Favourite voya nui character

boston100

Favourite Voya nui character  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Matoro, because I've always favored Ice, and with the lightning sub-element with this powers that year it became a favorite combo of mine. Plus I liked his mask out of all the Inika the best.

Thok was my favorite piraka. Loved his secondary power of animating objects.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 3 weeks later...

I nulled because the Inika kinda sucked, and Piraka had too many layered characters to pick only one.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'm tied between Matoro and Hewkii for favorite toa. I'll go with Hewkii because Matoro's character was only coolest in 2007.

As for Piraka, I think either Vezok or Zaktan. I'll go with Vezok because of the Vezon incident but Zaktan was pretty interesting as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked Matoro for Inika. Matoro was always my favorite Matoran (partly because Ice was my favorite element), but his Inika form was so cool, especially with his trans-blue limbs. I also thought his mask was the least... weird-looking.

Zaktan's the Piraka I'd go with. He was the creepiest hands-down, plus he had that whole Protodite-cloud-thing going on.

If given more options, I would have said Garan. I rather liked seeing the matoran band together and take on six skakdi, and do a fine job of it (given the massive disparity in physical ability). And I sympathized with its leader, who always read as a rational, cautious, wise leader.

But within the scope of "favourite Toa Inika" and "favourite Piraka," I'll say Jaller and Zaktan. I like Jaller for superficial reasons. I found the concept of the Inika cool, that they had lightning-infused elemental powers. And lightning fire seemed particularly cool. Plus his mask seemed to basically be the Force, so the sword-wielding Jaller Inika is basically a Jedi in my mind.

I like Zaktan because I imagined him to be a more meaningful character in the plot, and a more interesting one. I like villains that have to work about as hard as the heroes, and Zaktan arguably worked harder than any of the toa that stood in his way. His position wasn't one I agree with, but it's one that makes sense to me -- whereas Teridax is something of an abstract mythological villain, Zaktan is a practical, grounded villain.

I really loved all the Inika - they had a great dynamic with each other for sure. But Matoro got the most development, and his dilemma with .himself made him the downright most interesting character both 2006 AND 2007.

Meanwhile, the Piraka were great because they worked together while despite having their own agendas. Very violent characters, but also the first canister-sized villains to have individual personalities rather than be a hive-mind. That really helped. I used to have the username "Zaktan of the Shadows" as I definitely enjoyed Zaktan's sinister planning the most

It's actually quite a shame that the Piraka relegated into pointless side-characters after 2006. They were some strong villains.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg