Sinanju Stein Wing-X

Waaja

I'M BACK! And without further ado, I present to you, my entry for BBC #68 , and the July Flikr Contest!!!!!

... Wait, what? They're over already?

IMG_1817.JPG

Name: Sinanju Stein Wing-X

Description: Before the Sinanju was stolen, developers stumbled upon rather strange and foreign blueprints, one detailing a mysterious transforming mobile suit, while the other of a lunar-powered cannon-wielding mobile suit . Realising that incorporating the designs from the blueprints would greatly increase the mobility and power of the Sinanju, the developers set off to design a variation of the still two-eyed, gray-coloured behemoth.

Comments: This was made back in December 2013. I just wanted to make a MOC with Gundam colours. And I kind of failed. XD So I completely ditched the idea of adding any more blue into the MOC, and just stuck with more red.

I quite like the Wing Mode, but only at certain angles XD A direct side-view exposes the gap below the 'cockpit'. But it kind of looks like a mix of the Wing's bird-form and the Strike's Skygrasper...  I've tried to make the Wing Mode look as un-mobile suitish as possible, so hope I accomplished that! XD

Oh, and erm about the name. I just threw in everything that struck me when I thought about the features of the suit. Since I can't get a V-fin, why not make it a Sinanju Stein? XD Yes, sooooo convinient :D

More Pictures:

IMG_1818.JPG

3/4 Front

IMG_1828.JPG

3/4 Back

IMG_1827.JPG

Back View

IMG_1830.JPG

Back View: Wings Out

Wing Mode:

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

Side View: (Eww! >w<)

IMG_1844.JPG

Bottom View: (Eww...?)

IMG_1847.JPG

With accessories attached

IMG_1846.JPG

Height Comparison

IMG_1822.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

Twin-rifle Solar-panel *insert another anime reference here* Shot(to!)

IMG_1819.JPG

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

From another person that watches gundam, that's pretty nice!

it is quite disappointing that you cant get V fins though.

the ability to transform was good, i can never make transforming lego stuff :/

Edited by Raiden: Toa of Storms

From another person that watches gundam, that's pretty nice!

it is quite disappointing that you cant get V fins though.

the ability to transform was good, i can never make transforming lego stuff :/

Thank you! Making a custom head with V-fins in mind would not be within my capabilities, and honestly, so far, I haven't seen one I really liked...

About the transformation: I didn't had the exact transformation in mind when I started out on this MOC. Instead, I added on what I think would contribute to make it look like a plane when it transformed. For example: for a plane, I would need the cockpit. Make a cockpit first, and find a way to attach it to the MOC.

Knowing how some gunpla models are made (eg: watching rrobbert184/ prime92) and how they transform also helps, as you can adopt some of the methods used by bandai into your MOC. From example: Wing gundam already has it's wings on the back, except they are closed up together and only open when it's in bird mode. so I kind of worked with that for the wings.

Or alternatively: make your MOC, play around with it after you're done, and see if you can think of ways it can transform, then modify accordingly. 

Hope that helps! XD

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos