Agori of the Extended Family of Elements?

I've never been big on the Glatorian era but the stories of the iron tribe once existing caught my interest. I know that the Great Beings modeled the Matoran universe after the world that once existed, so I was wondering about whether or not there could be Psionics, Gravity, Magnetism, Plasma, Lightning, Sonics, (Possibly Earth and Air?) and maybe even light? Or did the Great Beings simply get bored and feel like throwing in a few extra elements for the heck of it? (Or they could have done this because they simply needed them in the robot to do certain jobs to keep it functioning?)

I don't know if there has ever been a mention of these ever existing or a comment made by Greg, so do any of you think they could've existed at some point? Do you think they could've been wiped out the same way as the Iron agori were? We don't have a large knowledge of the history of Spherus Magna before the shattering anyway.

And if these tribes still existed (if they existed at all), then they would've gotten Element Lords right? What do you guys think each one would've looked like?

(Or they could have done this because they simply needed them in the robot to do certain jobs to keep it functioning?)

That's what I've been going with when dealing with those extra elements. Magnetism, Plasma, Lightning, Sonics, Gravity... those would all be super useful when your job is to basically maintain an enormous robot, and potentially fight foes in a universe where the norm for life forms is 85% mechanical, and they all have superpowers :P
  • Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I assumed this topic would be about asking what other elements we think there were -- because yes, Greg recently confirmed Earth, and made it sound like there might be many others (the comment about the Element Lords being made in shifts, so there could be more than the seven we know of now).

But the old fan assumption that many of them were invented by the GBs for MU functions still makes a lot of sense. So... which ones specifically would there be? If Earth is any guide, they would probably be chosen based on what fits the more primitive feel they were going for. So things like Gravity seem unlikely.

What really interests me is if there will be other material elements not found in the MU -- namely crystal! Since Sand wasn't found there either.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I posted a brief theory way back about this exact thing.

My guess is that the elements are baced off an old cultural/religious belief. Also, Gresh's parents were from the wind tribe. It makes more sence for his power than 'Mata-nui associate green with air'.

Also, the Agori seemed to be more advanced berore the war so I wouldn't count plasma, gravity, etc. out yet.

I think Greg said that the story team didn't want to include air. He may have mentioned one of the "sciency" elements as out too, but I forget which one. Really, Mata Nui associating green with air does make sense -- that's how it was inside him. :P Though I personally would like a wind/air tribe. :shrugs:

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Personally, I'd enjoy a Wind Tribe (technically not air!), a Thunder Tribe, maybe a Light Tribe? Wait, new headcanon: the Great Beings WERE the Light Tribe, the first organized tribe on Spherus Magna! Maybe they worshipped Anonna as a goddess of light and dreams?

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I would like to see a Wind/Air tribe - those trees in Tesara and those swinging vines remind me so much of the book Stargazer (googles: huh, I meant the Land of Elyon book <_< @ google) that all you would need is flying machines to complete the reference. :) Given that we have GBs around, I'm a fan. (I wonder if they would all or mostly get killed in the Shattering, though. :shrugs:

I would NOT want to see a Psionics tribe. I'm also not sure why lightning, magnetism, plasma, or gravity tribes would exist - that doesn't make sense to me.

Crystal would be amazing too - I support. (Although we already have a mining tribe in the Iron Tribe, but there can be two.)  

Edited by fishers64