during development. Another LEGO racing game would be nice as well, with car building and track building, like jamesster suggested. Other than that, I'd like to see more games based on non-licensed themes with a more dramatic change-up to the tired TT games formula of "go throw levels and smash stuff." Stuff like Agents/Ultra Agents, Ninjago, the Adventurers, or even a massive crossover of themes could make some cool and interesting games

• Upvote 2

More games based on nonlicensed themes, and more games that diverge from the typical TT Games formula would be nice. And there are improvements that could be made to the games that are already being released now. Some examples:

• A new Lego Loco- or Lego Creator-type game: Simulator games are all the rage these days, and I feel Lego could get in on that action. Something that could simulate function-based models like Trains or Technic would be ideal.
  • A new Lego Racers title is another good idea. I'm not advocating for another zany crossover game so much as just another game that allows you to build and race your own custom Lego vehicles.
  • More games like the Mata Nui Online Game, please! The MNOG's adventure game format remains one of the best games Lego has ever produced in terms of worldbuilding for a new theme launch. Modern online games on the Lego website are mostly action games which, while good, are not nearly as immersive or thought-provoking.
  • More high-quality Ninjago games: There's no reason Ninjago games should be limited to endless runners or shallow imitations of the big licensed console games. Lego Battles: Ninjago was great, but I think the theme would be well-suited to a side-scrolling brawler like Double Dragon. It'd be easy to implement a Spinjitzu mechanic like the one in the show—performing combos on weak enemies like Skulkin could activate Spinjitzu powers for taking out stronger enemies with ease. A brawler is also an easy genre to adapt for various settings, allowing for a game that races through all the settings and enemies from the series so far.
  • Better handheld titles: many early Lego games for the 3DS were a dream come true—straight ports of the TT Games titles we knew and loved, with reduced graphical fidelity but enhanced portability. So why have recent 3DS games like The Lego Movie Videogame returned to pixel graphics and an unchanging isometric overhead view like the old DS or GBA titles? It doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not much of a gamer myself, but I can definitely agree with most of this stuff! Especially with regard to adventure games, because games like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, and the Mata Nui Online Game are the sorts of games I really do enjoy either playing or watching. Edited by Aanchir

Needless to say, I would like a console port of Lego Universe (online or no online), but a game I would really like is a third Lego City Undercover game / a fourth Lego Island game. You could tackle them both at once, by making a prequel to the Wii U game but a sequel to The Chase Begins that takes place on Lego Island. Chase gets sent to fight crime overseas at the end of the Chase Begins, and you never know where he is actually sent. If he is sent to Lego Island and he gets to take on the Brickster, it could become even better than the first Undercover game. That would rock. Lego City Undercover (Wii U) was by far the best Lego game in the Lego Star Wars-style, and Lego Island 2 (for the PC) is one of the best pre-LSW games.

Now thinking about it, a Hero Factory first-person shooter (not too dark and gritty, but not that cartoony) would be cool. HF needs a good narrative, and I don't think we've had a Lego FPS since Bionicle Heroes DS.

Yeah, so my recommendations would be a re-release of Lego Universe, Lego City Undercover 3 / Lego Island 4, and a Hero Factory FPS.

Edited by AceGreenLegend

- Bionicle Fan since 2002

- Former Lego Universe Alpha/Beta Tester

- Owner of The AGL Group

Literally anything but what they're currently doing. I am so tired of the same engine and stale gameplay being used every time. I'd also say, make the gameplay faster. One of the things I loved about Lego Star Wars (2005) was the fact that I could speedrun the levels really quickly. Now it's a mind-numbing tedious ordeal of mandatory minigames that add nothing but frustration.

Tell them to look at lego games from 1997-2004. Look at the variety and the fun. That's what I want to see more of.

• Upvote 3

As others have mentioned above, a departure from the TT game design and an adoption of non-licensed theme games would be very nice to see.

I'd still like to see a more traditional LEGO Racers 3 (there was Drome Racers, sure, but aside from it being a racing game I found that it had little in common with the predecessors). Unlike Lyichir, though, I am advocating for a zany crossover game, as that's what made the first two LEGO Racers games such fun to play though. There are several LEGO themes that could be adopted as arenas, such as Friends, Ninjago, Hero Factory, and Castle (assuming they last for the next few years), with one or two licensed themes thrown in for good measure.

And I'll thrown in an extra vote for something akin to the Mata Nui Online Game. I'd like to see that level of immersivity be implemented toward another theme at some point. It's probably too late to make one for existing themes, but as an opening game for a new theme it could be really fun.

• Upvote 4
BZPRPG

Anyway, just popping in here to say that I'd also love another LEGO racing game. Car building is cool and all, but I'd really love to see a game with a solid track builder. Take a look at United Front Games' racing titles, ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet Karting, for example. The bar for racing games focusing on UGC has been raised.

^^^Pretty much this.

After having had a blast playing the original LEGO Racers and then being let down by LEGO Racers 2, I've been wanting to see a new Racers game akin to the original.  It didn't try to shoehorn an adventure/career mode in like LR2 did, and the parts selection was better than what was available in the second iteration.  I think LEGO Racers 2 could have been much better had they focused more on racing and building and less on the "adventure" aspect.  (And by "less", I mean leave it out entirely.)

So anyway, yeah... LEGO Racers 4Ever! ;)

Edited by gifboy99
  • Upvote 2

What I would like to see is a Bionicle Online this game would be a multiplayer online game, you would be able to build your matoran and go through the ranks to get to a toa. Official Bionicle sets (should they come out in 2015) would have codes to unlocks their pieces ingame so you would be able to even more customize your character. This game would come out about the same time as the sets and would be free to play and would be used to promote the sets only.

• Upvote 1
Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

I haven't bought a new LEGO video game in years because I'm tired of the TT gameplay that has been repeated for a long time now. I understand that the engine and gameplay have improved since LEGO Star Wars, but it's still the same basic gameplay. I'm bored with it and want something original. In fact, the only LEGO video games I've bought in the past several years are older pre-TT games.

Thinking back, the best LEGO video game of all time and the one I spent the most time playing, and still do play from time to time, is the original LEGO Racers. The whole series was pretty good too, I've spent a great deal of time playing LEGO Racers 2 and Drome Racers, and I still play all of these games sometimes. Compared to other LEGO video games, for me there's no contest.

Also, please don't fall for the trap of fancy new graphics. Higher-concept beats higher-resolution anyday.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder
  • Upvote 2

Are signatures still a thing?

What a great chance!

I have three licensed ideas:

LEGO Back to the Future, with an open world Hill Valley hub with three different time periods to travel to.

LEGO Sherlock Holmes, based on the original stories with a LEGO twist.

LEGO Tintin, to coincide with the film in 2016. There is a diverse range of material to work with here, definitely one of my dream choices.

And some different concepts:

LEGO Island 3

BIONICLE: Legends of Mata Nui recreated for next gen consoles.

Thanks for your time.

TBH, I like the TT gameplay. I feel it meshes well with Lego, even if I've only watched about a zillion walkthroughs and played Lego Star Wars.

I think that a Bio game would be really fun. It would also be pretty easy to make an IFB HF game, considering the the vechicle mechanics in place for TLM and Star Wars.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

^^^Pretty much this.

After having had a blast playing the original LEGO Racers and then being let down by LEGO Racers 2, I've been wanting to see a new Racers game akin to the original.  It didn't try to shoehorn an adventure/career mode in like LR2 did, and the parts selection was better than what was available in the second iteration.  I think LEGO Racers 2 could have been much better had they focused more on racing and building and less on the "adventure" aspect.  (And by "less", I mean leave it out entirely.)

So anyway, yeah... LEGO Racers 4Ever! ;)

I got the first two Racers game in a two-pack and played through them both side by side, I generally preferred the second game over the first. I had a blast exploring the worlds and finding collectibles and hidden minigame entrances. That said, the first game's hidden shortcuts were also pretty cool.

I would love it if there were an increase in the number of non-licensed games. While I do think that TLG took steps in the right direction with Batman 2 and Marvel Heroes (having an original storyline instead of just directly taking the storyline of the original franchise), but as a whole, I think non-licensed games (like LEGO City Undercover) tend to be more interesting.

Also, I'd like a game like LEGO City Undercover for PC, although if it could be a little more original in terms of gameplay, that would be great. Exploring the city while utilizing abilities of various professions is something I would love to see from a game.

More gameplay types/more original gameplay in general would drastically improve future TT games. Even I have to admit that they've gotten stale. LEGO Marvel was a great game, but it would have been so much better if I hadn't already played almost a dozen other games with nearly the exact same gameplay.

Dedicated racing games, as long as they utilize fun physics like those in the original Racers games, would be awesome. Just...don't make another Drome Racers type game.

Some more RTS games would be awesome - Rock Raiders is still a classic, even if it's ridiculously buggy, and CrystalAlien Conflict (a game from LEGO.com) is probably my second favorite online game.

The Legend Lives...

I'm also going to echo the sentiment of some people that LEGO should make some games with different mechanics than the usual TT Games ones. It's not that they are bad but we have seen SO. MANY. of them. O.o I want something new because personally, I simply don't feel motivated to buy any LEGO video games right now.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 3

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I would like to see a Bionicle RPG that could become an MMO. I would like to have a freedom of choice between the different species of the MU and Spherus Magna, as well as the path they would choose to go on. For example, if I was a Glatorian, and I wanted to become a Dark Hunter, why not? It could be the entire world that we know of with the things that made the story of Bionicle that much more interesting.

A Bionicle RPG with buildable characters would be amazing. It would be a great way to advertise the rumored 2015 line. If Hero Factory is still around by then, a RPG for that would be cool as well. I would pay good for those!

In an upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (which I'm sure will be a thing eventually), I would love to see more of the current comic situations incorporated into the story. Make Venom an agent of SHIELD, utilize the Superior Spider-Man arc for a few levels, and more X-Men stuff, for example. Flashback to the past to see Cap and the Invaders and then utilize those characters today for another team-up.

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Well, a few ideas I can think of are a Lego City RTS and some games based on Dino Attack/ Alpha Team. With the new Arctic Lego City sets (so happy to see that theme back), there is a greater variety of situations they can get into. There could be levels building the city, making sure to get all the right buildings in while stopping fires and criminals along the way. Then there could be Arctic levels where you build a base, mine ice crystals, and defend yourself from Yetis and Polar Bears. There could be mining levels and space levels as well. It would also be great for crossovers. Just imagine meeting Benny on the moon, or doing some missions for the Ultra Agents.

Also, one of my favorite online games was Dino Attack, and Alpha Team had similar gameplay. It would be cool to see a new version of the vehicle brawling and boss fighting mixed with platforming and hacking Alpha Team had for the Ultra Agents.

One other idea could be just a family fun game for consoles. It could be for Kinect and Wii, or just controllers. There could be building challenges and minigames helping out characters from all themes, from putting out fires for Lego City to blasting crawlers for Hero Factory. Lego hasn't done anything like that for consoles as far as I'm aware, and it seems long overdue.

Oh, and of course a single player Lego Universe would take all my money. I just want that magnificent world back. I don't care about the

multiplayer aspect or (to an extent) the constant updates. As it was, it had plenty of room to explore and battle. It wouldn't be that hard to just throw in some AI for the races and other multiplayer minigames.

Edited by Click

Another Lego RPG that dumps the character in a Lego world full of previous Lego themes (such as Bionicle, Power Miners, Rock Raiders, Slizers/Throwbots, the old Lego Space theme, the old Lego Castle theme, etc.).

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

A BIONICLE game with a world like LEGO City Undercover, being with a huge world to explore.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Well, if it does indeed return next year, I'd really like to see another Bionicle game based on the storyline it would have.

If not, I'd really like to see a Lego game with Nintendo characters in it. Like Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Link, Samus, etc. Though I think licensing issues would most likely keep it from happening, I can't help but suggest it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'd like to see a Kingdom Hearts-style game where you travel to different worlds based on (non-licensed) LEGO themes both new, like Ninjago, Chima, and City, and old, like Space, Alpha Team, and Western, to stop the villain from destroying everything. You could customize a character and play with friends, and level up that character. 

Another game I'd like to see is a new LEGO Racers game, preferably with online racing and an online store to share karts.

While an open-world Bionicle action game would be cool, it's unlikely that one would be made unless Bionicle comes back. But maybe a Hero Factory game like that could work instead, with you building your own Hero and going on missions. Throw in online multiplayer and you could have a hit.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see a Kingdom Hearts-style game where you travel to different worlds based on (non-licensed) LEGO themes both new, like Ninjago, Chima, and City, and old, like Space, Alpha Team, and Western, to stop the villain from destroying everything. You could customize a character and play with friends, and level up that character. 

Another game I'd like to see is a new LEGO Racers game, preferably with online racing and an online store to share karts.

While an open-world Bionicle action game would be cool, it's unlikely that one would be made unless Bionicle comes back. But maybe a Hero Factory game like that could work instead, with you building your own Hero and going on missions. Throw in online multiplayer and you could have a hit.

That i Like
  • Upvote 1

There are several good new directions that could be taken.

First off, I think the other two evergreen themes should be given the LEGO City Undercover treatment, except... not just on Nintendo, please. A LEGO space game or castle game could have many new things to offer, so long as the Castle game does not just turn out like a non-licensed Hobbit game. :P

I do have to agree with everyone that the TT gameplay style is getting a bit stale. Introducing new features such as flight (LEGO Batman 2) or ground battles (LEGO Star Wars III) are nice, because they actually change the gameplay quite a bit, but TT could certainly do better. For example, there should really be a chance to show some actual creativity beyond the character creator, considering these are LEGO games.

Oh, and on the topic of features, 3D flying with vehicles around hubs is great, but why give them weapons if they don't actually... fight anything? :P If this was incorporated in some missions with actual enemies, the dogfights would be a blast, unlike LEGO Batman 2's method of just moving the target over the thing you have to shoot at...

Edited by BFN

For a new Lego game, I would love to see a mashup type of game, kind of like Lego Battles for the Nintendo DS, I loved that game because it had most of my favourite Lego themes in one game. But what I was thinking is there would be a lot more themes and perhaps older themes (like Bionicle, please Lego!) that have been discontinued. It could be like an open world game that would allow the player to explore different worlds from the different themes, like a city, the world from Legends Of Chima, Gotham, Space, etc. And the plot could be the good guys from all the themes team up against their villains. And like all the Lego games, the player could unlock different characters to play as, (and maybe one bionicle matoran for a little easter egg and to make fans happy) but the player could also choose to be on the good side, or the bad side. And maybe to make it even cooler there could be a multiplayer battle mode.

Well one thing I would like the most is a different gameplay on LEGO games, I mean the gameplay LEGO use from Lego Star Wars to now is good but it get really old, I mean they did it for 8 or something years now.

I would like to have more Non-License game on Console and PC games, I would love to see one of LEGO theme that is not license as a game like what they did with Lego City, Lego Movie and the PC only Lego Minifigure. It would be great to see a Hero Factory game before the theme ends and the LEGO city My City would be awesome for a PC exclusive game that you can build your own city then just a small LEGO Game on LEGO.com.

Last...    a better RPG game then LEGO Minifigure.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube