What LEGO Videogames would you like to see?

Black Six

Hello, I'm a huge Bionicle fan (as we probably all are) and in the advent of a possible reboot I think it's the perfect time for a game to be considered.

It lends itself to be the perfect franchise for gaming because of the characters, the universe and the gameplay it could inspire.

I think a Bionicle RPG/Action Adventure game would be a perfect game to come from Lego and one I have desperately been waiting years for.
Imagine it, you could create your own Toa, chose your mask power, power up, level up (like how they went from toa mata to nuva) and go on quests in small hub worlds ala the new thief game and have Levels as seperate entities as a fully open world game may be abit too much to ask for.

OR the other way to go about it is if you were to take the Toa Mata for example - have the player chose to be one of the 6 Toa mata, lets say Onua for example, and have them level up that character and go on their solo missions e.g. When Onua fought infected Lewa.
There would be missions where you would be teamed up with up to 6 of the other toa as well, like final battles against the Bahrag or Makuta.
This would allow diversity in the gameplay, as you could do different things by joining with the other Toa in battle while solo missions would be focused on the one character and would progress their story.
The brilliance of this idea is it would stick to the continuity of that brand, not alienating the user with different stories and trying to work out which one is canon or not. It would also offer multiple playthroughs or accounts, as you would want to play through each of the 6 Toa and experience all of their awesome powers and tales.

Personally I like the second idea the most as then the story could be a lot stronger and more tightly knit rather than have it losely hang around some idea's of what character the end user could create.
In terms of gameplay I don't expect this to be some Skyrim clone. It would never ever be mature, however I think some child friendly action by blasting fire blasts at a rahi and having them turn into peices or have the infected mask fly off - or in the Bohrok's case have them shut down and the krana fall out, that could get around the whole child friendly problem. I think the speach could be like Zelda. Infact I think this could take a lot from Zelda. You could have murmurs of sound play as speach rolls up onto the screen in each scenario so there doesn't really need to be any voice acting, it would also add to the charm I find.
3rd person action fighting could be a really good stance to take on this possible game. obviously have the player use normal melee attacks e.g tahu's fire sword swinging, but also have a pull up menu where the player can swift through a few power options, like fire blast, fire ball, fire beam, timed fire explosion, scare with heat... and I think having the option to complete things WITHOUT using violence would be something to promote as well! Imagine having a game where you can scare a rahi away by shooting fire into the sky and it runs away rather than having to go toe to toe each time. While some may say that's stupid I think it would be another good stance to take as you are a toy line after all.
I also think puzzles would be a good idea to have in this game, after all what 3rd person adventure game doesn't have them? You could use your elemental powers and mask powers to solve riddles carved into island stones and find the masks of power with the player using initiative to get a mask down from a tree or from a cave guarded by a bionicle bear like in the books (don't quote me on that but in the books and comics they had to use intelligence rather than brute force to get the masks).

While I'm bassically listing my perfect Bionicle game I do think that some sort of co-op could be difficult, it's in every other Lego game and could be silly not to have it in here... how would you do it? Well you could say have the story mode as single player only, but then a multiplayer mode, where the hub world and levels are free to roam around in and complete with a friend using their account. On PC this would as simple as using steam cloud to transfer the game profile of one character to the other pc, or on console I'm sure theres a way to do that.

This sounds long winded and I may very well have made quite a few mistakes - whether Bionicle comes back or not, this has been a dream game of mine for many years and I will continue to hope for it's existance one day, the sheer excitement that you may very well atleast look and consider this idea is astoundingly amazing to me - so thankyou.

To finish this off just to show how well this idea could work, Everyone should look at the Bionicle Mod for Skyrim called the Legend of the Toa. While not complete and has many issues, it shows the bursting potential for a game like this. It doesn't need to be skyrim big, it doesn't need to be the most graphically intensive game, it doesn't need to break any boundaries - it just needs to be a fun Bionicle game that embraces the franchise and all it's possibilties rather than resorting to lack luster products that misuse the brand name to create cheap gameplay experiences that do not use the source material effectively. If a few guys can make a small mod for skyrim that comes close to this dream of mine then I am sure the Lego company can pull this off given their brilliance with the TT games laytley. Again, thankyou for your time.

When you say your life sucks you're wrong, because you haven't lived your whole life yet.

So why tell a fan of, say, Ninja Turtles, that they shouldn't get a similar game just because fans of Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc. are tired of them

But surely if those fans have grown tired of them then there is good reason to question the integrity of marketing the same thing to fans of other franchises? Otherwise you wind up with a sort of "love 'em and leave 'em" strategy. Such a strategy is a blind alley. You continually alienate sections of the market until your product is no longer financially viable.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I would really like a Bionicle game similar to LOMN, covering the story of 2001-2003

Since many recent LEGO games have an element of free-roam, perhaps you could explore the whole Island of Mata Nui. 

There could be levels where you play as Takua, and others where you play as the Toa. You could battle the Rahi, Bohrok, Rahkshi etc and the final boss would be the fight between Takanuva and Makuta. You could unlock lots of Matoran characters and play as them in free roam, as well as the Toa. 

Each Toa would have a different set of moves, like their elemental powers and mask powers, and Matoran could have different skills and tools, for example, Taipu has a high strength level, Kopeke can make tools out of snow, Onepu can ride on his Ussal Crab, and Maku is good at swimming. 

I think it would also be a good way to re-introduce the original story to newer fans, considering Bionicle's *possible* return in 2015. Even if Bionicle doesn't return, I think the game would certainly still do well. I know I'd buy it.

What do you guys think of this idea?

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Not to beat a dead horse, but a new BIONICLE game would be amazing. I really loved Bionicle Heros and still go back and play it quite a bit. That specific brand of LEGO humor in the BIONICLE world really drew my interest. This time around, maybe you could create your own Toa, choose from a list of elements to control and choose your mask as an alt power. Something like that wouldn't be hard for LEGO to make and would have a ton of re-play-ability.

BIONICLE 2015 - I Believe

I want something open world. There are currently too many linear games in my opinion. Ideally this would be a BIONICLE game on Mata Nui (online multiplayer), with the players being matoran. Do tasks for your village, trade, play Kohlii, hunt/fight rahi... You get the picture. But mostly, explore. Build the island to be stunning, with natural and mysterious wonders hidden throughout. Forgotten temples, perhaps. 

I get that's a pretty massive vision. I'm not suggesting something Skyrim size, but I'd actually like to sit back and relax on the beaches of Ta-Wahi for a change.

Edited by Matt5327
  • Upvote 2

Basically a Bionicle (MMO)RPG

First you have to build your character in something similar to LDD, you have limited pieces so your character can only be as tall as a matoran. You can choose colours, factions, elements, etc.
After you've created your character you start a questline. As you progress with the quest you face enemies and you will rank up, allowing you to use more pieces for your character. Defeated enemies will also drop special pieces.

When you've played for hours your character might look like a titan, or could have fours arms, whatever the player imagines.

I really hope Lego will consider this, as it might be appealing to older (ex-) Lego fans.

You mean the same thing that Lego was doing sense Lego Star Wars then added small thing as they moved along.

Yes! My family and I have a lot of fun with those games and my kids and I really enjoy Ninjago and TMNT.

Ya it is fun buuuut from having the same gameplay for like 8 years and just doing small changes kinda get boring in my opinion. I would love to see a LEGO chess game again and a LEGO racer game.

It CAN get boring—I'll admit that, having not bought a Lego game based on a licensed theme since the first Lego Batman. However, they're still massively successful in for the same reason as Lego City's repeated fire and police themes are: longtime fans like us are not necessarily Lego's target audience for these games. Lego knows better than to expect the majority of its fans to buy every one of their games (especially the licensed ones, which fans will only be likely to buy if they're fans of that specific license) or to expect a kid who has "grown out of Lego," as so many kids do, to maintain that passion for the games. So Lego and TT Games have perfected a formula that can be easily adapted to various Lego licensed themes, with fun and simple gameplay that can be improved upon in every subsequent title. I agree that that formula definitely shouldn't be the limit of what Lego video games are like, but in an era of ever-increasing production costs for video games, the Lego licensed games consistently sell well and review well, and in doing so, expand Lego's audience to fans of the properties they adapt. So why tell a fan of, say, Ninja Turtles, that they shouldn't get a similar game just because fans of Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc. are tired of them?

We have all but a few of the LEGO licensed games, but we are fans of all of the properties that LEGO has made those kinds of games of. However TMNT and Ninjago would break the trend of thinks my wife likes. I will admit that the games can get boring once they are completed, but going back to a game a few months later and starting over is almost as much fun as the first time playing through.

• Upvote 1

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

You mean the same thing that Lego was doing sense Lego Star Wars then added small thing as they moved along.

Yes! My family and I have a lot of fun with those games and my kids and I really enjoy Ninjago and TMNT.

Ya it is fun buuuut from having the same gameplay for like 8 years and just doing small changes kinda get boring in my opinion. I would love to see a LEGO chess game again and a LEGO racer game.

It CAN get boring—I'll admit that, having not bought a Lego game based on a licensed theme since the first Lego Batman. However, they're still massively successful in for the same reason as Lego City's repeated fire and police themes are: longtime fans like us are not necessarily Lego's target audience for these games. Lego knows better than to expect the majority of its fans to buy every one of their games (especially the licensed ones, which fans will only be likely to buy if they're fans of that specific license) or to expect a kid who has "grown out of Lego," as so many kids do, to maintain that passion for the games. So Lego and TT Games have perfected a formula that can be easily adapted to various Lego licensed themes, with fun and simple gameplay that can be improved upon in every subsequent title. I agree that that formula definitely shouldn't be the limit of what Lego video games are like, but in an era of ever-increasing production costs for video games, the Lego licensed games consistently sell well and review well, and in doing so, expand Lego's audience to fans of the properties they adapt. So why tell a fan of, say, Ninja Turtles, that they shouldn't get a similar game just because fans of Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc. are tired of them?

We have all but a few of the LEGO licensed games, but we are fans of all of the properties that LEGO has made those kinds of games of. However TMNT and Ninjago would break the trend of thinks my wife likes. I will admit that the games can get boring once they are completed, but going back to a game a few months later and starting over is almost as much fun as the first time playing through.

True. My lack of recent purchases is slightly due to boredom, but moreso due to other factors—the fact that I'm not that fervent a fan of any of the licensed properties they've recently used, as well as the fact that I'm not much of a PC gamer, my main home console is gathering dust, and the handheld titles have been hit-or-miss (I actually returned the copy of The Lego Movie Videogame for 3DS that I bought once I realized that it returned to the top-down isometric view I generally disliked from the DS and GBA licensed games instead of simply being a graphically-reduced port of the console and PC version). I imagine if I get a Wii U I'll be catching up on some of the ones I've missed, especially Lego City: Undercover, which I've wanted since it was first announced.

I was really just trying to point out that ultimately, fans who have bought the games since the original Lego Star Wars are not the most significant in the long run. There are plenty of newcomers to the games, especially since the licensed ones tend to attract fans of those licenses who may only have a casual interest in Lego.

One final point about the perceived lack of "Lego creative spirit" in these games: games that facilitate the kind of creative expression Lego bricks themselves do might not necessarily be in Lego's business interests. The licensed Lego games do a great job of supplementing the Lego experience (inspiring builders to build new things with the Lego sets featured in the games), rather than supplanting it (by offering all the creative potential of the sets, and thus potentially making the games viewable as an alternative to buying all the actual parts and sets featured in the games).

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I say that they should give another go at the point and click adventure game genre, a la MNOLG. If Bionicle does return It'd be cool to see the series return to its gaming roots. As I mentioned in another topic a Bionicle based RPG would be neat as well. However if Bionicle doesn't return then I think both genres would work well for other themes.

sig.jpg

A couple ideas.

1. Lego Doctor Who-I know Lego doesn't have a line of these going yet, but if they ever do, this would be amazing. Picture it:

*The TARDIS serves as your hub, similar to the Leaky Cauldron in the Harry Potter games.

*Play adventures as all thirteen (War included) Doctors, not to mention their various companions, allies, and adversaries.

2. Lego Kingdom Hearts

*Imagine playing as different characters from Disney, Final Fantasy, and the Kingdom Hearts series itself.

3. Lego Super Smash

*Lego versions of all your favorite Nintendo characters duking it out for supremacy. When you add in additional characters from Sega-like Sonic-Capcom-Mega Man-and others-Pac Man and Snake-you've got a serious lineup going on.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

How about:

LEGO Island 3 with the original characters

LEGO Racers 3 with the original characters

LEGO Harry Potter "Complete Saga" for next-gen consoles

LEGO Batman "Complete Saga" for next-gen consoles

LEGO Disney/Pixar game

LEGO Batman Dark Knight Trilogy game

1. A Bionicle console video game that has something similar to Super Heroes style, but with constraction figures as characters.

2. A Bionicle RPG, where you can create your own Bionicle character and uses co-op and perhaps already-existing characters.

3. A Hero Factory console video game similar to #1.

4. A Hero Factory RPG similar to #2.

5. Marvel Super Heroes 2.

6. A Ninjago console video game that has a similar Super Heroes style.

7. A Legends of Chima console video game that has a similar Super Heroes style.

8. A Mixels console video game.

9. A Lego RPG that is based on many Lego themes, such as Bionicle, Hero Factory, Ninjago, Chima, and other stuff, similar to #2. It is like a crossover.

10. Lego The Hobbit 2 (based on the upcoming third movie) and/or a Lego Hobbit video game that is based on all three The Hobbit movies.

11. Lego Star Wars IV, where it would be based on beyond Season 2 of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, the 2003 TV series, and the new Lego TV specials that take place in the Clone Wars.

12. A Lego Cartoon Network video game that has a similar Super Heroes style.

13. A Nickelodeon one.

14. A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one.

15. A Kingdom Hearts-styled, console Lego game that explores many Lego themes, such as Bionicle, Hero Factory, Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and other stuff.:)

I know that this is a lot of stuff, so I'm sorry about that.:(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm sure a Marvel Super Heroes 2 is not that far off with "Guardians of the Galaxy", "X-Men: Day of Future Past" and "Avenger Age of Ultron" coming up all by next year.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I decided to dust off my old account so I could throw in my two cents:

For me, I would love to see something akin to a Lego SimCity* game combined with Lego Loco and Lego Creator, as others have suggested.  Being able to build every building, vehicle, and item and then placing them in the world would be the ultimate feature; kind-of like the mechanics of Spore, but with a lot more depth and freedom to arrange things.  Being able to share your creations with others would also be nice, especially when 'social gaming' has been an ongoing buzzword with the PS4 and Xbox One.  It would also be appealing to kids who dream of having their own Lego-built city, like Bricksburg in the Lego Movie.  I'd also like to see this hypothetical game be multi-platform, not just limited to PC or just one console.  This would also give The Lego Company a chance to improve the tools they have with the Lego Digital Designer, especially if we could manipulate bricks with a console controller, not just a mouse and keyboard.

As for my more realistic expectations, I would be willing to bet that a TMNT game with the TT formula will be coming soon if we're following Lego's usual equation of Major Movie Release + Tie-in Lego sets = Lego Game.  A Hero Factory game might be nice, but I'd also like it to have more depth than any of the Bionicle games we've had in the past.  Now that I think about, I'd love to play a Hero Factory game that was an E10-level third person shooter with RPG (gear) elements.  Ultimately, I want to see a Lego game that: A) was a massive departure from the TT formula that was also multi-platform, B) included more focus on custom building rather than smashing or building pre-determined objects, and/or C) was themed around one of Lego's other ongoing themes, rather than one of their licenses or 'story' themes (Ninjago, Chima).  And as much as I would like a new Bionicle game (I think?  It has been a long time and it would depend on the quality of the game) I don't see it happening unless the series gets revived.

*For the sake of everyone's sanity, let's leave the launch controversy for the latest SimCity out of this discussion.  Please?

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

I would love to see a Lego Island reboot, as well as a Bionicle MMORPG. I think a bionicle MMORPG would have a lot of interesting potential. It certainly seems a lot more appealling than Lego's other MMORPGs. Bionicle already has an incredibly in-depth story (arguably the best storyline ever written for a Lego theme) to coincide with the game. It's always easier to build an MMORPG on a solid storyline rather than start from scratch because RPG games are essentially a storyline that you put your own spin on depending on the decisions you make.

In the game, you would start out as a matoran and quest your way around Mata Nui looking for Toa stones. After you find the stones you choose your element by visiting the Turaga of the same element, and become a toa. Additional Turaga of different elements could be added to various areas of Mata Nui so that you can choose from more than just the basic 6 elements. You continue through the game travel to other islands where you can collect items to become a Toa Inika or a Toa Nuva. The Toa Nuva would have additional techniques and skills you can learn, whereas the Inika would have increased power because of the lightning running through them. You would eventually aquire adaptive armor which allows you to transform into Toa Mahri/Phantoka/Mistika whenever you want. All this time you would aid the main Toa teams (Nuva, Inika, and Hagah) in their quest to stop the Makuta and Dark Hunters

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN