The Elder Scrolls

Morrowind - second best game ever. Scratch that, it shares 1st-2nd places with another game. Played a Dark Elf with a custom class in it. Greatest disappointment in it: no option to kick the Imperials out. Oblivion - decent. Played a Breton assassin. Skyrim - looks decent but my opinion on the lack of jumping and general apparent dumbing down of the game... I'll stop now. Probably will play a Nord, because the way things look we should get to at the very least be allowed to try and break Skyrim away from the Empire. More legitimacy that way.-Dovydas

Edited by Dovydas the Nerevarine

Ugh, the wait for Skyrim is killing me! The closer it gets, the farther away it seems. And for my first character, as my tradition dictates, I will be an Argonian. I was an Argonian warrior/werewolf for Morrowind, and I was mostly a warrior in Oblivion with some handy conjuring abilites with a bit of sneak tossed in there. Also, I could jump really high. In Skyrim I plan to dual wielding Argonian with 2 swords, be mostly a warrior, have a bit of sneak, and dabble in a bit more magic than I used to. Is anyone else hoping for some werewolf DLC? I need werewolf DLC. Bloodmoon is basically my favorite DLC ever. Also, will anybody's character have any quirks? I vow to kill any Argonian with round pupils. As much as I love them, I cannot stand Argoninans with those pupils. I can hardly stand feather either, but pupils is where I draw the line. ~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Skyrim looks awesome. Oblivion is probably one of my favorite games of all time. I was a Wood Elf custom thief/archer like class. There is no reason to not make a custom class in my opinion. I also made an Orc barbarian kind of character who basically killed everybody in sight. Right now, I'm trying to get him where I'll spend 365 days in jail in one sentence. Ah, open world RPGs are the best...-don't touch my pocket protector

Edited by Toa of Nerds

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This topic reminds me why I was happy BZP conveniently went down around the time Skyrim was released. :PBut it's so far a game I love, though near the start I was torn as to what sort of a character I wanted to play. So, after finishing the main Winterhold College quests, I decided that I would be a mage whenever it'd work out. Though, I'm rather sad J'Zargo apparently isn't a marry-able character (mostly because he has a great voice in my opinion), plus my character is a khajiit (I named him Snow).As I'm playing it on the PS3, the only issue I so far have is the lagging from time and time again. (Although I find Destruction magic to be rather underwhelming in some cases, but I could be using it wrong... or something). It's also just a really pretty game~(I also... accidentally killed Lydia and Omund [that Nord mage guy at the College] which made me sad :<)I could ramble every which way about this game, but doing so would make this post even less coherent.

I love it I love it I love it. Been playing the games since Morrowind, and with all the hype it got, I was worried Skyrim wouldn't live up to my expectations. I have never been happier to be proven wrong. Combat is loads better than Oblivion. I just cannot stop playing it!Game of the Year without a doubt.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Isit compulsory to join the Legion or the Stormcloaks? Right now I'm a level 15 Battle Mage Nord and a Lycanthrope, and I hate picking sides in RPGs.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

I'm sure it'll open up quests, but it's certainly not necessary to join either. I don't think there's really anything that's 100% necessary to do in the game.Also, anyone know what level I have to be before the tougher dragons start showing up? A loading screen said white and bronze dragons are much tougher that brown and green ones, and all I've been seeing are brown and green ones. They're still fun, but I'm up for the new challenges.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Just got married and moved into Proudspire manner (Solitude house) with my Argonian wife, Shahvee. The weird thing is, when I tried looking for her, instead of finding her sleeping in the master bedroom, she was sleeping on some rags in the basement.ಠ_ಠAlso, just switched Lydia for Derkeethus, an Argonian companion. The best part is, for some reason he won't die. I've had to reload so many times because I accident;y hit Lydia with my fire breath and she dies.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Apparently companions don't die except for to instances. Against most enemy attacks, they get weakened to the ground and the enemy turns its focus on you. But if they get hit again while they recover, they die. Or if you hit them, they skip the recover stuff and die then and there. Or at least that's what I was told.Speaking of Lydia, is it not possible to marry her? I talked to the priest and I'm wearing the Amulet of Mara, but she won't say anything about it.

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

Apparently companions don't die except for to instances. Against most enemy attacks, they get weakened to the ground and the enemy turns its focus on you. But if they get hit again while they recover, they die. Or if you hit them, they skip the recover stuff and die then and there. Or at least that's what I was told.Speaking of Lydia, is it not possible to marry her? I talked to the priest and I'm wearing the Amulet of Mara, but she won't say anything about it.

Yes, I know that about companions, but Derkeethus cannot die at all. I can't kill him. When he gets down on one knee, I can continue wailing on him, but it doesn't affect him at all. He just gets back up.And also, I believe you can marry Lydia, but either A) you can't do it until you have used her for a very long time, or http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png there might be a glitch (or so I've heard) that stops you from marrying her.Also, marrying is a very good source of income. Everyday my wife Shahvee gets 100 septims from a store she has, and gives it to me when I ask. I'm fairly sure this will happen with all spouses, since she didn't have one before, but when we moved in together, she said "I'm thinking of opening a store".~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I finally did it. I made a full set of daedric armor, plus two swords, a bow, and a shield for Derkeethus. All of them except for the shield are legendary status. It's really funny because after fast traveling to goldbloom mine so I could mine all the necessary ebony, a frost dragon attacked the orc village. Earlier on, I had found the foremaster's fingers for them which granted a 12% bonus to smithing. I really wanted to keep them, but I needed to hand them in to get into the village. Anyway, I kill the dragon and see that it was able to kill one orc woman. I search her body and lo and behold she had the foremaster's fingers. So I took those, and when I had all the necessary ingredients, I took 3 smithing potions which all raised my skill 12% or 10% for 60 seconds, and I now had a total of about 46% better smithing stacked on to my already high 91 skill. So anyway, now I have really good armor. The helmet alone has an armor rating of 46. I can't remember the others, but I don't care. I don't think I'll ever wear any other armor.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Finished the main quest with my Nord Stormcloak dude-with-no-magical-talent-whatsoever, who married Ysolda of Whiterun.Now, I'm playing Morrowind again because of a surge of nostalgy.... Honestly, Skyrim's great and all, really, really great, much much better than Oblivion too, but its story doesn't surpass, or even reach the level of, Morrowind.Its best achievement is the Liberation of Skyrim quest line, really, which is filled with so many epic moments and epic speeches and epic confrontations and a "Look who's executing who now" moment with General Tullius, that it's amazing.-Dovydas

Heh, I plan on joining the Imperials with my Nord. I make up for it with my Stormcloak Argonian and Kahjit.Gets awkward when they start yelling 'Skyrim for the Nords!' at you though.

Edited by The Shouting God

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

It's funny, I thought dragons have become very, especially since I'm level 36 in my full daedric and with two daedric swords. I was thinking of turning up the difficulty.Until I faced an ancient dragon. (playing on default difficulty btw)So I'm walking along, on my way to a part of the main quest, when suddenly this orangeish coloured ancient dragon slams down in front of me, inches from my face. I pause and save thinking "Just in case", and when I unpause, the dragon instantly blows a jet of fire at me. My health goes down to nothing in about 2 seconds. I pause just before I die and take as many healing potions as I can. I run for cover behind a small cottage and summon a flame atronach to distract him. The one guard near the house barely does any damage and is killed almost instantly. The owner of the house is just running away screaming. The dragon downs my companion with one attack even though I had him outfitted with full dragon bone. The dragon's fire does only moderate damage to the fire atronach, so it lands and one hit kills my atronach. Meanwhile I've been firing as many arrows as possible out of my daedric bow, but the dragon hasn't even lost an eighth of its health. It lands again and I think, "I'm way more powerful with my swords anyway", and I run up to it. He shoots me with flame as I run towards him, and yet again I have to scramble and heal with potions. I attack him thanks to his brief pause after his fire attack and I get his health down to 3 quarters with as many attacks as I can get in, and with one bite he gets my health half down, and even though I still have half my health he just doesn't care and insta-kills me with a shake of his head.I repeated this process about 5 times, some where I died right away, some where it took even longer until I died. On my 6th try, I finally beat him using the become ethereal shout every time he blows fire, attack once, and then booking it behind the cabin before he can attack me. That try alone took about 30 minutes. Also, if you give your companion spell tomes, they'll learn the spell.~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

It's funny, I thought dragons have become very, especially since I'm level 36 in my full daedric and with two daedric swords. I was thinking of turning up the difficulty.Until I faced an ancient dragon. (playing on default difficulty btw)So I'm walking along, on my way to a part of the main quest, when suddenly this orangeish coloured ancient dragon slams down in front of me, inches from my face. I pause and save thinking "Just in case", and when I unpause, the dragon instantly blows a jet of fire at me. My health goes down to nothing in about 2 seconds. I pause just before I die and take as many healing potions as I can. I run for cover behind a small cottage and summon a flame atronach to distract him. The one guard near the house barely does any damage and is killed almost instantly. The owner of the house is just running away screaming. The dragon downs my companion with one attack even though I had him outfitted with full dragon bone. The dragon's fire does only moderate damage to the fire atronach, so it lands and one hit kills my atronach. Meanwhile I've been firing as many arrows as possible out of my daedric bow, but the dragon hasn't even lost an eighth of its health. It lands again and I think, "I'm way more powerful with my swords anyway", and I run up to it. He shoots me with flame as I run towards him, and yet again I have to scramble and heal with potions. I attack him thanks to his brief pause after his fire attack and I get his health down to 3 quarters with as many attacks as I can get in, and with one bite he gets my health half down, and even though I still have half my health he just doesn't care and insta-kills me with a shake of his head.I repeated this process about 5 times, some where I died right away, some where it took even longer until I died. On my 6th try, I finally beat him using the become ethereal shout every time he blows fire, attack once, and then booking it behind the cabin before he can attack me. That try alone took about 30 minutes. Also, if you give your companion spell tomes, they'll learn the spell.~U_K~

Wow. O_o This just makes me want Skyrim more. (And I'll be sure to use your method of beating this dragon, if you don't mind. :P)Level 36!? Geez... Skyrim's been out for only nine days. XD-Skar

That soon? Thank God, I'm level 20 something and I've been getting bored fighting regular dragons and blood dragons, I take them out so quick now. Can't wait to hit those tougher ones.Also, speaking of the Stormcloak/Empire stuff, what's everyone's reasons for joining which side? I didn't want to leap on the Stormcloak bandwagon right off the bat like I did initially, since I was annoyed the one Imperial was so quick to send me to the chopping block despite being on the list. I've spent a good while hunting down information about both sides (usually from dialogue) before making a final decision. And honestly, neither of them sound all that great for Skyrim as a whole.I like that, though, I'm glad they didn't take the route of branding one side a clear bad side and the other the good guys. But it does make the decision harder. My problem with Ulfric started when you try to make a temporary truce in the main quest. Seemed like all he did was complain about the Empire and make ridiculous demands. Tullius wasn't much better, but at least he was quick to acknowledge that Alduin was a much, much larger threat to everyone. Even after Esbern put them in their place, all Ulfric did was say "Okay, but I still want Markarth or else I'm outta here." And after gathering some more info, it's really hard to see his rousing speeches of Nord freedom as anything other than propaganda bull that he doesn't even believe. It's become clear that he's using pretty much the whole war for personal power. And I'm far from a fan of his use of a Shout. Plus he's pretty vocal about his dislike of anyone that's not a Nord, especially dark elves, and since I play a dark elf...But the Empire isn't a real great trade off. I've been on pretty good terms with the Empire in Morrowind and Oblivion (minus my stint with the Dark Brotherhood, of course), but I have issues with them here, mostly stemming from the Thalmor and this White-Gold Concordat. Can't say I'm a fan of their ban on Talos worship, but the more info I got the more I got the impression that they're not all that thrilled about it, either. Still, they're currently supporting the Thalmor, who are just as racist as the Stormcloaks, but don't bother trying to hide it behind pretty words. I have a suspicion that if they defeat the Stormcloaks, eventually they'll strike back at the Thalmor, but even so I still have a hard time justifying their alliance at the moment. The Thalmor are clearly doing things like enslaving Khajiit (and maybe Argonians, can't remember) and the Empire isn't doing a thing about it.But then I'm probably putting way more thought into this than any regular gamer is. XD

rahkshi_symbol.png

My Khajit and Argonian will join the Stormcloaks, seeing as their home provinces have already seceded, and my Khajit will probably have to stop himself pwing some Thalmor butt in the cities. My Imperial will join the Imperials because... well, yeah. I like to think of him as an Imperial spy that was accidentally caught. Still iffy on my Nord though.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

I joined the Imperials because the Stormcloaks are really racist, and even though the Thalmor are still racist, You have to admit that they dress really cool.Also, one random Thalmor asked me to find evidence of a Talos worshiper and once I did, he was so nice to me.My thoughts on Talos are mixed, so :/Also, I killed a sleeping blood dragon with one hit. I snuck up on him and did 12 times sneak damage with my daedric sword. Though I saved before that and jumped on top of him.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Morrowind produced in me an outright hate for the Empire that was my main fuel in deciding that unless I really want to try something new I will not join the Imperials in any playthrough in Skyrim.All the Nerevarine stuff about liberating Morrowind and saving the Dunmer, without any choice to start a revolt? AaaaaaaaaaaaarghSo when it came to Skyrim, I had to have only one good look at the Stormcloaks and I said, "Now these, these are my people."Honestly, I don't see them as racist. I don't even see Ulfric as racist. Now INB4YOUSAYANYTHING, the Dark Elves, who get most of the hate, are my favourite race in all of Tamriel. Anyway. The Stormcloaks. Sure, some of them talk stupid stuff about other races. But the impression I got was that Ulfric was simply sick and tired of the Empire maltreating Skyrim, and as for the other races, he seems to have rather neutral opinions if you hear what he says about them and not everyone else. Also, when Galmar suggested attacking Whiterun, Ulfric was rather unwilling to do so - for a man who wants power, he definitely has great respect for life, so really, I don't see him as powerhungry, or as racist. In my honest point of view, he makes more sense than the Imperials, who go off executing everyone without fair trials, whether they are claimants to high kingship, random horse thieves, or just some losers who weren't even on the list.And if the Empire breaks down here I have legitimate expectations that such chaos will break out all around that Morrowind will become a free nation.Anyway, surmising, my opinion is reflected in Ralof's words: "I've heard some things about Ulfric that I don't like, but he's right about this war and Skyrim's future." Plus, I have this thing against empires. Any country ruling any land outside, well, itself is a GO TO HECK in my book. I live in a country that has had the historical unfortunality of being the victim of many empires, so probably, it's my history classes paying off.Also. One detail. The Empire and the Thalmor are simply physically wrong about Talos. Talos is a god, established fact: a manifestation of Talos appears in Morrowind.-Dovydas

Well, I got stuck on the mainquest with the very bad glitch for the (Spoilers ahead) Jagged Crown/Seasons Unending, that makes it impossible to finish either quest, and going to Korvanjund does nothing, because I can't beat it because a Dragon spawns and lands in Korvanjund, and after killing it, I can't move on due to the skeleton blocking the path. And somehow I can't kill the Bandit Chief.Also, I'm Level 21 Nord(Like every Elder Scrolls game) that is a Battlemage. Expert in Destruction, Restoration, Two-Handed, One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Enchanting, and Smithing. Also, I am an expert lockpicker, yet I've never put any of my perk points into Lockpicking. Ironic.Also, have any of you discovered the cheap way to level up smithing and get Dragon Armor fast? You just make Iron Daggers and Leather Bracers over and over. Then enchant them and sell them back for more money. And my friend found this out, then I saw the video about doing this. Ironic.