Giant Minifigure Appears On Florida Coast

In the straight-out-of-left-field department, an eight foot tall LEGO Minifigure was found on the beach in Siesta Key, FL. As <a href="http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/giant-lego-man-appears-florida-beach-214642517.html" target="offsite">Yahoo! reports</a>, this isn't the first time this has happened - similar minifigs appeared in Denmark and Britain a few years ago. Most puzzling about this is the message of "No Real Than You Are" that appears on his chest. Sometimes people do odd things, make of this as you will.

View the full article

It's strange that this has happened before, let alone twice. If I remember correctly, the first time was when the minifig fell into the water from some coastal Dutch Lego convention. If I had to make a guess, I would think this is some obscure publicity stunt by Merlin Entertainment to promote Legoland Florida: "Oh, look, a minifigure washed up on the coast in the news. Hey, I heard about a Lego amusement park they just built, let's go there!" :P It would also explain the fact that Lego is not directly linked to it.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Wierd... this gives me deja vu. Wish I had the accent keys on my keyboard.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Isn't giant minifigure a bit of an oxy moron? Joking aside, this is quite weird. Not sure what to make of it, really. -TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

If it's not Merlin Entertainment, my bet is it's some foreign artist trying to exhibit his or her work in the most attention-getting way possible. I only say "foreign" because the sentence structure of the phrase, "No real than you are" is indicative of more than a mere typo with the omission of the (supposed) word "more". Alternatively, that could be the artist's intent, since previous giant mini-figures had the same statement, worded the same way.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

Has anyone tried to figure out if NO REAL THAN YOU ARE could possibly be an anagram for something else? I'm jusy putting that out there to counter Guru's 'foriegn artist' theory.Very interesting...now if one manages to find its way in the middle of New Mexico, I'll be really scared.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

I see what you did there Flynn. Anyways, this seems very cool, yet strange at the same time. I wonder where it came from, and why it keeps happening? Oh yes, that's right, Lego is sending secret soldiers around the world to conquer it. :P That Tahu Mata idea is great, though. They should do that one next.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

This reminds me of the whole "Kilroy was here" But of course this is far more than just a simple picture or carving since this obviously is very unique with a actual large minfig i'm assuming made of plastic. But it gives me the same vibe as that kilroy (which they never did find the person responsible). That's my view on this matter.I'm really am curious if the one they found at another location in Europe was ever studied to find out what it was made of, But that's a story for another day.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Who ever is doing these giant minifigures on the beach thing should do a Toa canister or Tahu Mata on the beach to make our day. :biggrin:

Or Tahu Mata inside a Toa canister... :surprised:
No, to be canon, we'd need Onua. In a canister. On a beach. With an annoying little bird. And steam. Lots of steam...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

So that means the Minifigs are turning into giants and will invide us, this being their warning? :P

Edited by Night Terror

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

'Tis rather odd how the minifigure just appeared on the beach -- did this artist, Ego Leonard, throw minifigures into the ocean and let them drift? Or did he drop them off near their intended landing sites?

I personally would have opted for a LEGO monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey, but this is fine too.

+1 Awesome Points.

Wait, I started a topic about this already….

Edited by toa ordaku

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

Why do the cool things always happen on beaches, with me living nowhere near one? :P Still no idea what the intent could be, but the fact that its happened thrice now is certainliy... Interesting. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Two words: MINIFIG INVASION--THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. And it's also probably got something to do with my hideous luck in my favorite sports. Rangers lose, Blackhawks lose, Hawkeyes lose, local minor league hockey team loses. Just ain't my week.

How well will you die?

Why do the cool things always happen on beaches, with me living nowhere near one? :P Still no idea what the intent could be, but the fact that its happened thrice now is certainliy... Interesting. ~|ET|~

I must agree with you that whenever something major goes on we can't seem to get to it especially since i live in alaska. It always seems fate knows I live in alaska so it goes" Ha. He'll never get to any big event" It seems to sayStill the minifig thing is wierd.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Just read an article in my local newspaper about this. It says that the LEGO Man will remain in police custody for three months as if it were lost-and-found property. During this time, they'll try to find out who the owner is.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So, one of us BZPers has to get to the police after those three months are up and claim it.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching