Can we resolve the Bionicle 2015 speculation?

Nato G

Over the past few days, I've been actively following the ongoing cycle of topics being posted up and shut down regarding the rumours and leaks about Bionicle potentially returning next year. To be frank, I'm getting kind of frustrated by the whole thing. Like a lot of people here, I grew up with Bionicle, and as much as I want to jump aboard the hype train, I don't want to have my hopes crushed. 

If these leaked images really are from someone at Lego, then the company must know about it by now. If someone has a means of contacting Greg or someone else at the Lego Group, please try to get a definitive answer as to whether or not these images, and the leaked names on the Russian toy site, are legit. That way, we can put the whole debate to rest, one way or another. 

If this is not possible, is there a way for the community here on BZPower to start a petition of some kind, demanding Lego give us an answer? I would love for Bionicle to come back, but what I would love even more is for us all to stop arguing, and be able to agree on whether or not it actually will be returning.

After all, the first of the Bionicle Virtues is Unity. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Unfortunately, we can't get confirmation from Lego on this point. As much as you and many others would like to know whether Lego will be bringing back Bionicle in 2015, they can't do that at this stage in it's development. No company could; it would be too much of a risk to their corporate security to do so. No official word can be given by Lego at this time because they can't allow competing toy companies to know of their plans for future releases, and because the sets might be unfinalized and thus mis-promoted by fans or news sites. Furthermore, it is strictly illegal for any entity other than Lego itself to release images or written descriptions of sets before Lego has already released them themselves to the general public; thus, none of the current leaks should be out on the Internet or anywhere else.

However, based on the leaks that have thus far arisen, as well as Lego's impassioned responses to their sharing on Flickr and other photo-sharing sites, as well as Greg's accidental suggestion that Bionicle will be a Lego theme in 2015, as well as the removal of the pinned statement in the Bionicle forum of the LMBs that stated that Bionicle was not among the old themes that Lego was considering reviving, we can be completely certain by this point that Bionicle will be returning in 2015 for sure. Due to the massive amount of unquestionable evidence that has arisen in the past few weeks, anyone who believes that there is a chance that Lego will not be releasing the line again in 2015 is simply misinformed. There is nothing more to argue about; it seems as though a revival is guaranteed.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 3

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

We will know whether or not BIONICLE will be returning in due time. Just because there's already a fandom for the line doesn't mean that LEGO will treat it differently from, say, an all-new line.

The rumors are a shot in the arm with regards to activity here, so I'm grateful for them.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Lego will not outright confirm/deny the speculation at this stage in the game. The fan community will not know whether BIONICLE is actually returning in 2015 until leaked images (in COLOR and in HIGH QUALITY) emerge later down the line, but those will not be permitted for BZPower discussion. Lego will not actively announce the theme's return for quite a while, I'm guessing, and likely not until close to its official release... UNLESS they pull a swerving swerve and announce it at Comic-Con or something.

There's really nothing we can do but wait, and keep the leaked image discussion off of BZPower.

-Mesonak

Edited by Meso Zehvor
  • Upvote 1

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Yes: travel to the future. If Bionicle is back, it's back. If not, it isn't.

I'm not kidding. It's called waiting. :)

• Upvote 9

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)