Presence: Who are they

To staff: Since I forgot what happened with the Media Discussion Topic, I placed it here because I don't know where to place it.

If you remember at the end of The Legend Reborn, the first song of the credits, was called Ride. Out of all the bands we know about that have been put in Bionicle, only two are or can be classified as popular bands, Cyroshell and All-American Rejects. Now All Insane Kids have only made two songs that we know, Hero and Caught Up In A Dream, which seems to be all they made. But there is one band that has made an album, only thing is there is no information on them. If you know who I'm talking about, then you know it is Presence.

These guys have some amazing songs from their self titled album such as Better Off, Somebody's Watching Me, Lose Yourself, and of course Ride.If you try looking them up, the only thing that pops up is a band by the same name, only they are older and don't have a self title album. So the question is, who are they and what happened to them?

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Well, after a quick Google search, I found their Wikipedia article. It sounds like Gary Biddles, one of the band members, died just before the release of their second album, and they fell apart afterwards.

Well, after a quick Google search, I found their Wikipedia article. It sounds like Gary Biddles, one of the band members, died just before the release of their second album, and they fell apart afterwards.

not the same band at all.

the Presence OP is looking for is a hard rock band from Tallahassee, Florida. I found their MySpace a while back while doing research on them myself.

there's also a page set up by their former drummer which gives a brief biography on the band.

Edited by Ryuujin

Really? The time frame matches up, and I found it by searching "Ride" on Wikipedia, found a band named "Presence" that performed it, and linked that. I guess they might have just linked it to the older band by mistake (and that explains why I couldn't find any of the same song titles).

probably just somebody who didn't do their research linked it to the wrong band. kind of an easy mistake to make, because according to Last.fm there are no less than 7 different unrelated bands and musical projects by that name.

(off-topic, but it's a bit of a happy accident that you happened to link to that Wiki article, because it turns out they're a side-project of members of my favorite band. I wasn't even aware of them before and now I just bought their first album.)

I tried the Wikipedia page and the Last.fm page before, and no dice. Besides they weren't from Britain and that Presence never had a self titled album. The only thing I want to know first is, when was Myspace made? Just wanted to know because the drummer said they broke up in 1993, which sounds weird to me.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

the unrelated UK Presence dissolved in 1993, yes.

but you are mostly correct, I didn't realize that the drummer on the page I linked says the band broke up in 1999, and I know that's absolutely not true. looks like I made a mistake and this is yet another unrelated band by the same name, but this time from the same city/state as well.

after some hunting I found the correct band's website URL, though, and you can view various incarnations of it (some working, some not) via Wayback Machine.

seems that in addition to the self-titled album released in 2006, they also released at least two other albums - one called Divine in 2000, and the other called Rise in 2003, the latter of which was their only major label release and the one that garnered the most attention.

Edited by Ryuujin